• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Youkai Watch: General Thread

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Yeah ol fortune..whatever. I'm just the dad. =/

I only have one cynake. Dupes I have that I guess are 'rare' are azure dragon, cruncha, the foil big sludge swoosh? guy, q'wit, and I actually have an unopened jibanyan figure with that yellow fire thing and his medal. I could buy someone the $5 beetall thing that comes with the extra pages if someone needed that.

Tusk

Dunno, if anyone's interested. But there's a new Youkai being added to that phone game. It's another recolor of Fubikihime. Dunno what it's called, only saw a pic.

I really dig it though.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Just to keep everything legit and in lieu of a feedback system, I've initiated a trade with hupla and am in the process of tryin to trade with preyingshark as well. But if anyone has a venoct or ol fortune available, let me know. Or a goldenyan.

I'm an expert

I mean if it's the same nonsense as season 1 with predefined bags in a box, i'm just buying an unopened box and getting it over with from the start.

I mean if it's the same nonsense as season 1 with predefined bags in a box, i'm just buying an unopened box and getting it over with from the start.

i might do the same but i also heard a full box isnt guranteed a full set as some people ordered a box and didnt get a full set.

I'm an expert

i might do the same but i also heard a full box isnt guranteed a full set as some people ordered a box and didnt get a full set.

Yeah I can confirm that myself from some of the placements I tried on new boxes. The Venoct pack was missing for me but the Confuze pack seems to be another random one. Still, buying a full box and trading for the others is more sane.

nvm expert i decided to go for all the medals so i'll need to keep mine since they aren't dupes :X

Lol, why would you offer to trade non-dupes. Anyway, still looking for Venoct and Ol' Fortune. Have Dragon/Swosh/Cruncha/Beetal/Pandanoko/Castillius 2 dupes and a Jibanyan figure medal. I think those are all my 'rare' dupes.

i came in late so i just started getting the merchandise last week so i could never find a full box of series 1 but this buying a box and just trading doesnt sound like a bad idea lol

I'm an expert

You can ask for an unopened box from whatever store. What I did. Opened the box, counted the packs I needed, left the rest, boom. Just suck my box had the Venoct pack as the difference. But I'm not going to run around now store to store looking for that one pack.

I'm an expert

Does anyone even yokai here anymore? Anyway, father's quest complete. All series 1 and Goldenyan. Not worrying about the figures or shit like comicon. Just a snap of the hardest 2 pages below. If you guys need stuff from S1 I'll have a bunch ready to trade for S2.

Q1OPghR.jpg

Impotaku

hehe congrats,

Yeah people still post in here but it's quietened off a little. Collecting away myself but the difficulty factor is ramped up by 100 compared to the US sets just so many sub series.

Main sets
Busters sets
Gashapon sets
Band aid sets
Ramune sets
Bubble gum sets
Arcade machine sets

All of the above have multiple series in each set, then there's the crazy amount of promo medals and contest medals and website medaland exclusives. It's really hard keeping track of them all. Taken a break from crazy amounts of buying to concentrate on other stuff but the new series keep building up fast you get about a month to catch up before the next lot come out it's just mental.

I'm an expert

I'm hoping my kid will be the cool kid with the US medals and he won't want the jmedals when we go back. We'll see..

I'm an expert

Yeah there's no way I could do the jmedals, just too late to the game. My kid didn't even know yokai until it released here in america, then be went back and saw the toys, and totally randomly they released here during holidays. Like I knew what yokai was but had no idea of the medal scene. Anyway, I'll focus on US and see what happens. Like if my kid was older i'd probably just buy shit like comicon jibanyan. But he's young enough to not know what's going on. I'm probably having more fun than him, and I only figured out wtf was going on like ~3 weeks ago.

hupla

Toyfair is happening which means hasbro is showing off new Yokai product!

First here is the Yo Motion line which seems to be what hasbro is calling the second watch
its called Yo motion because it seems you can project an image of the yokai! here are some videos of the watch in action
https://twitter.com/OAFE/status/698621415076032512
https://twitter.com/OAFE/status/698691604291436544
https://twitter.com/OAFE/status/698692307793670144
It seems cool!

There was also a ton of other stuff but my fav dumb thing is this Rapping Komajiro
https://twitter.com/OAFE/status/698620945020362752

That twitter has a lot of other pics and videos! Good stuff!

I'm an expert

A second watch before series 2 of medals even comes out? How many series came out in Japan before the next watch? I might throw in the towel if they have simultaneous watches/medals this early.

A second watch before series 2 of medals even comes out? How many series came out in Japan before the next watch? I might throw in the towel if they have simultaneous watches/medals this early.
That won't be out until the end of the year at the earliest. This is a prototype that isn't even fully functional (the switch doesn't work yet; currently you have to insert the medal in twice to get the full summon).

EDIT: The first watch only supports 100-something medals so it'll likely only go to Series 3. There's more than enough time for it to be completed before Yo-Motion comes out.

Impotaku

Think it was series 4 that the zeroshiki watch appeared as it was meant to coincide with the release of the 2nd game along with the new z & koten medals.

The added motion feature is cool but that lump of plastic over the dial blocking the medal art looks like total shit. I'm going to hope that it's just because it's a proto, the whole idea is they are meant to be identical replicas from the game world.

The first watch already looks horribly cheap compared to it;s Japanese counterpart. Hope they don't wreck the 2nd watch too.

hupla

The first watch already looks horribly cheap compared to it;s Japanese counterpart. Hope they don't wreck the 2nd watch too.

eh its honestly not that bad, compared to how sentai role play toys are brought over for power rangers it could have been a lot worse.

