• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your frozen pizza of choice?

Valedix

09310174024827_C1L1_1.png

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
This shit is the kryptonite of my diet

gdBORQD.png
Never tried Red Baron. But every once in a while when you read people talking pizza Red Baron comes up.

I know Walmart Canada had these way back for dirt cheap and I avoided them thinking they were shit. I think even their Great Value pizzas cost more. They also had one called Donnatella's or Donatello's which were also rock bottom priced. Never tried that either. They gutted these bargain brands and just expanded their selection of GV brand and Dr Oetker.

Last edited:

DarkestHour

Banned
Jack’s Pepperoni is the best for the price. Newman’s is the next best. Thin crust is the best because it is nice and crunchy.

xrnzaaas

I only tolerate Dr Oetker's frozen pizzas - Guseppe is good when you're hungry (because it's thicker), but Ristorante series offers pizzas with better ingredients.

Personally... I loved this one, but sadly it went outta production.

kRLciqWhXfoJB6fqj5kC4Z2TF0mTe7WCK-uAZFfvsDETBtvw1aq6NsSZEIzirSB_lM9uyOXCecbjsnQVUUOT

Also loved this one (, but it also went outta production.

6892.gif

This one was also kinda good, albeit it also went out of production:

35582684-5c1f-41f3-859c-afc2e668e420

Of those available here in Norway, I've been lately buying these, which are pretty good:
7035620031465.jpg

Sometimes I just make my own pizza as well, but frozen pizzas are great for gaming sessions. I'll also order now and then as well, but I feel like good frozen pizzas are kinda different from good restaurant made pizza, so I don't feel like they always compete.

My wife's favorite is:

2c1fb375-23ce-4235-85c4-223ad87c815f

highrider

Banned
I’ve been eating those Stouffers French bread pizzas since I was a kid, I think it’s like a a nostalgia thing. My and my sister used to have them on Saturday nights when my parents were out, we would watch the Love Boat/Fantasy Island. Good times lol. I do think frozen pizza is better when it has kind of something different going for it than just a frozen pie. Definitely Stouffers and even Totinos, which to me is terrible pizza, but not bad for whatever it is lol.

Last edited:

lachesis

I just ordered flash-frozen pizza from Naples, Italy to NJ... will see how it turns out.
Supposedly it's all baked and all, you just need to heat it up.

Costs quite a bit - $117.28 USD ($109.99 for pizza, free shipping, $7.29 tax) to be exact... for their 8 pizzas (4 margheritas and 4 provolinas) - so each pizza is roughly about $14.66 - relatively comparable to the ones I can buy locally (NY/NJ) - hoping they are at least 12 inches, not personal pan pizza size.

Well, I guess I will be eating a lot of pizza over the holidays.

Billbofet

I actually worked at the company that makes Screamin' Sicilian (Palermo's) a few years back as an analyst and I agree it is a great frozen pizza.
Not sure if this is a Milwaukee/Midwest only brand, but if you can find King Cheese - also made by Palermo's - grab it. You won't shit for a week due to how heaped it is with cheese, but it will be worth it. Trust.

I worked near the R&D kitchen and gained 8 lbs. in my short run there.

BigBooper

I just ordered flash-frozen pizza from Naples, Italy to NJ... will see how it turns out.
Supposedly it's all baked and all, you just need to heat it up.

Costs quite a bit - $117.28 USD ($109.99 for pizza, free shipping, $7.29 tax) to be exact... for their 8 pizzas (4 margheritas and 4 provolinas) - so each pizza is roughly about $14.66 - relatively comparable to the ones I can buy locally (NY/NJ) - hoping they are at least 12 inches, not personal pan pizza size.

Well, I guess I will be eating a lot of pizza over the holidays.
Good luck. Living the dream

showernota

Ngl the Walmart Sam’s Choice stuffed crust is pretty good. They have a chicken bacon ranch, and a buffalo chicken I’ve tried, pretty good. I like the digiornos deep dish and croissant crust in a pinch.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Every frozen pizza I've ever eaten has given me extreme heartburn. I haven't eaten it in probably over 10 years now.

Dthomp

With how cheap pizzas from chains like Dominos and Pizza Hut have gotten in the US I can't see a world where people eat frozen crap pizza.

With how cheap pizzas from chains like Dominos and Pizza Hut have gotten in the US I can't see a world where people eat frozen crap pizza.

Cheap? Sure, If you go pick it up. You order a $9 pizza and if you get that shit delivered it somehow ends up being $32 lol

BigBooper

I used to get Dominos on the regular, but since they switched to drive thru only, I'm guaranteed to wait in line at least 15mins and the pizza will be barely lukewarm.

Dthomp

Cheap? Sure, If you go pick it up. You order a $9 pizza and if you get that shit delivered it somehow ends up being $32 lol

lol, fair enough. I used to always do carry out for that reason. I always end up living close enough to one of them that paying 3.50 Delivery charge plus expected tip, plus always getting the driver wanting to take two orders at a time so mine always shows up luke warm has made me avoid delivery.

rorepmE

71487600-3F13-40D1-AC75-E9AD0F7366A5_720x.png

Fuel for dodgeball in PE where I would crush weaker kids with devastating headshots.

Susurrus

71487600-3F13-40D1-AC75-E9AD0F7366A5_720x.png

Fuel for dodgeball in PE where I would crush weaker kids with devastating headshots.

Holy crap you even provided a purchase link. Didn't even know that was possible.

Codes 208

98328a5c-111e-42ff-8cfe-1bad5957c478_1.769d225c6e05ec735604d35c72a16e33.jpeg

One of the only frozen pizzas that rivals the freshly made pizza joints in terms of cheesiness imo
Screamin' Sicilian is the best frozen pizza I've ever had, their sauce is on par and their crust is a healthy balance between thick and thin

I also appreciate their box design and names:
screaminsicilian_fullsize_story1.jpg
SS is a good one too, their mambo Italiano and meat lovers are amazing.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Kirkland pizzas are good at Costco. But one time I tried one called Stromboli's. It was shit.

Here's a pic I found on the net. Avoid.

20200302_103901.jpg

cr0w

Old Member
Outsiders makes good shit. A little on the pricey side though.

Aldi's store brand is really fucking good for the price. Best overall price/taste though for me is Home Run Inn.

I always thought these looked good in the grocery store, but no way in hell am I paying 7-8 bucks for a frozen pizza.

It's really good, to me closest to ordering a pizza, but yea for frozen it's expensive. But basically worth it whenever they go on sale. Local supermarkets often mark em down with deals and for the price it's one of the best frozen pies

MHubert

maxresdefault.jpg

Through many years of tribulation, I found these (especially the pepperoni) to be the best. I normally prefer a thin crust with a lot of topping, but the Rustica hits a kind of golden balance, even with a fairly thick crust, as the crust is just perfect. Pimp it a little bit with a fresh cheese of your choice (never cover the pepperoni with the cheese), and this might just be the best frozen pizza ever created.

drganon

Totinos party pizza if I'm feeling lazy. If I want a semi decent frozen pizza, then it's the digiorno margherita pizza.

ramuh

Used to roll with red barron back in the day, today is all about papa murphy's for home pizza. Well that and making pizzas with my daughter.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
I bought this without realizing it was fake chicken. Threw the fuckin thing in the trash where it belongs.

GUEST_3600f30f-f067-413b-8a2e-90ffe65a47ec

Top Bottom