• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Musou 2 announced! (for North America too)

sega4ever

not worth buying if they remove all the music from the different gundam series like the U.S. release and replace it with generic music

vertopci

I played the demo of the first one, and thought it was crap. Was the demo just shitty or would I not like this game? I loved Dynasty Warriors 6 and Warriors Orochi though.

Farnack

Banned
sega4ever said:
not worth buying if they remove all the music from the different gundam series like the U.S. release and replace it with generic music
Wat? This happened?

I have the Japanese version.

Rolf NB

vertopci said:
I played the demo of the first one, and thought it was crap. Was the demo just shitty or would I not like this game? I loved Dynasty Warriors 6 though.
I thought the demo gave a good representation of the full game, minus the leveling and parts collection aspects. They don't drastically change the game though. If you really couldn't stand the demo, you won't like the full game either.

vertopci

bcn-ron said:
I thought the demo gave a good representation of the full game, minus the leveling and parts collection aspects. They don't drastically change the game though. If you really couldn't stand the demo, you won't like the full game either.

Ah okay. I just find it weird that I liked DW6 and WO but not this. :lol

Maybe I'll give the demo another shot.

Kai Ozu

2hq4j6q.jpg

I hope at least one of them makes it in.

MoxManiac

vertopci said:
Ah okay. I just find it weird that I liked DW6 and WO but not this. :lol

Maybe I'll give the demo another shot.

DW6 and WO are much, much better games then Gundam Musou 1. At least in my opinion.

I liked GM1 (or DW:G if you perfer), but it's probably one of my least favorite of the overall franchise. Then again I'm not a gundam fan nor do I knew anything about it prior to the game.

Bebpo said:
Also using SEED-D instead of SEED is :\ (Freedom >>>>>>>>> Strike Freedom + this means we'll have shitty Shinn).

You gotta look at the positives. Even if Shinn's in the game, that means that he can also be plastered repeatedly in the game. You can destroy him, watch him retreat while making a retarded quip like "retreat is a part of strategy" and then get ready to do it all over again.

After those screens, I am totally hyped for this game. Here's hoping Koei sends it out to NA in a timely manner.

Probably too... uh, new?

Anyway, due to my tendency to only focus on colour scheme, I still have trouble telling a lot of the Gundams apart. At least Destiny's got those sweet phoenix/butterfly wings deal.

S. L.

sega4ever said:
wow, didn't know that. makes me happy i have the jpn version.

I'll be preordering the PS3 version just as soon as NCSX put it's up on their site.

So I think it's safe to assume that official mode will continue to be Universal Centrury-based, while AU units like the Strike Freedom will show up in original mode.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
So much wasted potential. They need to scrap the old musou engine and write a new one tailor made for massive Gundam encounters. I enjoyed the first one but I'm already tired of the formula. Musou games in general need a "next-gen" revolution in game-play.

Shadow780

I watched the vGundam live stage demo played by Tōru Furuya himself, sweet as he voice over his own role.

I noticed that there are two types of musou attacks now? vGundam has Fin Funnel and Bazooka volley.

Kittonwy

Banned
Shaheed79 said:
So much wasted potential. They need to scrap the old musou engine and write a new one tailor made for massive Gundam encounters. I enjoyed the first one but I'm already tired of the formula. Musou games in general need a "next-gen" revolution in game-play.

They should at least make it look good, update the musou engine so it looks somewhat next-gen.

Kittonwy said:
They should at least make it look good, update the musou engine so it looks somewhat next-gen.

DW6 would have looked decent (note: decent, not great or spectacular) if they could have optimised the pop-in/framerate.

Vorador

Banned
Kittonwy said:

It's Koei. They take the motto "recycle everything you can" to the extreme.

KTallguy

Banned
I dunno, I think this looks decent.

Hell, if you could play this online with a few friends it could be really fucking sweet.

IF only there were fat lewts.

1stStrike

Banned
I'll be happy when the PS2 becomes a non-factor and developers no longer need to cater to it..maybe we'll get more games that actually look like "next gen" (or at this point, current gen) games.

I put a lot of hours into the first one, but if the 2nd one is just a rehash with a couple big bosses then I might pass. Also, at least give americans some gundam music this time instead of the generic crap we got in the last one.

Farnack said:
When you have things like WiiFit and Carnival Games in the millions, it's quite shameful.

