• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which announced/assumed to be in development game are you anticipating most this gen?

While there are many games that have me excited that have either officially been revealed (Mirror's Edge reboot, I'm looking at you) or are assumed to be in development (Fallout 4), no game has me as electrified as Zelda Wii U. While it has yet to be formally exhibited (pretty much guaranteed for E3), like every Zelda, I just can't wait for it. Whether or not the hype is actually deserved won't be known for some time but man, after seeing what Nintendo did with Link Between Worlds, I'm just bursting at the seams.

zelda-wii-u.jpg

While the tech demo at E3 in 2012 was just that, a tech demo, it's fair to say that the Zelda we ultimately are given will be at least up to that par in terms of visual quality. Many people were impressed while others were let down. As someone who was raised on Zelda 1, seeing Zelda as fluid, colorful, and clean in terms of graphical fidelity has me anticipating something special. I've actually come around with what was shown at E3. I'm definitely on the 'color me impressed' bandwagon now.

What about you? What is your most anticipated and hyped game so for for this generation?

Please explain your reasons.

Durante

eternity-logo.png

Pillars of Eternity, easily.
Reasons? It's a game in my very favourite genre being made by the best team in the industry, unshackled from publisher demands.

theWB27

Easily The Division...everything about that reveal and the details about the always online...desolate, scavenge for clean water, trade goods with other players and mold your player as you play instead of being stuck with a class....I cannot wait for this game.

Pathos

Banned
Most pumped about the new Gears of War, it is my favourite series from last gen and personally, I loved Gears 3 multiplayer out of any game last gen. Really pumped for it.
Other games in no particular order:
Fallout 4 - Fo3 is one of my all time favourite games
The Division - Looks awesome
Halo 5/2A - 2nd favourite multiplayer series, can't wait.
Star Wars: Battlefront - I'm a star wars fan(ish) lol
Destiny - Bungie hasn't made a game since 2010, and they've been planning this for like 10 years. Looks like Halo/Borderlands, which sounds amazing.

eternity-logo.png

Pillars of Eternity, easily.
Reasons? It's a game in my very favourite genre being made by the best team in the industry, unshackled from publisher demands.

Yeah, I can't wait to play that. Got my steam code and DLC/expansion kickstarter contribution waiting to be fulfilled.

Other than, personally for me it's DA:I right now. I like ME better as a series, but I'm very cautious about the future of the series.

DJIzana

Forever and always...

Monolith Soft's "X"
isDtZIbqRvjcn.gif

and

92eaa174.gif

My reasoning is simple. I've been waiting FAR too long for both titles. Less so with Monolith Soft's "X" so the wait is more tolerable but yeah. Ever since I saw Versus XIII in 2006 it's something I've always wanted.

No matter how PO'ed I'd get at Square (that's quite often, believe me)... I still want FFXV. =(

Hexa

Kingdom%20Hearts%203%20screenshot%20PS4%2005.jpg

This is my deadline for getting a PS4. I will get this game that day it comes out. No matter what.
This was the game that defined my child hood. I just have to play it. Period.

FFXV is my next most hyped game.

Hard to pick just one:

Cyperpunk 2077: Love the setting and style. I appreciate the mature nature of CDPR's story telling, can't wait to see what they do with this.

Biowares new IP: For the most part I enjoy everything Bioware does, can't wait to see a brand new IP from them.

Mass Effect (4): Loved the first 3, can't wait to see what's going to happen next, and where they're going to take the story, how will it tie in with previous entries

Fallout 4: Can't wait to see a what this series will be like on the new consoles.

Halo: Big Halo fan, really interested in where the story is going to go.

Gears of War: I'm really just excited to see what Black Tusk can do

Star Wars (anything): I've been craving a new, quality Star Wars title for quite a while now.

Mass Effect 4
The game will stay a Mass Effect game according to devs.(RPG element )
My favorite trilogy of all time. ( even with Mass Effect 3 ending)
The next game they start from scratch, so there is so much potential with that universe. I'm hyped. E3 trailer # Believe.

