• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You have a room with space for three arcade machines...

gnomed

I would discuss the scenario of being stranded on an island and picking our top 5 with my older brother since choosing 3 is really hard. But if I have to pick 3, they would be games that can be mastered and have high replayability. Virtua Fighter 3, NFL Blitz, and Sega Rally. And how will there be powered electricity you ask? With coconut generators and two monkey butlers.

ffvorax

Fist of the North Star (the one with the 6 punch)

Dance Dance Revolution (i can't say wich one)

Sega Rally 2

Profit. :Q......

hiro4

I've been thinking about this since yesterday and there are so many good suggestions here! Can't pick.

Narrowed it down to three types though:
Light gun game
Fighting game
Race game

Though in all those three there are too many good ones to pick.

Melchiah

If the original cabinets are included...

Ee1sAvbl.jpg

It's been over 15 years, so I'm not entirely sure if it was that racer we played.

q6BH4gG.jpg

We played those two every time at our local bar in the late 90's. Dunno what the third would be.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
You guys do know that the full version of F-Zero AX is unlockable within F-Zero GX, and can be played in Dolphin, right? Get a decent FFB wheel and pedal set, and a nice monitor and boom....F-Zero AX at home :)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
easy

sega rally 2, super gt (scud race), and ferrari 355 challenge

Oh gosh.

Street Fighter II (no brainer), Guerrilla War (a nostalgic fave), and... maybe Donkey Kong?

I have to walk away from this, picking just 3 is brutal.

Street Fighter II' Turbo (I had an actual machine...good times)
HyperDyne SideArms (or Raiden Fighters Jet)
Ms. Pac-Man/Galaga tabletop cocktail

DDR Extreme or one of the recent ones with 'all' the songs.

Aliens vs Predator.

Street Fighter 3 Third Strike.

Though I may swap SF3 for a shooter. Time Crisis 2? I never got over how fun the kick of the arcade lightguns were.

DDR ExtremeTurtles in TimeTime Crisis II

Hahaha, almost twins!

Do those NeoGeo cabs that had like 4 games on them count? A comic store near me had one with Metal Slug, Samurai Showdown, King of Fighters and Windjammers. The cabinet automatically cycled between the games when no quarters were in. I spent so many quarters on that thing.

Anyway I'd want that...

F-Zero AX

And

NBA Jam for sure.

Do pinball machines count, if not?

F-Zero AX, Truxton, and some random Japanese music cabinet like Project Diva.

You guys do know that the full version of F-Zero AX is unlockable within F-Zero GX, and can be played in Dolphin, right? Get a decent FFB wheel and pedal set, and a nice monitor and boom....F-Zero AX at home :)
F-Zero AX' arcade machine also had the seat move whenever you steered, landed after a jump, or anything else like that, not gonna get that on Dolphin.

Edit: There's a 3rd version of F-Zero's arcade machine, this one has the entire cabinet move, and not just the seat like the one most people know, so I go for this one.

Edit 2: Some more footage.

EYEL1NER

Took me like less than a second for the three to spring to mind after reading the thread title. I know exactly what cabs I would choose:
-Marvel vs Capcom 2
-Hydro Thunder
-Gauntlet Legends

A Metal Slug game would be fun but those three are my most favorite arcade games, so it was a quick and easy choice.

For you people who just put three things with no explanation- why? Doesn't seem like it adds to the conversation and I find it odd.

I hope other people love hearing the "why" for these kinds of things as much as I do. The idea of a home arcade has always appealed to me, I'm legit surprised more people don't do it. The stuff is relatively cheap these days (for now).

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Hydro Thunder - The rumbling seat, the badass boats and tracks. The announcer. I love arcade racers, but HT is just unique, and so well done.
Popeye - One of my childhood favorites, and it's not likely we'll ever see Nintendo revisit it, or put it on the VC. Timeless.
Robotron 2084 - Another one of my all time favorites, Robotron 2084 will NEVER grow old. Love it, love it, love it!!

Honorable mentions...

Rolling Thunder - Classic side scrolling awesomeness from my youth.
Shinobi - For the first stage music alone. Love me some Shinobi!
Kung Fu Master - Childhood favorite again, I could beat the game over and over one one quarter.
Golden Axe Death Adder's Revenge - The greatest Golden Axe game ever made, and no home port.
Pac-Man - Timeless
Galaga - Timeless

BlackJace

Metal Slug 3: The craziest and most diverseset of levels. Aliens, Zombie breakout, mutant crabs, breeeeeeehs.
Marvel vs Capcom 2: One of the best fighters ever made. I'd settle arguments with this cabinent.
The Simpsons: One of the first cabinets i remember playing. It was pretty funny as well.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Pac-Man Battle Royal
Resident Evil 5 Arcade
Sega Race TV

Top Bottom