• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mirror's Edge to be PS3 timed exclusive according to David Reeves, need Deutsch GAF

I think Sony just has a marketing exclusive on the game. Expect to see lots of ME commercials with only the PlayStation logo at the end etc.

Blablurn

jorma said:
Not quite. We still need to find out if Reeves are on teh drugs, or if heise.de was lying...

or both

a couple of weeks ago heise said HOME will be delayed till 2009. Only the US version will ship this year. heise has a huge credibility in germany. but not in terms of video games.

lupinko

Brianemone said:
Ummmm I am pretty sure that italics are only allowed to be used if it is true.

But yeah, companies don't usually issue press releases when someone form another company says something stupid/wrong. They do however reply to emails from media, even if it is just "some blog"

I just wanted more proof, you can't believe everything on the internet you know. :lol

SolidSnakex said:
Time trials isn't multiplayer though. Most are speculating that they'll allow you to race against other people to a certain point. Or possibly have a tag mode in it. ME is EGM's October cover story so maybe they'll finally get DICE to talk about it.
Yeah but they didn't say it would have multiplayer, they said they would have "other modes". I really don't believe you'll be able to see someone else on screen. It would mean twice as much work on the animation department.

Metalmurphy said:
Yeah but they didn't say it would have multiplayer, they said they would have "other modes". I really don't believe you'll be able to see someone else on screen. It would mean twice as much work on the animation department.

They always dodge the question in some way. If it wasn't going to have a multiplayer mode then it's something you just say "No" to. It's not one of those questions that you dodge around whenever you're asked about it in an interview.

BeeDog

Metalmurphy said:

AFAIK even Gordon Freeman wasn't fully modelled in HL2, so I reeeeaaaaaally doubt you'll see another fully animated character in this game, just like you said. If anything, it will be time trials or something.

lupinko said:
I just wanted more proof, you can't believe everything on the internet you know. :lol

I understand. But on my site I don't put stuff up unless it's from an official source or someone I really trust, in this case the reply came from EA PR in the states, I assume he has a blackberry.

Metalmurphy said:

If this game plays as good as it looks, and there's a Cops and Runners multiplayer mode, well, we're not going to say it'd be the best thing ever. But it'd be very, very close.

Source

SolidSnakex said:
They're just saying that'd be a cool multiplayer mode.

It seems quite a definitive statement but then the bit immediately confuses me :/ Ah well, I won't have XBL internet access when the game comes out anyway.

First Fallout 3, now Mirror's Edge. Is this the year for third-party exclusive cockteases?

Provided it turns out to not be exclusive, if any PS3 owner is less excited, they suck.

mintylurb

Visualante said:
You know it's easy to just bash Reeves over this but let's look at his quote. This was David's quote. “We are continuously, month after month publish new titles that bring something unique and different target groups. In a month, it is Gran Turismo, in the next SingStar, as well as Third-Party Title as mirrors Edge by Electronic Arts are part of this strategy. “ I don't see anywhere in that sentence where Reeves says mirror's edge will be PS3 timed exclusive.

mintylurb said:
You know it's easy to just bash Reeves over this but let's look at his quote. This was David's quote. “We are continuously, month after month publish new titles that bring something unique and different target groups. In a month, it is Gran Turismo, in the next SingStar, as well as Third-Party Title as mirrors Edge by Electronic Arts are part of this strategy. “ I don't see anywhere in that sentence where Reeves says mirror's edge will be PS3 timed exclusive.

Yeah not I'm seeing this "PS3 timed exclusive" stuff either.

So wait websites actually reported this mistake and we had this abortion of a thread over it?

Dizzan

MINI Member
Exactly. His quote was taken WAY out of context.

A lot of gaming "journo's" take shit and skew it for their own enjoyment/hits on their site.

It doesn't help that some gaffers have piss poor reading comprehension skills. They just read the thread title and think it's gospel.

So sad.

mintylurb

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Yeah not I'm seeing this "PS3 timed exclusive" stuff either.

So wait websites actually reported this mistake and we had this abortion of a thread over it?
Yeah.. Oh, I edited my post because "The PS3 will be continuously supplied with exclusive games:" isn't part of Reeve's statement.

Xater, a German poster on the second page said the original article on Heise.de was correct. If this was wrong I'll retract my statement. I'm just going on what they said.

Paracelsus

Rather than listen to EA and DICE, it would be lots of fun to actually spot Reeves down and listen what more he has to say about this bullshit.

I mean, this is lying, not spouting nonsense.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
ahh shit, I am stupid. Earlier i said it was ubisoft but I am clearly under the spell of watching Dexter right now that I am not thinking straight.

Still, wasn't impressed with Mirror's Edge at E3.

Lain

Exclusive marketing agreement and exclusive dlc? Sounds sorta lame.
Well, dlc can be cool, but it all seems... lame to me.

szaromir said:
I am interested to see how Sony fans react to this.

Fans or fanboys? Because there's quite a difference between the two imo XD

Kingsgoon

Exclusive dlc is garbage, especially when you won't find out what the dlc is until several months after the release of the game.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Sounds like the exclusive marketing and DLC situation with GTA4 and 360.
All the TV ads for GTA4 in UK anyway were for 360 version, no mention of PS3 version.
I expect something similar for Mirror's Edge TV ads with PS3 featured exclusively.

Top Bottom