• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Does Sony Have For The Holidays?

Circinus

Some images from Ratchet & Clank game and film to build up a bit of hype: (coming this holiday season on PS4)

Ratchet-and-Clank.jpg

The-Galactic-Rangers.jpg

Ratchet-and-Qwark.jpg

ratchet-and-clank-ps4-screenshot-leaked-image-2.jpg

original.jpg

Also No Man's Sky is just "first on Playstation" correct? I swear I remember them saying that all the time that it was making it's console debut first on Playstation. I assume like Axiom Verge it's coming to PC and XB1 later correct?

Yes.

Axiom Verge as well indeed.

Also No Man's Sky is just "first on Playstation" correct? I swear I remember them saying that all the time that it was making it's console debut first on Playstation. I assume like Axiom Verge it's coming to PC and XB1 later correct?

Just PC for now...Xbox is in Limbo

I don't think Joe Danger ever went to Xbox or did it?

Ainsz

The return of The Getaway and Eight Days of course! I will always hold out for these.

Just Cause 3 is all I want as far holiday releases go and if Sony feel like dropping a GT7 holiday release announcement at this years E3 then I'm down for that.

I imagine they'll push the Battlefront deal, and that will go a long way for them. No Man's Sky, if ready, could work as a crossover hit. Hopefully they've got a core exclusive ready for this Fall that can be debuted at E3 - but with those two, I think they're in a better position than 2014. Especially if they hit $350 with a packin.

Somnia

I don't think Xbox version is in Limbo more than it has a marketing deal with Sony so they won't discuss the Xbox version till after the PS4 and PC version probably (or they'll do PC/XB1 at same time with all the Win10 stuff). The dev's have said all along that it's just console debut on Playstation. I just couldn't remember right so that's why I asked, went back and looked at some of their on stage stuff to make sure.

I'm not sure how you missed that. They announced the Joe Danger 360 port, included a bunch of new content (Microsoft's policy for late ports) and then described the PS3 version as a "beta" for the 360 release. The outcry from owners of the PS3 version was pretty vicious for understandable reasons (describing a $15 game as a beta was stupid) and then on top of that, the 360 port bombed.

Joe Danger 2 was then a 360 timed exclusive (thanks again to Microsoft's "indie friendly" policies) and it too bombed. The PS3 version came out a month or so later and I don't think it did well either. It was on PS+ within a few months.

We'll have to see what happens though. It didn't seem like Hello were happy with their experience with Microsoft and Sony may pay to keep it console exclusive or something. A PC version is obviously going to happen but I wouldn't make any further guesses than that.

Prine

Banned
If the assumption that Sony has an exclusive marketing deal for Battlefront turns out true, then MS is in for a disaster this Xmas. Anyone who thinks Halo or Tomb Raider, or even both combined, can trump Battlefront in the same season Episode VII comes out, is delusional.

They have Halo, TR and Battlefront though, as soon as people step into the store or type it in on Amazon search its immediately apparent. Think your over estimating the Battlefront impact. Its going to sell tons on both systems, and with EA access it'll do healthy numbers.

COD is most likely under MS marketing, not going to change things that much either, it'll probably just sell more but not shift significant consoles.

David___

Banned
I don't think Xbox version is in Limbo more than it has a marketing deal with Sony so they won't discuss the Xbox version till after the PS4 and PC version probably (or they'll do PC/XB1 at same time with all the Win10 stuff). The dev's have said all along that it's just console debut on Playstation. I just couldn't remember right so that's why I asked, went back and looked at some of their on stage stuff to make sure.

Transister was also a console debute and instead of porting it to the Xbone, SG opted to port their 4 year old game to the Ps4 instead. Just because they're debuting on the console doesn't mean they're going to go the other one.

Somnia

Transister was also a console debute and instead of porting it to the Xbone, SG opted to port their 4 year old game to the Ps4 instead. Just because they're debuting on the console doesn't mean they're going to go the other one.

Or the Transistor exclusive period hasn't been lifted yet. No way to know what's happening there.

Seems like Xbox One owners are getting some pride from talking about what they might be playing in eight months while PS4 owners are currently playing a Game of the Gen candidate. Seems strange to me

THE:MILKMAN

I'd say we will see GT7 this holiday season.

See it? I should hope so! I can't believe we haven't even had a teaser or concept video.

If you mean it will be out by years end then I'd say 99.9% no only because GT6 was announced in May and released in December.

Agreed.

I find it cringe-worthy as well as how people can be so obsessive over these exclusives as well.

I mean, I love Zelda and Ratchet & Clank for example, but I don't care about about Zelda/Ratchet & Clank just because it's an exclusive. I care about because it's an amazing franchise with amazing games!

I only would applaud it if these franchises would be multiplatform and more people could experience these amazing games. Of course that isn't going to happen, because SCE's and Nintendo's business model doesn't work like that. And that's fine. I think it's a fair business model.

So hold on, you're having a go at people for using 'exclusive marketing deals' as a rebuttal against lack of exclusive games, chalking it up to not being something that benefits the consumer, and now you're saying its cringe how people obsess over exclusives when exclusives are listed to you? I don't think you should post in this thread, sir.

Worldwide PS4 will destroy xbox again, and the salt and cries of "no games" will reach galactic proportions.

You know, what we call a Tuesday.

