• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us new DLC livestream (PS3/PS4)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I mean look at this. Are they trolling us or something? they can't be serious with that quality, can they?

2014-07-2420_59_30-nanej59.png

and why would they do that? the biggest new feature for the remaster is 60fps. So you are the developer you should show the game how it's supposed to be.

First, get a capture card so you can stream in 60fps.
Second, ask twitch to get partnered so people can watch your stream in a better quality.

You are the developer of the game ffs, show the game in it's full glory.

Not like this.

Game is a remaster of a game that came out last year. It's releasing in 5 days. This is to show off new DLC. If they were going to give us footage to show of smooth 60fps gameplay I highly double a live stream with compression is the way to do it.

Sn4ke_911

VashTS

Can we stop complaining about this? We're not here to see graphics...

Why undermine the main selling point to your re-released HD version of a game? It's a terrible decision on their part and they should have at least put in a little effort considering barely anyone has even seen the new version.

I'm sure casual consumers are excited to see the difference and numbers don't mean anything to them.

Sn4ke_911

ND isn't involved with development of PS4 twitch streaming.

Are you serious? i said multiple times they should have streamed from a CAPTURE CARD. I freakin know the PS4 streaming is like that.

jediyoshi

Screen%20Shot%202014-07-24%20at%203.06.27%20PM.png

Don't be disingenuous.

Okay, so don't be disingenuous. You know they're streaming through the PS4 so you know what to expect now. You know through the stream is already running better than the PS3 version regardless. Are you just not familiar with the original performance to see the difference?

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Common guys, twitch always have streams that vary between awful and good. On the same stream the quality is like this for me:

7vvqHTb

Not mindblowing, but definetly better....

Dragon

Banned
Okay, so don't be disingenuous. You know they're streaming through the PS4 so you know what to expect now. You know through the stream is already running better than the PS3 version regardless. Are you just not familiar with the original performance to see the difference?

Yeah you're on ignore.

shwimpy

MP looks fantastic. Never played it before on PS3 but will certainly give a whirl now that my friends are getting the game this time around.

Question: There's listening mode in MP? Isn't that kinda cheap? Please tell me it's limited.

Yeah it is. It's 3:05 PM EDT on a work day in the United States.
So let me get this straight:
They should have captured from a capture card on PC to show at 60fps, thus preventing their actual audience from watching (PS4 owners)
They should have sent out a memo to those working today to be home at this time

Screen%20Shot%202014-07-24%20at%203.06.27%20PM.png

Don't be disingenuous.
Okay, this I can understand. But obviously, she was misinformed about the PS4's streaming framerate.

Business

Disregarding the stream quality, why are they not showing the new map/s?

MP looks fantastic. Never played it before on PS3 but will certainly give a whirl now that my friends are getting the game this time around.

Question: There's listening mode in MP? Isn't that kinda cheap? Please tell me it's limited.

Yes listen mode is limited to a few seconds, then you can't use it for a few more seconds. You can increase the lenght with some of the perks irrc but not by much. Still, you won't 'see' enemies standing still or even moving while crouching if they have the right perk. Overall it works well don't worry.

Dragon

Banned
They said at the start they had planned to but it didn't pan out. If they wanted to be disingenuous they wouldn't be showing the game period.

Did you read the responses between me and that poster? I was accusing the poster of being disingenuous not ND. Obviously it's a matter of miscommunication and incompetence that has continued to be a theme of the PR of this release.

Obviously Corrine didn't realize PS4 can't stream 60fps. There was no malicious intent.

Who is attributing malicious intent? Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

iNvid02

didnt realize PS4 streaming was this bad, and i agree with snake this is the first time they're showing off some gameplay - get a capture card and show 60fps

Top Bottom