• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Mafia |OT| Grin and Bear It

ok then, thought more people had unvoted

vote: rest

list of reasons earlier in the day I dont feel like finding now

will switch to prevent a tie

Hmm interesting.

Crab and Rest got into a spat which led to votes being placed on Rest.

If Rest is actually Despair I will place trust back in Crab. If Rest is Hope, my suspicisons will remain. But I am comfortable voting for Rest.

Vote: Rest

kgtrep

Okay, I believe that, and I'm happy with no longer voting you regardless. However, unless you're some kind of mafia wizard, the odds you can actually reliably pick mafia on D1 is preeeetty low. Why not use your vote to pressure people, rather than only to lynch them?

Cause I have work to do, man, hang out with my mates.

*Splinter

My vote count already out of date, add 1 to Hagi I think
I said this before, it's self-confidence bordering arrogance. If I had started doubting myself at any point, I would not be able to vote for the right person.
Doubt is good, you've spent a lot of time on an undeniably weak lead.

FFS Rest and Hagi are tied. A Hagi voter NEEDS to change. Rest is the best vote choice for Hope.

If Rest is Despair, we can all trust Crab again.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
t1438815600z4.png

For the new page.

Hagi

I know. Crab didn't believe me. :(

He's already said his post aren't to be trusted so maybe that was a lie as well :p

Not really sure how to counter Crabs vote. I'm as Hope as they come. Is there anything I can do with the allotted time to move me out from being a nullread? I don't want my inexperience and real life shit to be my first game downfall.

Pau

I'be wanted to keep Rest (and CornBurrito) alive in case Crab is Despair since they seem the most willing to go up against him.

Kingkitty is weird. I put him in the same category as Salva. Someone who's stood out but not so much that everyone has the same read on them.

I might have to go Rest because eveb if he's town, I'm fairly sure he's not a power role. :(

I don't want a tie, but I also don't really want to vote for kitty, and I haven't really looked at rest or hagi.

That being said I'm about to jump in the car for 45 minutes and will miss the end of voting.

You have the five minutes it will take me to walk to my car to convince me to change my vote off someone that I am reasonably confident in (at least today) to someone that don't really have a read on.

I'll consider changing my vote if it matters at that time.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
No fucking way. I townread Rest. I've said so multiple times. Not voting him on my life.

I don't want a tie, but I also don't really want to vote for kitty, and I haven't really looked at rest or hagi.

That being said I'm about to jump in the car for 45 minutes and will miss the end of voting.

You have the five minutes it will take me to walk to my car to convince me to change my vote off someone that I am reasonably confident in (at least today) to someone that don't really have a read on.

I'll consider changing my vote if it matters at that time.

Rest. Vote for Rest.

Rest and Crab fought. Crab doesn't trust Rest. I and some others don't trust Crab.

If Rest is Despair, we can all trust Crab. If Rest is Hope we will find out a lot of information based on who voted for him during the Crab vs Rest debacle.

Crab and I are both cool with voting for Rest I believe.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Yo, this is bullshit. Rest is Hope, not Despair. I've said so. I don't want Rest lynched. You can't literally lie to people and say I want him lynched. I don't. You also can't say you'll trust me if he is Despair, because I'm pretty damn sure he isn't and I'm pretty damn sure you think he isn't and I'm pretty damn sure you're trying to set me up. Please switch to Hagi anyone who thinks CornBurrito is sketchy as it comes.

Wait, I must of missed this. Why would Rest being Despair remove your suspicion on Crab?

I thought Crab has rest pegged as Despair. Based on their fight in the thread earlier. It turns out I'm wrong. So fuck me all my reasoning in voting for Rest is wrong.

But if Rest does turn out to be Hope I'll be keeping an eye on the people who used my grandstanding to just vote for him without a single word (ex. Pau).

Sawneeks

Banned
Wait what? In what fucking post? You had a huge argument with him at some point.

Also Pau, why Rest and not Hagi? Explain.

I'm starting to doubt myself.

Going to ask because time is counting down fast, but why Hagi over Rest? I'm going back and reading now but neither of them stick out to me more than the other.

Yo, this is bullshit. Rest is Hope, not Despair. I've said so. I don't want Rest lynched. You can't literally lie to people and say I want him lynched. I don't. You also can't say you'll trust me if he is Despair, because I'm pretty damn sure he isn't and I'm pretty damn sure you think he isn't and I'm pretty damn sure you're trying to set me up. Please switch to Hagi anyone who thinks CornBurrito is sketchy as it comes.

You too had a huge argument. You can't blame me for misremembering.

If it helps I'll switch my vote to Hagi. Will that satisfy you?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
No, don't weasel out of that. I've said I'm willing to talk if you have new questions. That's not "I don't want to talk". You are effectively admitting that you don't have any good questions and have been wasting Hope time, but are trying to pass the buck off on me. That's bad play right there. I don't think you're Despair simply because if I were Despair I'd be wary of leaning so hard on an experienced player so early on, but I do think you're barking up the wrong tree, repeatedly, and lacking in the common sense to pursue other avenues when it becomes clear this one is exhausted.

In this post.

CzarTim

i havent read hagi at all so I dunno about voting him. maybe if you people didnt change the vote leader every ten minutes

also mak this is 100% your fault and it's lame you claimed and bounced. having flashbacks man

Kalor

I've been doubting myself for a while and I think Rest is town. I'm not sure on Hagi but at this point I don't have many options. If it looks like we will get a tie.

Vote: Hagi

Hagi

You too had a huge argument. You can't blame me for misremembering.

If it helps I'll switch my vote to Hagi. Will that satisfy you?

What you've went from trying to get people to jump on to kissing his ass in about 5 minutes. If you are so unsure about him why are you now trying to appease Crab?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Also several others that I cba to find with ~20 mins left.

Also, why are you sucking up to me, exactly?

To Zipped:

I know I'm late to the Makai vs. Rest thing but the reason that I brought it up in particular is because it was the current front runners so I needed to see which of the two I felt most ready to vote for. Unfortunately I kept getting interrupted and by the time I finally had my post ready, the big Luckster reveal happened. I posted that information because I at least wanted you to know where my line of thinking on it was.

Unfortunately, I was ready to vote for Makai on that one pre-reveal. I didn't feel scummy vibes from Rest's exchanges with Crab, and I still don't. I felt way more comfortable voting for Makai who didn't even seem to be looking hard at what people are doing. His reveal made me feel less comfortable voting for either, and so I froze.

I probably should have unvoted for Vivi in the midst of that freeze. This post and this post had me feeling less comfortable with voting for him and I figured that I'd switch my vote to one of the two which would nullify it.

Of the 3 who are stated to be the highest, I really still feel strongly for Rest, and Kitty still strikes me as too crazy to be mafia on day 1. So by default:

But with 18 minutes, I will try to look more. Things can clearly change before the final bell.

Hagi

I'm confused as fuck how you could go from trying to frame Crab as despair and pointing out posts for us all to note down then suddenly change tactics so quick.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
For the record, I don't exactly scumread Hagi other but because a few specific people decided to waste three days grand-standing, we've got stuck at the point where only a few small people can feasibly be voted for and I townread Hagi the least out of that group. If people want to do a last minute Barrylocke surge, I'm cool with that.

Pau

Wait what? In what fucking post? You had a huge argument with him at some point.

Also Pau, why Rest and not Hagi? Explain.

I'm starting to doubt myself.
Honestly? Because Hagi is a new player. Maybe Rest is too but Hagi's post was more recently on my mind. I'm also more sure that Rest is regular Hope than I am that Hagi is regular Hope, if that makes sense.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
For the record, I don't exactly scumread Hagi other but because a few specific people decided to waste three days grand-standing, we've got stuck at the point where only a few small people can feasibly be voted for and I townread Hagi the least out of that group. If people want to do a last minute Barrylocke surge, I'm cool with that.
If you can three more, I'm in.

To Zipped:

I know I'm late to the Makai vs. Rest thing but the reason that I brought it up in particular is because it was the current front runners so I needed to see which of the two I felt most ready to vote for. Unfortunately I kept getting interrupted and by the time I finally had my post ready, the big Luckster reveal happened. I posted that information because I at least wanted you to know where my line of thinking on it was.

Unfortunately, I was ready to vote for Makai on that one pre-reveal. I didn't feel scummy vibes from Rest's exchanges with Crab, and I still don't. I felt way more comfortable voting for Makai who didn't even seem to be looking hard at what people are doing. His reveal made me feel less comfortable voting for either, and so I froze.

I probably should have unvoted for Vivi in the midst of that freeze. This post and this post had me feeling less comfortable with voting for him and I figured that I'd switch my vote to one of the two which would nullify it.

Of the 3 who are stated to be the highest, I really still feel strongly for Rest, and Kitty still strikes me as too crazy to be mafia on day 1. So by default:

But with 18 minutes, I will try to look more. Things can clearly change before the final bell.

That's fair, just try to post more tomorrow...;)

And to prevent a scum tie

vote:hagi

I am convinced that a rest or kitty death today is a terrible idea. I don't like the hagi punishment, but I don't want a tie more. I'm sorry hagi

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
this is why I really like mafia, to be honest.

I know, right?

It's the eye of the tiger~
It's the thrill of the fight♫
Rising up to the challenge of our rival~
And the last known survivor♫
Stalks his prey in the night~
And he's watching♫ us all♫ with the eye♫ of the tiger~

I'm confused as fuck how you could go from trying to frame Crab as despair and pointing out posts for us all to note down then suddenly change tactics so quick.

It is mostly because I'd really this not end in a tie.

I think there is value in either Rest OR you going.

Or rather, I thought there was value in Rest going since I thought Crab scumread Rest.

I'm fully willing to admit I fucked up on this page. But I was working under the assumption that Rest was scumread by Crab. And that's all the justification I can give.

Top Bottom