• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer [Mafia] |OT| Wait, I Had Something For This

cabot

Yes. Please sound off on my consolidated proposal for the day! That goes for everyone, not just cabbeh. [Darryl likes it! And presumably so does YNNNY, because this is an extension of her thoughts of putting squid/Ezekel on the mission]

PS. I would never ignore you!

LessThanThree (<3)

Your idea is pretty solid. It would be careless not to try to protect squidy if we decide as a unit to go along with him on Haly. We can determine his claims in D5, but the reality is he's claimed cop, and no one has contested so far. It's anti-town not to offer as much help as possible until we can prove/unprove the claim, which will be helped by what happens to Haly. It would also eliminate some forced murdering which is what Kris' plan initially pointed to.

I'll drop to let Ezekel in once we have someone ready with squidy lined up.

Gorlak

Banned
Darryl: thanks for clarifying.

Yes. Please sound off on my consolidated proposal for the day! That goes for everyone, not just cabbeh. [Darryl likes it! And presumably so does YNNNY, because this is an extension of her thoughts of putting squid/Ezekel on the mission]

This does sound reasonable. Was thinking about squid as honeypot, but realized they were both on mission Night3, so I don't see any harm in this plan. I would unvonlunteer if necessary/nobody else would.

Gorlak, Darryl is just Darryl :D He's awesome and handsome but a bit rough around the edges, which makes him..... handsomer? Oddly @___@;;;

TheG, ugh i love LOVE love that lena headey and oberyn's actor avatar of yours, I've been fighting the urge to say that for the longest longest longest time :x

(and yesh, I likey your proposal. it's got good legs.)

ugh that episode though. it will haunt me for loooooooooooooooooooooooong time yet x___x;;;;

in that veins, squidy, please volunteer? thankie!

cabbeh the cupid :D!!! wheeeeeeee~

Excellent. Thank you, you four. For easy new-page reference, I'm going to quote my (and YNNNY's) plan for today:

To test squidy's cop claim, we do two things:

1. Lynch Haly. (I explained this in the second section of a previous post)
2. Put squid and Ezekel on a mission (with others if necessary), and have squid investigate Ezekel. This second step is a multi-purpose move-- it will test both their roleclaims, and if squid really is cop, it keeps him relatively safe. There is another benefit: the cop is a huge target for mafia, and if squid dies in the night, our list of suspects is convenient and manageable.

If Haly is actually town, we lynch squid tomorrow, and we still eliminate a KGB for the price of Haly, who claims to be an ordinary drone.

People who support this plan:
Darryl (You abrasive fuck! :p)
cabbeh (<3)
Gorlak (It would definitely take the heat off you, not that you need it)
YesNOnoNOYes (Thank you! It was from an interview of theirs where they showed amazing chemistry. That horrific episode D: I also like all your avatars!)

Mission volunteer list, in order:
Mazre (perfect attendance!)
Kristoffer
Gorlak (willing to unvolunteer if needed)
cabbeh (will unvolunteer so that Ezekel can move up in line)
---
(Volunteer backups)
EzekelRAGE

squidy, we've already got a place for you in the mission, so please volunteer. Everyone else, please chime in.

Another possibility I see with the plan is if squidy is actually KGB+role cop. In the event that Haly flips mafia, we might believe that squidy is town-cop, so he can bide his sweet mafia+role cop time. However, this falls under the bussing theory, which is highly unlikely (discussion of which I saw begin here). Still, it's possible, so if Haly does wind up being mafia, squidy isn't quite off the hook yet. However (yes, another "however"), in the event that squidy is mafia+role cop, he will be on the mission, and will be another suspect if someone not-squidy dies on the mission. Plus, if Haly is mafia and squidy is mafia+role cop, that's two KGB we net! :D

Of the people who support the plan, only YNNNY has a vote for Haly (I also have a vote for Haly). I know that we don't want to end the day yet by reaching majority, so Darryl, cabbeh, and gorrlak, I'd like to request your assurance that you'll vote for Haly when the mission list includes Ezekel and squidy.

Ourobolus, could we have an updated vote list?

Rightie-o

So, cuz I have this OCD habit of going back through everyone’s posts.... I thought I should read back on squidy’s. And ugh, he populates my notes like the superheroes genre populates the movie landscape. In that, he makes A LOT OF APPEARANCES XD..... and his posts are mostly worth noting cuz they say stuff about where he’s going or wut he’s thinking, and ugh squidy, ilu but also ihu so much right now.

Ok so here’s some stuff of interest:

#352 … he thinks roy’s okie
#441 … agreeing with cabbeh that mafia wouldn’t risk killing within a mission cuz risk too high
#456 … he suss on haly for implying that the mission stuff isn’t that important
#544 … giving TheG some leeway and reminds people TheG is posting from the Phillipines. Timezones sux. He’s also coming down on Razmos here…. I never noticed how hard he was on Razzy until now cuz I was always feeling super guilty about nudging him (that preceded his exit from the game) … BUT NOT ANYMORE. It’s on you now squidypoo! >:D
#731 … not gonna treat newbies with soft gloves.

Then a lot of posts follow where he suspects everyone and anyone including burbeting, arkos, .... and cabbeh cuz cabbeh was nice to him … XD

#1032 … he made up his mind on a number of players at that stage of play cuz he’s got better reads on them (I like this post. Squidy came across as someone who can internalize new info on and adapt accordingly)
#1805 … he said he’d believe ER’s claim is legit until there’s evidence otherwise

And that’s just the summaries of things in D1 and 2 ( D3 notes is mostly full with El Topo fiasco :< )…. squidy makes A LOT of posts and he’s pretty forthcoming and super engaging and generates loads of reads off himself. Which is sort of contradictory to Haly, oddly. Haly simpy makes a pretty ….uh, nice, seeming presence? I can’t read Haly too well. He’s mostly just very pleasantly and I have weakness against corgis and stuff.

Anyway~ I’ll do Haly next… seeing it’s Sunday evening and I’m in denial that tomorrow’s a work day :<

Thank you, Darryl and Ourobolus.

And I'm sorry, Gorlak for spelling your name right twice and then misspelling it the third time.

Great pulls on squidy, YNNNY. He is incredibly astute. We really do have to put the missions to good use-- if Ezekel and squidy's roleclaims are confirmed, we can use missions as their (relatively) safe haven for however long we want. And if either of them dies on a mission, then we have at least one KGB in the bag!

Looking forward to your Haly index.

Ourobolus

Banned
Septimus Prime (0)
cabbeh

Haly (6)
Septimus Prime
squidyj
Arkos
YesNOnoNOYes
TheGoddamn
Kristoffer

squidyj (0)
Kristoffer
Mazre

Kristoffer (0)
Darryl

Hobohodo (1)
Darryl

Mazre (1)
Palmer_v1

Seath (1)
cabbeh

VOLUNTEERS
Mazre
Kristoffer
Gorlak
cabbeh
===BACKUP===
EzekelRAGE

10 votes are needed for majority.

Enker

Woke up to a good theory from TheGoddamn.

If you hadn’t mentioned lynching Haly I’d be very suspicious, but it all seems to check out to me with the one potential Devil’s Advocate of...Squidy being Mafia Cop (per your own Wiki link which mentions this option for Cop). I forget which post I mentioned it, but I theorized before today (D4) that Mafia has an investigator because of the totally weird but not suspicious at all fact that two doctors died in a row. Yes, we lynched the first one, but someone killed the clone.

In this scenario, we now have three folks who claim they “need to be on missions for their own safety/security/etc...” (Mazre, Ezekel), or that their role is powerful enough that they Town would want them on the mission (Squidy). Does anyone other then me find it odd that we’re starting to fill up the Mission slots with the same folks that then can’t have Town night roles used on them (unless said night power roles are also on the mission, but as noted, we’re filling those up with the same players)?

With that reservation noted, I am in acceptance of your plan as the best option for today and pledge to lynch Haly if needed.

My other option for a lynch today is Mazre, going back to my original suspicion amplified by the fact that he’s on the dot for volunteering every time.

Okies, I had gone back and re-read a bit on my notes for Mr. Corgi. I found these:

Early D1, Haly was mostly sounding pretty conscientious about the volunteering mechanism thingy.

I noted that I appreciated how he sometimes offered reads when he could #677, #902, #977, #1572. Total corgi adorableness, as you guys can see :>

The only other thing I picked up that was of note in D2 was this post here:

• #1802 - pushing soft hints that it was squidy that started the zubz wagon. (it was actually darryl that started the zubz wagon, and HALY was the one that picked it up second. squidy came as third vote) (sure, maybe was confused and stuff. sure):

Having trouble keeping up, sorry if I'm not writing as much as people would've liked.

RE: Zubz

Suspicion fell off of him. Was it just squidy pushing Zubz? A single vote is harmless but I really disagree with putting squidy ahead of today's pack of suspicious characters. That post trying to link El Topo with squidy with Darryl is just bizarre.

RE: Squidy

Squid is playing very, very, aggressively town. I don't agree with the methodology but it's evidently effective at getting people to sweat. Really a mistake to even try to lynch him right now. I get that some people are offended but that's not really scum, is it?

Zubz is top for me right now, but I'll vote for whatever gets a lynch going like last time. Also, just a reminder, no last second outbursts again.

So, D1 and 2 aside, in D3 my notes has a remark that haly picked up his involvement right at the potential sk reveal El Topo saga:

• #2057, #2064, #2083, #2089, #2130 - he was peeeerrrdy keen in taking out topopi the multishot killer (sure topopi has pissed enough townies by that stage, and lots of peeps just wanted him out of the game, but haly's frequency of stating his eagerness to kill the sk popped on me radar) ...... and the funnnnny thing was that he didn't actually vote for topopi on D2, not even once so the contrast was like ... "whats going on with this person!" was in my head :O

Anyhoo. Not sure if that's scumtell cuz most of Haly's posts when he's not too concerned about the big-bad-sk have been pretty pro-Agency, I think! I remember I liked some of his comments.

Not saying that it’s definitely scum to want to eliminate an unaligned killer but yeah, as far as I’m aware in past GAFia history, it was the Mafia that got pretty obsessed with eliminating the SK in GAFia season 1? I guess there’s so few Mafia in play usually that they are more concerned about being accidentally taken out at night than town? Or something like that… IDK

But yeah, just noticing in Haly’s past posts, his concerns re: the sk was a weird highlight~

Enker

Also, I’d like to ask Squidy, based on [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=174394833&postcount=944”]This Post[/URL] why he didn’t investigate me?

Mazre

I'll preface this by saying that while I am suspicious of Haly, this isn't the way to go about it. If you think Haly is KGB or have an actual argument against him fine. If you're doing so in an attempt to prove/disprove squidyj as an investigator then let me save you the trouble. This is a complete farce and squidyj is lying about being an investigator. When I mentioned a double down earlier it wasn't in regards to his investigations, it was in regards to the claim of being an investigator. That said I'm also not convinced that squidyj is necessarily KGB, it really does seem like such a terrible play from KGB perspective, and honestly not much better from town side.

How can I be so sure? Well it honestly goes back to being on the missions, and that's about as far as I'm willing to disclose at the moment. Related to that I see that people are once again pointing out my volunteering. Let me point out what should be painfully obvious. Mafia is a game of information, information is power, the missions are an extra source of information. With the exception of Burbeting and a few exceptions based on PRs people should want to be on the missions. They provide both information and at least in the early going of the game some perceived safety. We were fortunate night 1 and 3 but it could just as easily been a total of 6 kills (or more potentially) during that period.

For now:

VOTE: Mike_Hawk689

Has been almost a complete non-entity this game and with the exception of one replaced player didn't even cast a vote on D2.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
But yeah, just noticing in Haly’s past posts, his concerns re: the sk was a weird highlight

Oh that one is simple. I don't play generically aggressive like darryl or squid. I go on a target only after I've caught scent of a real lie, like topo saying he "tracked" Roy with his rouge or whatever, when he already admitted to being a killer and when Roy was already dead.

I prefer to work with facts, not intuition.

(Palmer was immune. This is why he was a perceived threat to S1 mafia. Topo had no such protection.)

Oh that one is simple. I don't play generically aggressive like darryl or squid. I go on a target only after I've caught scent of a real lie, like topo saying he "tracked" Roy with his rouge or whatever, when he already admitted to being a killer and when Roy was already dead.

I prefer to work with facts, not intuition.

(Palmer was immune. This is why he was a perceived threat to S1 mafia. Topo had no such protection.)

You really messed up his Cate Archer role claim! :>

I just thought it was a markedly pronounced interest in the game from you, Haly. You seem to be a little reserved in this game compared to the previous gafia ones. But the sk seemed to have piqued your concerns pointedly.

Anyway, I not contesting the whole ET thing was a fiascoooo so that's that. Just ... yeah these were my notes and i just putting them up cuz its what I do~

Okies I sleep now. It's coming up to 2 AM my time suddenly :<

Wow. TheGoddamn really came through.

Cool, there are already two people willing to unvolunteer, so I don't need to unvolunteer. Squidyj needs to get on the volunteer list.

I will say I am sort of uncomfortable with Kris on a mission with me. I don't trust him. He was too happy to think I am not bp. So, probably won't be much discussion on my end during the mission tbh. I'm cool with the Squidy/ theory for me, except it creates a situation where, what if he is lying about Haly.

