• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Remastered (PS4) First trailer up

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a shitload of "this is what the entire history of videogames has been leading to!" quotes followed by the giraffe scene...

Sounds about right.

Theecliff

Banned
Well fuck, already watched it before I saw all the spoiler warnings. Although to be honest I'm pretty sure I've seen screens of that scene posted here without spoiler warnings before, so I'd hope it's not anything that important.

Also, that was a bit of an underwhelming announcement trailer. They better be showing us more soon.

StuBurns

Banned
People are overreacting in regards to it being a spoiler, the reason it resonates within the game is the contrast in tone from the previous scene.

I personally wouldn't have chose it, I think the first real nature sequence would have been nicer.

Huggers

Why would you play this game again with slightly better graphics? Better looking graphics won't change how meh the gameplay and story was.

Wow man. That's like. So controversial.

Disappointing first look. Not really worth bothering unless we are going g to see so e game play.

sappyday

I never found this scene to be amazing so I this doesn't bother me. However it looks almost identical to the PS3 version. The only reason I would get is for the developer commentary.

Alienous

Well fuck, already watched it before I saw all the spoiler warnings. Although to be honest I'm pretty sure I've seen screens of that scene posted here without spoiler warnings before, so I'd hope it's not anything that important.

Don't worry, your core will still be shaken.

Minyobi

That trailer did nothing for me, and I liked the game quite a bit.
Doesn't help that my issues with the game weren't really with how it looked.

Why would you play this game again with slightly better graphics? Better looking graphics won't change how meh the gameplay and story was.

I guess because most people consider the gameplay and story to be among the best of all time and they're looking for a reason to experience it again.

Is that so hard to believe?

VanWinkle

you guys are too touchy

hint: spoilers involve PLOT or things you DIDN'T KNOW about the game

the actual 'moment' of this scene isn't even really depicted here

Druckmann is just trying to avoid the hordes yelling at him on twitter. it's not a spoiler.

Location spoilers are a thing, you know.

casnix

Yep, that's a spoiler alright. Hopefully the title of the thread gets updated. The trailer also looks like it was just quickly thrown together. They probably weren't ready to reveal it just yet.

Hoo-doo

Banned
People in here acting like this scene is the pivotal masterpiece of the entire game, lol.

It's an awesome moment in a game filled to the brim with awesome moments.

daveo42

Banned
The PS4 shot looks much more like a watercolor painting than a screenshot from a game. The background seems so much more full of color than the original.

It really isn't. I was like "meh, whatever". There are *sooooo* many better moments in the game, dunno why people are fixated with that one particular scene.

Kimosabae

Banned
People are seriously out of their minds if they think this doesn't look better. What were you expecting? A remake?

The imagery looked picturesque to me.

The PS3 version looks like a jagged mess in comparison.

EL CUCO

I understand why people THAT PLAYED IT are saying its a spoiler. But IMO its a MILD spoiler at best, out of its context.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
really hope people who never played the game avoid the trailer

maybe pm a mod to throw a spoiler tag in the title
you guys are too touchy

hint: spoilers involve PLOT or things you DIDN'T KNOW about the game

the actual 'moment' of this scene isn't even really depicted here

Druckmann is just trying to avoid the hordes yelling at him on twitter. it's not a spoiler.

nope, you're wrong on this one sorry

Castcoder

Banned
Pretty sure most people who haven't played The Last of Us won't really understand what's going on anyway, so they won't anticipate this scene that much.

MormaPope

Banned
Excellent game, abysmal trailer. Youtube compression makes the scene look like GTA IV, so damn blurry and greasy looking.

EDIT: Are you guys really considering this a huge spoiler? ANIMALS EXIST WHEN HUMANITY HITS THE SHITTER! HOLY SHITTTTTT

So, to recap Gaf's reactions to this whole thing:

Couple of months ago - 'Wait, TLOU could be coming to PS4? AWESOME"

A week ago - "Awesome, it's coming. All we need is official confirmation"

Yesterday Morning "$60? I can't double dip at that price, will wait for sale"

Yesterday Evening "1080 60fps? Oh baby I'm back in, NAUGHTY GODS"

Today "15 Seconds of footage? Is that all we get? This isn't a full remake :( , it doesn't even look that much better!"

Gaf pls.

coolmast3r

So they've basically added some nice AA, 1080p, 60FPS and they call it 'remastered'. Yeah, it's good to hear, but with all that hype surrounding PS4's horsepower being utilized the best way possible by ND, I thought it should look MUCH better than what we saw in this teaser.

Yyggk5x.gif

A pretty bad spoiler on top of an obnoxious, pretentious trailer.

daveo42

Banned
Really?

I'm not seeing a big difference, tbh.

That's my impression right now based on the two shots we have. It could be the comparison shot from the PS3 is a much closer one to Joel and Ellie, meaning less background real estate is actually shown.

They release a trailer for a game which is a remastered version that a lot of people have already played, but instead use the trailer to pat themselves on the back even more, treating it like an accolades trailer for an independent film instead of showing off the remaster.

VanWinkle

Today "15 Seconds of footage? Is that all we get? This isn't a full remake :( , it doesn't even look that much better!"

Gaf pls.

So... people reacting to events?

So they've basically added some nice AA, 1080p, 60FPS and they call it 'remastered'. Yeah, it's good to hear, but with all that hype surrounding PS4's horsepower being utilized the best way possible by ND, I thought it should look MUCH better than what we saw in this teaser.

Yeah... I didn't notice any additional detail on the characters or high res textures. Perhaps that wasn't the best footage to use for the first teaser?

Oppo

really hope people who never played the game avoid the trailer

maybe pm a mod to throw a spoiler tag in the title

nope, you're wrong on this one sorry

apology not accepted, but that's ok, since nothing untoward has taken place ;)

also game has been out for almost a year. maybe don't enter a thread/watch trailers if you still haven't played it.

Huggers

Gaf pls.

You're being a bit selective there with which opinions you highlight

-griffy-

Banned

There's also more geometric and texture detail. Look at the concrete Joel is resting on, it's a sharp angle on PS3 and actual curved geometry on PS4. Where Ellie is leaning there is whole new texture detail.

Pretty sure it was pre-rendered on ps3 so it tells us nothing.

False, you were in complete control of this moment in the game.

MormaPope

Banned

Gaf pls.

Whoa, are you like the machines from the Matrix? How do you know what everyone was thinking at once?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom