• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

krae_man lives there. Send him a PM incase he doesn't see your post because he's going down to Vegas this weekend for the PSE. He also posts a lot in the Toronto-GAF thread.

I moved to KW from Boston (USA) four years ago. Not really much to avoid. Honestly, the entire area is travel distance to UofW. I live in Kitchener at by Highway 8 and it would take me about 15 minutes to get there.

Thanks! That's good to know. There are a lot of options close enough to the university from what we have looked at but its a bit overwhelming for us since we haven't traveled in the area before.

baconcow

has anyones best buy E3 preorder for captain toad shipped and has the price been adjusted correctly to $31.49?

Both Best Buy and FS promised me in the past that E3 games would be adjusted. It never happened on all accounts. I just cancel the ones that drop in price as they can generally be bought significantly cheaper on Black Friday or Boxing Day.

krae_man

Thanks! That's good to know. There are a lot of options close enough to the university from what we have looked at but its a bit overwhelming for us since we haven't traveled in the area before.

If you are going to bus to school, look for something on the 8 route or one of the other buses that go to the universities.

Not many places to avoid except maybe bryback cr, maybe one or two others.

So it seems most Canadian retailers have updated their dates for Amiibo Wave 2

Zelda, Diddy and Little Mac - Friday December 12

Captain Falcon, Pit and Luigi - Still December 31, 2014

I wonder if the last 3 will be delayed to 2015?

It would be nice if Nintendo could make a damn announcement...

antibolo

Banned
Wow so Xrd has full English support in the Japanese version? That's pretty cool.

But is it really worthwhile price-wise to buy a foreign version? Even the Asian version may end up more costly due to exchange rates and such. Also you'll be stuck having to get DLC from an account of that region. Getting Hong Kong PSN prepaid cards at real cost on the Internet is pretty much impossible, they always charge a premium.

Personally I'm still undecided on whether I'll get it for PS3 or PS4, so I guess I'll still wait a bit.

Major B.S.

Neo Member
So it seems most Canadian retailers have updated their dates for Amiibo Wave 2

Zelda, Diddy and Little Mac - Friday December 12

Captain Falcon, Pit and Luigi - Still December 31, 2014

I wonder if the last 3 will be delayed to 2015?

It would be nice if Nintendo could make a damn announcement...

Production, shipping and availability delays for the holidays. Poop.

Production, shipping and availability delays for the holidays. Poop.

That is my guess too, maybe demand for Wave 1 is higher than they expected and they decided to reduce Wave 2's size to accommodate more production for Wave 1 Amiibos.

But if December 12th is the actual release date, that is one week tomorrow. Some official confirmation from Nintendo would be nice!

iiicon

Kinda wish I hadn't bought Samus and Link yet, or that Captain Toad Target deal extends to next Friday when I pick up Zelda. oh well. here's hoping I find a Wii Fit Trainer this weekend.

Jayhawk

Do imported Amiibos work on our NA consoles? Thinking about preordering a Rosalina & Luma Amiibo, and not dealing with the hassle of finding one here.

vulva

Any Kitchener-Waterloo gaf here? Wife and I are moving in January and neither of us have been too the area before. We are looking for a place within travel distance to Uwaterloo and aren't sure which areas to look in/avoid so any advice would be awesome.

Will you have a car? If so, then you'll be fine anywhere

zroid

Banned
How unusual. Amazon just shipped Captain Toad, whereas Best Buy hasn't even charged me yet.

edit: scratch that. just got charged!

big_z

Both Best Buy and FS promised me in the past that E3 games would be adjusted. It never happened on all accounts. I just cancel the ones that drop in price as they can generally be bought significantly cheaper on Black Friday or Boxing Day.

Best buy adjusted the price once for me before but this time around they refuse to. They're actually charging me more than msrp. Looks like ill be making a return shortly. I guess no captain toad for me. :(

zroid

Banned
Best buy adjusted the price once for me before but this time around they refuse to. They're actually charging me more than msrp. Looks like ill be making a return shortly. I guess no captain toad for me. :(

I think they will autoamtically refund you the difference between what you're paying and the msrp, but yeah. getting them to adjust E3 promos after E3 is incredibly rare.