Betty

Banned
MGSV - Loved the whole series, adored Ground Zeroes, add in the fact this is meant to be loads bigger plus Metal Gear Online and I'm pretty sure this'll last me the whole generation.
Kingdom Hearts III - Been waiting for this since KH2 in 2006, having skipped a whole generation, and with it's usual production values, I firmly believe KHIII will melt eyeballs.
Fallout 4 - I need a new wasteland to explore, loot and discover things in, I keep telling myself this is coming so I don't go back and replay 3 & New Vegas yet again.
Smash Bros Wii U - Smash Bros games last me for years, I still play Brawl to this day. This might be the game that gets me to pick up the Wii U.
Zelda Wii U - I really enjoy the Zelda series, and despite the latest entries being a little lacklustre even an average Zelda game is better than most other games.
Half Life 2 Episode 3 - I just want to kill the Advisors and finish the fight.
:(

In that order.

Quantic Dream's next game

Why? Amazing graphics, soundtrack and acting, original story, focus on characters and themes you can relate to.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Is it actually a sequel from Xenoblades or a brand new story line? Never played Xenoblades but am quite curious about this. Definitely looks great.
We dont know yet, it could be a sequel, it could a spiritual successor of sorts, or it could be a new IP entirely, they intentionally have kept it's code name for so long just to tease us.

DocSeuss

TROPICO 5

TROPICO 5

TROPICO 5

Let me tell you something about Tropico 5.

I'm in pain. It's a health thing. If you want to know the details, I made a thread about it over here.

Point is, playing intense games can be hard. Playing grimdark games about death and dying, that's hard too. Sometimes, I'm so tired, just the act of play can seem like work, and that's where Tropico 5 comes in.

Today, I turned down a hospital visit, because of the stuff described in that thread I linked. Basically, I can't afford to go. I was on the waiting list, my doctor said I could come visit THURSDAY... but that's my biggest work day. If I miss out on that, I miss out on a significant portion of my paycheck, and I can barely afford to live as it is.

I am in pain and tired all the time, and I can't quit work to go see the doctor, because I need to keep a roof over my head. That's how bad it is.

With Tropico, I can basically be the almighty deity in the sky that makes sure nobody else has to feel that way. I can give people shelter, then make it free. I can give people jobs, and increase their pay. I can provide free healthcare. I can make them happy and healthy. That's awesome.

Tropico 4 is a game I put a lot of time into. Nothing bad really happens. You can't really lose. It's zen. You grow a city, you let it thrive. There's very little I really have to worry about with Tropico... not that it's easy, it's just... it's not like Banished, where I am constantly stressing about keeping people from being sick or dying.

Tropico 5, to me, looks like it'll be more of that. It provides a chance to play pretty zen-like, to not have to worry about failing or whatever. It's chill. It's got a sense of humor that puts a smile on my face, upbeat music that makes me happy. Go watch the trailer. Seriously, look at that. Now go look at everyone else's grimdark crap.

I'm anticipating Tropico 5 more than any other game this gen, because I need this. I need the quiet, the calm, the laughter, the relaxation. Honestly, the only thing I'm worrying about is not being able to get the Steam Special Edition preordered in time. I'm filling out as many surveys and stuff as I can, so I can get some Gamestop gift cards, get a card, and buy the game. It's gonna be my #1,000 on Steam.

But yeah.

When the rest of the world feels like hell, Tropico is a place I can go to and live for a while. A place where I can be in control, and where I can be a benevolent and awesome dictator named Voodoo Pizzaman.

Tropico 5 lets me live somewhere that isn't hell. And that's awesome.

JayEH

Fallout 4, Mass Effect 4, Doom 4. Any other 4's I'm missing? Lol (I really like RPGs and I want to see what a new Doom would look like in modern day)

The Phantom Pain also if that counts. (Look at my avatar)

Edit: Dragon Age 3 since it's also an RPG.

18-Volt

Announced:
X
Fire Emblem X SMT
Uncharted 4
The Order 1884
Bayonetta 2
Kingdom Hearts 3

Assumed:
Super Mario Galaxy 3
Metroid Prime 4
Infamous Vita
Motorstorm Vita
Syphon Filter Vita
Gravity Rush 2
Legend of Zelda U
Ratchet & Clank PS4
Borderlands 3
Sly Cooper 5

Most? (assumed) F-zero Wii U. Why? Because I haven't been playing a goddamn F-zero game for ten years. Ten years!

Tohsaka

Final Fantasy XV. Ever since it was revealed as Versus, I always thought it looked more interesting than FFXIII.

Top Bottom