I don't see the 'PS4 haz no gaemes' schtick 1/10 as much as I saw it in the PS3 era. Used to be every other post for PS3, now I see it every other week. PS4 already has the best library of the gen IMO.

pager99

I suspect Sony might push until dawn from summer to fall to compensate for UC4 delay, also ratchet and clank no man's sky will get a big push and a few surprises at E3 no doubt but scrap all that none of it matters because the spiritual successor to the no1 7th gen game that's right you guessed it ROCKET LEAGUE will release this fall and Itll be gaming nirvana for all

TheNAC

Banned
I suspect Sony might push until dawn from summer to fall to compensate foe UC4 delay, also ratchet and clank no man's sky will get a big push and a few surprises at E3 no doubt but scrap all that none of it matters because the spiritual successor to the no1 7th gen game that's right you guessed it ROCKET LEAGUE will release this fall and Itll be gaming nirvana for all

Rocket League is coming this Spring.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Some images from Ratchet & Clank game and film to build up a bit of hype: (coming this holiday season on PS4)

Ratchet-and-Clank.jpg

The-Galactic-Rangers.jpg

Ratchet-and-Qwark.jpg

original.jpg

Yes.

Axiom Verge as well indeed.

Circinus dude please. Stop. You do this every thread talking about Sony exclusives. I'm seriously thinking you are an astroturfer with how hard you have been posturing this remake and the accompanying movie. It's ok to be excited, but constantly doing nothing but talking about it is having the opposite intended effect.

Seems like Xbox One owners are getting some pride from talking about what they might be playing in eight months while PS4 owners are currently playing a Game of the Gen candidate. Seems strange to me

It's almost as if people are talking about games they are really excited for...or something.

I suspect Sony might push until dawn from summer to fall to compensate for UC4 delay, also ratchet and clank no man's sky will get a big push and a few surprises at E3 no doubt but scrap all that none of it matters because the spiritual successor to the no1 7th gen game that's right you guessed it ROCKET LEAGUE will release this fall and Itll be gaming nirvana for all

No way. Sony doesn't need to push games like that to holiday slaughter. Release it in early Ocover at the latest.

I have a feeling Sony might announce a Star Wars limited edition PS4/Bundle at E3. I hope I'm not wrong. If so, then it will be SO MINE.

Or the Transistor exclusive period hasn't been lifted yet. No way to know what's happening there.

Sony's pub fund exclusivity is usually only for 3 months and Transistor came out on PS4 11 months ago, so no. Supergiant already said what's happening there when they announced Bastion for PS4 and Vita:
Today's announcement of Bastion for the PS4 and Vita is a good example of what we mean by "haven't ruled anything out for the future", as we wouldn't have considered something like this if not for Transistor's success on the PS4 following its launch in May of this year. For better or worse, bringing a game to a new platform tends to be challenging and costly, especially when you factor in what else you could have done in the same amount of time. So, we need to weigh these choices very carefully, especially since we're a small team. That said, we do appreciate hearing from folks who'd like to see our games on other platforms, and surely Bastion wouldn't have come to as many different platforms otherwise.
https://www.supergiantgames.com/blog/bastion-coming-to-playstation-4-and-ps-vita-in-2015/

W.S.

I'm still enjoying Horizon 2, Ori, and Sunset so I've been fine :p

Tenebrous

It doesn't look too good, really. If a pretty clued up PC gamer already has a machine to play his or her third party titles, Bloodborne aside, there's nothing known to be releasing in 2015 to justify the purchase. People like that are in the minority, and I fully expect the PS4 to continue to sell at a ridiculous pace.

Of course E3/Gamescom can change all that, and damn, I hope it does... But right now? As someone looking for supplemental devices, it's looking poor. Media Molecule can sell me any console at the drop of a hat, though.

farmerboy

Circinus dude please. Stop. You do this every thread talking about Sony exclusives. I'm seriously thinking you are an astroturfer with how hard you have been posturing this remake and the accompanying movie. It's ok to be excited, but constantly doing nothing but talking about it is having the opposite intended effect.

He may do it every thread but I don't see "every" thread so I'm glad he does.

I personally can't wait for it. C'mon man let him be excited, can you imagine when there is a blowout on this, he's gonna go crazy. :)

kpaadet

He may do it every thread but I don't see "every" thread so I'm glad he does.

I personally can't wait for it. C'mon man let him be excited, can you imagine when there is a blowout on this, he's gonna go crazy. :)
It was fine for awhile but after his 5th or so comment in the same thread about how big and amazing R&C is... Wynnebeck is right its getting close to astroturfer territory.

farmerboy

Wynnebeck, kpaadet, you're both right. Had a quick look and it is about the 5th time (haven't read the whole thread - sorry).

Maybe he just really loves the game.

And no, I'm not an alt account :)

NickFire

Why would that be disaster though? Halo and TR will still sell a ton for MS. And the hardcore XBox gamers are still going to play Battlefront on the X1 where their friends are. Exclusive marketing a nice get for Sony, but I think we're overestimating how much that's really going to impact Xbox gamers from not buying games on the X1 during the Holiday.

I mean a disaster in terms of market share, not games sold to current owners. Being behind already, PS4 Battlefront bundles and marketing can wreak havoc to MS when it's already less popular at retail. The Star Wars hype leading into Episode VII will be through the moon, and don't think for one second Battlefront won't have a massive advertising itself.

Top Bottom