I'm an expert

First watch does not look cheap lol, it's built like a tank. Anyway that makes me feel better. I'm not sure we'll still be here for s3 but I'll find a way to complete this first watch collection, then probably switch to the jseries.

Impotaku

Does compared to it's Jp counterpart, it's missing the metallic paintjob from the pics i have seen, just plain grey plastic and Hasbro couldn't even be bothered to put hinged straps on like it's meant to have, instead they just added 2 slots and fed a big rubber strap through covering the speaker grill, so to remedy it been muffled they cut slots in the strap and then made the volume stupidly loud. Also missing the blue UV searchlight.

I'm an expert

just to update on my trade with hupla. he was great with sending the shogunyan out. even sent me pics of the receipt. unfortunately the receipt had the wrong zip code on it. two weeks later still no shogunyan, though he's confirmed he received my medals. sent him a pm but last week but it's been a few days since a response so just putting this here for visibility.

I'm an expert

Posting here at the recommendation of mods to let everyone know Hupla is not someone you should do any trades with or communicate with at all. I have been burned. Funny how I wrote in this thread that I wanted to trades here instead of reddit because I trusted people here more. Lesson learned.

Meffer

Toyfair is happening which means hasbro is showing off new Yokai product!

First here is the Yo Motion line which seems to be what hasbro is calling the second watch

its called Yo motion because it seems you can project an image of the yokai! here are some videos of the watch in action
https://twitter.com/OAFE/status/698621415076032512
https://twitter.com/OAFE/status/698691604291436544
https://twitter.com/OAFE/status/698692307793670144
It seems cool!

There was also a ton of other stuff but my fav dumb thing is this Rapping Komajiro

https://twitter.com/OAFE/status/698620945020362752

That twitter has a lot of other pics and videos! Good stuff!
Well this answers the question of if we're getting 2. We are.

Meffer

Posting here at the recommendation of mods to let everyone know Hupla is not someone you should do any trades with or communicate with at all. I have been burned. Funny how I wrote in this thread that I wanted to trades here instead of reddit because I trusted people here more. Lesson learned.
Sorry to hear about, man.

I'm an expert

kinda sours me on season 2 lol. it's been so long between releases that my son isnt that interested in the medals anymore, though of course if he knew there were new ones he'd want them. trading was a legitimate option to fill in gaps, but it's so fucking annoying trusting people on the internet for such little shit. fuck am i supposed to do about some cheap plastic medal if it goes wrong. ah well.

Tusk

Haven't posted in here in a while, been taking a break from medal collecting and YW in general to avoid burning myself out.

Saw Amazon JP lets you order games internationally now. Wondering if anyone knows if this would apply to game related items like medals too?

Impotaku

Haven't posted in here in a while, been taking a break from medal collecting and YW in general to avoid burning myself out.

Saw Amazon JP lets you order games internationally now. Wondering if anyone knows if this would apply to game related items like medals too?

Do they? as here when i go on Amazon Japan it always says cannot ship this item outside of Japan. Hence the reason i have to use tenso.

If you scroll to the bottom of any item to where it mentions the product details it will have a section for international shipping saying weither it can or can't be shipped outside of Japan.

Here in the UK the only items i know that will be shipped from Amazon Jp with no problem are CD's DVD's & books, everything else is restricted including marketplace sellers.

Tusk

Do they? as here when i go on Amazon Japan it always says cannot ship this item outside of Japan. Hence the reason i have to use tenso.

If you scroll to the bottom of any item to where it mentions the product details it will have a section for international shipping saying weither it can or can't be shipped outside of Japan.

Here in the UK the only items i know that will be shipped from Amazon Jp with no problem are CD's DVD's & books, everything else is restricted including marketplace sellers.

I guess it's something that started today? Just saw the thread on it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1195223

Reading through it, I guess some games still don't work.

The international thing only applies to games sold directly by Amazon. Medals tend to be non-Amazon sellers, right? So in that case it wouldn't really matter anyways.

I would be interested in the new game if I wasn't robbed at the bus stop yesterday. I'm fine but I'm done $60 or so, AKA the price of a new game. So *shrugs*

At least Pokken was already paid off so I'm good. lol

Tusk

I would be interested in the new game if I wasn't robbed at the bus stop yesterday. I'm fine but I'm done $60 or so, AKA the price of a new game. So *shrugs*

At least Pokken was already paid off so I'm good. lol

Oh wow, did they just sneak off with your stuff, or did you get into an encounter? Glad you're okay.

Impotaku

Been a while since i did anything YW as i have taken a break from it including the medals as i found i was getting burnt out on it all.

Did manage to win the latest campaign medal off the medaland website today, took a lot of tries to get it though over several weeks as you got only 10 tries in a day to try and win it with account points. Just glad i have a huge reserve of points to use but now there's a lot less until i start buying medals and registering them again.

This is the lastest campaign
http://yw.b-boys.jp/member/spmdlcamps/

Oh wow, did they just sneak off with your stuff, or did you get into an encounter? Glad you're okay.
Dis nigga be like "Yo bruh got change fo' a 5?" and I be like "No, sorry my nigga" and dey be like "Got 3 ones?" and I be like "Yah, but I need that shit you hear me?" and dey be like "Got change for a 1?" and I'm like "I'll check yah" and then dat nigga be runnin' off with my wallet and jumpin' da fence and I be like "Fuck this shit I ain't getting knifed fam".

...*ahem* Yeah I got tricked. I'm safe though. Losing the money hurts but I'm just going to take it as a life lesson.

Top Bottom