• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We have created this exercise to honor all of the Japanese chefs who went to Paris in a holy pilgrimage to commit what we are describing as grand intellectual property theft. The lesson all you aspiring young chefs need to take from this is that if someone thought of something worthwhile, it is probably worth stealing it for yourself and slapping your name on it"

Aside from the very strange way they decided to frame that little historical nugget, this was a pretty great chapter.

Even stranger since copyright law doesn't apply to recipes.

Usobuko

Banned
Hmm, that art looks pretty nice. I read the one shot of this before it became a series and thought it was pretty lukewarm, is it actually good?

I thought it was a gag manga at the start but the recent chapters feature good character development that makes you want to cheer for the MC.

random25

Yep. She just need more development thats all

Agree. She's personally not my favorite character, but she really needs to have more moments to really get to know her
and have MangaGAF hate her more lol.
And she looks to have one of the most interesting back stories that is yet unexplored.

I'm not a fan of Erina, specifically, but I highly enjoy the very,very slow development of her relationship with Souma.

I like how there's actual distance between both of them, and I like how gradual her perception of him changes, while being true to her character and continued dislike of him. It's been a long time since I can remember that an ojousama and commoner relationship dynamic is actually given the time to simmer, instead of how romcom does it,where the commoner somehow always find themselves put in unrealistic situations to create more flag moments.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Well this was a good arc then if it ended here.

They should be around end of October/early November in the series after the tournament, so there is like a month and a half till the end of first year.

The academic year ends in like March? There's going to be a really long arc before that happens anyways - some of the students are gonna fail out, obviously.

That's why there's the Stagliere thing as well to cull more losers.

Half of the students passed the camp right? So there are 400-500 still around and that number needs to go down to about 100.

Well, if their generation is the cream of the crop, maybe there'll be more students passing compared to previous years?

Anyway, I expect some sort of first year finals to cap off the season anyway.

The academic year ends in like March? There's going to be a really long arc before that happens anyways - some of the students are gonna fail out, obviously.

Half of the students passed the camp right? So there are 400-500 still around and that number needs to go down to about 100.

First ones on the chopping block.

Bob and Steve.

shokugeki_thosetwoguys_3060.jpg

dani_dc

Results for the Shokugeki no Soma online character popularity poll

tmEAnsN.jpg

1. Erina
2. Takumi
3. Soma
4. Megumi
5. Alice
6. Shinomiya
7. Hisako
8. Curry
9. Meat
10. Naked Apron-Senpai
11. Ryou
12. Hinako
13. Isami
14. Smoke

Hisako did much better than I expected, so I'll pretend the top 3 doesn't exist and just be happy with that.

Allaur

Hinamatsuri
I was just making pots...

Otoyomegatari 1-11
Finally began reading it. I'm impressed. I wasn't even thinking that there existed manga without any typical anime tropes. Somehow it reminds me about Mowgli. Art here is really great, like girls expressions a lot.

Relife
Despite last busy week had some time to read it. You know like some people fantasize about changing their past with a time machine? Well, I usually tend to fantasize about something like: "how would I've lived my life if I was able to return it time into my, for example, 8 years old body with my current knowledge and memory?". While this manga/webtoon not exactly about it, it still touches similiar topic. For now lovin it.

Soma

Futari no Renai Shoka (Our Romance Bookshelf) 1-5

iq07rvjt77IUn.png

And this is only the first chapter!

Seinen romance story about an older girl who runs a book store and a student falling in love with each other through their attachment to books. Pacing is fast as hell but I guess it's fine considering it's apparently only two volumes long. It's pretty cute so far and it's definitely scratching that fluffy romance story itch that I've been having recently.

also random nods to Lovecraft lol

Nordicus

Seinen romance story about an older girl who runs a book store and a student falling in love with each other through their attachment to books. Pacing is fast as hell but I guess it's fine considering it's apparently only two volumes long. It's pretty cute so far and it's definitely scratching that fluffy romance story itch that I've been having recently.

Well, the author's other series is centered around folklore from British literature with a decent effort put into details, and the central romance includes a mysterious skull-headed monster who uses dark magic, so I'm not too surprised about Lovecraft
Also fluffy as fuck. My ancient magus can't possibly be this cute

Soma

Well, the author's other series is centered around folklore from British literature with a decent effort put into details, and the central romance includes a mysterious skull-headed monster who uses dark magic, so I'm not too surprised about Lovecraft
Also fluffy as fuck. My ancient magus can't possibly be this cute

Ohhhhh didn't realize that was the same author.

That one's been on my backlog for a while.

Nordicus

Ohhhhh didn't realize that was the same author.

That one's been on my backlog for a while.
Yeah, took me a bit too, but then I saw one of the panels on the later bookshelf chapters and went "Wait, I recognize this weird perspective shot of the face!"

upandaway

Otoyomegatari 1-11
Finally began reading it. I'm impressed. I wasn't even thinking that there existed manga without any typical anime tropes. Somehow it reminds me about Mowgli. Art here is really great, like girls expressions a lot.
Yeah it's really unique, and just feels super nice to read. I'm still on around ch25 I think, gotta read more when I can

Costi still needs to read this, dude keeps dodging

rrc1594

Okay that explains 5 chapters in, and they are living together

Revo

I need some random recommendation of Comedy manga. So give you best MangaGaf

Does Pupa count as comedy

Only the anime.

Also quintuple second Kyou Kara Ore Wa

Other comedy:
Angel Densetsu
Binbougami ga!
Cross Game! (While sports, has a lot more comedy)
Great Teacher Onizuka
Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro
School Rumble (A lot of romance)
Sket Dance
The World God Only Knows (at least the first half)
Tonari no Seki-kun
Mob Psycho 100/ ONE things
Himouto! Umaru-chan
Gintama
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

Pretty much most of the big ones for me.

rrvv

Do you read Tonari no Seki-kun?

Kyou Kara Ore Wa
Yuri Mekuru Hibi
Gou-dere

Does Pupa count as comedy

Alright. What about these:?

Honto no Kanojo
Love Tyrant
Majo to Houki to Kurobuchi Megane
Aho Girl
T-rex na Kanojo
Yandere Kanojo

Voynich Hotel
School Rumble (not sure about manga, but I laughed like crazy when watched anime)
Nozaki-kun

Only the anime.

Also quintuple second Kyou Kara Ore Wa

Other comedy:
Angel Densetsu
Binbougami ga!
Cross Game! (While sports, has a lot more comedy)
Great Teacher Onizuka
Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro
School Rumble (A lot of romance)
Sket Dance
The World God Only Knows (at least the first half)
Tonari no Seki-kun
Mob Psycho 100/ ONE things
Himouto! Umaru-chan
Gintama
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

Pretty much most of the big ones for me.

Fujoshi :p

Dagashi Kashi
ReLIFE
Puchimasu
Dungeon Meshi

Thanks everyone for recommendation. I did seen few of this but nice to see some that I miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom