• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Mafia |OT| Grin and Bear It

Sawneeks

Banned
Essentially: as a mafia, I very rarely have my vote on the person who gets lynched, because people suspect that. There are probably going to be 5 mafia in this game and 18 town; there's easily enough town to lead an all-town wrong lynch on someone, especially right now when it only takes about 3 votes because we're so divided. Right now, I would suspect someone who has managed to avoid every single major wagon, because they cover a diverse array of players that many people have fairly good reason to suspect. It seems implausible you couuld have not once voted for any of those players. So, that leads me to suspect kgtrep, who has done just that.

Solid reasoning. But why ping kgtrep over Rest or even King? King is still the most suspicious and confusing person on that list and Rest isn't exactly free with his push against Swamped and her posting habits and his argument with you in which he says a lot but nothing at the same time.

ok, so just to be clear you think fran and crab are working together or you think fran piggybacked on an easy vote?

Yes. And I think Crab was taking advantage of Makai's numerous blunders to set up a Hope PR D1 lynch.

I will note that this post by Crab

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=174311094&postcount=905

Makes it sound like he suspected Makai was a TOWN PR.

But in this post after I call him out on it: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=174325503&postcount=965

He changes it to "actually I suspected he was a PR, but it could have been ANY PR."

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
As a side note, I'm not necessarily telling the truth when I give an explanation for why I voted, but I'm still giving you something that you can question me about now (like you are doing). Suppose I'd never done that. Do you think we could be having this discussion? Do you think the discussion would even have come towards me?

kgtrep

Essentially: as a mafia, I very rarely have my vote on the person who gets lynched, because people suspect that. There are probably going to be 5 mafia in this game and 18 town; there's easily enough town to lead an all-town wrong lynch on someone, especially right now when it only takes about 3 votes because we're so divided. Right now, I would suspect someone who has managed to avoid every single major wagon, because they cover a diverse array of players that many people have fairly good reason to suspect. It seems implausible you couuld have not once voted for any of those players. So, that leads me to suspect kgtrep, who has done just that.

At this rate I might be forced to vote for someone else to prevent a tie, though, given we have 9 minutes.

Thanks, but I believe the reason I didn't get any votes since *Splinter had retracted his is that I have consistently argued as a pro-Hope.

The card game that I came up with actually had three means to find the mafia, two of which I hinted at already. I really wouldn't go out of my way to design such thing unless I were Hope and want all of us Hope to win.

Yes, my suspicion of *Splinter, Hagi, and Sawneeks is narrow-minded and I do not have much proof, but at the very least, I have been consistent with my choices for Day 1 vote. It sounds like you got hurt that a first-timer played this game better than you did.

It would be stupid for Despair to bandwagon against someone this early on. They have a forum to coordinate so I doubt they would make that mistake. Maybe Franconp or Swaneeks saw the vote and went with it but I doubt more than one of them is Despair.

I agree. Which is why I think it is franconp instead of Sawneeks. I doubt it is all three of them.

But it might be Sawneeks and not franconp. Sawneeks posted reasoning though, hence why I lean franconp. Though posting reasoning makes it seem less attached to Crab which might be what Despair would do. I'd honestly really just go after Crab.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Solid reasoning. But why ping kgtrep over Rest or even King? King is still the most suspicious and confusing person on that list and Rest isn't exactly free with his push against Swamped and her posting habits and his argument with you in which he says a lot but nothing at the same time.

I don't think king is scum because voting for a known PR when under suspiscion anyone is a pretty crazy gambit if you are scum, and I don't think Rest is scum because he pushed on me when I was in a strong position earlier which isn't the easiest route to take. I might be wrong, but they're not on my list.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Yo, CornBurrito, stop trying to get other people to vote for me while keeping your own hands clean. Almost all of your recent posts have been focused on me and not francop, so why are you pussy-footing around insisting you're really concerned about francop despite trying to get the wagon rolling in my direction? If you're going to throw shade, back it with a vote. Get your hands dirty.

Come at me bro.

As a side note, I'm not necessarily telling the truth when I give an explanation for why I voted, but I'm still giving you something that you can question me about now (like you are doing). Suppose I'd never done that. Do you think we could be having this discussion? Do you think the discussion would even have come towards me?

If you are Hope, what purpose does making me not trust you serve?

Unless you are trying to imply you'd have never made this mistakes if you were actually Despair because they put you under the spotlight. But that's sort of saying "if I were actually Despair I'd never make a mistake so you wouldn't know".

*Splinter

I just noticed that during the Crab vs Rest exchange. Terrabyte defended Crab. And then voted for Rest due to the exchange. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=174125277&postcount=703

And he is defending Crab yet again, his trust entirely undiminished.

Now I also voted for Rest and was/am suspicious. Just pointing this out for future use.
I noticed lol, and with such a weak defense. It obviously hurts Crab in my eyes but I don't think Terrabyte has been a accused by that many people(?)

Regarding kgtrep: His very first vote (for me, not that it matters) was based on him watching people's forum activity to see who was watching but not posting. While I strongly disapprove of this sort of play (outside the spirit of the game) it seems way more likely to be a townie desperate for information than a mafia doing it for lols. I can't see him being anything other than town. (I know I posted earlier against making absolute statements of strategy. If I am wrong, well played I guess.)

I'm curious why you'd pick him anyway. It doesn't fit your usual reason of least active/informative. Surely there are others who weren't involved in bandwagons? Pau? Kalor?

Yo, CornBurrito, stop trying to get other people to vote for me while keeping your own hands clean. Almost all of your recent posts have been focused on me and not francop, so why are you pussy-footing around insisting you're really concerned about francop despite trying to get the wagon rolling in my direction? If you're going to throw shade, back it with a vote. Get your hands dirty.

Come at me bro.

Because I don't think people are going to go after you on D1. Nor do I expect them to. I've stated numerous times I've wanted to vote for you today. But I'd settle for franconp. If people DO start voting for you, you're damn right that I'd join them.

I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty. But franconp is an easier pill for people to swallow than Crab.

CzarTim

corn, what I am saying is if your suspicion on two people rest solely on the guilt of one person, why not just vote for that one person. Im not saying I agree with your assessment (I don't), it's just weird.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks, but I believe the reason I didn't get any votes since *Splinter had retracted his is that I have consistently argued as a pro-Hope.

I'm not concerned with why you haven't been voted. I'm concerned with why you haven't been voting others.

The card game that I came up with actually had three means to find the mafia, two of which I hinted at already. I really wouldn't go out of my way to design such thing unless I were Hope and want all of us Hope to win.

I would, so I could say this. :3

Yes, my suspicion of *Splinter, Hagi, and Sawneeks is narrow-minded and I do not have much proof, but at the very least, I have been consistent with my choices for Day 1 vote. It sounds like you got hurt that a first-timer played this game better than you did.

Nah, see, I'm actually *worried* about the consistent part. Why are you consistently voting for people that nobody else is? Why are your reads so wildly different to the rest of town's?

SalvaPot

Pro-tip: I already have guessed about three to four players I think are at least somewhat likely to be town PRs. I have also guessed a further pool of about four more players I think are almost guaranteed to be town. Do you think this is useful information to be made public? How do you think Despair will respond to this information?

By killing you, obviously. But I feel mafia will keep you alive because you seem like a prime suspect in a lot of peoples minds.

I want to say that I have no reason to suspect crab just yet, he is, well, consistent and I feel we are descending into conspiracy theory territory. Granted, this is normal in a mafia game but lets try to also get more people in the discussion. Can everyone please give us an opinion on crab? He is clearly the more experienced player here so I think its good to have this out of the way know.

Sawneeks

Banned
I agree. Which is why I think it is franconp instead of Sawneeks. I doubt it is all three of them.

But it might be Sawneeks and not franconp. Sawneeks posted reasoning though, hence why I lean franconp. Though posting reasoning makes it seem less attached to Crab which might be what Despair would do. I'd honestly really just go after Crab.

We keep falling back on Makai when we really need to be focusing on what to do for Day 1 so I will make this quick. Crab's initial big push towards Makai in the last few pages was what got me to go back and reread everything again. It was there I noticed how empty Makai's posts were and how much they repeated without giving out any new information despite being asked. I've done this on a couple occasions where I see a push towards someone, I go back and read to get my own feelings on it, and then post about it if I feel it is indeed something to go after. If it's not something I agree with, I don't add my vote to the count. Which is why I'm not voting now for kgtrep, Crab, or anyone else. I need to read more and get my own thoughts straight.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Regarding kgtrep: His very first vote (for me, not that it matters) was based on him watching people's forum activity to see who was watching but not posting. While I strongly disapprove of this sort of play (outside the spirit of the game) it seems way more likely to be a townie desperate for information than a mafia doing it for lols. I can't see him being anything other than town. (I know I posted earlier against making absolute statements of strategy. If I am wrong, well played I guess.)

I'm curious why you'd pick him anyway. It doesn't fit your usual reason of least active/informative. Surely there are others who weren't involved in bandwagons? Pau? Kalor?

Pau was on Salva and Makai. Kalor is still on Rest now. I'm also having to switch things up a little because we are very time-limited, there's no room for the slow burn.

corn, what I am saying is if your suspicion on two people rest solely on the guilt of one person, why not just vote for that one person. Im not saying I agree with your assessment (I don't), it's just weird.

I absolutely agree. I thought I was very open about this fact. I'm suspicious of franconp and Sawneeks ONLY because of the timing of their posts after Crab voted for Makai. I said I would test my hypothesis. If franconp is Despair, I'll be nearly 100% certain Crab is Despair.

There's nobody I distrust more at this particular moment than Crab. But I don't think people will vote for him because there are people who still trust him. Which might be good since I could be totally fucking wrong. I don't have a good second vote target, which is why my vote for franconp seems so out of place. Though if franconp is Hope, it would cool a lot of my suspicion for Crab.

*Splinter

Come at me bro.
VOTE: Crab

*Splinter

Pau was on Salva and Makai. Kalor is still on Rest now. I'm also having to switch things up a little because we are very time-limited, there's no room for the slow burn.
Sorry for not checking through everyone but I'm also struggling for time

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I absolutely agree. I thought I was very open about this fact. I'm suspicious of franconp and Sawneeks ONLY because of the timing of their posts after Crab voted for Makai. I said I would test my hypothesis. If franconp is Despair, I'll be nearly 100% certain Crab is Despair.

There's nobody I distrust more at this particular moment than Crab. But I don't think people will vote for him because there are people who still trust him. Which might be good since I could be totally fucking wrong. I don't have a good second vote target, which is why my vote for franconp seems so out of place. Though if franconp is Hope, it would cool a lot of my suspicion for Crab.

You are literally the only vote on francop. I am under fire from both Vivi and *Splinter. You're not telling the truth. Why?

I meant exactly what I said: Care to post your reads as of right now?

And your vote seems odd, if you find me suspicious, shouldn't you discount my criteria?

Your criteria is great, and it makes sense. I was just pointing out how it could just as easily be pointed at you too. You are probably Hope, but you are not likely to be punished (neither am I I think today).

My thoughts haven't changed on crab, czartim or cornburrito. I agree with crab's current assessment of kgtrep, he is sketchy but I personally don't find him votable.

Absolutbro im willing to give a day or so to come back, *assessment based on former gameplay incoming*. He is playing similar to how he played when he was town, so I'll give him another day and see how it goes from there.

Francorp - no clue, seems town aligned but It's not a confident read, he could easily be nuetral

Vivioggi - new player jitters, and I probably bandwagons after reading crabs assessment. Kinda sketchy before his large post, but it was really well thought out.

Sawneeks - level headed and well thought out- town

Barrylocke - where have you been? Largely missing for today with not much to post. Is a day late and a dollar short to the rest vs makai post craziness... Leaning mafia

Pau - no read whatsoever

*splinter - posted a lot about how the game works, but not a lot of analysis from the last day or so... Leaning mafi

Swamped - I have no read from her. Posts some reads but largely throws it up in the air saying "you are all simulataneously trustworthy and scummy". Could be mafia ploy could be hope being overwhelmed

Salvapot - kinda against swamped but not a lot of analysis on anyone else. Leaning town because of tunnel vision being more a town thing (mafia has more information so they tend to throw more weight around their light posting.

