• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overlord 1
drvcF.jpg

Here come's Mr. Bones and his wild ride!
There's no turning back.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Shuukan Shounen Girl 10
ALL MY FEELING! Probably the most romantic and bittersweet when compared to previous chapter. Real good.

Anyone know the name of the manga in which a woman receives a game in the mail which she is forced to play
with the cost of losing is the function of a body part they bet on before the match?

Tizoc

Attack on Titan Ch. 64
Sun of a gun so that's why [spoilter]Titans eat humans, they instinctively but blindly try to become Alphas, and go after easy prey.
I don't see why Historia would be hating on Eren though when it was his father who did all that BS.
...but man 'modifying memories' is such a bull cliche Japan...[/spoiler]

Zweizer

Banned
Don't let Aqua go through that pain Zweizer...

But it'll bring you two closer together!

boys on the run would be a good read

if it was actually updated regularly

Pretty much.

I want input from others in the reading club first though. I do want to read scientia and reread 7 seeds too but there's really no pressure to ignore the short reads list for a week for people who wants to focus on something else for awhile, but other people might still want a list for the week.

I'd say a hiatus would be a good idea to allow people to catch up. A break once in a while would be good considering that the club will be going for a long time.

wonzo

Banned
Shuukan Shounen Girl 6-10

Can't get enough of these weird romance stories. The last one in particular was utterly brilliant.

Metsuko ni Yoroshiku 1-5

Fat delinquent girl beats the shit outta p. much every other delinquent in the area and has such p. much lepered herself outta society. Checked this out as its from the same author as RaButa and the woman married to an otaku anime airing this season. Pretty decent read.

Zweizer

Banned
Shuukan Shounen Girl ch10

Awww.

Is Reiroukan Still Alive? ch8

Jealous Mikoto is cute~

Also, I just realized it's only 2 volumes long. Bummer.

Haikyuu!! 138

This is too close. I dont want Oikawa to lose in t his one. Please dont. Kindaichi also needs more time. I dont really want to have to wait until the next tourney or a second year just to see him again. But I dont want Karasuno to lose either. This is too intense.

Nice Tsukki.
B4qoQ6mCIAExWH2.png:large

Scientia

A volume of sci-fi short stories, I have to read it! They have the common theme, surprisingly, of being optimistic with science/technology, as it's a force for good in the stories. Also, it's less interested in super flashy scifi things and more in realistic science-related stuff like the therapeutic angle of technology, several of the stories have mind altering drugs or systems to help people.
Several of the stories focus on how good is to have a honest to god work, how good is to work hard, and how it integrates you in the society, a very Japanese theme. Another common theme is parenting, both stories about parents, or stories about people marked by bad parenting.
Also, goddamn the author doesn't know how to draw different faces! Every story seems protagonized more or less by the same characters :p

But quality wise, I have to say it's pretty average/decent-ish. Some of the stories aren't that developed and they just gave me a neutral feeling, others are predictable. A pair are better than the rest (last two, imo). Most are also pretty similar in tone and how they develop and end, which is a pity because if you make a compilation of short tales, ideally you should of use the chance to paint a bigger variety of stories.

Revo

Overlord 1

Another guy gets trapped in MMORPG now new world. But he looks evil this time? So maybe it'll be a bit different than others. Still expect typical harem stuff, etc.

Also apparently is a LN->manga adaptation that will also have an anime. So the harem chance is 100%.

Overlord 1

Another guy gets trapped in MMORPG now new world. But he looks evil this time? So maybe it'll be a bit different than others. Still expect typical harem stuff, etc.

Also apparently is a LN->manga adaptation that will also have an anime. So the harem chance is 100%.

sounds right up my alley

-Horizon-

Maybe someone can help me here: Is Yen Press the only publisher that is bringing over light novels to the US? Been thinking about getting some.

Online 16
B4rS65NCIAA4sjV.png

If people in JPN really count in Mississippi's like that...it makes me chuckle.

I love how Mr. Sugiura is so nice to people when they surprise them with progress. His smile is a good reward for anyone.

Maybe someone can help me here: Is Yen Press the only publisher that is bringing over light novels to the US? Been thinking about getting some.

They are the ones making the biggest push of light novels.

Viz has released just a few of them as well as Seven Seas.

Tokyopop released a bunch of them too before they went belly up.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Alright I will do that. My biggest concern more or less is "does the quality take a nosedive for whatever reason?" If not I'll be getting it.

Personally, i think the earlier volume is kinda weak, but midway it become better as it goes. The art is great, though sometime it look way too crowded. Personally, i rate it 7 out of 10. There's several chapter that bored me, but i think the final part is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom