• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You have a room with space for three arcade machines...

Malreyn

Daytona-USA-Arcade-EUR.JPG

Can I count this as "1"? lol

T-Matt

I actually had to literally make this decision and so far have gone with two pinballs -- Metallica Premium & Ghostbusters LE (arriving this month). Pinball machines are just really good for a game room because there is absolutely no properly replicating them so you're getting them for more than just the novelty. That is true for some arcade machines too, but usually because they're so giant that they wouldn't properly fit in my game room anyway. For my third machine I probably will do a MAME cab of some sort or if there's a game I really love and can pick up on the cheap might do that too. Has to have a ton of replayability though, which many arcade machines don't have (and which modern pinball machines mostly do).
Wow, had not heard of that Ghostbusters machine before. Great choices on the pinball machines.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
- Sit down Daytona USA with the big rear projection screen
- sit down Atari Star Wars (original vector graphics one)
- two player taiko no tatsujin

Or swap that last one for a sega joypolis motion platform with full size initial D car chassis on, which I'd then modify for racing sims. Or an R360 cabinet to use with VR

Time Crisis 2, best light gun game
DoDonPachi, best shmup
annnnnnd

Im gonna cheat

A MVS machine that includes 4 SNK games for variety's sake. Metal Slug X, Metal Slug 3, Real Bout Fatal Fury 2, and Garou Mark of the Wolves

RavenH2

Sunsent Riders (4 player arcade)
House of the Dead 2
One of those crazy gundam cockpit arcades they have in japan...(translated to english pleassse)

Edit: alternative to the gundam arcade, a six seat daytona usa arcade

Luckydog

Surprised to see so much Third Strike love. Came here expecting to the be the only one....

I'm going to cheat a little:

Third Strike
Galaga/Ms. Pac Man Combo cabinet (cheating)
G-LOC: Air Battle from Sega in the motion cabinet

Ploid 3.0

I remember when I was a kid I would have loved a arcade machine. My early gaming was only on arcades. Now though, I would never play them, and I have the space.

I'd pick the smallest arcade machines, maybe that table top pac man, and put more arcade boxes like that on top of each other. If I feel like dusting them off and playing a vs out of pure boredom (locked in storage building), they will come in handy, if no one has a phone though.

suplex

I already have Third Strike (in a Capcom Impress) and Mortal Kombat 2, but my third would probably be a 4 player NBA Jam TE.

There's some 6 player trivia machine at Dave and Busters. That thing
Pac-Man Battle Royale (the big one, not cocktail version)
Hydro Thunder (multiple for multiplayer unless that counts as multiples)

AaronB

To me the classic arcade genres are beat-em-ups and lightgun games; racers and 1v1 fighters aren't far behind - but which to choose? I also love the Star Wars arcade game, and pinball. Really tough choices. For now I'll go with:

-TMNT
-Jurassic Park
-Star Wars

yyr

Time Crisis 1 (50" deluxe, if possible)
In The Groove 2 (dedicated cabinet)
Q*bert

My hope is to actually own these 3 games someday. They are all hard to find, though, and by the time I actually have the space for them, it'll be even tougher.

If I can't find one of them, replace it with Deadstorm Pirates Special Edition.

ExVicis

Capcom vs SNK 2. My favorite fighting game and arguably one of the best. Gotta have one fighting game at least and this is my pick.

Metal Slug X. Maybe I am an SNK groupie,but I grew up playing this game all the goddamn time as a kid. I have very fond memories as a child of dropping the only $5 I had on it and nearly beating it except it was time to leave. This game for me is essentially my childhood arcade experience.

Galaga. I have to have one of the classics in there and for me this is it. While I like this game and I'm okay at it, I never played much of it in the arcades. My father, however, did. Guy was a master and would play it for hours. So both in tribute to him, in tribute to one of the classics and because I enjoy it this is my final pick.

2-Player Time Crisis 2 with the real guns where the slide moves.

4 Player Turtles in Time

Third Strike

It was tough, because I wanted to include so many other amazing games(Gauntlet:Dark Legacy, Killer Instinct, 6 Player X-Men, 4 Player Simpsons), but in the long run, I feel like I covered a good variety of gametypes.

Beatmania IIDX of some version. Not sure whether I'd go nostalgia with Happy Sky/DJ Troopers or just go with Copula/whatever is the latest in the future.

Planet Harriers

Time Crisis II

Bazza

Ferrari F355 challenge with the 3 screens, accelerator, brake and clutch pedal.

MvC2

And an amply space for some future arcade game

Aizo

Banned
Taiko no Tatsujin, because I love the series, and the arcade machine is incredible.

Beatmania, because I'll never be any good at that game unless I own it.

F-zero AX, because GX is my favorite racing game.

Top Bottom