• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which announced/assumed to be in development game are you anticipating most this gen?

Fallout 4...I need it, now!

If they announce it this year at E3 (as a current gen game) or at the VGAs I will cry manly tears of happiness.

As far as announced goes, I'm very much-so looking forward to "The Order: 1886" it looks to be the visual showcase game with a compelling story.

DocSeuss

Sorry you're in pain Doc. Hope it subsides even just for a little bit. Happy you have Tropico 5 to look forward to.

I'm very lucky that some people have donated to the crowdfunding thing Accent set up. I may actually end up surviving this summer after all.

noobasuar

Banned
Quantum Break- I love Remedy

Smash Bros- I needed an HD smash like 8 years ago but better late then never.

Last Guardian- I like seeing something ambitious.

As neither a fan of FF or KH past KH2 both KH3 and FFXV games will make me purchase a PS4 with which ever comes out first. Been waiting nearly a decade for both.

I avoided all games from the FF13 world. Haven't enjoyed a FF game since FF8 but I am very excited for FF15.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
oh, almost forgot fire emblemXShin megami tensei, just because I want to see what it is really, all we know is that it will be a RPG, cant wait to see FE models in HD, assuming it isnt going to be 2D or sprite based.

X, because xenoblade chronicles was the best game I played since ff7. Oh give me a new halo as well. I have a weird taste in games.

MGSV: The Phantom Pain - in terms of storytelling, I really liked the Prologue, and what I've heard of the gameplay sounds really great too. So this should be even better, especially since it will reintroduce features that I really enjoyed in Peace Walker.

And a possibility of a future PC release makes me even more excited for this game, even if that would happen after a long, long time.

KKRT00

The most? Definitely Star Citizen.
If main concept delivers, it will be my new EVE Online, so a game that i played daily for almost 4 years.

Aaron D.

tZ5UFXB.jpg

I ain't even kidding.

vypek

In no particular order:
Star Wars Battlefront
Kingdom Hearts 3
Final Fantasy XV
Just Cause 3

I'm hoping for a lot from these games but I'm trying to keep my expectations realistic. Very hopeful that Battlefront is not ruined by having the great stuff in Battlefront II removed.

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member
eternity-logo.png

Pillars of Eternity, easily.
Reasons? It's a game in my very favourite genre being made by the best team in the industry, unshackled from publisher demands.

This. Also, don't forget Torment: Tides of Numenara.

Baldur's Gate II => Pillars of Eternity
Planescape Torment => Torment: Tides of Numenara

Rise of the Infinity Engine cRPGs has begun.

sublimit

Banned
The Last Guardian
Do i need to explain why?Team Ico were always my favourite developers and this game has become like a myth.

X
Xenoblade was one of my favourite games last gen and it was incredible what Monolith achieved with Wii's weak hardware.Now that they have a much more powerful hardware to work on the possibilities seem endless for X.And i loved everything they have showed so far.

Final Fantasy XV
It's been a long time since i played a good FF (FFXII) and Versus/XV has always been very intriguing from the first moment SE showed it all these years ago.

and Hidetaka Miyazaki's new game.
He and his team must have been working on something for a long while now and i'm very curious to know what it is.Demon's Souls 2 or not Miyazaki's team are From Soft's best and i really can't wait to see what they can do for the new consoles.

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member
No, that's bioware.

A lot of the people who worked on Baldur's Gate and/or the Infinity Engine games are working on Pillars of Eternity and Torment. Ex-Bioware employees that now work for Obsidian and inXile.

Whatever Bioware Edmonton has the hopper after DA: Inquisition. I could be wrong, but I assume Bioware's B-team works on Dragon Age, and now "Bioware Montreal" is doing Mass Effect 4, which means Bioware's real lead team is working on a new IP, and based on how I felt about Mass Effect this gen, whatever this new IP is, is likely to be my favorite franchise of this generation.

Again, this post is brought to you by the letter S, for speculation.

Elite: Dangerous - basically a dream come true, never thought I'd see the day. Elite's a love of mine since early childhood.
Space Citizen - same as Elite, the renaissance of space sims. Can't wait to get bored of space.
No Man's Sky - same as the above, but the concept promises even more, even if in a somewhat less complex package.
...and pretty much all upcoming space sim games.
Quantum Break - love everything that Remedy's done so far and I'm sure it's gonna be an interesting game, to say the least.
MGSV - just finding out if Quiet=Chico is enough of a sell for me. :D
Hotline Miami 2 - the first game set me in an obsessive, hypnotized state for a few days, the most addictive and mind altering game I've played recently.
The Witness - played quite a few first person puzzle/exploration games recently (NaissanceE, FRACT OSC) so I feel like this sub-genre has completely grown on me, can't wait for more stuff like this.
Rime - don't really know much about it but the gorgeous visuals and Ico-like feels make me really curious about this.
Below - pretty much like Rime, visually appealing and sounds like it could be an addictive game.
Routine - cyber horror on a space station, System Shock 2 vibes all over.

