• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us new DLC livestream (PS3/PS4)

G like Gavin in gif is the correct way. Who pronounces it jiff?

How do you all pronounce gibs?

The guy who invented the gif came out and said it's pronounced "Jiff". Yeah sorry bro, you can't claim that people are pronouncing something incorrectly years after the fact. It's called a cultural lexicon, look it up.

Crazy people have since jumped on that bandwagon and now claim its the correct way to pronounce it.

theWB27

I dig the hell out of this methodical MP. Hoping that's more like The Division will be. This is easily the most I've seen of this game even since the PS3 version released. All foreign.

GavinUK86

Appeal to authority. Any language is dictated by the users, and most users use the now-proper way of hard g. It's graphics interchange format, not jraphics interchange format.

I agree.

Hmm. I pronounce gif with the g like Gavin but gibs with a J. Like chicken giblets.

Dragon

Banned
Funny. I'd argue that the one being obtuse is the one that's demanding perfect 1080 HD quality at 60fps from a Twitch stream. A PS4 stream, at that.

It's not really funny and your entire post is a strawman. I never said anything about demanding it from a PS4 stream. I said showing off a game which has largely been talked about in terms of its framerate and resolution increase at 720p/30fps is illogical. Perhaps you should actually read the thread of posts before commenting on it if you want to not look like a fool.

Appeal to authority. Any language is dictated by the users, and most users use the now-proper way of hard g. It's graphics interchange format, not jraphics interchange format.

When did I say you had to do anything? I was adding to the information because the user asked. It was a perfectly logical response.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
It's short for "giblets," so soft G. But don't do this. There's no empirically right way to pronounce gif and people take it weirdly personally.
It's so odd. I think both are acceptable and it's probably a regional thing. I never heard anyone say it with a hard G until I went to college.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

I wasn't aware you had the pronounce an acronym the same as the full name. /s

Gaz_RB

So wait this DLC is sold separately from the actual Remastered game? I thought it was complete. That's silly.

Was there a survey?

Watching this makes me so excited to dive back into the multiplayer. Gotta dust off the cobwebs.

Also, get ready GAF; he claims he is going to taunt "right away."

Does it cost more than unscoped? Keep in mind they also added the booster for reduced sway.

Is the ADS (aiming) slower? It should be for scoped...

Definitely seems easy to use

It cost the same.
No, reduced sway is only when getting hit ;)

OMFG they just said that scoped weapons are more accurate and with less recoil !

WTF ND ._.

Chat mod "NaughtyDog" said "This is a debug unit".

So I'm guessing the maps are free (as they should be). but they way they avoided the issue in the stream was very awkward, so they should really make things clear.

I don't really see the big deal, aside from the fact that dividing the userbase does kind of suck. But as for the DLC itself - the season pass always just stated 2 MP and 1 SP dlc packs, all of which were delivered on and included in the remaster. This extra DLC was not known about and is just extra....no one has to buy it and it was never announced or promised as being part of the remaster.

I bought the season pass and am picking up the PS4 edition, I don't feel irked. Curious what people's issue is with it.

Wait, I thought the Remastered had all the maps included?!

All previously existing maps. These ones are newly announced.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
upuejm.gif

Top Bottom