• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Cheaters Cheat.

Jason Sobel ‏@JasonSobelESPN 10m10 minutes ago
On this date 15 years ago, Tiger Woods won the U.S. Open by 15 strokes. Now he’s trailing by 15 strokes and losing to a 15-year-old.

Turn out the lights...

Tom Penny

On this date 15 years ago, Tiger Woods won the U.S. Open by 15 strokes. Now he’s trailing by 15 strokes and losing to a 15-year-old.

Turn out the lights...

I was at the range today and there was this little fucker probably like 6 or 7 who had better swings than most people there. People were actually stopping to watch him. He was just hitting at two different greens not far or anything but basically never missed. It was absurd.

WedgeX

Banned
With OTAs for the Lions complete, it's time for my annual Lions 2015 depth chart prediction challenge!

Following my off-season round-up.

Free Agent addition Rookie Currently injured No longer with Lions since 2014 season

QB: Stafford
WR: Megatron, Tate, Jones, Fuller, Moore, Broyles
RB: Bush, Bell, Riddick, Abdullah
TE: Pettigrew, Ebron, Ausberry, Fauria
RT: Hilliard, Waddle, Williams
RG: Warford
C: Raiola, Swanson
LG: Sims, Ramirez, Tomilson
LT: Reiff, Lucas

The Lions, having gotten rid of Raiola, Hilliard, and a very surprising Sims, now have the second youngest offensive line in the league. Megatron, hopefully healthy, and Tate continue to catch balls with ease while everyone else is a constant stream of ??????. I feel like Moore has been injured at every chance he has gotten to break out. And with the Lions past history, I foresee only doom in his future. Broyles' remains affected by the past Megatron Madden deflection curse and while I've always rooted for him to play a big role he might end up cut before the off-season is over. Fauria remains injured from a mysterious dog fucking incident, while Pettigrew and Ebron continue to merely exist. With Bush now back to California Abdullah has been a revelation while Bell rehabs. Dan Orlovsky remains on the depth chart behind Stafford so Stafford remains in charge.

DE: Ansah, Jones, Johnson, Taylor, Tapp, Webster
DT: Suh, Fairley, Mosley, Fluellen, Ngata, Walker, Reid, Wright, other people not on the Lions roster last year
MLB: Tulloch,
OLB: Levy, Van Noy, Whitehead, Palmer
CB: Slay, Mathis, Wilson, Lawson, Bentley, Carter, Diggs
FS: Ihedigbo
SS: Quin

While the outside of the defensive line remains largely unchanged, including an now oft-injured Jones, the interior is gutted. Well, Fluellen is certain to return to the Lions as he has every year, signing what has to be a league leading eight contracts in seven seasons with the Lions. Gone are the stomper (of Martha Ford's heart, no less) and the underperformer. In are a roider in Ngata and an under the radar pass rusher in Walker. Perhaps Reid, in studying under Suh this off-season, will break out. Or fully break Rodger's leg. Who can say. The Lions welcome back Tulloch and continue to have Levy who has become one of the premier 4-3 linebackers in the NFL. Whitehead stepped up admirably last year in place of dancing Tulloch and will fight with van Noy for the strong side spot as well as be a leader on special teams. Both Slay and Mathis return and each have brought stability to corner back. Mathis might ultimately become a safety for the Lions while mentoring younger cornerbacks. Near all of the stock of cornerbacks brought in under Schwartz, save Slay, are now gone with the recent cut of Bill Bentley and a new stock looks to replace them. There is even talk of utilizing the dime defense more often with the improved cornerback numbers but with how often they suffered dramatic, horrific injuries last year it will be nice if two stay healthy. The Lions return both safeties including Quin who picked up All Pro honors in addition to leading the league's safeties in interceptions.

K: Prater
P: Martin
LS: Muhlbach
KR/PR: Ross, Abdullah, Diggs, Broyles

Prater finally seemed back in step towards the end of last year. Martin was alright. Muhlbach is always great. Ross was extraordinarily mediocre and the Lions have made it a priority to have lots of rookies and eager receivers take reps returning the ball.

Godslay

Banned
Hi all, surgery was successful
Now onto Recovery and Rehabilitation stage
A lot of Occupational and Physical therapy ahead of me

New me:
Us2ATw6m.jpg

Also my back... Frankenstein Approved!
wTTlwE7s.jpg

Looking good man, glad things are working out.

I'm not sure if you've lost any weight, but your face looks a lot thinner than it did the last time I saw you.

espn's reporting is such fucking trash. i see a headline that says "Kaepernick to the Jets?" and within is john clayton saying "well IF the 49ers go 5-11 they may look to trade kaepernick! who knows!"

wtf kind of reporting is this? why isn't there an article that says "PEYTON MANNING RETIRING?" "TOM BRADY SUSPENSION REVERSED?" "KURT WARNER UNRETIRES?" "DEZ BRYANT TRADED?"

cause i could come up with a bunch of crap articles on all those topics and more!

zychi

Banned
espn's reporting is such fucking trash. i see a headline that says "Kaepernick to the Jets?" and within is john clayton saying "well IF the 49ers go 5-11 they may look to trade kaepernick! who knows!"

wtf kind of reporting is this? why isn't there an article that says "PEYTON MANNING RETIRING?" "TOM BRADY SUSPENSION REVERSED?" "KURT WARNER UNRETIRES?" "DEZ BRYANT TRADED?"

cause i could come up with a bunch of crap articles on all those topics and more!

Again, stop watching and giving ESPN hits. google can give you box scores. NFL.com and yahoo are better for articles. Schefter is a good follow on Twitter, but ignore everyone else.

People need to stop watching ESPN when its not a live game. Make them change their TMZ ways by tanking their ratings.

Again, stop watching and giving ESPN hits. google can give you box scores. NFL.com and yahoo are better for articles. Schefter is a good follow on Twitter, but ignore everyone else.

People need to stop watching ESPN when its not a live game. Make them change their TMZ ways by tanking their ratings.

i didn't. i went to yahoo for something and saw that headline. i clicked on it (which didn't direct to ESPN but to another site) and the guy wrote the article quoting john clayton

I want to see the "RAY LEWIS KILLS AGAIN?" headline

Fox318

Turn out the lights...
He fucked up his knees thinking he was gonna be a navy seal and he has a fucked up head and ego.

I just wish he would retire of just go to the senior tour at this point. You don't suddenly forget how to chip like he has.

Yup that's what I do, nfl.com and yahoo cover all my sport needs

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

"Brenda Warner giving out random handies to men in San Francisco?"

I predicted 10-6 last year and the team finished 9-7.

11-5 this year, beat Indy TWICE and make the playoffs.

Houston has zero offense and Indy has zero defense. I have no idea who to pick in that situation.

MechDX

"Brenda Warner giving out random handies to men in San Francisco?"

Houston has zero offense and Indy has zero defense. I have no idea who to pick in that situation.

Texans resigned the free agent RT, signed Polk as a free agent RB and drafted another RB this year after drafting one last year . They are going to run the Shit out of the ball and Mallett's arm can scare anyone enough to not dare stack the box.

Top 5 defense with a top running game.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
You shut your fucking mouth!

Okay but only because I'm getting FMT way too worked up.

Texans resigned the free agent RT, signed Polk as a free agent RB and drafted another RB this year after drafting one last year . They are going to run the Shit out of the ball and Mallett's arm can scare anyone enough to not dare stack the box.

Top 5 defense with a top running game.

:kas

Top Bottom