I mean, there's more stuff like Alien: Isolation, Quadrilateral Cowboy, Civilization: Beyond Earth, Armikrog, The Order 1886 etc. but I'm more curious about some of them or still know too little to make a judgement.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Zelda U, just like the OP. I want the next Zelda to be a huge game with a varied and beautiful overworld, and I am incredibly excited to see how Aonuma is going to "rethink the conventions of Zelda".

Freeman

Banned
HL3.

I also am very curious to what SSM will do if it isn't another God of War.

Off those already announced, MGS:V, The Order 1886(mostly from a technical perspective since we have barely seen any gameplay), The Witness, H1Z1, Uncharted, Cyberpunk 2077.

X, Mario Kart 8 (it ain't out just yet), SSB (Wii U), Shovel Knight (Wii U), Pier Solar HD (Wii U), Bayonetta 2, Fatal Frame V, Mighty No. 9 (Wii U), SMT x Fire Emblem

LOL, all Wii U titles. Guess my bias is showing.

Kingdom Under Fire II (Blueside - PC/Playstation 4)
My avatar is a dead giveaway, I'm" a huge fan of the KUF franchise and have been waiting on this game since the day it was announced and my hype hasn't faltered one bit especially after playing the Beta recently.

Black Desert Online (Pearl Abyss - PC)
Love my Korean Action MMOs and this game looks to be great from what I've played of it; had a lot of fun with it and as much as my best bud is looking forward to it I know he's going to make me play with him.

Samurai Warriors 4 (Tecmo Koei - Playstation 3/Playstation Vita)
Same story as always, Omega Force produced Musou out of the Dynasty/Samurai/Orochi trifecta it's getting copped no questions.

Some others would include Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number, Transistor, Bayonetta 2 and Ninja Gaiden 4.

Parablank

Team Fortress 3

I wonder if they've even considered it, with the way TF2 is performing with their f2p model

Oh yeah, and 3rd game in Zero Escape ;-;

Akiller

Besides tha already mentioned Bayo2,MGSV,X,Fallout4 etc...

I say (the assumed to be announced)Metal Gear Rising 2, if they manange to fix the problems of MGR1 then we'll have a fucking masterpiece.

I guess Zelda wii u but my most anticipated is an announcement of the last installment of 999/VLR. Persona 5 was also a big anticipated announcement but outside of that nothing really. hmmm I used to be more excited about Final fantasy metal gear etc but i guess thats changed. oh Duh announced games. Smash wii u and MK8 hands down.

Pillars of Eternity is definitely at the front of my mind. The Order: 1886 also looks interesting but there's too little information about it for me to be really excited for now.

Wonko_C

After the new Mirror's Edge teaser I felt like this:
tacfSd7.jpg

I was literally squealing like a high school girl (as much as a grown-ass 34 year old man can, anyways) doing running laps around my room. Dead. Fucking. Serious. For the first time in years I felt like a kid again. The zooming out that showed Faith and the city skyscrappers, combined with the new main theme (I want the full version so bad) gave me goosebumps. And this was in the same year a new Killer Instinct was announced, which was a close second. I can't remember any other game that got me that hyped in the last 5 years.

tacfSd7.jpg

I was literally squealing like a high school girl (as much as a grown-ass 34 year old man can, anyways) doing running laps around my room. Dead. Fucking. Serious. For the first time in years I felt like a kid again. The zooming out that showed Faith and the city skyscrappers, combined with the new main theme (I want the full version so bad) gave me goosebumps. And this was in the same year a new Killer Instinct was announced, which was a close second. I can't remember any other game that got me that hyped in the last 5 years.

Was right there with you. Besides Zelda a new Mirror's Edge has been my dream since the first one arrived in 2008.

Last Guardian
Homeworld 3, or 1-2 HD remake

Demons Souls 2
Uncharted 4
The Order
Project Pheonix
The Witness
Planetside 2 - PS4
Final Fantasy XV

Everquest NEXT

JC Lately

X (The monolith soft game)
KH3
Samsh Bros 4 Wii U
SMT X Fire Emblem
Fallout 4
Cosmic Star Heroine.

tacfSd7.jpg

Would it be a dick move to remind people that image was from the PA strip that celebrated the announcement of Metroid Other M?

Smash Bros U because it'll be my go to multiplayer game for the next 6 years or so.

X because Xenoblade was in-fucking-credible.

Zelda U because Zelda.

Kingdom Hearts III because I grew up with the PS2 games and want to see it through (and yes I've played the handheld titles).

Top Bottom