• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You have a room with space for three arcade machines...

1181242177154.jpg

Arcade-Current-Pacman-Battle-Royale-e1349364327112.jpg

NBA-Jam.jpg

Stiler

TMNT
House of the Dead
San Francisco Rush

There's so many more I'd love to have though, MK, NFL Blitz, X-men, etc but those three stuck out for me.

I'd use space for a Time Crisis 2 machine and use the rest of the space for my own contraption, a hydraulic tilt cockpit for use with Star Citizen, Ace Cobmat 7, and Armored Core VR.

I will become t he Armored Core/F-15C/M50

Taiko no Tatsujin (2011) cab, first of all. Ideally I'd get a number of rhythm game cabs, but if I had to choose just one, I'd have to go with Taiko because unlike a lot of arcade rhythm games, there's really no way to entirely replicate the arcade experience at home. You can buy nearly arcade-quality controllers for IIDX, pop'n, SDVX, etc, but even the best home Taiko controller on the market is pretty distant from arcade quality. Plus as far as I know, there's no Taiko HD cabs anywhere outside of Asia due to the required online service not being offered, even at places like Round 1, so that's another reason. For the purposes of this we'll assume I'll be able to get it working somehow, lol.

THE★BishiBashi is definitely another one I'd want. The Bishi Bashi games are some of my absolute favorite multiplayer titles, so I was super bummed that the most recent arcade game never got a home port (aside from a weird F2P mobile thing with a tiny selection of minigames). In the scheme of arcade cabs it's not really too special or unconventional, just 4 huge buttons each for 3 players, it's just a game I think I'd get a ton of use out of that never got a home port.

SCUD Race as well, on that note. I definitely wanted to get a racing game cab in here, and while I'd adore an OutRun 2 SP deluxe cab, I feel compelled to go with something that doesn't have a home release, lol. Daytona 2 is another solid option, but after having played a little bit of both, I do kinda think the higher-speed feel of SCUD Race clicks with me a bit more. But yeah, just give me a cool Sega racing game with a nifty tilting fake vehicle, lol

Picking only 3 is tricky, I'd love to rep some favorite fighting games or lightgun games but if you grab a fightstick or lightgun you're pretty much good to go on those.

Bubba77

I had a chance to buy Fzero AX last year for 2500. Money was not an issue, space in my house was! I ended up building a bartop cabinet with a pi2 for fun. If I had a basement that Fzero Ax would be mine...

chemicals

First of all, GREAT thread! As soon as I read the title I was like "easy: Turbo Outrun, Tabletop Ms PacMan and a MAME machine." But not allowing MAME makes this topic a whole lot more interesting.

I have no idea.. shit... does a Neo Geo multigame unit count?

Atomski

I wouldn't waste that space on three huge arcade cabs that's for sure..

But for the sake of the thread..

MK2
SFrush
House of the dead 2...

A NeoGeo MVS, the most current jubeat cabinet and a Medieval Madness pinball machine for me.
I can swap cartridges on the MVS, but that's how it was designed, so I'm not cheating, am I?

neto

Hard to choose but
f-zero ax, a must for me
TMNT turtles in time, an ageless classic tovplay with friends
time crisis or some light gun one, they are fun, the last one I could probably change it for space harrier

shaowebb

Use the space for two of those to put in a Darius Burst Chronicle Saviors machine

MGxeBXD.jpg

The last one I'd replace with a mame cabinet or digital pinball machine I could load with 100s of things.

Nosgotham

F zero AX is definitely one of mine as well
Killer Instinct 2
Mario Kart GP

I wouldn't waste that space on three huge arcade cabs that's for sure..

But for the sake of the thread..

MK2
SFrush
House of the dead 2...

i have two Rush sit downs linked together. so much fun!

L.A. Machineguns
Marvel vs Capcom 1

And Turtles in Time I guess, but I'm not firm on that last one. Time Crisis 2 is great, but the PS2 version was kind of a Soul Calibur situation in a lot of ways, tons of improvements over the arcade version...

Neo-Geo MVS - Can't decide on which 4 games to choose at this time.
SF2: Turbo - To me, Street Fighter reached it's peak here.
Mortal Kombat II - Better than the first, not dumb *****s, best finishers.

Too many honorable mentions like Namco Classics, Bad Dudes, Double Dragon, and TMNT.

Stiler

Oh snap, I forgot one,

ZYHml8A.jpg

Sunset Riders. I freaking loved that game. They had a cabinet at my local pizza hut back in the 90's and everytime I was there I'd play it.

So TMNT, House of the Dead, and Sunset Riders.

Top Bottom