• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Mafia |OT| Grin and Bear It

I was going to say that agreeing with someone is not a good reason not to suspect them, but it's too late. Oh well.

I want to take the time to defend myself a little more because this comment actually kind of upset me.

There have been plenty of players who have made statements I agree with. Some of these players I suspect of being Despair, because they agree on really "shallow" stuff.
Stuff like "I think kgtrep is Hope" or "I think we should be wary of X because he hasn't posted much."

Me changing my mind with Crab was because he posted analysis on several players and I agreed on nearly every point. People trust Crab, and he outright layed out his suspicions of the same people I want to target. This means he and the sizeable amount of people who trust him will likely actually target these people in the future.

I'm assuming that my own judgement is correct. If Crab is Despair it would not make sense for him to target the same people I want to target. If we go after those people and a good amount end up being Despair, I'll know that I'm right.

It isn't like I'm never going to question Crab. I still can change my mind and be convinced he is Despair. Perhaps later in the game. I'm less pessimistic that it would be too late. I was just no longer confident enough to vote for him on D2.

The only thing that really worries me is that Crab didn't finish his analysis. Despite the risk of him being killed during the night. Perhaps he knew he'd live another day since he's Despair. Though that assumes no Neutral killer, or that the Neutral killer would never target him. Granted his analysis seems to take fairly long to do, so time constraints actually are a legit excuse.

Anyway, I'm fine with the currently suggest BarryLocke vote.

Other choices I strongly support voting for today are AbsolutBro (see Crab's analysis), or TL21xx. TL21 is a sub, but even with that in mind I've found his post count quite low. Despair? Or a Townie that just doesn't contribute much?

Also color me shocked at the Salvapot death and PR reveal. I never suspected him as Despair (unlike some people), but I did not expect PR.

CzarTim

Ok so on a PC now

Vote: barry

What little content Barry does have feels forced / awkward.

Also Barry litterally doesn't know how to play GAFia past day three and there's no sense in letting him find out what it's like.

Ok so on a PC now

Vote: barry

What little content Barry does have feels forced / awkward.

Also Barry litterally doesn't know how to play GAFia past day three and there's no sense in letting him find out what it's like.

Not that I'm against Barrymore vote, but any reason not to go with AbsolutBro first? Are you just randomly choosing, or does one seem more Despairy to you?

Everyone, family in town this weekend. I'll keep up with the posts but I likely will not be able to post much until Monday.

rest in Peace salvapot, I hope you made lots of trouble and that you did a good job before your untimely demise. I'll have to think about how the scum got to salva's death...

kingkitty

Goodbye Salvapot :(

A couple of things:

1) I may have assumed too quick that goshu was a switcher, although he still claims to be a power role of some sort.

2) I agree with some that Barrylocke could be seen as suspicious with his low post content. However, for the time being I'm going to vote for

vote: Kalor

As I said in Day 2, Kalor has been a bit under the radar, not trying to step on anyone's toes. Could be despair trying to blend in, instead of sticking out from the pack, making noise.

Later (when I feel like it, I'm cooking sausages today) I'll reread Kalor's stuff, along with Barrylocke. This isn't a hard vote yet. I'll also post some more hot take reads later.

Kalor

As I said in Day 2, Kalor has been a bit under the radar, not trying to step on anyone's toes. Could be despair trying to blend in, instead of sticking out from the pack, making noise.

Later (when I feel like it, I'm cooking sausages today) I'll reread Kalor's stuff, along with Barrylocke. This isn't a hard vote yet. I'll also post some more hot take reads later.

I can understand your vote as I've been under the radar, even if it wasn't on purpose.

I didn't expect SalvaPot to be killed. I was expecting someone with a lower post count to be killed since that would in theory give us less information. Though now we have the question of did they switch last night or on the first night since the role doesn't specify that they have to switch each night.

I don't immediately have someone that I want to vote for today. I'm going to wait until everyone has posted then vote.

*Splinter

I haven't talked about ZippedPinhead much in my previous reads, but I became increasingly suspicious of him in D2. Reluctant to commit, very few posts with new or insightful opinions. He also had one of the weakest justifications for voting trep yesterday.

VOTE: ZippedPinhead

Zipped: Could you explain what lead you to voting kgtrep yesterday? As well as your top 3 suspects, with reasons?

Swamped

Banned
I think I'll start of my day by voting:

VOTE: Makai

Note that this isn't a hard vote. I expressed my concerns about Makai before, that his role claim at the end of Day 1 does not convince me of his alignment at all, and that I think that perhaps his 'reveal' had been planned since earlier in the day phase. The role title is vague enough that it could belong to any alignment. The only reason I am hesitating is that Makai went after Crab pretty strongly Day 2, and I don't think real Despair would have committed themselves quite that much. Still, my suspicion outweighs my doubt, so there you go. This vote may change once I get to see more of Makai's posts during this day phase.

Other people I considered voting for were Zipped (but I didn't because he's away and I'd like to vote for someone who can defend themselves) and Sawneeks (because I still can't make up my mind about her. I shall be giving her a thorough re-read).

I haven't talked about ZippedPinhead much in my previous reads, but I became increasingly suspicious of him in D2. Reluctant to commit, very few posts with new or insightful opinions. He also had one of the weakest justifications for voting trep yesterday.

Zipped: Could you explain what lead you to voting kgtrep yesterday? As well as your top 3 suspects, with reasons?

I may join this vote. I've been suspicious of Zip as well and his death will give me more info than Barrlocke.

Swamped

Banned
Interesting that people are going after Barry and AB too, probably because of low post count and high fluff-to-content ratio. I didn't really get a particularly scummy feeling from either (Barry seemed to post similarly in SW too), but I haven't really paid close attention to them. I shall give them a re-read too.

My reasons for voting Kgtrep yesterday is I felt that even though kgtrep' role was more likely town, my gut feeling on crab was that he was town. Since both were town in my eyes, it becomes which benefits town more. Kgtrep is a role that had already used his power, crab hasn't revealed anything about role. So I chose someone who could have an ability over someone who is now just a regular townsperson.

Top three suspects:

Makai - I don't trust his role claim at all (reasons were posted during the last day cycle, I find the role highly suspect)

Barrylocke- where is he? His gameplay has been weak to nonexistent. I don't trust him

Third gets murky, as I don't have as clear a bias. Salva's death put goshujinsama in a nasty light. So I'll go with him. I want to know more about his gameplay

I don't necessarily trust you either, there are very few people I have true "hope" reads from,

My reasons for voting Kgtrep yesterday is I felt that even though kgtrep' role was more likely town, my gut feeling on crab was that he was town. Since both were town in my eyes, it becomes which benefits town more. Kgtrep is a role that had already used his power, crab hasn't revealed anything about role. So I chose someone who could have an ability over someone who is now just a regular townsperson.

Top three suspects:

Makai - I don't trust his role claim at all (reasons were posted during the last day cycle, I find the role highly suspect)

Barrylocke- where is he? His gameplay has been weak to nonexistent. I don't trust him

Third gets murky, as I don't have as clear a bias. Salva's death put goshujinsama in a nasty light. So I'll go with him. I want to know more about his gameplay

I don't necessarily trust you either, there are very few people I have true "hope" reads from,

There have been people posting just as little if not less than Barry.

Sawneeks

Banned
SalvaPot died? Hm, okay, that changes a few things for me. I was thinking of focusing more on him during this Day because of his various 'role-fishing' posts during Day 2 but now that he is both dead and revealed to be Hope...

This definitely does paint Goshujinsama in a particularly bad light. A few of us did just jump to the idea that he was soft-claiming a role on Day 1 and that might not have been true. But if we are to believe what was said on Day 1, then Goshu claimed Switcher but, as we now know, Salva is actually the Switcher. I'm still more inclined to believe Goshu's new claim that it was actually just a question only because of his active and insightful posting on Day 2, something I view as more of a Hope or at least Pro-Town move.

Other than that, I do agree with the suspicion of Barry. I now have a picture of most people and their posting habits but Barry, and by that logic I will include TL21xx, Kalor, and AbsolutBro, are very much blank slates.

Vote: TL21xx

I would like to hear from you. Suspicions, thoughts on SalvaPot, etc. Right now you're a little too quiet and sliding by a bit for my taste.

Pau

To add on to how SalvaPot was picked: I realized it makes much more sense to investigate gosh or Makai after their role claims. Would Despair just leave them be?

Kalor

I'm going to put a vote on Ty4on as I'm curious about their thoughts and since they were a replacement they have been under the radar.

Vote: Ty4on

There have been people posting just as little if not less than Barry.

It's not just about how little he has posted, it's about what he HAS posted and what he hasn't even remotely been helpful with. He's either nothing and not really playing because of it (happens, frustrating... And unlikely in my opinion), a REALLY good hope role (which I don't think he is call it a gut feeling) or scum.

Most of the bottom group of posters are likely that first option, though I'm sure some scum are hiding there

Ty4on

I'm going to put a vote on Ty4on as I'm curious about their thoughts and since they were a replacement they have been under the radar.

Have I?

Anyway, I checked Barry before kgtrep was lynched, but didn't have time to make a post about it. I find his post 1304 very odd. He just asks Crab what to do and barely gives away any of his own opinions.

I haven't had a terrible amount of time because I worked late shifts Friday, Saturday and Sunday (today)

I'm reading up on Salva and he seemed to be a lot less scummy yesterday, but annoyingly it looks like he also knew something (#1552).

I honestly don't want to get too caught up on the rooms thing. Despair has the power to kill, meaning the power to manipulate our thinking about how the room system works. For all we know they are focusing on the top row not because they have to, but to make us think they are limited in a certain way.

Swamped

Banned

Curious choice. I personally feel like Ty4on has been a lot more vocal than the other replacement, TL21xx. Any particular reason you think he has flown under the radar? Most of his posts seem pretty insightful to me, but again, another re-read is probably in order.

