• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zeku revealed for Street Fighter V!

So, zeku is two guys or the start of strider clsn? I mean strider is from the future

In this game, we have Zeku Old who uses Strider-esque moves and Zeku Young who uses BUSHIN STYLE. Same person, different ages.

Zeku old goes on to be the founding member(s) of the Strider clan.

MrCarter

giphy.gif

Thanks. One of the best OST’s in gaming right now and that’s a feat for fighting games nowadays.

Demoli

I have to say man, thematicly it makes no sense to have the model resembling a strider not being the one using strider's moves.

Scotia

Banned
Found this great post on Reddit (it's the first comment) that details how many moves Zeku has (hint: it's a lot):

Old Zeku has:
4 Special Moves (1 of them (Bushin Flip) having 3 follow-up options)
1 Unique Attack (Overhead)
Stance Switch to Young Zeku (down,down + 2P)
V-Trigger dash and unique VT combo-ender to this form.

Young Zeku has:
4 Special Moves (1 of them (Run) having 3 follow-up options)
13 Unique Attacks / Moves
Stance Switch to Old Zeku (down,down + 2P)
V-Trigger dash and unique VT combo-ender to this form.

That's a total of:
8 Special Moves (14 if you count the 6 follow-up options to Bushin Flip / Run)
14 Unique Attacks
Stance Switching via V-Skill / down,down + 2P
V-Skill / V-Trigger shenanigans, both V-Triggers have different teleport dash framedata and different combo ender.
Oh and of course both forms have totally different set of normals and throws.

Link

Rymuth

Wiki said:
Zeku has the biggest moveset in the franchise. 41 in total.

So, to keep score

Kolin: first (non-boss) character with ice powers
Ed: first character with non-traditional inputs
Abigail: biggest character yet
Menat: first 'puppet master' character
Zeku: biggest moveset in the franchise

Lot of milestones broken with this season.

jett

D-Member
Hold on, did they actually live-record the violins in Zeku's theme?

Plenty of the tracks in the game have live instrumentation.

I genuinely dislike Hideyuki Fukasawa's body of work, as he has composed more misses than hits when he was brought on to compose SFIV's soundtrack (and the other games he'd composed music for). Mostly due to the fact most of his songs and melodies don't have a jingle that sticks with you, but his music generally sucks. I think the only good BGM in SFIV was Underground Arena, but he really butchered the arrangements for the character themes in that game.

...but he made RASHIDO and Brazil Round 2, which are two of the best themes in SFV.

SF4's soundtrack is awful from top to bottom though.

DR2K

Banned
So, to keep score

Kolin: first (non-boss) character with ice powers
Ed: first character with non-traditional inputs
Abigail: biggest character yet
Menat: first 'puppet master' character
Zeku: biggest moveset in the franchise

Lot of milestones broken with this season.

Season 1 characters were fucked

Juri - lost multiple specials, adjusted into another character entirely, still garbage
Alex - trash, still trash.
Ibuki - lost tons of moves and specials, was considered trash until players realized you can’t block what you can’t see.

Man I'd love Maki in the game, but I hope the presence of Ibuki and Zeku aren't already oversaturating that design niche for it to be a possibility.

Maki would bring me out of retirement and I'd start playing the game competitively again lol. Chances of her making it are likely slim to none though. Too bad...

DJwest

I really like his design but I'm not sure about his move set. Hopefully he'll grow on me. When are w getting news about season 3?

Ibuki - was considered trash until players realized you can’t block what you can’t see.
Lmao.

Ryce

If Zeku is a Strider does that mean we'll see © Moto Kikaku @ the title screen
I have a feeling Capcom will avoid using the word Strider, like how Menat's master isn't mentioned by name or how Gill's secret society isn't actually referred to in-game as the Illuminati.

MrCarter

Found this great post on Reddit (it's the first comment) that details how many moves Zeku has (hint: it's a lot):

Link

Very nice. It seems like they put the most effort into him as a character out of the whole cast - and we still don’t know what his second V-Trigger is yet either. GG’s Capcom.

Shadic7700

Season 1 characters were fucked

Juri - lost multiple specials, adjusted into another character entirely, still garbage
Alex - trash, still trash.
Ibuki - lost tons of moves and specials, was considered trash until players realized you can’t block what you can’t see.
Y'all missed GodKing Urien the best character of SFV and my personal favorite street fighter

kewlmyc

So Strider is now officially part of the SF universe.

Can't wait till Dante is also confirmed to be part of the SF universe somehow.

Street Fighter really used Final Fight lore to establish the origins of Strider. Jesus, how many franchises are now canon to SF?

-Street Fighter (duh)
-Final Fight (multiple characters and overlapping plot points)
-Muscle Bomber/SNSM (canon to FF, cross-references between SF and MB)
-Justice Academy/Rival Schools (recently established by one of SFV's lead artists)
-Strider (Zeku heavily hinted to be founder of the Strider style)
-Vampire/Darkstalkers (not officially canon, but Donovan was (possibly jokingly) referred to as Dan's ancestor in concept art)

SF's practically become Capcom's version of KoF at this point.

So Strider is now officially part of the SF universe.

Can't wait till Dante is also confirmed to be part of the SF universe somehow.
Nah save Dante for Vampire 4. We need SFVI to take place a decade after SFIII so that some random kid named "Rock" can show up in the year 200X.

Ferrio

Banned
Street Fighter really used Final Fight lore to establish the origins of Strider. Jesus, how many franchises are now canon to SF?

-Street Fighter (duh)
-Final Fight (multiple characters and overlapping plot points)
-Muscle Bomber/SNSM (canon to FF, cross-references between SF and MB)
-Justice Academy/Rival Schools (recently established by one of SFV's lead artists)
-Strider (Zeku heavily hinted to be founder of the Strider style)
-Vampire/Darkstalkers (not officially canon, but Donovan was (possibly jokingly) referred to as Dan's ancestor in concept art)

Tekken counts now doesn't it?

Was expecting Zeku to have some bad ass shoes in his nostalgia gear. I guess that's just a Guy thing. I like business suit Yakuza Zeku tho

You guys are posting like 10 themes from a 60 theme OST and acting like it's hot shit.

I'd have trouble naming 10 themes from SFV that aren't good.

Edit: Also fuck you Jaw.

Top Bottom