• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Musou 2 announced! (for North America too)

shuri

Banned
What I want from GM2!

+ insane amount of ennemies on screen
+ other type of ennemies! Not juste giant robots and occasional super spaceships! I want moving fortresses, giant tanks, and so on
+ vehicules you can use?
+ artillery being used against you!
+ being able to REALLY change your weapons. Buy new guns, new swords, and you can see the change on screen
+create your own gundam mode!! Start from a frame and go crazy from there.
+more aggressive ennemies! I want them to beat me up, not wait for me to slice them up
+online coop!
+Less grind por favor!

Camwi

I definitely care. I'm glad they decided to make a sequel. I'm currently playing through original mode for all of the characters on the first game.

Well its a must buy because it seems to be adapting the Char's Countterattack storyline.

How about adding some F91 action guys!

What I would like to know:

What changes or improvements to the gameplay are there?
How do combos work?
Are they keeping the zones system?
How does character building work - do you still have to level characters and suits separately?
How will the story branches work - will there still be official and original modes - which characters get official modes and will they be more fleshed out this time?

Is any of this answered in the article?

MoxManiac

Rummy Bunnz said:
Have there been any Japan-only Musou games in recent years?

Gundam Musou special for PS2 stayed in Japan.

However, Dynasty Warriors 6 Special for PS2 (basically the same thing as Gundam Musou Special, a PS2 port with additional content) is already slated to release in NA and Europe.

if it has gundam X stuff, more g gundam, and at least exia from 00 , i'll get it.

strike noir would be nice since it looks like they are including seed stuff

The Take Out Bandit said:
MAXTER!
MAXTER!
MAXTER!
MAXTER!
MAXTER!
230px-Chibodee.JPG

I am very happy about. I can only hope that there is 00 included, but CCA stuff makes me happy enough. SAZABI!!!!

Andrex said:

And the fuck? PS2 version and 360 versions, but no Wii?

Is this surprising? it was the same with the first game.

Andrex said:
And the fuck? PS2 version and 360 versions, but no Wii?

You seriously don't expect honest developers to bother with the novelty console, do you? :\

NEEDS MOAR MAXTER BITCHES!!!

Seriously, no Maxter is why I did not purchase DWG1.

rssbk5.jpg

MAXTER OR NO SALE!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Linkzg said:
Is this surprising? it was the same with the first game.

Didn't follow the first game, but really. They go through the trouble of porting it to the 360, but don't bother with easy money on a Wiimake of the PS2 version? Kind of a low blow, and yes it is surprising considering the Wii's install base now compared to when the first came out.

You seriously don't expect honest developers to bother with the novelty console, do you? :\

The hell does that mean?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
That means that if you want games that aren't Wii* or Nintendo franchises, then you don't buy a Wii.

Bullshit. Pure, rich creamy bullshit.

One year in and people are still baffled by this? :lol

Almost two years in and shit like this still doesn't get people banned?

Andrex said:

You set yourself up for it too easily

Wii Friend Code:
1884 4898 2848 6898

Interests:
Programming and Nintendo

Seriously though, Koei has shown the Wii no love. Has made no move to show the Wii love.

This is as pointless as me going into a Gears of War 2 thread and crying about it not being on the PS3.

Get over it.

Enjoy the games you have.

If there's something else you want, well go buy the damn system it's on. No use crying about it.

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
....what the hell is with the plastic toy look the models have? It looks like crap. :(

And I wish they would at least release the PS2 versions stateside. :(

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Seriously though, Koei has shown the Wii no love. Has made no move to show the Wii love.

They did that Samurai Warriors Katana thing for the Wii. Granted, that would be more in the "hate" column...

Farnack

Banned
I'll be smarter this time since I know they are going to have dual audio. -_-;;

Bought the Japanese Gundam Musou since I thought America was getting English crap.

Andrex said:

Elebits wasn't a good seller.
No More Heroes wasn't a big hit.
Okami Wii was a total disgrace.
And when Mad World goes under, maybe you'll finally open your eyes.

Shadow780

Farnack said:

Bought the Japanese Gundam Musou since I thought America was getting English crap.

Well, they might get retarded again and decided to remove Japanese voice like SW2....:lol

batbeg

Farnack said:

Elebits wasn't a good seller.
No More Heroes wasn't a big hit.
Okami Wii was a total disgrace.

And when Mad World goes under, maybe you'll finally open your eyes.

So you don't know what you're talking about, but that's okay because you apparently have some magical insight into the world of the publishers minds.

mintylurb

shuri said:
HOLY SHIT AT THE PICS WITH THE GIANT GUNDAM

:OOOOOO

PREORDER NOWwww
/me slaps shuri around a bit with a large trout.

Anyway, those screen shots look not too bad. Nu gundam and Sazabi=instabuy

Bebpo

Banned
I'm not really that interested in the old units unless they have a TON more moves. I spent enough hours with them in the original that I'm over them.

So I hope there are lots and lots of new playable units.

Also the re-use of stages (snow stage with Pyscho) is :\
Also using SEED-D instead of SEED is :\ (Freedom >>>>>>>>> Strike Freedom + this means we'll have shitty Shinn).

Farnack

Banned
batbeg said:
So you don't know what you're talking about, but that's okay because you apparently have some magical insight into the world of the publishers minds.
No More Heroes sales have tapered off to 350k, and Okami won't even get past 200k.

Read the NPD even though neither games even charted top ten.

Crap, I'd pyshced myself up for Samurai Warriors 3. I only tried the demo for the first Gundam Musou but it didn't really click with me. At least being Koei, the next game shouldn't be too long afterwards.

Farnack

Banned
SpeedySwaf said:
...350K isn't a big hit?

<200K is a disgrace?
When you have things like WiiFit and Carnival Games in the millions, it's quite shameful.

Nintendo boasting the highest userbase, but that userbase won't buy these kinds of third party games that don't brand Nintendo on them. That's why the argument of not having a Wii version for Gundam Musou 2 fits perfectly well.

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
Farnack said:
When you have things like WiiFit and Carnival Games in the millions, it's quite shameful.

Nintendo boasting the highest userbase, but that userbase won't buy these kinds of third party games that don't brand Nintendo on them. That's why the argument of not having a Wii version for Gundam Musou 2 fits perfectly well.

I would be suprised if some of my favorite games over the last few years even hit 350k worldwide. Being a niche gamer essentially means being ignored. :(

Top Bottom