• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.
vraicz.png

YOUR FIRST OF TWO CHOICES FOR 17TH GREATEST SMASH BROS. CHARACTER WOLL BE REVEALED SHORTLY!

As I mentioned earlier, there is a tie for 17th place. I will be revealing the first of two shortly!

Previous Veteran Rankings (click on them to find out more!)

Ahnez

Well the Wii U mode
if there is one
will hopefully only have like 2 months to be shoved down our collective throats in comparison to Smash Run's 5.
I hope :p
Sorry if this has been pointed out but this just started bugging me in regards to the third set of leaks. Is it me or does Lucina not have a red palette in the team victory screen? All i see is a red highlight around the edges which Shulk lacks.

Leak oversight or new addition?
Teams are defined by outlines, so you still can choose the colors

vraicz.png

YOUR FIRST OF TWO CHOICES FOR 17TH GREATEST SMASH BROS. CHARACTER WOLL BE REVEALED SHORTLY!

As I mentioned earlier, there is a tie for 17th place. I will be revealing the first of two shortly!

Wouldn't it be a tie for 16th place? Otherwise everyone else is a place too high

vraicz.png

Wow, thought he'd be a little higher.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'm going for team fake simply based on the fact that the css isn't well organized. If you look at all the other smash games the characters are arranged with their connections. Mario series is next to DK, Yoshi, and Wario; clones are next to their original, etc. It's very well done, but it's missing that Sakurai level of detail.

Doorman

After a little bit of reflection, if the leak turns out to be real I actually really understand why Ice Climbers would be one of the few characters to be cut...or at least relegated to DLC status. True, they're a Smash veteran and a fairly unique concept, but their history has never really been a strong point for them to lean on. If the leak is right and we have Dog & Duck and ROB, the older NES days are still well represented, and the idea of having a "partner" character is already fleshed out in a more complete, controllable form with the puppet style of Rosalina and Luma.

Beyond all of that, though, I also wonder if keeping the Ice Climbers around potentially conflicted with the way they've chosen to implement Amiibo support with the ally fighters. If you're able to purchase a figurine that summons an AI partner to fight with you, and that partner is able to learn and "level up," how would that be balanced against the AI of a regular Nana? Would you buy an Ice Climbers Amiibo and get a whole new Popo/Nana pair? I think the controllable nature of the Luma reduces the AI balancing concerns that Nana brings. The idea of a "two fighting as one" concept has already been taken to the next level and applied to the entire cast, and thematically the Climbers aren't so essential to Nintendo's iconography that they couldn't afford to go in favor of other retro revamps.

vraicz.png

Its gonna be Bowser next I bet!

After a little bit of reflection, if the leak turns out to be real I actually really understand why Ice Climbers would be one of the few characters to be cut...or at least relegated to DLC status. True, they're a Smash veteran and a fairly unique concept, but their history has never really been a strong point for them to lean on. If the leak is right and we have Dog & Duck and ROB, the older NES days are still well represented, and the idea of having a "partner" character is already fleshed out in a more complete, controllable form with the puppet style of Rosalina and Luma.

Beyond all of that, though, I also wonder if keeping the Ice Climbers around potentially conflicted with the way they've chosen to implement Amiibo support with the ally fighters. If you're able to purchase a figurine that summons an AI partner to fight with you, and that partner is able to learn and "level up," how would that be balanced against the AI of a regular Nana? Would you buy an Ice Climbers Amiibo and get a whole new Popo/Nana pair? I think the controllable nature of the Luma reduces the AI balancing concerns that Nana brings. The idea of a "two fighting as one" concept has already been taken to the next level and applied to the entire cast, and thematically the Climbers aren't so essential to Nintendo's iconography that they couldn't afford to go in favor of other retro revamps.

Good point, makes sense.

Its far more likely if Ice Climbers are cut or made into dlc its because 4 ice climbers on the 3ds wrecks the frame rate and they needed more time to work out the kinks.

Its far more likely if Ice Climbers are cut or made into dlc its because 4 ice climbers on the 3ds wrecks the frame rate and they needed more time to work out the kinks.

I almost wouldn't be surprised to see them reveal Ice Climbers as an "only on Wii U!" bonus DLC character that you get by registering the game on Club Nintendo within the first month or two of buying it. They like doing that kind of tie-in lately, and it would give them time to figure out how to make them work on the 3DS, if they can at all with the way the game's set up, and be a convenient out for them if they never come to the handheld platform. Because it's a Wii U exclusive, you see. Nintendo really goes the extra mile for it's fans. Aren't you glad you're getting a bonus character on this platform? No, nobody was cut from the 3DS version, it's a bonus!

Out of curiosity, how many newcomers were voted on and presumably it being over 20, how will you deal with the extra ones?
There's 37 choices total. In the countdown there will be a total of 22 characters, as there are two ties. I opted to just put ties on the same rank so we can get more character love. I guess I can change Yoshi to 22, Olimar to 21, etc.

To be more specific, rankings work like this:

1)
2)
3)
3)
5)

Not like this:

1)
2)
3)
3)
4)
I'll change it. Not a hard fix on my end!

Jawmuncher

There's 37 choices total. In the countdown there will be a total of 22 characters, as there are two ties. I opted to just put ties on the same rank so we can get more character love. I guess I can change Yoshi to 22, Olimar to 21, etc.

Don't cave into the man.
Stay strong.

