• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your frozen pizza of choice?

aclar00

All right, so we've done the Pizza Hut vs. Papa John's, Domino's vs. Pizza Hut. How about frozen, store-bought pizza?

I know, most folks, including myself, love good-old-fashion pizza made by folks who know what they're doing, but considering time and Covid, I'm sure many of us still nab a frozen pie at the store, pop it in the oven, and in a few minutes devour that shit like an animal. I do, anyway. And for me, I don't even have to think about it. This is my weekend treat without fail:

img-products-brick-oven-3-meat_324.jpg

Havent bought a Frozen pizza since i was a teenager. Im not a super pizza fan, as in i dont go out to have pizza. Its def an order in and watch a movie thing. Im not sitting down at a restaurant to eat it

With that said, when i do have Pizza at home i usually improvise. Ill use some type of bread, usually Pita (as seen in pic) or even Hawaiian bread cut down the middle horizontally, put some olive oil on it, little garlic salt, spaghetti sauce, cheese, and pepporoni. Nice quick snack.

d06aTe3.jpg

Dark Star

Jack’s, Tony's, etc. … whatever is cheapest at Walmart because I ALWAYS end up LEVELING TF UP those plain pizzas lol

Before tossing it in the oven I add more sauce, more cheese, a few slices of onion, olives, mushrooms, green peppers, jalapenos, diced tomatoes, even some bacon or salami or whatever I have in the freezer/fridge.

turns your 2 dollar pizza into something actually really tasty, and you save money. I enjoy making my own thin crust pizza at home, too, the dough with yeast from scratch, which is actually the biggest savings, just buy some marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese :p

Last edited:

GeekyDad

The best tasting frozen pizza that I can eat has been Daiya’s, but it’s kind of expensive. The meatless meat lovers is really good.
QqYpyb0.png

Had to look that up out of curiosity. I've seen the Daiya pizzas at the store, but didn't realize they were vegan, and this one in particular piqued my curiosity. Seems they mostly use pea protein for the meatless meat. That seems pretty healthy actually. Might have to give one a try. Though they are pricey.

highrider

Banned
Havent bought a Frozen pizza since i was a teenager. Im not a super pizza fan, as in i dont go out to have pizza. Its def an order in and watch a movie thing. Im not sitting down at a restaurant to eat it

With that said, when i do have Pizza at home i usually improvise. Ill use some type of bread, usually Pita (as seen in pic) or even Hawaiian bread cut down the middle horizontally, put some olive oil on it, little garlic salt, spaghetti sauce, cheese, and pepporoni. Nice quick snack.

d06aTe3.jpg

The smart people do something like this, but I think you fail to grasp the concept of frozen pizza, there must be the most minimal effort possible lol, even bringing separate things in to the discussion..

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Had to look that up out of curiosity. I've seen the Daiya pizzas at the store, but didn't realize they were vegan, and this one in particular piqued my curiosity. Seems they mostly use pea protein for the meatless meat. That seems pretty healthy actually. Might have to give one a try. Though they are pricey.

They’re worth trying. Neighborhood Walmart’s tend to carry them for less than say Target or Whole Foods in the US. They cook best in the oven. The air fryer also works, but it can burn real easily. Vegan meats and cheeses are really good too and are becoming a lot easier to purchase at major grocery stores.

aclar00

The smart people do something like this, but I think you fail to grasp the concept of frozen pizza, there must be the most minimal effort possible lol, even bringing separate things in to the discussion..

haha i understand....if i must choose a frozen pizza its those Red Barron (i think) French bread pizza. Dont care for them, but we sometimes get them for the kid. I rather use my recipe above though lol. If i want to be lazy ill buy the cheese already grated ;-)

lachesis

So my flash frozen pizzas from Napoli came in. Technically yes, made in Napoli, with local ingredients and all.. but I think they have warehouse in NJ, so it was delivered from there.

For 14+ bucks... I'm not really too happy about it. It is pretty decent, a bit too salty for my taste compared to the ones I can get from some fancy Neapolitan Pizza place downtown NYC. The crust was crunchy and soft at the same time as it should be - yet it was abit on the drier side. I think actual flash freezing has something to do with it. Size is about 10" x 11" oval. Typical Neapolitan size. No issues there - but I could eat 2 of those in one sitting.. lol.

And turns out.. you can order it from Amazon / Wholefoods! Not sure if it's nationwide or just Tri-state deal... but the kicker is that it's cheaper from ordering from the site too - by 3 bucks.

On top of that, certain Target sells them at 9.99. Yikes.

Feel a bit... duped. Still have 6 of those left, but once they are all gone... I may try out a different way, or make my own Neapolitan style pizza.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The Mike's pizzas at RCSS are decent. They cost a few more bucks than Delissio and they never seem to go on sale either.

But decent and I'd say give it a try.

Big pizza too. I'd say it'll feed 3 people.

21125002_lrg_1_@1x.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom