• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

suzu

DLC Song Previews:

Listed in order of release date. These are all Youtube links. Please let me know if there are any mistakes! This post will be linked in the OP as well.

♦ All DLC songs and characters are priced at $0.99 | €0.99 | £0.89 each.

♦ If you want to know the length of any song, check this list.

-The First Performance-

Released: Sept 16th

yuffie.png

Released: Sept 25th

rosa.png

Released: Oct 2nd

cloud2.png

Released: Oct 9th

orlandeau.png

Released: Oct 16th

auron2.png

Released: Oct 23rd

vincent.png

-The Second Performance-

Released: Dec 24th

Released: Jan 8th

Released: Jan 22nd

Released: Feb 19th

Released: March 5th

Released: March 19th

BMS
FFX-2 - real Emotion *This song has Japanese vocals and is sung by Koda Kumi.
FF Legend II - Struggle to the Death
NieR Gestalt/RepliCant - Shadowlord
Chrono Trigger - Boss Battle 2
Romancing SaGa 3 - Devil Lord Confrontation II

FMS
Seiken Densetsu 3 - Meridian Child
Chrono Trigger - Corridors of Time
Live A Live - Birds in the Sky, Fish in the River

Note: "Struggle to the Death" and "Devil Lord Confrontation II" are free until April 1st 2015. This batch also concludes the Second Performance DLC.

---

So.. that's all the available DLC! It seems NA/EU won't be getting the character Krile (from FFV) for some unknown reason.

Thanks to Robin64 for keeping up with any new updates.

suzu

Do you guys think they'll continue to add DLC or is it just going to be what japan already got?

Edit: Also I'm looking at the DLC list for VIII and while it's nice, why in the hell is Liberi Fatali and Landing not priority over Balamb Garden and Premonition? I love both tracks but come on.

Is there an "end" to the DLC? Or is the Japanese DLC still going?

The last DLC release in Japan was August 2014, and the NA/EU release of Curtain Call was a few weeks later. So I think... that's all the DLC we'll be getting. I hope I'm wrong though. D:

Thanks so much Suzu! That helps out a ton on deciding which songs I want :)

Np. I should've made a post like this sooner. lol (Although SE should've put previews in their DLC store..)

don't plan on getting Smash tonight, but do plan on going to Gamestops that are doing midnight launches in hopes of getting potential Curtain Call streetpass tags

Wazzy

Banned
The last DLC release in Japan was August 2014, and the NA/EU release of Curtain Call was a few weeks later. So I think... that's all the DLC we'll be getting. I hope I'm wrong though. D:

Np. I should've made a post like this sooner. lol (Although SE should've put previews in their DLC store..)

That's unfortunate to hear. :(

Also I didn't realize Chocobo Dungeon had remixes of Final Fantasy tracks so that means even more FF VIII representation! Now if only Plank from this was in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u48CHmXjf6Y

I got squat :/

Hell, I barely got any Streetpass tags in general, and the first Gamestop I went to had at least 20 people playing something on a 3DS. What a rip

Anustart

Been going through and getting SS on everything in Ultimate score. FF 1 - 4 are done, plus a ton of others interspersed throughout. Just did Maybe I'm a Lion. Was decently difficult to SS.

Kweh

Perhaps a silly question, but does a better party setup change how fast the Ultimate Score tracks go? They seem impossible for me...

Anustart

Force Your Way is going to give me a heart attack. Best so far is 7.8 million. I dunno if I can squeak out that last 1.2 million for SS.

I was super hyped when I got to rank #1 in the Gold class... only to discover there's a platinum class classes with nothing but Ultimate scores that I will never beat.

Infinite sadness.

Wichu

Perhaps a silly question, but does a better party setup change how fast the Ultimate Score tracks go? They seem impossible for me...
Wait until you reach the high-level quests. The note speeds on those can be even faster!

bobohoro

Wait until you reach the high-level quests. The note speeds on those can be even faster!

And it has rotating arrows. Everywhere. They can always mess you up, even if you are good with a particular track, so it's best to have a healer and/or tank with you,

The speed you get used to, it really is a matter of practice. Since I got to the high level quests and doing nothing but Ultimate scores there I can pretty comfortably S-rank most tracks on sight (the obvious extreme songs not included) while a week ago I had trouble even seeing some notes.

Zhao_Yun

You can do it, I believe in you! Do it for the rest of us who can't even clear it, even with Might guard and Level 3 Regen...

The difficult part is getting through the beginning without dying. After reaching the summoning sequence it isn't that bad. Haven't been able to score better than S though :(

Wichu

And it has rotating arrows. Everywhere. They can always mess you up, even if you are good with a particular track, so it's best to have a healer and/or tank with you,

The speed you get used to, it really is a matter of practice. Since I got to the high level quests and doing nothing but Ultimate scores there I can pretty comfortably S-rank most tracks on sight (the obvious extreme songs not included) while a week ago I had trouble even seeing some notes.
I got used to the rotating arrows in the first game. They're more annoying here because they turn on/off suddenly, but I'm slowly getting better :)

Anustart

Ugh. Had a perfect chain on One Winged Angel until the very end, then 2 bads :(

Edit: Fuck, and again, except only 1 bad instead of 2. SSS'd it that time though.

zlCfzSgTUA0s-a8DGH

Swamped

Banned
The difficult part is getting through the beginning without dying. After reaching the summoning sequence it isn't that bad. Haven't been able to score better than S though :(

Ah! To be fair, I only tried it once and was overwhelmed by the beginning portion, but I guess practice is key.

