• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mirror's Edge to be PS3 timed exclusive according to David Reeves, need Deutsch GAF

Clinton514

NameIess said:
If this title is a timed exclusive for the PS3 they just put more scrutiny on their game...
Everyone knows a PS3 release is put under the microscope and nitpicked to death.
I already started to see different impressions of the title stating it does not look as impressive. :lol:
That may very well be the case. It's already a laugh to see all of these "Why would they do that" and "Now I don't want it" type of bitchy comments. :lol

Haunted

Visualante said:
2u6imvs.png
:eek:

Quazar said:
This years Assassins Creed?
I certainly hope so. I liked Assassin's Creed.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Haunted said:
So, has this been confirmed or not? Blim says yes, dice says no. There's no additional source other than the initial interview, what's going on?

I just want to know whether I can cross this from my fall shopping list or not.
I only said that a lot of people were talking about this as if it was a done deal in the press room. Personally no one "officially in the known" told me anything one way or another.
It makes some sense though, so I consider it more than likely. Whatever happens I'll get this game on day one anyway so... :)

Haunted

Blimblim said:
I only said that a lot of people were talking about this as if it was a done deal in the press room. Personally no one "officially in the known" told me anything one way or another.
It makes some sense though, so I consider it more than likely.
Thanks. If that's not unofficial confirmation, I don't know what is.

Of course, not the final word etc. etc., but.. *crosses it off the fall shopping list*

McBacon said:
Why does it matter where your friends are.

And I know you have some smartass answer. But I wanna hear it.

Well, it's nice to compare achievements and discuss the game while playing. I especially like to spend time chatting with my brother while playing the same game. It probably would have been the other way around if the PS3 was my first console of choice.

Confidence Man said:
What the hell are people so excited about this game for? I predict the hype will run out when people realize they just burned $60 on a six hour long obstacle course.

If you want to give simplistic definitions of games, couldn't you describe any platform game like that?

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Confidence Man said:
What the hell are people so excited about this game for? I predict the hype will run out when people realize they just burned $60 on a six hour long obstacle course.

Thankfully for the rest of us who want to play this game, DICE has never made a bad first person game.

PjotrStroganov said:
Well, it's nice to compare achievements and discuss the game while playing. I especially like to spend time chatting with my brother while playing the same game. It probably would have been the other way around if the PS3 was my first console of choice.

My friend and I will go into a private chat as well while we are playing different games or the same single player game. It's funny though when he just starts randomly cursing though.

Iksenpets

Banned
Blimblim said:
It makes some sense though, so I consider it more than likely. Whatever happens I'll get this game on day one anyway so... :)

Any specific reason you think it makes some sense?

Haunted said:
So, has this been confirmed or not? Blim says yes, dice says no. There's no additional source other than the initial interview, what's going on?

I just want to know whether I can cross this from my fall shopping list or not.

DICE didn't say no. There won't be any "official" confirmation until Monday at the earliest.

Metalmurphy said:
Probably just time trials with leader boards. I doubt there's actually any real MP.

Time trials isn't multiplayer though. Most are speculating that they'll allow you to race against other people to a certain point. Or possibly have a tag mode in it. ME is EGM's October cover story so maybe they'll finally get DICE to talk about it.

These types of threads make me laugh. What, because a game is not coming out FIRST on your console of choice, it's no longer a buy? Hell, a year later I am looking forward to Bioshock on the PS3 and will enjoy it every bit as much as if I had played it last year on the 360.

Once you get over the "I must have it first and have it NOW!" mentality, gaming is much more enjoyable - you play the same games, only for a less expensive price by waiting a couple months. It's like a good book - is something like Lord of the Rings any less enjoyed by those reading it for the first time in 2008 than it was for those reading it in the 50's when it was first published? True, you can't wait THAT long to enjoy a game, but running a few months behind the launch window for games is where it's at, IMO (unless you are hardcore online).

Draft

Visualante said:
It has multiplayer, we haven't heard about it yet.

We don't know. Assuming this is all true, I'd ballpark it around the end of Q1 2009 so it makes the fiscal year or gets EA off to a good start.
2u6imvs.png
Ho ho ho, most people looking forward to Mirrors Edge owned.

FabCam

King_Slender said:
These types of threads make me laugh. What, because a game is not coming out FIRST on your console of choice, it's no longer a buy? Hell, a year later I am looking forward to Bioshock on the PS3 and will enjoy it every bit as much as if I had played it last year on the 360.

Once you get over the "I must have it first and have it NOW!" mentality, gaming is much more enjoyable - you play the same games, only for a less expensive price by waiting a couple months. It's like a good book - is something like Lord of the Rings any less enjoyed by those reading it for the first time in 2008 than it was for those reading it in the 50's when it was first published? True, you can't wait THAT long to enjoy a game, but running a few months behind the launch window for games is where it's at, IMO (unless you are hardcore online).

Good post. Just because a game doesn't come out at the same time as other versions doesn't make it any less good.

jaypah

i looked for all of these meltdowns and all i saw was one.....that's it?! the way some people were talking a few pages back i thought that xbots were commiting suicide. all i see is a few people questioning the 'officialness' of the news and a few other people happy that it's only coming to PS3 for a while (though i don't understand why if you'd still get to play it day one).

really GAF? you can do better than this. i thought it was going to be some FFXIII type shit going on in here. oh well, it's still early.

*edit* and i guess it never will. damn. well......i guess that's that.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
THANK YOU GOD!!!

David Reeves can go back to the trash heap, Free RockBand 2!!!

edit: stop whining about page counts, babyz. up your ppp like real men.

Threi

notag
Y2Kev said:
THANK YOU GOD!!!

David Reeves can go back to the trash heap, Free RockBand 2!!!

edit: stop whining about page counts, babyz. up your ppp like real men.
NSF56K threads say NO

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Karma said:
Too fucking funny. I think it will die in November on the 360. Too many games coming out. They should wait till December.

Based on previous history and not seeing anything with superstar written over it like Assassin's Creed, with the exception of Fallout 3. Gears 2, Fallout 3 and and Animal Crossing are the only locks for tremendous sales this year, here in the United States at least. I think that this is the case for games coming out in that timeframe.

lupinko said:
Can we see the press release instead of some blog stating EA said something, putting text in italics doesn't make it official.

Ummmm I am pretty sure that italics are only allowed to be used if it is true.

But yeah, companies don't usually issue press releases when someone form another company says something stupid/wrong. They do however reply to emails from media, even if it is just "some blog"

Top Bottom