Nintendo boasting the highest userbase, but that userbase won't buy these kinds of third party games that don't brand Nintendo on them. That's why the argument of not having a Wii version for Gundam Musou 2 fits perfectly well.
Even if the Wii version were to sell awfully relative to userbase, it's hard to take a sales-based argument seriously for a Japan-aimed game when it's worth the trouble to release it on X360.

Jim

Announced for North America:

NAMCO BANDAI GAMES AND KOEI AGAIN JOIN FORCES TO DELIVER AN EPIC DYNASTY WARRIORS®: GUNDAM®2

DYNASTY WARRIORS: GUNDAM 2 to Deliver More Massive Mobile Suits, Melee Combat Mayhem and Online Versus Play

SANTA CLARA, Calif., (September 2, 2008) - NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. and KOEI Corporation announced today a co-publishing agreement that will bring DYNASTY WARRIORS®: GUNDAM®2 to North America in 2009 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system.

“DYNASTY WARRIORS: GUNDAM was a sure-fire hit for the PLAYSTATION 3 system and we are ecstatic to continue our relationship with KOEI on this amazing franchise,” said Todd Thorson, director of marketing and public relations at NAMCO BANDAI Games America. “DYNASTY WARRIORS: GUNDAM 2 promises to deliver an outstanding sequel with even larger Mobile Suits, more epic battles and compelling storyline.”

“Last year NAMCO BANDAI Games and KOEI combined forces to create DYNASTY WARRIORS: GUNDAM. The result became one of the fastest-selling PLAYSTATION 3 system games in Japan, and to date the game has sold over 800,000 units across multiple platforms worldwide,” said Amos Ip, Senior Vice President for KOEI Corporation. “Our companies have come together once again, and we are excited about reuniting two very powerful cultural icons for another monumental gaming experience.”

In the future, rebel space colonies launch a brutal war of independence with a series of coordinated orbital strikes against Earth. The chaotic assault signals the dawn of a new age of combat and the ultimate instrument of warfare is born, the Mobile Suit.

DYNASTY WARRIORS: GUNDAM 2 combines the devastating power of the Mobile Suit, the rich legacy of the GUNDAM universe and the furious Tactical Action game play of the DYNASTY WARRIORS series. The game will thrust players into incredible battles against legions of enemy Mobile Suits on distant planetary surfaces and in the far reaches of outer space. For the first time, DYNASTY WARRIORS: GUNDAM 2 will let players engage in melee battles against colossal enemies such as the Psycho Gundam. The massive Psycho Gundam can quickly reconfigure their bodies into titanic mobile fortresses which can move with remarkable speed. However, highly-trained pilots can utilize their own Mobile Suit’s speed, agility, and of course firepower to defeat these deadly juggernauts.

DYNASTY WARRIORS: GUNDAM 2 will also include new stories featuring mecha from the latest Gundam anime, plus mecha from Char’s Counter Attack and more. With mecha parts collected throughout the course of the game, players will be able to adapt a Mobile Suit which can be piloted into combat.

Developed by KOEI’s award-winning Omega Force team, DYNASTY WARRIORS: GUNDAM 2 will also include online versus play. For more information please visit www.namcobandaigames.com or

Do I import the Japanese PS3 version and play over Christmas vacation or do I wait until some nebulous 2009 date for the North American version?

Import get!

kazuo

Mr. Durden said:
Are you guys serious?

VERSUS IS AWESOME :D

yeah, but some of us have friends, and we want to play online with them.

Lack of online co-op in the first one was the only thing that kept my friend and I from buying that fucking game.

The second one better have co-op, I really hope they just neglected to mention it...

kazuo said:

Lack of online co-op in the first one was the only thing that kept my friend and I from buying that fucking game.

The second one better have co-op, I really hope they just neglected to mention it...
Gaffers have friends??

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
Is the Ps2 version coming over here too?
no HD console here

And I doubt Gundam 00 units will be in any mass-gundam games until the 2nd season airs and finishes the show, it's just common business practice.

kazuo said:

Yeah...

Anyway. Most games these days come with co-op, so it's a nice change. And my friends will never ever buy a Gundam game like this one. So I'd prefer versus

Hero

Why would they put 00 in GM2 when they can use 00 as the main reason to buy GM3?

:lol :lol :lol

GM1 was okay, cool concept, hope it gets flushed out, but there's no way I can buy Musou games for full price anymore.

How high up there is 00 in terms of overall popularity anyway? I saw some figures recently that indicated SEED and UC were the most popular series...

Top Bottom