If you are going to bus to school, look for something on the 8 route or one of the other buses that go to the universities.

Not many places to avoid except maybe bryback cr, maybe one or two others.

Will you have a car? If so, then you'll be fine anywhere

Thanks, yes we have a car so traveling won't be a problem. My wife found out today she might have a chance to go early to hunt for an apartment before we both move which would be a relief for both of us. Any local game stores?

vulva

Thanks, yes we have a car so traveling won't be a problem. My wife found out today she might have a chance to go early to hunt for an apartment before we both move which would be a relief for both of us. Any local game stores?

Nothing amazing really. There's a game shop in Kitchener on Queen. I can't remember the name but they specialize(d? haven't been in a long time) in vintage games. Otherwise you got your EBs, Best Buys and I think Kitchener has a Microplay. If you're in to fighting games, there's an autoshop that does weekly meetups that's pretty cool. Beyond that I can't comment too much more, I haven't lived out there in a long time.

To give some context, though, I was living in Cambridge which is just beside Kitchener but closer to Toronto. I could drive from my house to U of W in 25 minutes if there was no traffic. If you're already inside KW, you're set for sure.

krae_man

Nothing amazing really. There's a game shop in Kitchener on Queen. I can't remember the name but they specialize(d? haven't been in a long time) in vintage games. Otherwise you got your EBs, Best Buys and I think Kitchener has a Microplay. If you're in to fighting games, there's an autoshop that does weekly meetups that's pretty cool. Beyond that I can't comment too much more, I haven't lived out there in a long time.

To give some context, though, I was living in Cambridge which is just beside Kitchener but closer to Toronto. I could drive from my house to U of W in 25 minutes if there was no traffic. If you're already inside KW, you're set for sure.

Games Exchange. Great place.

There's another place called KW Vintage games or something on King St but they suck ass. Store is a mess and unorganized and way, way overpriced. Avoid them at all cost.

Yasumi

Banned
Jeez, Chapters and Futureshop disappointing. Electronic information submitted by shipper three days ago on a book I ordered, and nothing since, and not even a shipping notification on KH2.5. I may just use Amazon for everything from now on.

Roto13

yIcnI1n.png

I really wonder if they have any intention of shipping this before New Year's Eve, because this is definitely a mistake, since the game came out months ago. I filled out an order inquiry form about it a couple of days ago and haven't heard anything.

Useless.

Joeku

Got an Xbox One from Target. Between the 10% coupon from buying something a week ago, price matching to the MS Store, the red card, and my employee discounts, the Ass Creed bundle came to $304. After I sell the codes (own the games on PS4) should end up being around $260. Not too bad!

Now to just wait and see if anything hits a good price on Boxing Day.

Seik

Banned
Fuck FutureShop, I called two weeks ago to be sure I wouldn't be charged something like 54$ for Captain Toad and here we are with me being overcharged today. :lol

Sounds like I'll have to make a call again tomorrow.

Joeku

Fuck FutureShop, I called two weeks ago to be sure I wouldn't be charged something like 54$ for Captain Toad and here we are with me being overcharged today. :lol

Sounds like I'll have to make a call again tomorrow.

A page or two I mentioned the $20 discount I'd be getting on it.

There is nothing on the order page indicating that that is actually happening. So let's see.

Sora_N

A page or two I mentioned the $20 discount I'd be getting on it.

There is nothing on the order page indicating that that is actually happening. So let's see.

Those usually appear after they charge you but you can call first to make sure I guess

MarkusRJR

How reliable is Amazon's one day shipping during Christmas? Trying to decide whether to buy clothes for job interviews (and winter shoes,/clothes that I don't have atm) or buy my Christmas gift for my dad. I next get paid on Dec. 19, but I bus everywhere and prefer not freezing my ass off (although I need the gift by Christmas). He's my only family basically, and I'd feel horrible if it didn't get here on time for Christmas.

Ondore

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 update: Now showing "In Stock" at Best Buy, and just got the "Paypal and us aren't talking to each other" email. That should sort itself out eventually.

Sweet Ivy

Guys, a question.
I have a package coming from Italy that's been stuck at customs since the 25th.

I tried contacting CanadaPost, but they only said they haven't been handled it yet.
Should I contact customs?

Top Bottom