• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Mafia |OT| Grin and Bear It

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Only if they came from the left.
triple-h-smile-o.gif

Even if you didn't pass the KILLER, we would be able to narrow down the search. Launch already confirmed that those who move take the shortest path, so depending on what day you used your ability, we would be able to know what half at least one of the dispair are in.

The only problem would be that if you didn't see one, you would be naming a power role, and that paints a pretty big target on their backs...

CzarTim

I'm not saying we should ignore this stuff, but it shouldn't take president over good ol' fashion scum hunting. It was just painful to read the thread when most people didn't understand the mechanic.

Also it's entirely possible there are no ninjas, and we really do see the killer. But considering there's only been 1 nk, I'm not sure how that would balance out.

Does anyone other than Despair know if they're in the game? Heck, it could be a neutral role.

From my reading of mafiascum.net, it's basically a modifier that can be used on any role that moves around.

Untrackable killer
Untrackable cop
Untrackable doctor

It basically means you can't be spotted by Watchers or Motion Trackers.

Terrabyte20xx

I'm not saying we should ignore this stuff, but it shouldn't take president over good ol' fashion scum hunting. It was just painful to read the thread when most people didn't understand the mechanic.

Also it's entirely possible there are no ninjas, and we really do see the killer. But considering there's only been 1 nk, I'm not sure how that would balance out.
Of course we should keep old fashioned scum hunting as the prime motivation, but after yesterday's power blunder, having a direction to look at makes things a little easier to spot.

Terrabyte20xx

per night I mean. There's no sk, apparently.

Why are you so interested in these names, bud? I get what you're saying, but no way I'm outing anyone, sorry.
Only because come the night, you will probably die. Like I said, you can wait until the end of the day if you like, but with even the smallest chance of you know one of their names, you ARE a dead man walking.

Makai

On that note, I see your claim to be rather suspect in terms of the timing of the reveal. It was rather close to the end of Day 1 and it created some last minute scramble, if I recall. Seems somewhat counter-intuitive to a good Town play.
I fully endorse last minute scrambles. It's really easy for Mafia to fuck up when facing the clock because bandwagons come down upon you hard and swiftly. If the target of a twilight bandwagon is mafia, they gotta get their story straight fast. If their comrade vouches for them, they risk future condemnation. I gave you guys like 3-4 hours, anyway. I explicitly gave Crab my suspects but he kept railing against me and I needed to get back to work. I doubt anyone disputes that I was getting lynched if I didn't nameclaim. The reactions to my reveal certainly provided more information than my gut reactions. It was worth it.

Interesting. Would you care to explain how it would be a Mafia 'feint'? Is it due to the safety from lynching created from the illusion? In that case, yes, I can see your point entirely.
It reminds me of my own strategy as a newcomer mafia. The wiki explained everything and I had a private forum to ask questions. It's really easy to come in fresh and say, "Teach me how to play, guys :3 ." I mean, just look at your explanation of why you "role-claimed:"

Yeah, I probably made a newbie mistake. My bad. But I've learned now not to open my mouth too easily. So all I want to say at this stage is that it may not be that big of a mistake. Hopefully.

I should have PM the game runner, although in this case it would not have made a difference.

"Oops, I'm a newbie, guys."
rolleye0014.gif

You say stuff like this up a lot and I don't buy it. I believe that it's your first game, but I don't think you are making "newbie mistakes." Wasn't your explanation of why you were following Crab something like, "He made an impression on me, a new player, as an experienced leader!" Like, come on!

Swamped

Banned
Wait, what? So you mean Fight Club wasn't just a bad joke? Hmm. This gives us a lot to think about, but really not much to discuss actually. It sounds like only Power Roles have access to this 'list' (the rulebreakers list I guess). We will have to guess whether Despair can also pass people in the hallway.

Regarding your role claim, it is a little suspicious but I think it makes sense in the context of this game. Kgtrep also had a one shot power. It also makes sense that you would use it Night 1 since you never know if you will make it through the night.

May I ask why you chose to inspect AB? He seemed pretty ok to my Day 1, not that scummy.

AB's reaction to your information is interesting too (the vote), will have to think about that one. From Pau's posts today I suspected she knew more than she was letting on, but I didn't probe just in case it was a Hope PR. She is pretty close to Franconp though...

Only because come the night, you will probably die. Like I said, you can wait until the end of the day if you like, but with even the smallest chance of you know one of their names, you ARE a dead man walking.

