• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your frozen pizza of choice?

GeekyDad

All right, so we've done the Pizza Hut vs. Papa John's, Domino's vs. Pizza Hut. How about frozen, store-bought pizza?

I know, most folks, including myself, love good-old-fashion pizza made by folks who know what they're doing, but considering time and Covid, I'm sure many of us still nab a frozen pie at the store, pop it in the oven, and in a few minutes devour that shit like an animal. I do, anyway. And for me, I don't even have to think about it. This is my weekend treat without fail:

img-products-brick-oven-3-meat_324.jpg

iconmaster

Banned
In high school I preferred Jack’s for its low, low prices. As a gainfully-employed adult, I’m able to spring for DiGiorno.

Edit: after some googling, I see that Screamin’ Sicilian consistently reviews well.

Last edited:

TindalosPup

In high school I preferred Jack’s for its low, low prices. As a gainfully-employed adult, I’m able to spring for DiGiorno.

Edit: after some googling, I see that Screamin’ Sicilian consistently reviews well.
Screamin' Sicilian is the best frozen pizza I've ever had, their sauce is on par and their crust is a healthy balance between thick and thin

I also appreciate their box design and names:
screaminsicilian_fullsize_story1.jpg

Last edited:

Kev Kev

i still think cheese belongs on top of pizza, but they put like 3 layers of different cheese, and i imagine they use wisconsin cheese since they operate out of chicago, and oh my fucking god it is heaven. its the cheese! im not even a big cheese person but that wisconsin stuff is the bomb) best frozen pizza ever AND better than any sit down restaraunt pizza ive had. i dont know how they do it but this pizza is fucking phenomenal.
chicago-deep-dish-cheese-pizza-3-pack.060dec6c5698552d4362fac0266fac86.jpg

Amory

I don't really eat frozen pizza anymore but I used to like the brand Mystic. Idk if they're still around.

Generally speaking I prefer frozen pizza that knows it's frozen pizza and doesn't try to be fancy (i.e. digiorno). Cardboard-tier crust, sauce, cheese, toppings usually works well.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
Screamin' Sicilian is the best frozen pizza I've ever had, their sauce is on par and their crust is a healthy balance between thick and thin

I’ve never seen this brand of frozen pizza before. Is it an east coast thing or something?

Last edited by a moderator:

Futurematic

i still think cheese belongs on top of pizza,
Yo wait. Do we need a thread about this?

Not singling you out because it seems to be popular with plenty but I hate with a fiery passion cheese on top of all toppings. It is a seriously widespread thing here, so much so that chain pizza alters their standards in some locations. Double pepperoni with half below the cheese? Sure, classic. But why would I sacrifice crispy pepperoni?

What does cheese on top
get me?

GeekyDad

i still think cheese belongs on top of pizza, but they put like 3 layers of different cheese, and i imagine they use wisconsin cheese since they operate out of chicago, and oh my fucking god it is heaven. its the cheese! im not even a big cheese person but that wisconsin stuff is the bomb) best frozen pizza ever AND better than any sit down restaraunt pizza ive had. i dont know how they do it but this pizza is fucking phenomenal.
chicago-deep-dish-cheese-pizza-3-pack.060dec6c5698552d4362fac0266fac86.jpg

Holy mother of god, that looks insanely amazing for frozen pizza!

Kev Kev

Yo wait. Do we need a thread about this?

Not singling you out because it seems to be popular with plenty but I hate with a fiery passion cheese on top of all toppings. It is a seriously widespread thing here, so much so that chain pizza alters their standards in some locations. Double pepperoni with half below the cheese? Sure, classic. But why would I sacrifice crispy pepperoni?

What does cheese on top
get me?
dude im with you, the cheese shouold go over the sauce.

but ginos east is the exception. its ungodly for any pizza, not just frozen. it sells out fast at all the ALDIs around here whenever it comes in (which is semi-rare)

Susurrus

There's several I like but generally Digiorno's is my go to.

Recently Whole Foods did a half off on frozen pizzas for Prime members, I picked up several, they were hit and miss, but Udi's stuck out as pretty good and will probably get a repeat.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Those Dr. Oetker pizzas you can get on deal for $3 aren't bad. Can't expect much for $3, but better than I thought. Kind of small, and it takes many tries to get it right. The pizzas are so thin they can get burnt fast.

I don't buy it often because it's too big, but the Kirkland Signature rising crust pepperoni 4-pack are good. And only about $15 too. Haven't bought it in a while, so not sure they even still sell it.

CrapSandwich

former Navy SEAL
I really liked this the first time I had it, but the next few times I hated it. Crust is like cardboard and all I taste is sauce. Don't know if me or the pizza changed.

This stuff is maybe worse than any frozen pizza I've ever had.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
It’s offensively bad

I used to live across the street from a 7/11 so I’ve had pretty much everything they serve

pizza is prob the worse thing they serve

and that’s saying a lot cuz most their stuff isn’t great

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Red Baron classic crust man myself. Bakes up quickly, better than some delivery. Tombstone is my backup.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!

my fav as well, but I’ll get what ever is b1g1 at the food store.

Tschumi

dr Oetker, tuna and curry powder flavour.

It was the definitive snack of the winter i spent in a huge apartment by a private lake in Grunewald, Berlin around the turn it the century..

images

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom