• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrvv

I already read this many times but...

Gundam Sousei 1-24 [END]

3lzF4fxl.png

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

...still good as always

Suzuka 46

Suzuka is so transparent, but she had to wait until he got a girlfriend... lol

Suzuka 47-48

So, another character that realizes that MC is an idiot. Finally someones tells the guy the truth clearly.

Suzuka 49

Hmm...Ayano fanservice, it was time the milf got some love!

Also, why is he asking to the girl he liked? Why is she accepting, if she really cared for the wellbeing of the couple she would distance from MC, not the contrary!

Idiots...

Suzuka 50-51

MC clearly didn't learn nothing from Nana's advice....idiot

Suzuka 52

"If you didn't go out shopping with me, then you two wouldn't have a fight", so Suzuka knew it was wrong, but went anyway. She's not and idiot, she's a bitch lol.

Suzuka 53

And...it's over. It was doomed from the start, but I feared it would drag for much longer.

Suzuka 54

Why...why is he doing this? There are like 200 excuses he could use to not hurt Suzuka without looking like an awful human being and instead he paints himself as a major asshole?.....

Suzuka 55

"Maybe breaking up is because of me", no no no, lol obviously is not because of you. Poor Honoka, if not a question of confidence, but of course her suffering must continue.

Just like Kobayakawa.

Suzuka 56-57

Here we go, I feel the start of another doomed relationship.

And now he feels bad because he made Suzuka hate him....what did you think it was going to happen? Let's say it together: IDIOT!!

Suzuka 58

See? couldn't Yamato did this from the start? Of course not!

Suzuka 59

Suzuka in full bipolar disorder mode!

Suzuka 60

Oh boy, here we go. Maybe we'll get a bit of focus on the races to avoid more stupidity and drama...right?

Well these chapters were less raged inducing so.

Rage level: DECREASED - LOW

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 42

So accepting one is a ok but its a bitch to actually say one? LOL

Also that last line seems to indicate she didn't win, but somehow did? (or he went into Harem mode)

Lasboss x Hero 17

Hurry up and revive her so you can have your shitty good ending.

I already got my death scene and no longer care.

dani_dc

I know! that's why i made the post because i noticed your invite.

Ah good, now we're true friends*!

I'll probably not boot up Steam for another year at least, so hopefully I'll remember to do it then.

Someone won't be getting Pyrite Heart for christmas.

Yea given the last line, this could have happened which also leaves "whoever it is" as a carrot on a stick again.

Could just mean she got rejected now to be accepted later, but I suppose that's possible as well.

Ayame 14 ch1-2

Teenagers discover sex. Yuri might ensue.
That's one amazing name though.

Why am I so easily convinced to read a manga?

Man Eater 1-11 (END)
Just needs some stitches and she'll look adorable.

Collection of short 'n' gory horror stories with no real overarching theme or connectivity, other than the occasional reoccurring character. As usual, the quality of the individual stories / writing was pretty inconsistent, but on balance there were more winners than losers. It's half of a compilation, so I'll check out the other half once it's out.

dani_dc

panda should play Umineko first instead.

If it's not on Steam it's not worth playing, that's how it goes!

Read Drainage City next~
It's got a pretty imaginative world building and characters that grow on you~

I was still lurking at the time, but I did check on Drainage City last time you mentioned it during the Shota pregnancy debacle.

I wasn't able to get to the end of it though.

It helps when the magic words are used.
You might have a point.

Zweizer

Banned
If it's not on Steam it's not worth playing, that's how it goes!

nuOjVPAl.png

I was still lurking at the time, but I did check on Drainage City last time you mentioned it during the Shota pregnancy debacle.

I wasn't able to get to the end of it though.

Boo.

It's one of the VNs I'm most excited to play but holy crap I do not have 100 hours right now. Especially not after spending comparable amounts of time with Higurashi and Grisaia earlier in the year.

Oh you played Grisaia? How is it? I see that name mentioned from time to time but I don't know what I should expect from it.

upandaway

Oh you played Grisaia? How is it? I see that name mentioned from time to time but I don't know what I should expect from it.
I clicked with the humor, 90% of which is in the common route, so that's where most of my enjoyment came from. And I always like honest straightforward deredere periods in romances, and there's a lot of that. A certain flashback was completely out of place in the story but I enjoyed it as a standalone. Everything else (and there's a lot of that too), eh.

Zweizer

Banned
Higurashi is heading to Steam, so it's nearly a real game!

You're missing out on a ton of good stuff if you limit yourself to games released on Steam though.

I did read several chapters before stopping. It just became too much after awhile.

Why not check out Secret Dog God Kokoko-chan then? It's got updated art and a pretty interesting story too.

I clicked with the humor, 90% of which is in the common route, so that's where most of my enjoyment came from. And I always like honest straightforward deredere periods in romances, and there's a lot of that. A certain flashback was completely out of place in the story but I enjoyed it as a standalone. Everything else (and there's a lot of that too), eh.

I see. Seems like a fun straightforward game. I should start playing it one of these days. The humor in particular sounds nice.

dani_dc

You're missing out on a ton of good stuff if you limit yourself to games released on Steam though.

I was just joking, though between Steam, 3DS, Vita and Wii U I'm pretty busy with the games I own as it is. Due to this, in regards to PC games, I do tend to wait for a Steam release if possible (easier to keep track to, also sales).

Why not check out Secret Dog God Kokoko-chan then? It's got updated art and a pretty interesting story too.
A quick google search shows that it looks, er, super interesting. Might read it later due to morbid curiosity.

upandaway

I see. Seems like a fun straightforward game. I should start playing it one of these days. The humor in particular sounds nice.
I'd say the game is the opposite of straightforward after it starts branching from the common route (incidentally when the humor runs out too). Things go places.

Ojojojo ch6

Hahaha. Makes me imagine how Nisekoi would work as a 4koma. It could pretty much survive on the reaction faces alone.

upandaway

Are the branching routes worth playing?
I don't know if I'm qualified to say since my tolerance for dere-heavy romance is really high, but I had fun with them. Dresden hated them. They're all so different that having one you like guarantees also having one you hate. The main point of interest is really the common route before all that nonsense though

Zweizer

Banned
I don't know if I'm qualified to say since my tolerance for dere-heavy romance is really high, but I had fun with them. Dresden hated them. They're all so different that having one you like guarantees also having one you hate. The main point of interest is really the common route before all that nonsense though

I see. Well, guess I should play it then.
Probably next year.

I'll hold you to that, I expect to read it in a couple weeks.

Uuh. It probably won't be out before I finish Takkoku.

Sporting Salt 3

*yawn*

surprised some crush didn't form right there or something.

still gonna attempt to check it out until the first volume but man is it losing my interest.

oh shit, is Saucy quitting?

if you have a good excuse Saucy I can give you a stay of execution for a day or two.

If not, it's KNIM avatar for you.

Baka ga Zenra de Yattekuru 1-9 (END)
The naked dude on the cover nearly stopped me reading this, but I skimmed a few pages anyway, saw the above scene and changed my mind. Good thing too, since otherwise I would've missed out on what was a touching tale of pursuing your dreams and the suffering that comes with it. Short and bittersweet, with its harsh undertones of realism ultimately overcome by a message of hope and perseverance. Definitely a worthwhile read, and that's high praise considering the subject matter is the kind of thing that's usually a turn off for me.

Eroge no Taiyou 07

Yeah, yeah, sure he's a jerk, he's also boring too, so whatever.

I wonder what's going to happen next.

One of the girls is going to have trouble with their own work.

The MC notices this, asks if he can do anything to help, and is eventually "forced" into acting out the scenes with the girl(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom