• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Mafia |OT| Grin and Bear It

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
AB respects the game too much to go quiet as scum as a ploy.

yeah, he's never done that before

it would be totally out of character

for him to just slide along all game unnoticed

So if we all agree that this is pretty obnoxious, then how about this. Let's call the talking about Crab and kgtrep a wash for now until maybe the 11th. Let's talk about other topics instead, because there is other stuff worth talking about. And then let's come back to this later once everyone has cooled off (or reignited from other topics). Or quietly make your vote and then leave it be. Or do SOMETHING.

I'm honestly still having some fun even if keeping up with this is more trying than pretty much any mafia game I've played. So at the least I think we should try to preserve it for those who are still enjoying themselves.

truce3.jpg

Please?

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
So if we all agree that this is pretty obnoxious, then how about this. Let's call the talking about Crab and kgtrep a wash for now until maybe the 11th. Let's talk about other topics instead, because there is other stuff worth talking about. And then let's come back to this later once everyone has cooled off (or reignited from other topics). Or quietly make your vote and then leave it be. Or do SOMETHING.

I'm honestly still having some fun even if keeping up with this is more trying than pretty much any mafia game I've played. So at the least I think we should try to preserve it for those who are still enjoying themselves.

truce3.jpg

Please?
I agree with this. I just was venting some frustration.

So who do YOU want to talk about?

You know, we can't threaten people with votes today but we can threaten them with D3 votes. So... Why don't we do that? Let's play as if today were D3

okay im deadly bored with this game now. i dont really want to play with a town where the PRs just throw out random shit and don't know how to use their roles. kalor is right, by being in this game ill derail things regardless of whether i survive or not. lynch me, look like idiots tomorrow, and continue on with the game. the one bright side is you might actually listen to my advice when im dead and confirmed Hope.

VOTE: Crab

will role-claim if anyone wants

Please role claim, we can still punish a used power role instead of yours.

Kalor

One thing that I'm curious about is if anyone was switched last night. Goshu, you don't need to tell us if you don't want to but I was wondering about it.

Sawneeks

Banned
What a way to start Day 2. I still need to read everything as I only skimmed through the last couple of pages really quick but it does look like we are stuck with kgtrep or crab. Maybe I can find more info from the novels both of you have written in response to one another but it looks like things are kind of straight forward? Who knows, I will come back in a bit and post some thoughts later.

*Splinter

Well said Barry.

I just want to apologise if I was out of line earlier. Maybe I've put too much faith in my suspicions, but I don't want to make this game unpleasant for anyone, and things definitely got a bit too heated there.

So, sorry if I've been too aggressive at any point.

SalvaPot

kgtrep you used it too soon! And again, you keep saying is a one time use only, that is just dumb play...

And I can tell you are not dumb, this is a power play by you.

I don´t even care right now if crab is scum or not, he might be but I am saving that judgement for tomorrow, today I am keeping my voting on you because I reeeeally want to know why you had to vote today, it will keep bothering if I don´t.

Also, crab, if you don´t feel like playing the game anymore and want to role claim, there is little to no point, I am sure you are getting lynched anyway since people think of you as some kind of god of mafia.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Also, crab, if you don´t feel like playing the game anymore and want to role claim, there is little to no point, I am sure you are getting lynched anyway since people think of you as some kind of god of mafia.

yeah that's basically where i got to. i can't do anything today. the ironic part is that people want to get me for leading, because i'm clearly leading right now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SalvaPot

yeah that's basically where i got to. i can't do anything today. the ironic part is that people want to get me for leading, because i'm clearly leading right now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, you are kind of leading by default since you are known to be good at it, the problem is that you maybe are "too good"

I am willing to lynch you later on in the game, but right now I want to get kg instead.

TL21xx

Banned
So I've taken some time to assess the situation. I don't like the current state of the game. Prior to today, if I were to go with my gut, KG would be more likely to be scum. However I do see Crabs assessment of the situation, and unfortunately, he's probably right. To be perfectly honest, I'm not comfortable with offing Crab yet, and I have zero issue with punishing KG for dumb play, assuming he isn't scum. It's just way too early to make kind of play. Sorry KG.

VOTE: kgtrep

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Well, you are kind of leading by default since you are known to be good at it, the problem is that you maybe are "too good"

I am willing to lynch you later on in the game, but right now I want to get kg instead.

It just makes me playing *any* games in this community pointless. "Oh, Crab's leading, let's lynch him", "Oh, Crab's quiet, let's lynch him", "Oh, Crab's fitting in, let's lynch him". Like, you don't even know if I'm actually good or not, and weirdly town is pretty intent on ignoring the advice I do give, over and over again, so i don't even get the one benefit of supposedly being good.

SalvaPot

It just makes me playing *any* games in this community pointless. "Oh, Crab's leading, let's lynch him", "Oh, Crab's quiet, let's lynch him", "Oh, Crab's fitting in, let's lynch him". Like, you don't even know if I'm actually good or not, and weirdly town is pretty intent on ignoring the advice I do give, over and over again, so i don't even get the one benefit of supposedly being good.

lol, I was going to point that out. I guess been the main game mod is a scum tell.

Makai

Let's not get sidetracked here. This is about kgtrep and Crab. Discussion is focused. That's the utility of this role. There's no bandwagons. There’s no distractions. If we wait, we're setting ourselves up for another twilight roleclaim. I thought you guys hated that.

You certainly started the "this power sucks and now this game sucks" thread. You can’t pressure others so you are contesting the idea of the duel mechanic. You’re banking on people believing that both duelists are Hope but will spare you because you’re the "better player.” You are Despair.

lol at the indifference and apathy going around here, I think this is a fun mechanic, but by god
I think it's a brilliant ability. Perfectly captures one of the video game's core mechanics. The whiners give me raindoc vibes. Somebody just signed up to take your place if you don’t want to play anymore:

CzarTim

TB keeps giving me funny feelings this game but then I keep agreeing with him so I dunno. I feel like we're coming from the same mindset.

Haven't forgotten about rest, will post more there when I'm on a pc

And meanwhile half the game is barely posting so who knows. Maybe the scum team is just lurking and laughing

SalvaPot

So why in that order, and why those people?

kgtrep because of his weird role.

swamped because of my suspicions on day one

crab because of the derailment of the thread everytime we talk about him

terrabyte because of how your post feel weird to me, but mostly because I wanted to complete my list and your name was the first to jump to my mind, I am a gut player, not a deep evidence player, first I go with my gut and then I start deconstructing their posts, read back, get reactions and try to convince others of my view.

But to be honest, I like to play on the assumption that everyone is innocent unless proved otherwise, so you will always see me defending the user that is about to be lynched, unless I clearly agree with the lynch.

Pau

But to be honest, I like to play on the assumption that everyone is innocent unless proved otherwise, so you will always see me defending the user that is about to be lynched, unless I clearly agree with the lynch.
Yeah, I'm confused why you'd change your stance from No Punishment since it's not like we've really learned much (if anything) from Night 1.

SalvaPot

Yeah, I'm confused why you'd change your stance from No Punishment since it's not like we've really learned much (if anything) from Night 1.

Yeah, read back, I am pro No punishment on Day 1 only, Day 2 and forward I am all about throwing friends under the bus.

Possible mega post incoming.

Good morning! There are now 96 hours before the end of the day phase.
RIP Fran :(

Whew. I was afraid all my powerpoint slides would be for nothing.
I apologize if this sounds mean, but there's a thing called information overload. My brain sort of shut down halfway through besides "kgtrep thinks Crab is Despair". There's also a bit there that is outside of the pervue of the game itself.

That said, these are well written posts. Your suspicions are aired with links and supporting information.

Shame I think you're both Hope players, but I guess we'll see at the end of the vote.

What is happening and please don't turbo we have four days to talk.
I agree with this. We actually have 4 days to discuss things, with the sure knowledge that at the end we can't have a sudden shifting of votes all over the place like we did day 1. We should use it, because even with THUNDERDOME we have new information to discuss.

guys he did and AB is still scum, kg is an insane person (but unfortunately probably town), and crab may or may not be scum but probably not because holy hell kg is off his meds.
Guys this is Czar posting on AB's account. You should totally Punish me!

This is untrue. We can talk about why franconp is dead.
Exactly. Why and who. We know there's information out there somewhere.

You know what really irks me? This day should've been us argueing over mak's last second RNH style roleclaim, or if kingkitty should be killed after his little stunt, or maybe taking out AB for still being REALLY freaking silent.

But noooooo, we have to argue which hope player do will kill, and we HAVE to kill one of them.
No, we don't. And I know I haven't been as talkative as I was last game. I swear it isn't a ploy, it's just life. I have very limited time, and the time needed to keep my garden alive sort of compounds for every instance that I ignore it to do something else. But I gotta have my tomatoes man. Only time of year I'll eat them.

AB respects the game too much to go quiet as scum as a ploy.
Silent scum is dead scum.

yeah, he's never done that before

it would be totally out of character

for him to just slide along all game unnoticed
Unnoticed? Maybe. Unheard, not on your life. <3

<3

This happened to me last game and it was lame.
I'm not going to lie, one of the issues with being a returning player is that there are expectations of you, that when you don't or can't meet them, come across as mafia/scum/Despair/team bad guys. It sucks, and I would really try to emphasize to ALL players that past performance should not be held against a player. Keep it all in the game itself.

• ___________________________________*

Now then. Franconp's death leaves us in an interesting place. We can't vote today for who we think killed him, but we can discuss it today, because one of us will almost certainly not be around to discuss it tomorrow.

Launch hinted that the map would play a role in Night actions. After all, we're all supposed to be tucked away safely in our dormitory rooms, so for Despair to get to Franconp, someone surely saw something or someone. Obviously anyone that did puts themselves at risk by coming out and saying "I saw <----> in the hallway!" But if we get a healthy discussion going, hints can be dropped and things can be said and obfuscated a little bit more.

So, why Franconp? I'll be honest, with only 30 posts in this thread (several about Makai, at least one soft-calling out Pau) it's hard to see anything specific. I suspect that night 1 for Despair is much like day 1 for Hope: little to go off of so just a pseudo-random choice. Still, they why of it should be there. Were his posts on Makai or Pau too close? Did he just rub Despair the wrong way as a careful and intelligent player? Are they targeting vet players first? Why not ice Crab and leave us with a giant gaping hole for a target, other than Makai?

Pau

Yeah, read back, I am pro No punishment on Day 1 only, Day 2 and forward I am all about throwing friends under the bus.
Gotcha.

I still feel like we're in almost the same boat as Day 1, just with one less player.

How long are we willing to wait for Despair to kill off Makai before we assume he's lying and do it ourselves?

Pau

Now then. Franconp's death leaves us in an interesting place. We can't vote today for who we think killed him, but we can discuss it today, because one of us will almost certainly not be around to discuss it tomorrow.

Launch hinted that the map would play a role in Night actions. After all, we're all supposed to be tucked away safely in our dormitory rooms, so for Despair to get to Franconp, someone surely saw something or someone. Obviously anyone that did puts themselves at risk by coming out and saying "I saw <----> in the hallway!" But if we get a healthy discussion going, hints can be dropped and things can be said and obfuscated a little bit more.

So, why Franconp? I'll be honest, with only 30 posts in this thread (several about Makai, at least one soft-calling out Pau) it's hard to see anything specific. I suspect that night 1 for Despair is much like day 1 for Hope: little to go off of so just a pseudo-random choice. Still, they why of it should be there. Were his posts on Makai or Pau too close? Did he just rub Despair the wrong way as a careful and intelligent player? Are they targeting vet players first? Why not ice Crab and leave us with a giant gaping hole for a target, other than Makai?
Would franconp's room being in the corner make him a target? That's probably the "oddest" thing about his placement. Least likely route to be seen? I don't know if people are told exactly who they see or if they bump into "someone" in the dark. Probably the later?

He seemed okay with my response back so I doubt he was too suspicious. He didn't really go hard on anyone from what I remember, so I think it might really just be the placement.

SalvaPot

Was it claim unnecessarily and then lock conversation on a tiny minority of players?

We get it, we are locked on it and you don´t like it, might as well work with it, since its clear the conversation is not going to go further until kg comes back.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Yep. "Top posters are always scum, lynch them" -brad pitt

Good film, that. My favourite scene:

“I will vote at him” said the Crab and he fired the destructive argument. John flailed at him and tried to blew him up. But then the paragraphs fell and they were trapped and not able to lynch.
“No! I must kill the top posters” he shouted
The radio said “No, John. You are the top posters”
And then John was a Blarg.

My suspicion of you was never once based on meta data.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, I'm not sure there's any reasonable information we can get from francop's death at this stage. It was N1, so mafia haven't had the ability to use any investigative roles yet. Their decision to kill was based purely on D1. They don't need to kill any player who was looked at suspisciously, because they can count on town to do that for them. Every single person except CzarTim got voted for at least once, but francop was probably one of the least pushed on, which implies he is relatively well trusted, which makes him a good lynch target. That's not to imply his vote choices were right - as mafia, I don't kill people who fos'd me because it is difficult to explain the next day (instead, I kill people who fos the people who fos me - difficult for them to explain). If anything, they probably weren't.

What's more useful than "who did mafia kill" is "who did mafia not kill". Mafia avoided killing PRs, which I thought was interesting, but they're probably trying to steer away from the obvious kills because there will be protection on them. Alternatively, at least one of the "PRs" we have so far are scum, which I'm increasingly thinking is not at all unlikely in Makai's case. I also think it is interesting that CzarTim is still alive - he went totally unvoted for yesterday, is a top poster, seems well trusted, and contributes what appears like relatively useful information. Right now I'd peg that as mafia avoiding obvious targets, but the longer CzarTim survives, the more suspiscious I would get of him particularly.

Top Bottom