Kalor

Curious choice. I personally feel like Ty4on has been a lot more vocal than the other replacement, TL21xx. Any particular reason you think he has flown under the radar? Most of his posts seem pretty insightful to me, but again, another re-read is probably in order.

They've been more vocal but no-one has really cast much suspecion on the replacements. TL21xx already had a vote so I decided to put it on Ty4on. I don't want to overlook anyone at this point of the game.

Another reason was that I wanted to have a vote on someone, even if I didn't hugely suspect them since we couldn't throw votes around yesterday and I want to use it more today.

Czar, good points on CornBurrito's no votes on both days.

Barry seems to be getting a lot of notice after Crab did his analysis on him. I am a little wary on the ease with which people are jumping their suspicion on this vote. He definitely has been suspect, in general terms, but I caution myself against 'safe' votes so I will keep my vote on you for the time being if only to pursue further insight into you.

Would you mind answering CornBurrito's question pertaining to your AbsolutBro's read?

Makai

rxkhqlbyl0rlvo8qh2fr.gif

CzarTim

Czar, good points on CornBurrito's no votes on both days.

Barry seems to be getting a lot of notice after Crab did his analysis on him. I am a little wary on the ease with which people are jumping their suspicion on this vote. He definitely has been suspect, in general terms, but I caution myself against 'safe' votes so I will keep my vote on you for the time being if only to pursue further insight into you.

Would you mind answering CornBurrito's question pertaining to your AbsolutBro's read?

this would require me to role claim, but I will anyway so I can explain fight club.

CzarTim

I'm Super High-School Level Debater, I had a one-shot cop which I used on AB night one. He is Hope-aligned. I (poorly) breadcrumbed my result yesterday in the first post I mentioned fight club (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=174796536&postcount=1381) First letter of each sentence is AB NS (not suspicious).

As for fight club, essentially at night when you perform an action, you pass people in the hallway. You get a list of all people you pass. i.e. fight club

Yesterday I was encouraging people not to post about fight club, because I wasn't sure how much the mafia know about it. But Salva was a member of fight club so unless they picked up on it from his posts, there you go.

My *assumption* is the mafia have a ninja killer but any other night abilities show up. That's just a guess though.

CzarTim

I'm also assuming there are other one-shots to confuse the fight club, but obviously don't say anything. I am only revealing to clear up confusion for non-fight clubbers and because I can clear AB.

I never revealed my ability, unlike a certain someone.
rolleye0014.gif

jk. I didn't interpret your switcher question as a role reveal.
I interpreted it as a mafia feint, bud >:)

Interesting. Would you care to explain how it would be a Mafia 'feint'? Is it due to the safety from lynching created from the illusion? In that case, yes, I can see your point entirely.

However, as I reminded everyone with my long Day 3 post, no one should be exempt from suspicion and certainly I, and every player, should be held accountable for our plays.

On that note, I see your claim to be rather suspect in terms of the timing of the reveal. It was rather close to the end of Day 1 and it created some last minute scramble, if I recall. Seems somewhat counter-intuitive to a good Town play.

CzarTim

Does that mean you saw the killer?

I'm not revealing names of fight club members. But we don't know where people went, just if we passed them. Launch also said they appear on our list if we encounter them at any point regardless of the direction they are going in.

CzarTim

I'm not revealing names of fight club members. But we don't know where people went, just if we passed them. Launch also said they appear on our list if we encounter them at any point regardless of the direction they are going in.

Also I did not go that far, so if the person came from the right, I wouldn't have seen.

What if he got switched, though?

I can confirm I'm Hope (not that you have any reason to believe me), but if Czar is telling the truth then there's a simple check:

Vote: Pau

One of two things will happen: Pau is Despair and I feel like shit for ever doubting Czar. (that insane post of mine, with all the fucked up line breaks? Read closely)

Option two: Pau is hope, so you kill me (feel real bad about it) and then kill Czar.

IF Czar is hope, Pau won't be.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
So THAT'S what you meant with the fight club jokes... Wow, now I get why you said we were talking about a different fight club.

As for the bolded, I would spill the beans before the end of the day, by even mentioning that you MIGHT have their names they'll probably be targeting you to die tonight.

Ty4on

I guess franconp could also have been switched.

I do wonder what the "unique" roles are if any. That ninja killer is a good one and makes a lot of sense. Maybe there are more than one switchers to mess up those messages as well.

CzarTim

This is what I was afraid of though, I don't know how much we can rely on fight club names. Ninjas are a hard counter. The setup would be hilariously broken if we could see the killer.

Also I'd rather you test the theory on me since my flip clears AB.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Also I did not go that far, so if the person came from the right, I wouldn't have seen.
Wait, I think you might actually have the name of a Dispair!

g0iy1rO.png

AB is in the same hallway as the two who were killed, it is entirely possible you PASSED one of the killers!

This is what I was afraid of though, I don't know how much we can rely on fight club names. Ninjas are a hard counter. The setup would be hilariously broken if we could see the killer.

Also I'd rather you test the theory on me since my flip clears AB.

Huh, I had not considered an untrackable killer. That would indeed put a serious damper on my idea.

Top Bottom