Has anyone been able to get a good score (SS or above) in Mystic Quest Battle 2? I find it impossible to do that song as well. Nearly as hard as Force Your Way for me.

Anustart

Ah! To be fair, I only tried it once and was overwhelmed by the beginning portion, but I guess practice is key.

Has anyone been able to get a good score (SS or above) in Mystic Quest Battle 2? I find it impossible to do that song as well. Nearly as hard as Force Your Way for me.

I've got 9,115,834 on it for a SS. Tough but fun :3

Anyone up for some Ultimate no ex battles?

Anustart

Heh, I feel bad. Since I'd been practicing Force Your Way all day, I picked it in an online battle. Guy died 3 times and ended with an F lol.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Heh, I feel bad. Since I'd been practicing Force Your Way all day, I picked it in an online battle. Guy died 3 times and ended with an F lol.

I started doing this but rotating with Battle with Seymour. >:D

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Two questions:

Could someone please explain the whole Chaos Map rarity thing? What does a P or R map have over the N ones? And does the naming of the Chaos Maps mean anything?

Also, has anyone noticed that sometimes there are spinning icons on bosses during BMS, and other times there are not? Does it depend on the level of characters in your party, or lead party? I think I noticed that when I have a Lv.99 in the party lead I don't have spinning notes... is that random or am I correct on that?

Seil

Two questions:

Could someone please explain the whole Chaos Map rarity thing? What does a P or R map have over the N ones? And does the naming of the Chaos Maps mean anything?

Also, has anyone noticed that sometimes there are spinning icons on bosses during BMS, and other times there are not? Does it depend on the level of characters in your party, or lead party? I think I noticed that when I have a Lv.99 in the party lead I don't have spinning notes... is that random or am I correct on that?

I've only encountered the Monster Buff-like effect in Quest Medley on proper bosses for the quest so far, generally in high level maps. So, I've just assumed that was what decided it.

I'm also not sure about map rarity, other than the special premium for nostalgia maps. Not sure if the names actually mean anything, either, outside of the nostalgia maps... Could be possible that rolling the same name combination will result in the same, or at least similar, map. But that's purely assumption on my part.

Edit: Dammit double post x.x I meant to cut that and add it to the other one but posted by accident...

Wichu

I tried to do that with FFIX Final Battle and got wrecked anyway. Darn you Japanese players who have had the game for months :mad:

suzu

Two questions:

P is premium, R is rare, N is normal. You get better/rarer items. The map naming seems like random gibberish, but certain maps have themes such as the "a nostalgic trip into a -blank- fantasy" maps (more exp monsters, all BMS, all FMS, only songs from certain games, etc).

They might show up more often on harder quest maps. I think it's just random? Rotating arrows can happen on FMS too.

mstevens

That's a huge bummer! I want more FFTactics and FFX-2!!

Man, I goof'd on Battle 1 Ultimate (FFIX) pretty hard. Not only did I not get an All Critical (got 1 great), I got a Bad on the final note >.<

Leaving me with a 9.93 mil score. I'll never reach that with a perfect chain :<

Griss

I used a Miratete's Memoires and got exactly 9999 exp per member. I'm guessing that's the max per song, then? Disappointing, as I got 20,000 base exp from that song BEFORE the 6x boost from the memoires. (Well, it was 10k times 2.0 from the dungeon boost.) And there I had visions of levelling from 1-80 in one shot :(

Also, tried 'Force Your Way' after reading this thread. I can't even... My first F.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Smash is clearly out, I can barely find players online. RIP Theatrhythm Curtain Call, I will never forget your 2 weeks of online glory. ;_;7

Deeku

Finally managed to play some online battles and it was so much fun! Wish I could play more but my wifi is real spotty with online nintendo stuff, was real lucky to get a few connections:(

Random question: is there an OST of some sort with the in game sound effects...either for curtain call or the original? Like, I really want use that piano chime that triggers when you get a new dark note/quest map as a text message chime lol

Zhao_Yun

Had some really nice online matches with a guy/girl yesterday. We were pretty even and thei first 5 games were really close. Then I was thinking that we should pull out the "big guns" and chose Dancing Mad and surprisingly my opponent did the same. After that match (which was really close again) I was like "oh well, may as well choose OWA now" and my opponent did the same again, lol. In the end he/she won 8 games out of 6. Would have liked to play more but it was already 4 am here and I had to get some sleep.
Its really a bummer that you can't add people to your friendslist you played with :(

Top Bottom