• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usobuko

Banned
I'll pm everyone for recommendations (if you don't have any that's fine too), compile a list, then select 5 or so works (that tops up to 4 to 5 volumes) every week.

Ok.

I think I would just pick what I think is really good rather than what I think is obscure and good.

UberTag

Is the magic word today "lewd"?

c6e.png

dani_dc

Moteki 16

That last scene gave me some serious "rape going to happen vibe".
Seems like he finally had things ready to go with Doi, but now he bought the other girl he liked to the mangaka place and where Doi is as well. There's no way this will end well for him, sounds like a sure fire way to lose both of them.

Ok.

I think I would just pick what I think is really good rather than what I think is obscure and good.
Why not mix it up a bit? No reason to go just one way or another.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ok.

Pick whatever you like. My hope is to get a reading list out every week that has at least 4 new reads for each person, so obscure is probably good too. Probably impossible, but hey, it's nice to dream.

I know I have a few obscure ones (probably) lined up.

Usobuko

Banned
Moteki 16

That last scene gave me some serious "rape going to happen vibe".
Seems like he finally had things ready to go with Doi, but now that he bought the other girl he liked to the mangaka place and where Doi is as well. There's no way this will end well for him, sounds like a sure fire way to lose both of them.

Why not mix it up a bit? No reason to go just one way or another.

Didn't realize you read Moteki as well. You would love Aki Doi much more when you read her thoughts.

And yes, maybe I should mix it up.

Revo

Gintama 516

oh my god more backstory
oh my god more backstory
oh my god more backstory.

The Gamer 61

Woo victory!

My Hero Academia

Hmm, this has promise.
Of course he can't just have no powers throughout the entire thing, but the way he will acquire his powers is clever enough.
I'll continue reading this and hope it turns into something neat.

dani_dc

Didn't realize you read Moteki as well. You would love Aki Doi much more when you read her thoughts.

And yes, maybe I should mix it up.
I caught up with it a month ago or so, don't think I got around writing about it here. I'm eager to read more, the disadvantage of not being able to read Japanese.

I'll look forward to your suggestions.

Rhapsody

Banned
Prison School 141

I like the weird messed up humor this manga has lol. It always tries to setup this serious thing or theme into a weird joke.

dani_dc

Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai 6

Well this was an unexpected direction for the story to go. Obviously he's not going to get into a serious relationship, so next few chapters will probably be a bit awkward.

Revo

Gepetto s2e8

Honestly not something I've ever had on my mind, what other technological advancements they made during the timeperiod after the androids were expelled.

Hana no Niwa Ame no Mai 01

A guy broken by lies from his past, now will have a life changing experience after the black feather he held onto leads him to the world of dragon dancing.

While I found it kinda silly that suddenly the girl from his childhood would just appear after so long, pretty interested in this. Dragon dancing sounds interesting and its another guy who will change for the better due to the addition of this active girl stories, so woo.

Haru Yo Koi 1--94 END

That was a genuinely enjoyable seinen romance comedy. It starts out really interesting and you can really see how the main character has learned and developed throughout the course of the story. My main criticism is about halfway through the main heroine disappears so it becomes entirely focused on the main character and whatever new girls are there. The thing is none of the new girls were ever as interesting as the main heroine and so you can't help but hope for the main heroine to re-appear or wonder if she'll even come back at all, since time just keeps on progressing in the story. The ending was actually pretty good and I don't think it ran too long nor too short because in the end the main character really does take all his experiences and applies it to his decision in the ending.

Recommeded if you're looking for a solid seinen romance comedy with a side of ecchi scenes.

After this I'm checking out Smash!, by the same author which I hear is really good.

kasane

Haru Yo Koi 1--94 END

That was a genuinely enjoyable seinen romance comedy. It starts out really interesting and you can really see how the main character has learned and developed throughout the course of the story. My main criticism is about halfway through the main heroine disappears so it becomes entirely focused on the main character and whatever new girls are there. The thing is none of the new girls were ever as interesting as the main heroine and so you can't help but hope for the main heroine to re-appear or wonder if she'll even come back at all, since time just keeps on progressing in the story. The ending was actually pretty good and I don't think it ran too long nor too short because in the end the main character really does take all his experiences and applies it to his decision in the ending.

Recommeded if you're looking for a solid seinen romance comedy with a side of ecchi scenes.

After this I'm checking out Smash!, by the same author which I hear is really good.

you mean which got canned

dani_dc

how was it

see it for yourself
http://vlog.xuite.net/play/c1Q2NEo0LTIwMzE2MDA0LmZsdg==
Could had saved me the trouble of going into the Naruto thread :p

So Kakasi is hokage, even tough he's fairly unimpressive without the sharigan, lol his statue has the mask.
Naruto doesn't seem to have changed the world. Still no one unifies ninja village. Shikamaru is still the boss, well on his way to be the seventh.

Most i portantly though, Naruto x Hinata is now canon.
"could of saved me from going to the Naruto thread"

that was the point hehe

yup the mask on Kakashi's statue is lol

Also did you see that Hanabi's Kunai has some small pink ninja key chain.... like some type of cellphone accessory lol

Sasuke can turn off his ugly sharinnagan

dani_dc

see it for yourself
http://vlog.xuite.net/play/c1Q2NEo0LTIwMzE2MDA0LmZsdg==

that was the point hehe

yup the mask on Kakashi's statue is lol

Also did you see that Hanabi's Kunai has some small pink ninja key chain.... like some type of cellphone accessory

Damn you and your evilness!
No one should ever risk themselves going into a Sakura haven.

They're going to run out of space in the mountain pretty fast.

Hasn't noticed that, makes perfect sense to have a chain in a disposable weapons. Probably something that will be left behind in the ground for Hinata to find "this was Hanabi favourite chain... She would never leave it behind".

In terms of accessories I'd give focus to Naruto awesome scarf though.

kasane

IiRBo7Q.gif

MangaGAF is always right
when we agree on something

other times we 're just there to kill each other :p

thank god its not even sakushit

sakura is literally shit

if you keep chasing after an emo douchebag your whole life and ignore a somewhat decent character then you're shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom