• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Mafia |OT| Grin and Bear It

Sorry for the snark, but you didn't have the ability to go back a few lines and read what he actually claimed? Most of it is at the end of page 21.

So what happened was that I checked this thread on my phone during work today, and it took me to page 46. I for some reason thought I had read all of page 45, so I just didn't bother checking it when I got home on my PC.

So... yeah :-<

Ok, I decided no extra time will be added.

Thank you for coming to a decision very promptly, Launch. This means we have less than 24 hours to push for a more solid lynching front. Our frontrunners at the moment, with 2 votes each, are Makai and Barrylocke, with Barrylocke likely to be replaced for inactivity. There are a significant of players yet to vote, but I believe Day 3 has been weak for Hope, so far.

Not certain if my reads would contribute much, but here it is:

Active players:
  1. Swamped – Picked up her activity in D3. Still reading Hope from her. She’s inquisitive and she puts pressure when she needs to.
  2. CornBurrito – I am reading Hope from him. His style of play is very passionate and he’s always around, ready to engage in any discussion. He did unvote twice so far and it will be something that I will seek to scrutinize in the future if the pattern continues. Doubtful he will repeat his indecisiveness from Day 3 onwards.
  3. CzarTim – Highest post count player. Experienced. Confident. Contributes interesting insights and is responsive to the flow of the game. At the moment, I am unsure of his alignment, but from the three players entangled in the night-roamers reveal, I am reading mostly Hope in the following sequence AbsolutBro > Pau > CzarTim.
  4. Pau – She is mindful and treads careful. I do not think her reluctance to volunteer sensitive information as anti-Hope for the moment. It fits with a Hope-aligned mindset.
  5. AbsolutBro – I lean on believing him for the time being. He comes under some heavy scrutiny from Crab in Day 2, but from what has transpired in Day 3, his moves seem logical to me. By chance, he visited a dead player’s room, thereby thinking he may have witnessed a fell move in the act. His information was counter-confirmed, by Pau and CzarTim, and I believe he is acting in Hope’s best interest.
  6. Crab – Still playing his abrasive style. I am re-evaluating my opinions on him but I still read mostly Hope from him.
  7. Ty4on – He puts together his own analysis and presents findings in an earnest manner. Hope.
  8. Makai – Defensive and quite antagonistic. Unwilling to share some information but it is yet early days. In the course of Day 3, he engaged me in a legitimate scrutiny. He used to read more Despair to me but I believe his emotional responses are quite genuine. At the moment, he is a question mark for me.
  9. Kalor – He remains very moderate throughout. Active, but managing to swim well within the herd. I am waiting for when he makes a strong or bolder move to determine his alignment better.

Middling participation:
  1. Rest – He used to be vocal and visible in Day 1. He has adopted less visibility stance now but I feel his tone and style are consistent.
  2. Sawneeks – When she posts, she makes an effort to contribute well but a number of her reads feel slightly derivative for now. I am leaning more Hope at the moment. She puts forward thoughtful posts in Day 1 that I had liked.
  3. Zippedpinhead – He is more active in Day 3 but it is a new modus operandi. He has come under fire from some other players and he counters the suspicion well. He has played GAF Mafia before so I believe he has some experience. He may provide valuable inputs if he continues to be a more active player.
  4. ViviOggi – Sporadic presence and posting. I believe he has dropped somewhat in participation in Day 3. He reminds me of Kalor with an off-footing. I would be keen to see more from ViviOggi.
  5. *Splinter – Contributes well. Consistent with his suspicion on Crab. This kind of fixation reads Hope to me.
  6. Terrabyte20xx – He participates. Asks questions. He engaged Makai quite pointedly in Day 3.

Hard to read / Not enough information:
  1. TL21xx
  2. Barrylocke
  3. kingkitty

Swamped

Banned
*Splinter - with most people wanting to keep fight club hidden, and me not being part of fight club, all I can guess at are mechanics. There aren't a lot of new posts and suspicions to pick through today (except for my own apparently)

Swamped - I think you and I are on exactly the same page with our assumption.

Makai, please respond to the questions. If I am right it is one of the few things that I think can only benefit town. I don't want to type anymore than that because it could give away specifics which I think would spoil your ability

Hey, Zipped, maybe we were wrong in our assumption about Makai's power. He hasn't even acknowledged our posts. Assuming that power, his play style made so much sense (but was still really anti-Hope imo).

Sorry to talk in riddles but:

Makai, if you have the power I think you have, please use it now, don't wait until the end of the day phase. The sooner you use it, the more time we will have to find other lynch candidates. If you DO have the power I think you have it was VERY Anti-hope of you not to use it, as it would mean that I have been chasing a dud lead for most of this day phase.

You are clearly lying about having investigative powers, this is why I'm leaning towards you being despair. But if there is something you can do to change our minds, now is the time.

Makai

Hey, Zipped, maybe we were wrong in our assumption about Makai's power. He hasn't even acknowledged our posts. Assuming that power, his play style made so much sense (but was still really anti-Hope imo).

Sorry to talk in riddles but:

Makai, if you have the power I think you have, please use it now, don't wait until the end of the day phase. The sooner you use it, the more time we will have to find other lynch candidates. If you DO have the power I think you have it was VERY Anti-hope of you not to use it, as it would mean that I have been chasing a dud lead for most of this day phase.

You are clearly lying about having investigative powers, this is why I'm leaning towards you being despair. But if there is something you can do to change our minds, now is the time.
wtf? Explain yourself. I reponded to your post when I responded to Splinter. I cannot be lying about having investigative powers if I never claimed to have investigative powers.

Swamped

Banned
wtf? Explain yourself. I reponded to your post when I responded to Splinter. I cannot be lying about having investigative powers if I never claimed to have investigative powers.

Ok, so I was so sure that you had the power to REVEAL yourself as a Super Duper High School Hope-aligned Student (boy that's a mouthful). Guess I was wrong in my assumption. OH WELL back to being convinced you're Despair!

Makai

Ok, so I was so sure that you had the power to REVEAL yourself as a Super Duper High School Hope-aligned Student (boy that's a mouthful). Guess I was wrong in my assumption. OH WELL back to being convinced you're Despair!
I'm not telling you my role, dude. Why are you so interested?

Swamped

Banned

I'm not interested in your role, I'm not even convinced that that's your role title. But just in case 'revealing' was your power, now would have been the time to use it (actually end of Day 1 would have been the time), when we still have time to look for other lynch candidates.

Well, I think my assumption on what your role is and what swamped thought your role is are very different. That is why I asked if your role CAN activate at night (not only activate at night, or only during the day, just that it can activate at night).

I'm not going to vote for you, but based on your postings I think I have an idea what your role is.

CzarTim

@CzarTim - Have you changed your mind about Pau?

Honestly no. tbh when I saw how this mechanic worked I just assumed there was a ninja. Maybe that was a mistake, but that's what I thought. I'm not positive of Pau's alignment, but I think lynching her just to test the ninja theory is a mistake. And if she is Hope we'll have to test me too, which means we'll be on day five before we are actually scum hunting.

If we are setting up a chain lynch we should start with me so that if Pau has an information role she has another night to do her thing, but I have a funny feeling based on the way she reacted today that she's town.

Swamped

Banned
Just curious, but what if I said I had an idea on who this possible ninja might be?

...why are you being so coy about this? Just tell us! Maybe I'm just in a suspicious mood right now, but if you don't give me a good reason I'm going to get more and more suspicious of you lol.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
WARNING: THE FOLLOWING IS A LOT OF CONJECTURE BASED SOLELY ON MY THOGUHTS ONLY.

I'm not going to name names YET, but I was looking over the voting records and found something very interesting. I put some stock into this because reads change, context fluctuate, but the votes NEVER lie. I'm playing a long game here, because my data is still too incomplete to be making an accusation. Had GAF not died yesterday this probably wouldn't have been an issue. If you guys are willing to be patient with me for JUST a little longer, I should be able to confidently vote for the person.

That all being said, if you guys REALLY want me to spill, I will comply.

One thing I will say is this: I looked back at day one and found that the person in question performed a scum move that hides in plain sight... Granted it falls into "hindsight bias", is it only counts as evidence if you are convinced they are scum. This is the main reason why I hesitate to spill quite yet.

CzarTim

I'm not going to name names YET, but I was looking over the voting records and found something very interesting. I put some stock into this because reads change, context fluctuate, but the votes NEVER lie. I'm playing a long game here, because my data is still too incomplete to be making an accusation. Had GAF not died yesterday this probably wouldn't have been an issue. If you guys are willing to be patient with me for JUST a little longer, I should be able to confidently vote for the person.

One thing I will say is this: I looked back at day one and found that the person in question performed a scum move that hides in plain sight... Granted it falls into "hindsight bias", is it only counts as evidence if you are convinced they are scum. This is the main reason why I hesitate to spill quite yet.

just post it dude why even keep quiet on something you admit is injector lol

Swamped

Banned

Another name will only do us good. Some of us are getting blindsided by the same players (myself included). Still, I shall welcome your candidate with a healthy dose of skepticism because Day 1 votes aren't usually that telling, and our votes from Day 2 will not give us much info since there were only two candidates.

kingkitty

really hyped for terabyte's post. it might just change the way we play mafia forever.

(i'm writing something too at the moment, but it's boring and lame in comparison, probably)

CzarTim

Even if there is a ninja, the other Despair members are probably up to something at night.

so you're suggesting we lynch everyone who moves at night "just in case"? Like I agree the mechanic has to be useful for something, but unless we all full claim how do we choose who? It's far too early to know at this point and we don't even know what the Mafia know. Pau / AB didn't see salva on night one, so does that mean the scum is on the bottom row? Did they actually see him or just infer from his posts he has an action or was it just a coincidence or did he switch himself with someone?

Pau

so you're suggesting we lynch everyone who moves at night "just in case"? Like I agree the mechanic has to be useful for something, but unless we all full claim how do we choose who? It's far too early to know at this point and we don't even know what the Mafia know. Pau / AB didn't see salva on night one, so does that mean the scum is on the bottom row? Did they actually see him or just infer from his posts he has an action or was it just a coincidence or did he switch himself with someone?
Yup, the problem with this is that we'll end up lynching all the Hope rule breakers except for AbsolutBro (based on CzarTim's testimony.)

Another possibility I thought of is that AbsolutBro appears as Hope to investigators. Are those kinds of roles allowed for forum play? I know stuff like Tanner isn't.

If there is a silent killer, Hope is way, way underpowered in the whole room mechanic thing to the point of it being more a liability than not. In that case, we should probably focus instead on regular Mafia play than targeting rule breakers for now.

CzarTim

Yup, the problem with this is that we'll end up lynching all the Hope rule breakers except for AbsolutBro (based on CzarTim's testimony.)

Another possibility I thought of is that AbsolutBro appears as Hope to investigators. Are those kinds of roles allowed for forum play? I know stuff like Tanner isn't.

If there is a silent killer, Hope is way, way underpowered in the whole room mechanic thing to the point of it being more a liability than not. In that case, we should probably focus instead on regular Mafia play than targeting rule breakers for now.

godfather is the role that investigates as town, but I think it's unlikely we have one in a game with a 1-shot cop.

To be fair, I do not think Makai was suggesting lynching all of the night roamers. I agree with Pau that I am not convinced there is a ninja in play. There is not enough evidence to support it at the moment, not to mention that it may have the potential to upset game balancing issues, but I will keep the possibility open for the time being as we gather more data each night phase.

I would advise against full role claims at this stage.

There is likelihood that Despair may be occupants of the bottom two rows, but at the moment what I am feeling from you is that Makai's line of reasoning seems to touch a sensitive notion and you are reacting slightly differently than usual.

Pau

godfather is the role that investigates as town, but I think it's unlikely we have one in a game with a 1-shot cop.
Ah okay, I'm used to playing the Werewolf version, so for some reason I was under the impression that Godfather was something else.

CzarTim

To be fair, I do not think Makai was suggesting lynching all of the night roamers. I agree with Pau that I am not convinced there is a ninja in play. There is not enough evidence to support it at the moment, not to mention that it may have the potential to upset game balancing issues, but I will keep the possibility open for the time being as we gather more data each night phase.

I would advise against full role claims at this stage.

There is likelihood that Despair may be occupants of the bottom two rows, but at the moment what I am feeling from you is that Makai's line of reasoning seems to touch a sensitive notion and you are reacting slightly differently than usual.

yeah because it's a super fucking dumb plan and why would you start with pau and not me in this scenario. it's a dumb reason to vote for someone and the fact that people are even floating the idea is ridic.

yeah because it's a super fucking dumb plan and why would you start with pau and not me in this scenario. it's a dumb reason to vote for someone and the fact that people are even floating the idea is ridic.

I definitely would not start with Pau, see my post at near the top of this page. Please note I merely stated that I do not believe Makai was advocating the lynching of all the night roamers.

Your reaction is rather surprising.

CzarTim

I definitely would not start with Pau, see my post at near the top of this page. Please note I merely stated that I do not believe Makai was advocating the lynching of all the night roamers.

Your reaction is rather surprising.

Mak said "she's either the killer or not, but despair have people walking around at night." I agree with this statement completely but if she is not the killer is she despair? Mak is not making a case at all for her being scummy based on her posts but purely based on setup spec and a mechanic we don't even understand fully. THIS is why I hate these types of mechanics in mafia games, people focus on them so much it blinds them of everything else. I feel like everyone supporting this plan is basically saying they are willing to waste another two days on a potential goose chase in which a potential hope power role is at risk and why? Because there COULD be no ninja? Like okay, sure, but you're going to have to put together a better case than that before I vote for someone who could have a PR.

My overreaction is because I've never seen someone play so overtly scummy all game as Mak has to the point that there's no way he could possibly be scum because holy hell.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Before we begin, I must preface this with the main reason for my suspicion: It is a general consensus that the most important tool the town has is their individual votes. If one finds suspicion in another, we vote them so that two things become clear: 1. we mean it, 2. They will respond. Suspicion without votes is dead. Our votes, and the manor in which we use them, are what defines us as Hope or Despair. With that in mind, let us look towards the one I speak about...

VOTE: ViviOggi

Evidence(ie. I am not making this up!): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YukkqhjHIkbB1Bv_W_oDEoqbWuVZheb4yRXbl4HT5ZI/edit?pli=1#gid=0

We start with his very first vote on day one, a jump onto the AB bandwagon which Swamped and I started. This immediately turns some heads, and becomes the foundation of what will define him over the rest of the day. After the heat on AB eases up, he unvotes him, and in the same post, talks about his suspicion of King kitty. Just seven posts later, Vivi votes for him, effectively joining the tail-end of his bandwagon.

Then something baffling happens, dispite heavy pressure on KK, Vivi decides to vote for Crab in the midst of him being heavily pressured, stating:"And now, since I didn't get any new, convincing reads from the most recent pages, I might as well throw in my vote - not in hopes of getting a majority, but rather to finally commit to a read and push you further, Crab."Shortly afterwords, he unvotes Crab, in light of Makai's roleclaim, dispite many feeling this only made Crab more suspicious.In the same post, Vivi claims he needs to find a new target, 6 posts later, he posts this suspicion on Zippedpinhead, yet doesn't feel the need to post a vote.Eventually, Vivi decides to settle on King Kitty again.

Now what really perked my interest in in ViviOggi, was the fact that he has the dubious honor of being the ONLY player to have not voted on Day Two. Not once. At first it was simply because he wanted to wait for more information, as he didn't want to tunnel in on only Kgtrep and Crab. Eventually, he states his intent to vote Crab, but doesn't actually go through with it.

His last two "official" posts for Day 2 don't impact my view on him at all, I just found them funny read Back to Back.

And now here we are, Day 3. I was hoping to wait and see how Vivi would react to today, and get more fuel for the fire. The reason for this is because day 3 is critical, as it is Day 3 where we can recognize patterns. As the saying goes: Once is a fluke, Twice is a coincidence, but Three times is a trend. Sadly, this did not come to pass, and I am disappointed, because if he reacted the way I thought he would've, then I could've been able to post this with %100 conviction. But alas, it was not meant to be.

Now here comes the big question: Why would Vivi be the ninja? For that, we must consult the map:

g0iy1rO.png

ViviOggi is in the same hallway as Francorp, Salva, Pau, and AbsoluteBro. If he were indeed scum and have killed either of the dead people, he would have been spotted as a member of 'Fight Club'. Therefore, if he is to be scum, there can only be two posibilities:

1.ViviOggi is a regular goon, and wasn't sent to kill Francorp, and wasn't spotted should he have killed Salva. We know he couldn't have killed Fran under this scenario, because no one spotted him... as far as we are aware, but I'm inclined to believe AB wouldn't have named Pau had he seen someone else as well.

2.ViviOggi is the ninja. Self explanatory.

Now this is under the assumption that Vivi isn't a roleblocker or some other kind of role that CzarTim ran into. It is still entirely possible for that to have occurred as Czar has declined to name anyone he ran into other than those we already know of.

Sorry that this took longer than I had hoped, but I wanted to make sure I have as much context for my post as possible so my suspicions could be made clear.

Mak said "she's either the killer or not, but despair have people walking around at night." I agree with this statement completely but if she is not the killer is she despair? Mak is not making a case at all for her being scummy based on her posts but purely based on setup spec and a mechanic we don't even understand fully. THIS is why I hate these types of mechanics in mafia games, people focus on them so much it blinds them of everything else. I feel like everyone supporting this plan is basically saying they are willing to waste another two days on a potential goose chase in which a potential hope power role is at risk and why? Because there COULD be no ninja? Like okay, sure, but you're going to have to put together a better case than that before I vote for someone who could have a PR.

My overreaction is because I've never seen someone play so overtly scummy all game as Mak has to the point that there's no way he could possibly be scum because holy hell.

I will refrain from speaking for Makai's reasoning. My reading on his intention was only due to the fact that I do not think he or anyone would have suggested something so extreme as to a policy lynch of an entire group of players, in this case, the night roamers.

I agree with you on the risk of wasting potentially two days in a fruitless endeavor. I am not in favour of such fool's errand. If Hope is even considering this plan in any form, I would agree with you entirely and put you forward as first candidate.

As for Makai's despair-read, I still can't quite convinced myself that someone would put himself front and center in such an antagonistic way and be Despair. He's made himself too visible. It may be a bold gambit, however, and I definitely can be persuaded to that slant.

CzarTim

I will refrain from speaking for Makai's reasoning. My reading on his intention was only due to the fact that I do not think he or anyone would have suggested something so extreme as to a policy lynch of an entire group of players, in this case, the night roamers.

I agree with you on the risk of wasting potentially two days in a fruitless endeavor. I am not in favour of such fool's errand. If Hope is even considering this plan in any form, I would agree with you entirely and put you forward as first candidate.

As for Makai's despair-read, I still can't quite convinced myself that someone would put himself front and center in such an antagonistic way and be Despair. He's made himself too visible. It may be a bold gambit, however, and I definitely can be persuaded to that slant.

I get what you're saying, but I think you are taking my "lynch everyone who moves at night" comment too seriously. My point was that if there is a ninja than of course despair have some people moving around at night. At which point it's impossible to tell who that is without lynching everyone. I was exaggerating for effect.

I get what you're saying, but I think you are taking my "lynch everyone who moves at night" comment too seriously. My point was that if there is a ninja than of course despair have some people moving around at night. At which point it's impossible to tell who that is without lynching everyone. I was exaggerating for effect.

We seem to be understanding each other well, then. I am glad. I will note that you were only exaggerating for effect. However, it still sits slightly off with me that you seem to want to sell the 'if' there is a ninja angle rather strongly. Regardless, I will not argue against the likelihood or unlikelihood of a ninja at the moment. We need more data on that front.

Terrabyte seems to have collated a theory. I will peruse this now.

Again, I implore all Hope players to please come forward and join the play at this stage. We are running out of time and our voting situation does not look robust in the slightest.

Swamped

Banned

Wow, thanks for that post! I was going to make some points, but I think it's best if we let ViviOggi himself reply to this post so we don't accidentally put words in his mouth. I will say that the votes are pretty telling, but I'm not convinced by the map 'proving' (that's not the word I'm looking for) that he is the ninja. By that logic anyone in the top two rows could be the ninja. I think it's a little premature to use the map as 'evidence'.

CzarTim

We seem to be understanding each other well, then. I am glad. I will note that you were only exaggerating for effect. However, it still sits slightly off with me that you seem to want to sell the 'if' there is a ninja angle rather strongly. Regardless, I will not argue against the likelihood or unlikelihood of a ninja at the moment. We need more data on that front.

If there is not a ninja then we should all fully reveal all fight club information every day and check for inconsistencies. If there is not a ninja we have enough info to close this game up in a couple of days after a mislynch or two (or at least until all town fight club members are dead.)

If there is not a ninja then we should all fully reveal all fight club information every day and check for inconsistencies. If there is not a ninja we have enough info to close this game up in a couple of days after a mislynch or two (or at least until all town fight club members are dead.)

Logical.

I still would advise against the reveal of full fight club information / roles at this stage. Even if there is not a ninja, we should proceed with caution and let Hope determines with stronger conviction of the likelihood of this element as a community, as a unity. For that, we will need more participation from fellow players in this topic of discussion.

On Terrabyte's theory, I agree with Swamped's approach on both aspects: I will refrain from addressing it, preferring to allow some space for ViviOggi to present his own rebuttal; and, I do believe using the map as the basis for evidence is not a persuasive tackle at this stage for me.

Pau

My fear about this is if there are less Hope rule breakers left than Despair rule breakers, then it will be very easy for Despair to frame Hope as liars. (Which might be the case, given that we're definitely down one [SalvaPot] and likely down two [CzarTim])

As far as Terrabyte's theory goes, neither 1 nor 2 are impossible by what I know. So while the map doesn't confirm the theory, it doesn't invalidate it.

TL21xx

Banned
I'm intrigued by Terrabyte's theory. It seems very interesting. I will also wait to see Vivi's response for the sake of fairness, but am leaning towards joining in TB's vote.

Still running very behind in terms of keeping up with the game, so I am struggling to be able to get clear reads on each individual player. I do understand that its making me a very frustrating player to deal with, and I apologize again for that. The news on Fight Club in particular has thrown me for a bit of a loop. I know details are the main point of the game, but it's been tough to really focus in on them. Hopefully I can give better reads tomorrow.

I'm intrigued by Terrabyte's theory. It seems very interesting. I will also wait to see Vivi's response for the sake of fairness, but am leaning towards joining in TB's vote.

Still running very behind in terms of keeping up with the game, so I am struggling to be able to get clear reads on each individual player. I do understand that its making me a very frustrating player to deal with, and I apologize again for that. The news on Fight Club in particular has thrown me for a bit of a loop. I know details are the main point of the game, but it's been tough to really focus in on them. Hopefully I can give better reads tomorrow.

Tomorrow would be a little late since we now have less than 16 hours on the clock. I know that there is a lot to parse through but I encourage you to at least make an effort to join the discussion prior to the Day's end. Our position is as that of a hopelessly scattered crew at the moment, with our primary lynch candidate being the person that is likely to be replaced. To me, this yields very little in terms of new information because it is such a safe vote for everyone and anyone.

Launch, I was checking the votes and I noticed that you have Barrylocke in two separate columns? In actuality, he is on 3 votes and is the frontrunner, if I am not mistaken?

kingkitty

Here's some hot analysis of a few people who seem to be on two different sides, and how my gut tells me that both people can't be despair at the same time. I kinda stopped at just a few groups, because there's lots of people and this analysis doesn't seem that helpful in hindsight (at least at this stage). But I already typed it up, so yeah.

Makai v Crab: Seems like tension has been bubbling between these two since the "RC Incident" of day 1. Day 2 Makai pushed for Crab over kgtrep. Day 3, Crab put a vote on Makai.

From what I've read, Crab seems convinced Makai was hinting at an investigative role. Looking at his Day 1 role claim post, I didn't see a strong hint towards an investigation role. But I might have f5'ed past that shit. Anyways, it's hard to imagine a player who has the best intentions for the school would hint so early at what would be one of the more important roles for hope. It'd be a real bad play.

Also what's with his bit about dog whistles lol.

Makai said:
@CzarTim, a dogwhistle is a message designed to be understood exclusively by certain people. You said something that makes me think you are Hope.

I tried to understand what that was all about. Did Makai decipher a crazy breadcrumb post? But then I found Czar's post a page earlier that cleared it up a bit:

guys I fixed my dog whistle

Now, I don't think Makai went on exactly to say what that certain something Czar said to convince him he was hope. But honestly, I'm probably just overthinking it.

Anyways a page later Crab said that if he was mafia, he'd "100% percent" kill Makai on night 1 due to various reasons. But of course that didn't happen. Why did despair kill ordinary loser student franconp instead of goshu (who hinted at a power role, if not a switcher) or Makai (who role claimed)?

At least for Makai, I think he had given enough suspicion that the school will kill him down the line. Instead of wasting a night kill on Makai, they went for a guess instead. On night 1, they might have bumped into salvapot, confirming him to be a power role, and killed him on night 2 as a result. Maybe.

Maybe Makai is still alive because he's scum. I remember in Animal Crossing mafia that franconp outed himself as investigator on like what, day 2 or 3. And then he magically survived for quite a long time, and turned out to be scum. (Although this isn't a perfect analogy. But whatever!)

Maybe despair is like Hannibal, and they're letting Makai stew for a bit while they kill other good choices that they bumped into during the night.

anywho, with all the drama between Crab and Makai, I'm convinced that it's not possible for both of them to be scum. There's too much heat between these too, I can't see any logic to this type of despair play.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crab v Cornburrito: Can't see both of them being despair. Like, the confusing exchange between crab and burrito at the tail end of Day 1. What would be the point of that shit if they were both despair. And then Corn trying to move against Crab (later changing his mind) on Day 2. This doesn't smell like despair collusion.

Makai v. Czar: Looking at the last few pages, can't see them both being despair. Czar's arguments with Makai about AB's plan. My gut says if they happen to be both despair having a fake argument, then they deserve some high fives for fooling my gut.

Terrabyte v. Vivivioogi: If they happen to be both despair, and they decided to throw vivi under the bus, this would be some odd timing, no? Therefore, my gut says they both can't be despair.

Absolutbro v. Pau: If they're somehow both despair, then AB's plan to kill Pau would be a pretty unnecessary and bad gambit in my opinion.

AbsoluteBro + Czar: If they're both despair then...

AB as some type of non-ninja despair went into salvapot's room to kill him (or do something else nefarious like role block). Then Czar is like "oh no he might get outed" so he makes a nefarious plan. He does a fake role claim, and says he did a one-shot investigation of AB. And because it's one-shot people can't be asking Czar to do anything else. And because he's now an ordinary student, despair wouldn't bother killing him.

Then AB comes up with the sleepwalker role to explain his movement, and how by luck he went into salvapot's room. And then through unfortunate coincidence salvapot ended up dead.

And then they come up with a nefarious plan to kill innocent Pau (with Czar having a fake argument against it). AB will outline a plan that the school won't ever agree to. "Kill Pau, oh she isn't despair? Then you should kill me after, and then kill Czar. Lets waste three days on this." And then Czar will be all like "no guys if you do this plan, KILL ME first."

Also for lols they both agreed to use the secret message strategy.

I'm not quite 100 percent convinced this is some bold despair play. I can't see the reward for this high risk play. I'm sure someone will outline it for me later, but...I just can't. It puts possibly half of the despair club into needless heat over what, nothing happened yet. There wasn't a mounting vote against AB. Were they afraid Pau would say something? I don't know...just maybe a little too bold for my taste.

Now perhaps only Czar is despair, and used an easy role claim. He picked AB, a player despair knew wasn't one of them. Czar says "oh yes I can confirm AB is hope". I don't believe he specified the role name (which from a normal standpoint is understandable), just that it was hope. Then AB thinks Czar is a good guy. The school, with AB confirming how hope he is, is more convinced of Czar's goodness. I'm not saying I believe that. But for me, that is a more realistic scenario than Czar and AB despair colluding.

That's a little unusual for Launch, is it not? He seems to be quite fond of coming up with all of these Super High-School Student variations.

Thank you for the comprehensive analysis, KingKitty. I never thought to do a Player vs Player based assessment. Very interesting. I shall contemplate your perspectives and I may return with a few comments of my own. Much appreciated.

CzarTim

That's a little unusual for Launch, is it not? He seems to be quite fond of coming up with all of these Super High-School Student variations.

alignment cops only see the person's alignment, rolecops only see the role name. Sometimes cops get both info, but not always. I only received AB's alignment is what I'm saying.

Top Bottom