Kgtrep- I agree with crabs assessment but not enough to vote for him

Makai - see my previous post, could be a mafia ploy abusing knowledge of the lore behind our game, could be a legit role claim. If it's legit there is no way despair lets him live more than a few nights. He would be too juicy a target to them a garaunteed role kill.

These are coming in really quick and without much reasoning. Odd

Its the end of the day, especially first day things tend to be jumbled, and I have decided to vote today, I'm also at work and posting from my phone, so I a lot of time I am forgetting to post something until I come back to my phone and then when I read what has happened I realize that I should switch my vote.

Oh and

Vote:barrylocke

Based on this assessment of most of the players in the game I realize that the way you are playing is the most scummy to me. I hope you can prove me wrong tomorrow
and *meta gaming incoming* I am 1/1 on games where you got killed night 1 and 0/1 on games where you lived. Joking about that reasoning but the other reason stands

You are literally the only vote on francop. I am under fire from both Vivi and *Splinter. You're not telling the truth. Why?

Because hardly anyone else is voting for whatever damn reason. I'm hoping people will join my vote on franconp.

But hey, Splinter just gave me the chance.

Vote: Crab

ViviOggi

VOTE: kingkitty

I'll have to go back to this vote because I don't have the time to reread everything anymore and still find him highly suspicious (while even more confusing). He could still just be crazy town, his one recent post doesn't say much and could swing either way. As far as I've seen kgtrep and Rest have gotten the most last-minute votes so far, I can't support either without solid rereading as kgtrep wasn't on my radar while I did suspect Rest but don't recall much of his posts after that. I'm not too happy about making this hasty and kind of cheap vote but I believe we need the information from a lynch above all else, it's the most agreeable vote for myself and I really gotta get some sleep (EU here).

Hagi

Crab seems like the strongest and certainly most vocal person here which certainly does put a little doubt on my mind whether he could be Despair or not but then I'm thinking that about all of you at the moment.

Things are moving so fast I have no idea what to do.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Your criteria is great, and it makes sense. I was just pointing out how it could just as easily be pointed at you too. You are probably Hope, but you are not likely to be punished (neither am I I think today).

My thoughts haven't changed on crab, czartim or cornburrito. I agree with crab's current assessment of kgtrep, he is sketchy but I personally don't find him votable.

Absolutbro im willing to give a day or so to come back, *assessment based on former gameplay incoming*. He is playing similar to how he played when he was town, so I'll give him another day and see how it goes from there.

Francorp - no clue, seems town aligned but It's not a confident read, he could easily be nuetral

Vivioggi - new player jitters, and I probably bandwagons after reading crabs assessment. Kinda sketchy before his large post, but it was really well thought out.

Sawneeks - level headed and well thought out- town

Barrylocke - where have you been? Largely missing for today with not much to post. Is a day late and a dollar short to the rest vs makai post craziness... Leaning mafia

Pau - no read whatsoever

*splinter - posted a lot about how the game works, but not a lot of analysis from the last day or so... Leaning mafi

Swamped - I have no read from her. Posts some reads but largely throws it up in the air saying "you are all simulataneously trustworthy and scummy". Could be mafia ploy could be hope being overwhelmed

Salvapot - kinda against swamped but not a lot of analysis on anyone else. Leaning town because of tunnel vision being more a town thing (mafia has more information so they tend to throw more weight around their light posting.

Kgtrep- I agree with crabs assessment but not enough to vote for him

Makai - see my previous post, could be a mafia ploy abusing knowledge of the lore behind our game, could be a legit role claim. If it's legit there is no way despair lets him live more than a few nights. He would be too juicy a target to them a garaunteed role kill.

Its the end of the day, especially first day things tend to be jumbled, and I have decided to vote today, I'm also at work and posting from my phone, so I a lot of time I am forgetting to post something until I come back to my phone and then when I read what has happened I realize that I should switch my vote.

Oh and

Vote:barrylocke

Based on this assessment of most of the players in the game I realize that the way you are playing is the most scummy to me. I hope you can prove me wrong tomorrow
and *meta gaming incoming* I am 1/1 on games where you got killed night 1 and 0/1 on games where you lived. Joking about that reasoning but the other reason stands
You know it's funny, I was just looking at the voting spreadsheet and noticed that he voted only once on vivi, and then left it there the entire time. Not enough to get me to vote him, but def had me considering.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
t1438815600z4.png

For time sake.

kgtrep

I'm not concerned with why you haven't been voted. I'm concerned with why you haven't been voting others.

I would, so I could say this. :3

Nah, see, I'm actually *worried* about the consistent part. Why are you consistently voting for people that nobody else is? Why are your reads so wildly different to the rest of town's?

I said this before, it's self-confidence bordering arrogance. If I had started doubting myself at any point, I would not be able to vote for the right person.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
kingkitty has 3, Rest, Hagi, myself and No Punishment each have 2. There's several on one, but we have half an hour and I think it would be difficult to get three new votes onto any option with only one that would allow it to overtake kingkitty, so at this point we're effectively deciding between these options. I townread Rest and kingkitty, I am obviously town (shame on you all), and I'd rather absolutely anything happened including my own lynch than No Punishment, so I am forced to default to Hagi, who I have a nullread on, out of necessity. I'll switch this if it proves a tie-forcer.

VOTE: Hagi

CzarTim

not feeling kgtrep as scum tbh

is the rest vote dead? he was my next pick after human even though he's a newbie I dont have much left to go on

Hagi and Kitty are tied now.

I don't feel comfortable voting for Hagi because if I am correct about Crab that means for certain that Hagi is Hope.

thisfuckinggameman

good thing we didnt wait until the last moment so we can make an informed decision

I'm half expecting traube to come out of nowhere to override to Barrylocke.

I would suspect someone who has managed to avoid every single major wagon, because they cover a diverse array of players that many people have fairly good reason to suspect.

I had this exact same thought and took a look at the player list. If you take out the major bandwagons (My early one, goshujinsama, Rest, Makai and KingKitty) you're left with 6 players:

kgtrep
Makai
SalvaPot
Barrylocke
goshujinsama

Makai and goshu have both claimed PRs in one way or another; whether I believe them is another matter. That leaves 3.

kgtrep is currently voting Hagi.
Salva is currently voting No Punishment.
Barrylocke is currently voting ViviOggi.

(incidentally this is really weird to type while the Google doc keeps updating).

Of the 3, I don't have any real strong feelings of scummish behaviour. I'd say "Barry's been real quiet", but that would be beyond hypocritical of me since I've barely been around. (which is partly why my scum sense isn't really tingling just yet).

I didn't really like Rest asking me to vote just to tie it up, especially so early on.
I don't really trust several players taking fairly aggressively confrontational stances early on, especially on D1.

The other thing we have to ask ourselves is how much we trust the Hope claims by Makai and goshujinsama. Sure, their roles may be real, but that doesn't say much about their actual affiliation.

Going to post this and get caught up. Still have 30 minutes.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I said this before, it's self-confidence bordering arrogance. If I had started doubting myself at any point, I would not be able to vote for the right person.

Okay, I believe that, and I'm happy with no longer voting you regardless. However, unless you're some kind of mafia wizard, the odds you can actually reliably pick mafia on D1 is preeeetty low. Why not use your vote to pressure people, rather than only to lynch them?

*Splinter

3 votes:
Kitty

2 votes:
Rest, Hagi, Crab, No Punish

1 vote:
AbsolutBro, kgtrep, Vivvi, Barry, Terra, Zipped

Correct me if I'm wrong

CzarTim

ok then, thought more people had unvoted

vote: rest

list of reasons earlier in the day I dont feel like finding now

will switch to prevent a tie

Kitty: 3
Hagi: 3
Crab: 2
Rest: 2

Place your votes people.

A tie is unacceptable. I myself won't vote for Hagi, but I'm fine with people not voting Crab if it at least means not ending shit in a tie.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I also suspect Barrylocke for very similar reasons, but it just seems too cliche to lynch him D1. Is that bad?

Also, Hagi has 3 votes, as does Rest.

Kalor

Kitty: 3
Hagi: 3
Crab: 2
Rest: 2

Place your votes people.

A tie is unacceptable. I myself won't vote for Hagi, but I'm fine with people not voting Crab if it at least means not ending shit in a tie.

Rest has three votes but we have the spreadsheet to keep track of this anyway.

Top Bottom