You are correct, but I really think it depends on if Despair has access to this 'rulebreakers' list (that's what I'm calling it now). If what CzarTim says is true, he is essentially an ordinary student and Despair probably has juicier targets. But CzarTim is probably a safe kill for them.

I agree that we shouldn't reveal any more names from the list. It's nice to have a confirmed Hope though.

Makai

Why do you suspect every power role, Swamped? I don't think CzarTim's roleclaim is suspicious in the slightest. He gave us falsifiability for his claims if we ever need it.

Terrabyte20xx

Wait... Salva was killed tonight of all nights... You guys don't think that Despair might have passed him the night they killed Francorp do you? I mean it IS possible after all.

Swamped

Banned
Why do you suspect every power role, Swamped? I don't think CzarTim's roleclaim is suspicious in the slightest. He gave us falsifiability for his claims if we ever need it.

Suspect Everyone. Trust No-one.

I just didn't want you to feel left out <3. Don't worry, I'm not unvoting you yet

CzarTim

Wait... Salva was killed tonight of all nights... You guys don't think that Despair might have passed him the night they killed Francorp do you? I mean it IS possible after all.

Given that salva was a switcher I'm guessing he had to go to both rooms, so it's possible he made a loop of the school. No idea though.

CzarTim

May I ask why you chose to inspect AB? He seemed pretty ok to my Day 1, not that scummy.

AB is a good player and hard to read as scum (you know this), I wanted to know if I could trust my backstabbing bff this game since I generally trust his reads. Also I didn't want to waste a 1-shot on someone who could die N1, so I kind of took Mak/gosh/Crab off the table. I'd rather have a "cleared" townie to trust early on.

I didn't reveal the info yesterday due to the THUNDERDOME, and I didn't want to create a confirmed townie as a nk target. I felt bad that crab spent so much time writing up a read though (sorry).

I fully endorse last minute scrambles. It's really easy for Mafia to fuck up when facing the clock because bandwagons come down upon you hard and swiftly. If the target of a twilight bandwagon is mafia, they gotta get their story straight fast. If their comrade vouches for them, they risk future condemnation. I gave you guys like 3-4 hours, anyway. I explicitly gave Crab my suspects but he kept railing against me and I needed to get back to work. I doubt anyone disputes that I was getting lynched if I didn't nameclaim. The reactions to my reveal certainly provided more information than my gut reactions. It was worth it.

It reminds me of my own strategy as a newcomer mafia. The wiki explained everything and I had a private forum to ask questions. It's really easy to come in fresh and say, "Teach me how to play, guys :3 ." I mean, just look at your explanation of why you "role-claimed:"

"Oops, I'm a newbie, guys."
rolleye0014.gif

You say stuff like this up a lot and I don't buy it. I believe that it's your first game, but I don't think you are making "newbie mistakes." Wasn't your explanation of why you were following Crab something like, "He made an impression on me, a new player, as an experienced leader!" Like, come on!

At the very least, I've addressed these concerns in my opening post in Day 3. I know it is a long post, but I have earnestly put thoughts and effort into it.

In that post, I owned up in it the fact that I have said I was new a few times and that I absolutely bear no excuse.

Therefore, I must implore you again to look at the entire body of my contributions. Including my analysis and player reads and rebuttals, but also including my initial questioning and blunder. If, Hope decides that my entire ledger is at a cost to Hope, I would have no qualms of being nominated as a liability to Hope.

On the other hand, I hardly recall you making a lot of analysis or reads. In fact, I recall a number of other players have held you at their sustained suspicion for a period of time. It may be premature for us to inquire deeper into your power role, as such, but may I suggest, if possible for you to proffer any hints that may help Hope to form our stances in today's stage, if indeed your role is an investigatory one. Although, it seems that we have now a few trackers in play, including AbsolutBro's allusion and CzarTim's one-shot cop? Not sure if this is a normal thing or not.

Just thinking out loud, Hope still hold you at a doubt, and at some time in the future, we would need to verify the legitimacy of your name-claim. If verified, I am sure this would put fellow Hope students more at ease with regards to you. Although if there is no secured way of sending these hints, I would prefer that you withhold information, rather than divulge.

Final note, I do appreciate your scrutiny into me. A lot of assumptions are too easily established and then left unchecked in static. Whenever possible, I believe we should revisit all players, as every new information should alter our positions.

Typo: stasis* not static, alas.

Moreover, to pick up on this line:

The reactions to my reveal certainly provided more information than my gut reactions. It was worth it.

Would you elaborate what information did you gather and how was it worth it? Did it ping any suspect behaviours from any particular players that maybe we can pursue or discuss for today's punishment candidate?

kingkitty

So I've read through what Kalor posted in the past few days, and yeah, under the radar stuff...but right now I'm interested in the Czartim business, with him claiming super debater, and supposedly clearing AB. Is super high-school level debater part of the source material? I think it might be from the second game but I don't wanna spoil myself.

We know for a fact kgtrep's role is from the source material. And so is makai's role claim. But salvapot's role as super high-school level troublemaker isn't (I think). It's nothing enlightening I know, but I just wanted to point that out.

Also Launchpad, could you please link in the op the start and end of Day 1, Day 2, etc.

I can confirm I'm Hope (not that you have any reason to believe me), but if Czar is telling the truth then there's a simple check:

Vote: Pau

One of two things will happen: Pau is Despair and I feel like shit for ever doubting Czar. (that insane post of mine, with all the fucked up line breaks? Read closely)

Option two: Pau is hope, so you kill me (feel real bad about it) and then kill Czar.

IF Czar is hope, Pau won't be.

Can someone outline the issues with this plan for me? I'm gonna drink a little more.

I'm Super High-School Level Debater, I had a one-shot cop which I used on AB night one. He is Hope-aligned. I (poorly) breadcrumbed my result yesterday in the first post I mentioned fight club (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=174796536&postcount=1381) First letter of each sentence is AB NS (not suspicious).

As for fight club, essentially at night when you perform an action, you pass people in the hallway. You get a list of all people you pass. i.e. fight club

Yesterday I was encouraging people not to post about fight club, because I wasn't sure how much the mafia know about it. But Salva was a member of fight club so unless they picked up on it from his posts, there you go.

My *assumption* is the mafia have a ninja killer but any other night abilities show up. That's just a guess though.

I'm so fucking confused. Is fight club a mafia term I should be familiar with?

CzarTim

I mean Pau and I could both be hope and the scum team have a ninja killer. We'd be wasting 2 days on a goose chase.

Also, I say this from the perspective of town and not czar, but if we were to do AB's plan, we should kill me first. I'm essentially an ordinary townie now so potentially less of a risk unless pau was a 1 shot too. *I* know I'm town, but if we're going to go on a potential goose chase start with the person who made the claim.

Pau really could be scum though, I dunno. I just don't want to crucify someone for dumb reasons.

What points exactly?

That you had unvoted prior to both Days' end.

To put your mind at ease, however, I am reading Hard Town from you, so though I have updated my notes on you, you are, at the moment, the furthest away from my suspicion.

I will update my players reads before Day 3 ends, as per usual.

CzarTim

I'm so fucking confused. Is fight club a mafia term I should be familiar with?

No, it's the nickname I gave to the mechanic. It's not a normal mafia thing, and I personally dislike these types of gimmicks because people focus too much on them instead of scum hunting. see: this thread blowing up after I revealed it after being dead all weekend.

Makai

Just thinking out loud, Hope still hold you at a doubt, and at some time in the future, we would need to verify the legitimacy of your name-claim. If verified, I am sure this would put fellow Hope students more at ease with regards to you. Although if there is no secured way of sending these hints, I would prefer that you withhold information, rather than divulge.
No, dude. CzarTim had good reason to reveal his role. I do not.

Newbie tip: role-fishing is not a good look.

Therefore, I must implore you again to look at the entire body of my contributions. Including my analysis and player reads and rebuttals, but also including my initial questioning and blunder. If, Hope decides that my entire ledger is at a cost to Hope, I would have no qualms of being nominated as a liability to Hope.
I have a better idea - post them yourself. I'm not digging through the thread just for your sake. If you have posts that clear you, then make a case for yourself.

On the other hand, I hardly recall you making a lot of analysis or reads. In fact, I recall a number of other players have held you at their sustained suspicion for a period of time. It may be premature for us to inquire deeper into your power role, as such, but may I suggest, if possible for you to proffer any hints that may help Hope to form our stances in today's stage, if indeed your role is an investigatory one. Although, it seems that we have now a few trackers in play, including AbsolutBro's allusion and CzarTim's one-shot cop? Not sure if this is a normal thing or not.
I'm starting to take offense to the accusation that i don't give reads. I am not the kind of player that follows a blind hunch and I do not make formal accusations lightly. If you need some help with where I stand on Day 3, here you go:

HOPE
CzarTim
AbsolutBro

DESPAIR
Crab
Gosh

I'm also assuming there are other one-shots to confuse the fight club, but obviously don't say anything. I am only revealing to clear up confusion for non-fight clubbers and because I can clear AB.

How exactly were we supposed to understand a mechanic none of us without a PR knew existed until a page ago? Or am I missing something? I feel like I'm missing something.

CzarTim

I mean Pau and I could both be hope and the scum team have a ninja killer. We'd be wasting 2 days on a goose chase.

Also, I say this from the perspective of town and not czar, but if we were to do AB's plan, we should kill me first. I'm essentially an ordinary townie now so potentially less of a risk unless pau was a 1 shot too. *I* know I'm town, but if we're going to go on a potential goose chase start with the person who made the claim.

Pau really could be scum though, I dunno. I just don't want to crucify someone for dumb reasons.

or pau and I could both be scum, and we'd be clearing someone for dumb reasons too. I know this isn't true, but there you go.

At the very least I have (had) no knowledge of this fight club nonsense, and I (and I think Crab) independently suspected Pau. Granted my reasoning isn't the best, but it isn't like the argument couldn't be made to vote for her.

CzarTim

How exactly were we supposed to understand a mechanic none of us without a PR knew existed until a page ago? Or am I missing something? I feel like I'm missing something.

Exactly. I don't like things that leave half the town in the dark, which is why I came forward with it.

CzarTim

At the very least I have (had) no knowledge of this fight club nonsense, and I (and I think Crab) independently suspected Pau. Granted my reasoning isn't the best, but it isn't like the argument couldn't be made to vote for her.

By all means, that's fine. Fight club should not be the sole reason to vote for someone is all I'm saying.

Exactly. I don't like things that leave half the town in the dark, which is why I came forward with it.

Well thanks. That's actually... really nice info.

My question is... why didn't kgtrep come forward with this? I mean he was a one-shot power too. I more want to speculate about this because I'm curious, I don't think it will aid us to know.

Well thanks. That's actually... really nice info.

My question is... why didn't kgtrep come forward with this? I mean he was a one-shot power too. I more want to speculate about this because I'm curious, I don't think it will aid us to know.

Let me chime in here and say kgtrep's ability did not have a night time component that involved movement.

That's not to comment on whether anything being discussed is true or not, but he didn't have to visit anyone.

Makai

Eh...you're Hope. If we're killing one of you three, it should be Pau.

TL21xx

Banned
Guys I apologize in advance for my non-existance tomorrow (CST), I have a 10 hour drive back home from vacation to undertake, so I will be radio-silent. Very tough decision to make for voting moving forward. As soon as I have access to a keyboard I will hopefully be able to give some insight.

Makai, I was not role fishing. I was suggesting that at sometime in the future, Hope may very well arrive at a position whereby you would be require to provide some proof to your Day 1 role-claim, which though you claimed to have yielded beneficial information remains unconvincing to Hope, as suggested by the number of votes you seemed to have attracted onto yourself.

However, it seems that I have touched a nerve, and for that, I apologize.

Looks like you will continue to play the game in an antagonistic manner. Nothing untoward with this choice though I believe even though Crab had been brusque, he also wrote a lot of player analysis that I found helpful (and many others, it seems).

As for presenting you with the full body of my contributions, may I at least point you to the following posts:

• No. 795 - My first reads on all players, incidentally the first thorough player analysis in the game
  • No. 1728 - My second reads on all players.
  • No. 1784 - Splinter was left behind on my Day 2 reads.
  • No. 1806 - My response to kgtrep's Scene 2 and 3, and a line of inquiry at Crab's in-game mannerism.
  • No. 2040 - An analysis and some defense for some of my game play, thus far.

Your reads are succinct and bereft of reasoning, except that you seem to have taken offence against Crab and myself. But, I appreciate that you have put forward where you stand as of today's state of things.

Pau

So much for not taking about Fight Club. And here I was hoping to slowly lead Hope to the knowledge of rooms/paths being important.

I'll confirm at least that:

1) I walk around at night.
2) I saw both CzarTim and AbsoluteBro on Night 1.
3) Saw AbsoluteBro and SalvaPot on Night 2, but no CzarTim, so there's a chance he's telling the truth about the one-shot.

I won't name other names because they might be other power roles and I don't want to out them. (The way I've been outed.)

Consider though, the quickest way for me to talk out of this would be to role-claim. Was that AbsoluteBro's aim? Do we want Despair to know what I'm doing at night? And killing me doesn't mean AbsoluteBro and CzarTim aren't lying about their actual actions/alignment. When I turn out to be Hope, it could have been a reasonable action for Despair to hide behind.

I don't know if AbsoluteBro or CzarTim are Hope. I will cross AbsoluteBro no matter what (and vice versa) so seeing him doesn't tell me anything about his direction, unfortunately. But if we're both Despair (and have the choice to go out) why would we do that knowing there might always be someone there to catch us?

Eh...you're [CzarTim] Hope.
Are you sure about that?

Also I did not go that far, so if the person came from the right, I wouldn't have seen.
If you visited AbsoluteBro, you almost travelled as far as you possibly could have in one direction.

CzarTim

I did not go that far = I stopped before getting to fran's room (obviously). So anyone coming from the right side I did not see. As someone pointed out earlier, it's also possible fran was switched during the night and was in someone else's room. I don't know.

Also, I'm really sorry you got revealed Pau, I was trying to keep it quiet by mentioning ninjas. AB is a jerk :-/

Makai

Your reads are succinct and bereft of reasoning, except that you seem to have taken offence against Crab and myself. But, I appreciate that you have put forward where you stand as of today's state of things.
Succinct is good. We're all tired of reading through novels. Bereft of reasoning? Go on.

Makai, I was not role fishing. I was suggesting that at sometime in the future, Hope may very well arrive at a position whereby you would be require to provide some proof to your Day 1 role-claim, which though you claimed to have yielded beneficial information remains unconvincing to Hope, as suggested by the number of votes you seemed to have attracted onto yourself.
Huh? 10 people voted for Crab yesterday. I have a single vote and you think that means I am so distrusted that I should reveal my role? My death will be proof and you're not getting any more than that.

As for presenting you with the full body of my contributions, may I at least point you to the following posts:

• No. 795 - My first reads on all players, incidentally the first thorough player analysis in the game
  • No. 1728 - My second reads on all players.
  • No. 1784 - Splinter was left behind on my Day 2 reads.
  • No. 1806 - My response to kgtrep's Scene 2 and 3, and a line of inquiry at Crab's in-game mannerism.
  • No. 2040 - An analysis and some defense for some of my game play, thus far.

I'll read them if you link or quote them. If there's a way to put those posts numbers in the url, I don't know it.

Anyway, this is my favorite post of yours:

Regarding your question about Crab and why would we see him as the more useful player, this is a very valid point to make. Ultimately, every one would assess how each player has contributed and would try to extrapolate what they would bring to the future.

kgtrep is memorable to me for his enigmatic card game. It became, in a way, the anchor to which my mind returns to when I think of him. Later, as Day 2 breaks, there are additional posts that I associate with him, but first impression matters.

Crab is memorable to me for his reactions in Day 1. He was, and remains, vocal and he has succeeded in portraying that he is well experienced in the game.

In the interest of full disclosure I have to admit that as a newcomer to this, Crab made a very strong impression on me. I scoured over his posts and I immediately try not to fail him further. Yes, further, since I believe I have made the first mistake in Day 1.

I am aware that this is risky, since there is always a chance that Crab is Despair. Regardless, I have faith that he is Hope for reasons I have gone over previously and from this, you can see how I, personally, regard him as a more valuable Hope player for the future.

In summary, I see Crab as a guiding mentor, whilst kgtrep is a fellow player whose first impression on me was a gimmick of a card game.
wtf?

I did not go that far = I stopped before getting to fran's room (obviously). So anyone coming from the right side I did not see. As someone pointed out earlier, it's also possible fran was switched during the night and was in someone else's room. I don't know.

Also, I'm really sorry you got revealed Pau, I was trying to keep it quiet by mentioning ninjas. AB is a jerk :-/

Actually thinking on it more, I can't see how hiding the fight club information is good for Hope. Despair (presumably) has that information and distributes it among themselves. That is an information advantage. Isn't it in Hope's best interest to have as much information as possible?

Makai

Actually thinking on it more, I can't see how hiding the fight club information is good for Hope. Despair (presumably) has that information and distributes it among themselves. That is an information advantage. Isn't it in Hope's best interest to have as much information as possible?
He's worried about people spilling the beans on who they pass in the hall and outing all of our power roles. I think he's right.

Top Bottom