K-A-Deman

I'm not sure about that - does Blum have much experience with
female roles?

Do you doubt his vocal abilities?!
Not sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if he tried. Wasn't there the androgynous character from the Gurren Lagan dub that he voiced?

How cool would it be if Shulk's trailer was a double reveal just like Lucina's and Robin's? First you see Shulk do a bunch of cool shit, and then you get "FIORA joins the battle!" (or something).

Engage the Enemy is played during the trailer of course.

I would rather have EXTREME XENOBLADE SPOILER WARNING
Seven with her mask down
END EXTREME XENOBLADE SPOILER WARNING

Also, I'd vote for Unfinished Battle in a trailer.

Dunban or get out

I like the cut of your jib

note to self: research what a jib is and why it needs to be cut.

Mainly because he looks like a actual creature compared to the other look.
http://i.imgur.com/WGKuCQw.png

It's really just that neck. They're both thin but that other one is just too much for me to handle.
I know it's how he is on the SNES and it looks good there but in 3D I don't like it.

I can get behind this, if nothing else you can just imagine that Ridley
came back wrong after being revived.

Amidst all this leaking and uncertainty, I have arrived to provide new info from the latest Famitsu. Enjoy!
3AQmK.gif

Pac-Man:
  • Taunt - Presents characters from throughout Namco's history
  • Side Smash: Blinky - Summons the infamous red ghost to attack opponents in front of Pac-Man
  • Neutral Special: Bonus Fruit - Pulls out one of the bonus fruit from the arcade game, functions like a normal projectile; hold the button to cycle through fruit, all projectiles have different trajectories and deal different amounts of damage
  • Side Special: Power Pellets - A series of power pellets in front of Pac-Man, he chomps away at the pellets while moving forward along the path; normally travels forward, can adjust trajectory with the analog stick
  • Up Special: Pac 'n' Jump - Pac-Man turns into a sphere and springs upward off a trampoline, can deal damage while rising upward, height increases with each bounce
  • Down Special: Fire Hydrant - Summons a fire hydrant beneath him and sprays opponents on both sides, does not deal damage but pushes opponents away; when used in the air, fire hydrant falls quickly and damages anyone it hits
  • Custom Down 1: Blaze Pyrant - Sprays out flames from the fire hydrant (-looking thing), can also inflict damage on the user
  • Custom Down 2: Bomb Hydrant - Drops an explosive fire hydrant beneath him, explodes on contact with the ground (when summoned from the air) or after a certain amount of time (when summoned on the ground)
  • Final Smash: Super Pac-Man - Transforms into a giant sphere, begins chomping away; opponents who get eaten revert to a pair of eyes (a la the ghosts in Pac-Man) and get blasted away as they receive damage

Will post more soon!

YES

Kriken

Well I was also referring to this poll, but this works as well. You going to do a "Runners up" before revealing #1?

Odie_Esty

Mainly because he looks like a actual creature compared to the other look.
http://i.imgur.com/WGKuCQw.png

It's really just that neck. They're both thin but that other one is just too much for me to handle.
I know it's how he is on the SNES and it looks good there but in 3D I don't like it.

The neck freaks me out too, but Other M Ridley is so...muscular. It kind of has the same effect. I think Meta Ridley has a neck that's similar but because it's mechanical it seems more natural. Omega Ridley just has a thicker neck. I'd rather have one of those get recolored purple for Ridley. Or have one of them as an alt, either way.

clpaxk.png

Jigglypuff
17th Place (Victory Music!)

Notable Appearences
Pokemon Red / Green (1996)
Pokemon Gold / Silver (1999)
Pokemon Snap (1999)
Pokemon Stadium (1999)
Pokemon Pinball (1999)
Pokemon Ruby / Sapphire (2002)
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team / Red Rescue Team (2005)
Pokemon Diamond / Pearl (2006)
Pokemon Ranger (2006)
Pokemon Black / White (2010)
Pokemon Black 2 / White 2 (2012)
Pokemon X / Y (2013)

Bio
Jigglypuff (Japanese: プリン Purin) is a dual-type Normal/Fairy Pokémon, and prior to Generation VI, a pure Normal-type Pokémon. It evolves from Igglybuff when leveled up with high friendship and evolves into Wigglytuff when exposed to a Moon Stone. One of its Pokedex entry reads as follows: Jigglypuff's vocal chords can freely adjust the wavelength of its voice. This Pokémon uses this ability to sing at precisely the right wavelength to make its foes most drowsy. Outside of the core games, Jigglypuff has become one of the minor mascots of the series, gaining popularity in large part due to the Pokemon anime.

What NeoGAF Says
“Amid the shower of mascots and legends that decorate a Smash game, Jigglypuff stands out as somewhat out of place. Outdated, even. But I think that anachronism adds to her appeal. Jigglypuff has no reason to be here. She just is. And she will destroy you if you sleep on her.” - Moonlight

“Clutch rests bro” - SuperChoco

“Underdog character with the most exciting move in the game when it hits, and great air game.” - SmithnCo

“PUFF STUFF TUFF STUFF” - batfax

“The balloon Pokémon is excellent at controlling the combat in the air, making the Pokémon a formidable challenger to face.” - PikaED

“It's Jigglypuff, it's not supposed to make sense.” - Griss

tumblr_m8ku4nXL8v1rdzxebo1_r5_500.gif

Congrats, Jigglypuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom