• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Mafia |OT| Grin and Bear It

Dammit AB I already agree with you. Don't hurt me again :(
Well, don't be Despair and I won't have to!
AB and I have a history. I was 100% joking and notice I never actually voted for him.
<3 I did laugh pretty hard when I was reading the thread, not gonna lie.

Will AbsolutBro >snip<

Please report to the thread?
I am also concerned about this; they are much too good to be this quiet.
Sorry, work was hectic and I was in meetings all freakin day. I've also been busy with b-day stuff, so not a lot of GAF for me today.

Now then:

unvote: KingKitty

I accept your defense for now. Every one makes mistakes now and then, and sometimes gambits just blow up in your face like a thermal detonator for a fake Undercover Imperial.
<3 you blarg

One thing I do want to get out there, especially for new players because it tripped me up in my first game:

Don't be afraid to speak up. More importantly: don't be afraid to speak up because you are worried about Punishing a Hope player.

Unless we are the absolute luckiest team in the history of Mafia, we WILL Punish one of our own. It is going to happen. It is an inevitability, for a simple reason: we greatly outnumber team Despair and generally always have less information. While I'm not saying we should Punish each other with wreckless abandon, we can't be so afraid of Punishing someone on team Hope that we don't act. My first game I was very silent because "wait, what if I'm wrong and he's town instead of mafia".

You will be wrong sometimes, and most of the time they will be town instead of mafia. It's all part of the game. We win as a team, or we lose as a team. You absolutely HAVE to keep that in mind in this game.

Swamped

Banned
Ok! I'm finally back from work!

Regarding my vote for swamped, as I stated, her posting habits did fit in with the logic I saw of making sure people know who you are by posting. I felt that she was suspicious because it seemed like she took it too far; she seemed to be engaging with almost every major poster directly, which somehow stands out to me.

So it stands out to you that I'm playing the game like I'm supposed to, with the power to vote that I have been given? I can see that you are suspicious of Crab too, I guess you feel this way about all high count posters. But this is how I play. I only lasted 1 day in the SW game, my first forum mafia, and I really regret not posting more and having fun with it.

So you believe swamped is trying to play a False Hope leader game?

I am honored and flattered that you think I'm a leader! Of course, it's to be expected. Now BOW DOWN!

Exactly that. She's toned it down since then, and others have now made themselves look worse, so I'm not too worried about her right now. I'll still be keeping an eye out, but then again I'm watching everyone.

Toned it down? I just got back from Body Toning, if anything I have toned it up! Anyway, I can usually post more on the weekends, but on the week days it's really difficult. I'm trying to follow along on my phone but it's challenging because I'm quite busy at work. It's healthy to be suspicious, but there may be other reasons for lower activity.

Swamped: The initial starting us off out of the gate seems pretty eager to get discussion rolling. But after that she does seem a bit quieter. I suppose it's only been a day, mind you, but I hope she'll continue to contribute

See above. I really do want to contribute though!

And I just want to make sure that I still find swamped suspicious, she seems to tone down her strategy instead of defending it, as if we caught her and decided to ly down for a bit.

Maybe I am reading to much into it, but she is my prime suspect, all the others seem to be making unremarkable mistakes so far and I do see others that might be acting weird, but nothing too dramatic.

Like I said to Rest, there are actual real life reasons I can't contribute as much during the weekdays. I was extremely eager to get the game started though since nobody had posted when the game opened. I feared a stagnant first day.

Actually...maybe I SHOULD tone it down. Isn't it always the loud ones who die first? Goddammit I really wanted to make it to Day 2 this time lol.

Ok, now that I'm finally home, I'm going to read through the thread again properly. I owe Sawneeks my top three suspects as I recall.

Swamped

Banned
Ok, so, my top three suspects (in no particular order):

1. Hagi - Post 647 is particularly striking to me, for two reasons. Hagi votes KingKitty, quoting some of the same logic others have. He is the 4th or 5th person to vote. It feels like he's hopping onto a wagon. I guess I feel this way because I am not yet convinced of KK's scuminess, although I did miss out on stuff while I was at work so maybe a re-read is needed. Secondly, he says SalvaPot is suspicious for his no vote. This just doesn't seem like a very original thing to say. Despair trying to hide behind logic that was presented by other players in order to appear Hope?

2. Makai - a lot of empty posts, artifically trying to get post count up? He makes me nervous

3. Franconp - We know there aren't any jesters in GAFia games so why bring it up? His three most suspicious people were the three from the bottom, not a very inspired way to come up with a suspect list...

I should add that I'm specifically looking at posters with low to middling activity. I feel like this would be the easiest way for Despair to slip in unnoticed. In my limited GAFia experience this is where the scum lies.

Anyway, these are just thoughts for now. Of course, anything can change and I'm willing to hear thoughts. Still days until the deadline, so if I vote for you, please don't think it's because I want you to be punished in the most gruesome way possible, it's just to let other students know where my thoughts currently lie.

franconp

3. Franconp - We know there aren't any jesters in GAFia games so why bring it up? His three most suspicious people were the three from the bottom, not a very inspired way to come up with a suspect list...

I know there isn't a jester in the game, I just said that if there was a jester that would be the kind of post that he would make. That's why I asked him to explain that post, that was the most suspicious post so far and I don't think it was a mistake so why did he make it? That was what I was asking.

I never said that those three were the most suspicious people, read the post again. I even said that I don't think that goshujinsama is Despair and want to give Kingkitty the benefit of the doubt. I just share my point of view on the most controversial subjects at that moment. They were the focus of discussion at that point so I talked about them. If you want to know my three more suspicious players:

1. Makai: I have already said why I think so.
2. A Human Becoming: He didn't gave us any opinion so far, he says he is taking notes and thinking but I think he is just diverting attention and looking to not give info on purpose.
3. Hagi: Low post count, almost all of the few post that he made were saying he was busy and was going to read the thread later so that makes me think he is sort of following the thread and posting a bit only to not look suspicious. His last post (the only one were he made a contribution to the game) I found it a little contradictory, first doubting goshujinsama and then voting for kingkitty because he doubted goshujinsama.

Special Mention ANuclearError: I don't have a clue about him. Just 1 post since the game started. I have been trying to call him out to know a little more about him but nothing so far. That doesn't help town at all.

Lots of good back and forth.

I'm adding Pau and Barrylocke to my town-likely list. Good posts to learn from.

I agree with the poster that suggests that we should always have an active vote against someone, if only to keep generating intel on the players at this early stage of the game.

For now:

Vote: ANuclearError

kingkitty

kingkitty, I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you dug yourself a hole with this post:

Not sure how you were willing to give me the benefit of the doubt, but yet that post you're quoting was what broke the camels back. Seems odd I guess, maybe you're despair trying to look "reasonable" by saying that you would have given me the "benefit of the doubt", if only I didn't elaborate on my thought patterns.

Could be despair who wants to bandwagon. I seem to be a popular target, why not.

I don't really have a choice at this point.

You always have a choice. There's no gun to your heart. But if you believe in the narrative that I'm an incompetent despair, then so be it.

You also seem pretty set on getting up in Crab's grill. You seem awfully combative, mostly unnecessarily, despite him being pretty straight forward.

Maybe you're despair trying to weaken crab's armor, who is arguably the most experienced player in the game, who could potentially foil the plans of team despair.

vote: Rest

After my failed plan, I didn't really want to vote for anyone else, but I suppose I shouldn't slink back and not participate in the voting process. So my vote goes to Rest. For now.

In terms of other possible candidates, I still won't consider voting for makai, franconp, absolutbro on day 1. Since they were mafia last game, and I'm sticking to my probability argument, for now. But note that just because I won't consider them for day 1, it doesn't mean I don't think it's impossible for them to be mafia in this game. It's just a little less likely according to the probability gods.

I was interrupted as I was posting before. I wanted to add my reasons for choosing ANuclearError. Chiefly, our game had started before the other two, so there has been enough time for the late comers to at least post a comment. ANuclearError’s post count is at 2 at the moment, and only 1 since the game officially started. This is not good for town, I believe. I would like to see more effort from the low post-count players. I am including myself in this, and I am making said effort.

Additionally, I am putting my suspicion on ViviOggi. Twice he has jumped on to bandwagon votes quite late, and this has been noticed.

Makai

kingkitty, unless Launchpad is pulling some shenanigans, the probability of veteran mafia players being Mafia is equal to the probability of veteran town and neutral being mafia. The selection processes are not linked. See: gambler's fallacy.

He probably is :U

ViviOggi

Additionally, I am putting my suspicion on ViviOggi. Twice he has jumped on to bandwagon votes quite late, and this has been noticed.
Oh please. Reread posts #501 onwards (I'm on mobile so no links, sorry): AbsolutBro and CzarTim vote kingkitty only for his presumed role fishing, note that CzarTim does very little explaining on his own choice while boldly questioning various players about small details, which I already noted as potentially suspicious. I'm still not entirely sure about his alignment but for now I'm leaning towards Hope.

These are the only two votes for kingkitty so far, and they're both based on one single factor. Then kingkitty calls me out on the basis of faulty research, which I refute but make the mistake of thinking him making a typo while Ctrl+F'ing somehow supports him being Hope. CornBurrito's reactive vote comes in (which I believe he elaborates on later), at which point I've already realized my own mistake and am in the process of typing #515, strongly suspecting kingkitty based on a line of thought not uttered before. How you could call this a bandwagon vote, and a late one at that, is beyond me.

----------------

Anyway, I don't want to look like I'm lurking and only jumping in to defend myself. Once I'm actually awake and have caught up with everything I'll post some more reads/thoughts.

Oh please. Reread posts #501 onwards (I'm on mobile so no links, sorry): AbsolutBro and CzarTim vote kingkitty only for his presumed role fishing, note that CzarTim does very little explaining on his own choice while boldly questioning various players about small details, which I already noted as potentially suspicious. I'm still not entirely sure about his alignment but for now I'm leaning towards Hope.

These are the only two votes for kingkitty so far, and they're both based on one single factor. Then kingkitty calls me out on the basis of faulty research, which I refute but make the mistake of thinking him making a typo while Ctrl+F'ing somehow supports him being Hope. CornBurrito's reactive vote comes in (which I believe he elaborates on later), at which point I've already realized my own mistake and am in the process of typing #515, strongly suspecting kingkitty based on a line of thought not uttered before. How you could call this a bandwagon vote, and a late one at that, is beyond me.

----------------

Anyway, I don't want to look like I'm lurking and only jumping in to defend myself. Once I'm actually awake and have caught up with everything I'll post some more reads/thoughts.

Calm down. There is no need to be hyper-defensive. My vote is on the inactive ANuclearError. I was only thinking out loud with your name, since I believe it is good policy to assess all the players and to see what reactions come back.

Your reasoning is sound. I am removing you from my suspicion list for now.

ViviOggi

Calm down. There is no need to be hyper-defensive. My vote is on the inactive ANuclearError. I was only thinking out loud with your name, since I believe it is good policy to assess all the players and to see what reactions come back.

Your reasoning is sound. I am removing you from my suspicion list for now.
I didn't mean to come off as aggressive, apologies. What you did is fair. In my defense I haven't even had coffee yet!

ViviOggi

Here goes:

Rest vs Crab strikes me as odd for a number of reasons. Crab makes a valid point in suggesting that we don't get lost focusing on kingkitty, and while he was indeed hesitant to judge the issue himself until challenged to do so I think reading his posts as deflection is reaching. Rest goes in on Crab relentlessly based on this, but doesn't really make a strong argument rather than simply repeating his core points multiple times. Possibly trying to take out an experienced Hope player early?

However, going back to this conversation I also noticed that Crab, while generally making sound arguments regarding the current game, has been extremely meta in the majority of his posts starting from #528. He keeps talking about how people should play, referencing previous games and so on. I get that he's one of the most experienced players but I have to question whether all these little nuggets actually help Hope or if he isn't trying to set up an elaborate scum smokescreen / leader position to influence popular opinion later on. For now I'm split over this but felt it was worth noting.

What I'm not split over however is A Human Becoming. He claims to be taking his time analyzing, even taking notes (#600, 608), but when others keep voting for him all he provides are two trivial reads on rather old posts (#610, #611), and silence since. I can relate to being wary of speaking up as a new player but honestly, this is practically nothing. I'm keeping my vote on kingkitty for now because I'm still leaning towards flustered Despair flailing and there's no danger of ending the day early, but AHB is highly suspicious to me.

kingkitty

kingkitty, unless Launchpad is pulling some shenanigans, the probability of veteran mafia players being Mafia is equal to the probability of veteran town and neutral being mafia. The selection processes are not linked. See: gambler's fallacy.

He probably is :U

I know it's not linked, but I still think you have to be a little lucky to become mafia twice in a row. It could be gambler's fallacy, but eh! It's just something I've considered for day 1.

*Splinter

I know it's not linked, but I still think you have to be a little lucky to become mafia twice in a row. It could be gambler's fallacy, but eh! It's just something I've considered for day 1.
No it literally is gamblers fallacy, I won't keep posting on this as I don't want to derail the thread but past Mafia have literally the same chance as anyone else to be Despair.

That's another strange argument from you - suggesting we ignore certain players with reasoning that is demonstrably untrue. My vote will probably go back to Kitty when we get closer to the end of day 1, for now though I too am unsatisfied with Human's response. I don't want to pile on a new player unreasonably but that felt like a very token effort.

No offense but you are either Despair or doing their work for them.

kingkitty

No offense but you are either Despair or doing their work for them.

Did I smack a baby or something? I don't think it's a big deal to say you have to be a little lucky to be mafia twice in a row. In terms of picking people, I'm using this gut logic to not pick those particular people for Day 1. It doesn't mean I'm not going to consider them for the rest of the game, but on Day 1 where we have the least amount of info, that's what I'm going with.

Lets not get sidetracked, if you don't accept it, that's neat. This is what I'm doing for the time being.

kingkitty

You know what, after drinking this cold coffee, I'll retract my comment about the mafia probability bit. If you see my post, and your fingers are about to type "gambler's fallacy" and maybe even a "are u despair", as a reply, please don't. I've officially retracted it.

Ultimately my logic had more gut than true blue mathematical reasoning. But it if appeases the school, I'll back down, just as I did for my last play. I doubt it'll change the minds of people who already have my ticket. But hey, my death might turn out to be a positive for the town, (I imagine some might strongly disagree).

CzarTim

You know what, after drinking this cold coffee, I'll retract my comment about the mafia probability bit. If you see my post, and your fingers are about to type "gambler's fallacy" and maybe even a "are u despair", as a reply, please don't. I've officially retracted it.

Ultimately my logic had more gut than true blue mathematical reasoning. But it if appeases the school, I'll back down, just as I did for my last play. I doubt it'll change the minds of people who already have my ticket. But hey, my death might turn out to be a positive for the town, (I imagine some might strongly disagree).

<3 I believe you king.

ViviOggi

Kitty if your goal is to confuse people you've succeeded

I cannot fathom why you would keep doing this as a Hope player

Is there some kind of chaos role? (not actually fishing)

ViviOggi

but you can fathom me doing this as a despair player?
Maybe you feel your hole is too deep to argue yourself out of at this point so you're trying to sound completely over-the-top with your "ready to die" attitude and weird statements so more people think you're too easy of a target, but I don't know either. I'm confused.

Hagi

Ok, so, my top three suspects (in no particular order):

1. Hagi - Post 647 is particularly striking to me, for two reasons. Hagi votes KingKitty, quoting some of the same logic others have. He is the 4th or 5th person to vote. It feels like he's hopping onto a wagon. I guess I feel this way because I am not yet convinced of KK's scuminess, although I did miss out on stuff while I was at work so maybe a re-read is needed. Secondly, he says SalvaPot is suspicious for his no vote. This just doesn't seem like a very original thing to say. Despair trying to hide behind logic that was presented by other players in order to appear Hope?

Is originality supposed to be a thing with voting? I was asked my thoughts to get me to contribute more and I gave them. It's day one and the only three people I think are suspicious I gave my reasons for, if my reasoning is flimsy it's probably because there isn't really a lot to go on outside of kingkittys erratic posts. I'm not sure how agreeing with other people makes me suspicious outside of you grasping at straws.

I only mentioned Salva because I didn't agree with his no vote but most of you are working with knowledge of outside games I'm not aware of which is why I noted there seems to be precedence of his and now Makai going for a no vote.

Hagi: Low post count, almost all of the few post that he made were saying he was busy and was going to read the thread later so that makes me think he is sort of following the thread and posting a bit only to not look suspicious. His last post (the only one were he made a contribution to the game) I found it a little contradictory, first doubting goshujinsama and then voting for kingkitty because he doubted goshujinsama.

The only reason I didn't vote for goshujinsama is because him seemingly revealing his role and I don't think it's worth the risk lynching him considering out of all us he's the most likely to be Hope right now.. As for me posting and telling you I was busy it's because I was and didn't want to get prodded for inactivity then replaced.

Disclaimer: Out of habit I edited in a missing "the" right after posting.

Don't let it happen again.

J6K6zFo.jpg

Kalor

is kingkitty drawing attention to himself on purpose to deflect our attention away from any people in particular?

I feel like you might be overthinking kingkitty's behaviour. However I went through some pages and no-one stands out that they could be diverting attention from. It wouldn't be a good idea to deflect attention away from someone else anyway as if that is the case then we could in theory find two Despair.

I don't remember if I said anything about my opinion of Kingkitty but I don't think they are Despair. Their behaviour just doesn't seem like something a Despair member would do. They've been bringing attention to themselves (purposely or accidently) which wouldn't be a good strategy, especially on the first day. Of course this could be some big play but at this stage I don't think that is the case.

CzarTim

Mak completely dodging making any reads is super weird, and my vote is staying put. Salva is just as bad. These two are vets and should know better.

Crab and swamped are top posters driving the conversation. Both seem to be pinging lower content posters, which is exactly what town wants on day one. Mafia only benefit from sliding by.

King is making himself way too big of a target to be scum. I can't be 100% sure, of course, but I just really doubt it.

Still don't understand why TB took so long to unvote gosh, also completely avoided my questions towards him.

Now for the Newbie Jitters©®™ posters. Newbie Jitters©®™ is not indicative of alignment either way. Forum mafia is a very weird game because it feels so different playing it than reading it. It can take a few game days to find your footing. So it's really hard to parse when newbies are being scummy for being scummy or because they are town suffering from extreme Newbie Jitters©®™.

kgtrep - I don't think a mafia member would try to "call" the scum team on day one. I think it'd be pretty hilarious if hagi, splinter, and saw did turn out to be the bad guys. traube 2.0?
Corn - pinged me a lot at first with his early posts, but it almost seems too obvious to be scum.
Splinter - his initial reaction was super scummy, but he's calmed down a lot. Kind of null to me right now.
Rest - super aggressive towards crab. Reminding me a lot of raindoc last game, which is not great. Crab has been on point imo.
Human - I know he called me out, but that's kind of all he's done so far. I expect to see some more content from him.
gosh - revealing his role too early is disappointing. could be a ploy, but not worth testing this early.

---------------

That's all that popped out to me now. Everyone else is middle of the road.

CzarTim

to clarify re: Salva: I know he has said he's suspicious of swamped but voting no lynch is not helpful. If you think she's scummy, vote for her.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Still don't understand why TB took so long to unvote gosh, also completely avoided my questions towards him.
The vote thing is just because I don't unvote without voting someone else unless They're about to be dogpiled.

As for your comments, I read them while a bunch of good discussion and I didn't want to derail the trains of thought to explain a cut and dry situation.

On a different note:

Are were seriously still tunneling on kingkitty? The more we focus on him, the less info we will get when we actually have a shot at a educated guess at dispair. If you really want to vote him today, do it near the end of the phase, not when we still have 24 hours on the clock.

kgtrep

Here is what happened with my cards. It should help us with our investigation on Day 2.

You must bear in mind that I had said No, and I will keep repeating that if you don't believe me.

1. Terrabyte20xx - questions the role of the cards, no answer (#372)
2. Barrylock - questions the role of the cards, no answer (#384)
3. Kalor - No (#385)
4. Zippedpinhead - No (#409)
5. swamped - comments on the design (#419)
6. Makai - No (#431)
7. Rest - No (#447)
8. A Human Becoming - No (#467)
9. goshujinsama - No (#477)

----

I was occupied last night reading how Aristagoras led a revolt, and trust me, it's way more interesting than Pau's study on subnational variation in Colombia if you could understand his mind at the time.

The adiaphorism essentially saves hillside leaderships from abandoning immaturely. Damages dominate country taxing followed anteriorly.

Seriously, isn't that cool?

kgtrep

franconp and ViviOggi mentioned jester and chaos roles, and as a first-timer, I am not familiar with either of them.

Given that there are many new players distributed among the three games, I think for now we should just assume "standard" roles like a detective and a doctor (I don't know what other roles are standard).

CzarTim

franconp and ViviOggi mentioned jester and chaos roles, and as a first-timer, I am not familiar with either of them.

Given that there are many new players distributed among the three games, I think for now we should just assume "standard" roles like a detective and a doctor (I don't know what other roles are standard).

"assuming" any role is dangerous. neither SW or AC had doctors and the first game had no cop.

Setup speculation is generally not helpful to town this early as it distracts from scum hunting. Jesters are frowned upon here, so don't worry about those.

franconp

When I asked makai if he was a jester I was being sarcastic, unfortunately it doesn't goes well with a written medium. If he was scummy that post didn't helped him at all. I wanted to know why he did it.

kgtrep

"assuming" any role is dangerous. neither SW or AC had doctors and the first game had no cop.

Setup speculation is generally not helpful to town this early as it distracts from scum hunting. Jesters are frowned upon here, so don't worry about those.

When I asked makai if he was a jester I was being sarcastic, unfortunately it doesn't goes well with a written medium. If he was scummy that post didn't helped him at all. I wanted to know why he did it.

Heh, if you're hopeful, please see my post above.

ViviOggi

I said that jokingly because it'd be the only way I could make sense out of kingkitty's posts. I don't know if such a role even exists (well, aside from Mafia who would want to spread chaos in one way or another).

ViviOggi

On a different note:

Are were seriously still tunneling on kingkitty? The more we focus on him, the less info we will get when we actually have a shot at a educated guess at dispair. If you really want to vote him today, do it near the end of the phase, not when we still have 24 hours on the clock.

No one's tunneling really, kingkitty posted and people reacted. Who would you rather focus on?

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
No one's tunneling really, kingkitty posted and people reacted. Who would you rather focus on?
Literally anyone else. We practically know all there is to know about kingkitty at this moment in time.

I do have an idea, but I need to go back and re read so I don't assume something that could've all been in my head.

kGTrep, I'm still interested in what your little game is supposed to do. It's weird.

It's also very dangerous to assume roles, something I definately can relate to from my previous experience. Hoping that someone can investigate or protect when that specific ability does not exist. Also keeps town on edge towards the end of the game, because we never know what the scum have left.

Czartim, I liked your analysis on the newbies, helped me to get a different read on them.

I'm not changing my vote, I'm still not convinced that I shouldn't vote for a human becoming.

Pau

I don't think we should assume specific roles, but assuming that there are power roles for Hope and Despair doesn't seem too far-fetched? Worst case scenario for today is lynching a Hope power role and since Hope role claims will almost definitely result in a night kill, it does make me a bit anxious when voting for people.

That said, I still think we should vote for someone today, but there's always that little nagging doubt of wondering if killing this person leaves us worse off tomorrow than we are today. So while I understand the inclination towards no vote, it's not like our odds of not killing a Hope power role are going to be that much better tomorrow (and the day after) so better to get the ball rolling now.

Maybe I'm not thinking about it correctly, but what could we learn tomorrow that significantly changes whether or not we should lynch? The only exceptional thing I'm imagining is having no kills tonight which would suggest a doctor/bodyguard/whatever role, but we're not really any closer to not targeting that person by chance.

kgtrep

I said that jokingly because it'd be the only way I could make sense out of kingkitty's posts. I don't know if such a role even exists (well, aside from Mafia who would want to spread chaos in one way or another).

kGTrep, I'm still interested in what your little game is supposed to do. It's weird.

It's also very dangerous to assume roles, something I definately can relate to from my previous experience. Hoping that someone can investigate or protect when that specific ability does not exist. Also keeps town on edge towards the end of the game, because we never know what the scum have left.

I am providing tool for the future. It's novel to everyone, so I had better see some of you Hope read the manual on Night 1 and use it undetected.

Swamped

Banned
I don't think we should assume specific roles, but assuming that there are power roles for Hope and Despair doesn't seem too far-fetched? Worst case scenario for today is lynching a Hope power role and since Hope role claims will almost definitely result in a night kill, it does make me a bit anxious when voting for people.

That said, I still think we should vote for someone today, but there's always that little nagging doubt of wondering if killing this person leaves us worse off tomorrow than we are today. So while I understand the inclination towards no vote, it's not like our odds of not killing a Hope power role are going to be that much better tomorrow (and the day after) so better to get the ball rolling now.

Maybe I'm not thinking about it correctly, but what could we learn tomorrow that significantly changes whether or not we should lynch? The only exceptional thing I'm imagining is having no kills tonight which would suggest a doctor/bodyguard/whatever role, but we're not really any closer to not targeting that person by chance.

I agree that we should punish someone today, even if the chances of hitting our own are high. But think of it this way - there can't be that many power roles, right? I think the chances of punishing an ordinary student are way higher than not. Also, we have to Hope that if the votes are piling on a RP, they hint at it. And when they are gone, we can look back at their posts AND people who replied to their posts to make a more informed decision the next day.

For now I'm comfortable keeping my vote on Hagi unless something drastic happens, but there is still time to change it of course.

Swamped

Banned
I agree that we should punish someone today, even if the chances of hitting our own are high. But think of it this way - there can't be that many power roles, right? I think the chances of punishing an ordinary student are way higher than not. Also, we have to Hope that if the votes are piling on a RP, they hint at it. And when they are gone, we can look back at their posts AND people who replied to their posts to make a more informed decision the next day.

For now I'm comfortable keeping my vote on Hagi unless something drastic happens, but there is still time to change it of course.

"And when they are gone" by 'they' I mean the ordinary student.

Top Bottom