• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Too Human pics

Haunted

Amir0x said:
No, you don't. I just expected you to since you wanted to call out the haters for "jumping on a bandwagon", as opposed to having two eyes that can focus light in such a way that allows for vision which can interpret that shitty ugly screenshots of Too Human are, in fact, shitty and ugly.

As for my comment, it makes plenty of sense. I just don't know what to actually CALL this brand of ugly. I would readily admit it's a specific type of unattractive that I'm not familiar with. Every thing looks so individually awkward, and it does not blend together well at all. I don't know what the technical technique they abused was to achieve this hideous effect, but I just wanted to express it nonetheless.
:eek: :eek:

:lol awesome.

Doodis

I'm not about to get into a debate here, but I have been looking forward to this game for a long time now, and I believe the gameplay and story will make up for any visual deficiencies. Of course, we won't know until it's released. But it's getting dissed so badly that I thought I'd better add some support.

Mau ®

rune_74 said:
Yes HS was a good looking game, but was it a good game? NOt sure on that one.

It has an 80% average on GR. Good enough I'd say.

It had flaws but it also has great merits. To this day I havent seen such production values on a game. The best acting Ive seen on a game, fantastic VA, amazing cut-scenes, best use of Six-Axis yet, great graphics, nice boss battles, great characters (Kai <3 ).

Sure the gameplay was ok but dont speak of HS as if it was a turd.

SPEA

Amir0x said:
ok then well you seemed so OUTRAGED at the thought that this shitty looking game actually looked shitty that I thought you had a more fleshed out argument for me.
Did Too Human sleep with your girlfriend or something? Damn man., that's ban worthy in most threads.

Videogames = Serious Business.

Flakster99

Looks good to me. I have enjoyed most of what SK have created, so naturally as a fan of their wares, SK will get the benefit of the doubt.

Olivier

Kafel said:
http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/865/865872/too-human-20080410025939178.jpg

2usec2c.jpg

Zabka

Looks like it has the same problem Forza 2 had. Little white dots crawling all over the edges of everything, like there's a lighting/highlight effect that doesn't get any AA.

I don't mean to offend when saying this... I'm hoping for this game to turn out well myself... but just from those screens, I would think that this is the most artistically flawed, highly anticipated game in existence. I mean... I'm not even sure what I'm looking at in the 2 screens in the OP. I'm being serious too. Those robot things. wtf.

rune_74

Neo Member
OMG look at the animations....heheh one of you even complained about that looking at a screenshot....shake your heads, christ.

OMG I can't figure out the whole storyline from a screenshot OMG! Do I even have to justify the stupidity of that statement?

bigmakstudios said:
I don't mean to offend when saying this... I'm hoping for this game to turn out well myself... but just from those screens, I would think that this is the most artistically flawed, highly anticipated game in existence. I mean... I'm not even sure what I'm looking at in the 2 screens in the OP. I'm being serious too. Those robot things. wtf.

Yeah, when I read this thread the only thing I can think of is highly anticipated. What about the robots? How are they any worst on the geth?

And for everybody whining about the P.R. on the game last time I checked most of the previews for it have been pretty positive, even the one from mangod.

untoldhero said:
With all this media being released every week of Too Human you'd think it was coming out soon..

Based on the post-GDC batch of podcasts, seemed like the early word was that this was an end of May release.../shrug

WrikaWrek

Banned
A bunch of people trying too hard to hate on the game, looking pretty funny in a sad way in the end.

The game looks good, and what we know and seen is promising. I think it can turn out to be a surprise.

rune_74 said:
OMG look at the animations....heheh one of you even complained about that looking at a screenshot....shake your heads, christ.

OMG I can't figure out the whole storyline from a screenshot OMG! Do I even have to justify the stupidity of that statement?

Credit where it's due though: It really is a new kind of awesome to rag on animations in a still. Although, something tells me it *had* to be sarcasm. Right?

rune_74

Neo Member
WHy are they doin flips.....are you seriously asking that?

OK I will answer it for you...it was a hard hit and they were thrown back by the force, thrown through the air?

mm04

I for one, can't wait for the game. GAFs reaction is completely predictable towards this game. All the bashing of screen shots, art design, etc. I'm not worried about the screens. I know that most games journalists who played it, seemed to like it. And ironically, many said it looked great. To me, that's all that matters. People that have actually played it, like it. Breaking down every texture and frame is just picking knits. I bet when this game gets marketing and comes out, most people will not be nearly as critical of the looks as GAF.

Soule

Peronthious said:
Somersaults around the bear; it's what everyone does when they see Jesus.
Spirit of Jazz said:
Being knocked back by an AOE attack? You know, not that that's glaringly obvious.
I honestly thought they were just flipping around for the sake of it, like ninja robots. Maybe it's coz I'm sick at the moment and need a break from teh computerz.

Madman

rune_74 said:

I think he was joking.

ypo

A decade long running joke. Oh boy, when are you going to pull the plug on this bad joke Silicone Knights?

BigBoss

Looks like Knut, the psycho bear found a new home after being kicked out of that German zoo for murdering all those poor fish.

TheExodu5

Banned
You guys think this looks nice? WTF?

Ugly textures - check
Another grey color palette - check
Terrible lighting - check
No dynamic shadows - check
EXTREME bloom - check
Ridiculous overuse of phong shading - check
Zero anti-aliasing - check

This game looks fucking horrible.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
30fps. I can't play these types of games at that frame rate. Still, what's the deal with the Cabela's bear?

rune_74

Neo Member
TheExodu5 said:
You guys think this looks nice? WTF?

Ugly textures - check
Another grey color palette - check
Terrible lighting - check
No dynamic shadows - check
EXTREME bloom - check
Ridiculous overuse of phong shading - check
Zero anti-aliasing - check

This game looks fucking horrible.