I will say I am sort of uncomfortable with Kris on a mission with me. I don't trust him. He was too happy to think I am not bp. So, probably won't be much discussion on my end during the mission tbh. I'm cool with the Squidy/ theory for me, except it creates a situation where, what if he is lying about Haly.
UNVOLUNTEER
TG covered that: if he's lying, then we'll lynch him tomorrow. We can afford a mislynch at the rate we're going.

Septimus, the whole game you've been going aginst Squidyj, but as soon as he claims cop or agent or operative, you side with him? I have no objection about what Squidyj is saying it can be true, but with all these mistakes? 4 check in 3 nights, different roles names? Claiming to be something else in missions and saying their all fake claims, I wouldn't be surprised if this claim is fake also given the fact that you've been against Haly since day 1.

Mazre, a vote against me when there's something much more bigger happening right now? Really?
OMGUS lol

Mazre

Septimus, the whole game you've been going aginst Squidyj, but as soon as he claims cop or agent or operative, you side with him? I have no objection about what Squidyj is saying it can be true, but with all these mistakes? 4 check in 3 nights, different roles names? Claiming to be something else in missions and saying their all fake claims, I wouldn't be surprised if this claim is fake also given the fact that you've been against Haly since day 1.

Mazre, a vote against me when there's something much more bigger happening right now? Really?
OMGUS lol

Absolutely, what's going on right now is complete FUD and I will have no part in it.

The fake role claims do bother me. What if Darryl's right about the chess game? What if we're not seeing the bigger picture?

And why isn't Haly putting up a fight?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I dislike drama, it just adds to noise.

And I'm on the road.

Gorlak

Banned
For now I just want to leave some opinions here:

Kristoffer: claimed drone when joining; wanted to kill squidyj first today, for whatever reasons; created quite a fuss yesterday, strays in many directions, almost as if he wants to be dead, very chaotic, changes his mind often

Mazre: 4 night missions make him suspicious, now says squid is lying and we should believe him because of nebulous reasons (maybe you can clarify more)

Darryl: impolite, aggressive, can't read him at all

YesNOnoNOYes: most likely pro town, her check ups are reasonable; but plays the cute and adorable one

squidyj: cop claim, will see next day phase what he's up to

haly: do not see him as scum, but has to be sacrificed to prove squidyjs claim

TheGoddamn: haven't read much from him yet, but extended YNNYs plan today which is being a productive town member

cabbeh and Arkos: claimed to be drones early on, ourob supported them

I will come up with more the next days :)

Mazre

He claimed something else in chat.

I hate being used as a prop by fake Cops, so I'm a bit concerned about the direction this is going. I feel more strongly about other issues for now though.

I'd let it slide for the time being.

Since we couldn't talk last night, what are your reads overall? hobo, haly, or any others you feel strongly about?

Just to point out, but that's 3/3 of last nights chat calling bullshit on squidyj. The reason for not being more specific is working from the hope/assumption that KGB hasn't completely infiltrated the mission chats.

cabot

Well we knew there was contradicting role claims.

I don't know why you feel the mission chats are more telling than the thread itself. I would be weary of being completely up front in the mission with you in the room.

Mike doesn't read as scum to me, just a very inactive town player.

Palmer_v1

Gorlak volunteered immediately (wow such preperation. I didn't even realize how volunteering worked until I was a few posts in) then proceeds to just disappear. Comes off as prearranged scummery. Simple counter argument can be created by any mafia group by saying "darryl did it too, he's scummy right?".

QuantumBros, Haly, Palmer, Hobohodo have been active yet aloof. They're here but they like the direction the game is going. The losing direction. Quantum the least of the 4.

Kris is very disruptive. Yolo playstyle?

Catching and killing El Topo was a win in my book. He was likely to kill more townies if left alone. I'm not sure how anyone could be upset by that.

Palmer_v1

Just to point out, but that's 3/3 of last nights chat calling bullshit on squidyj. The reason for not being more specific is working from the hope/assumption that KGB hasn't completely infiltrated the mission chats.

I'm not saying he's NOT the cop, but he never said anything about it in night chat if he was. The way he started the day was a surprise to me. We're the ones that were talking about who the cop probably is.

I'm not saying he's NOT the cop, but he never said anything about it in night chat if he was. The way he started the day was a surprise to me. We're the ones that were talking about who the cop probably is.

When you are saying ''We're the ones'', is it just you ER and Mazre or all you four together?` And who did you guys think it was?

Palmer_v1

Excellent. Thank you, you four. For easy new-page reference, I'm going to quote my (and YNNNY's) plan for today:

People who support this plan:
Darryl (You abrasive fuck! :p)
cabbeh (<3)
Gorlak (It would definitely take the heat off you, not that you need it)
YesNOnoNOYes (Thank you! It was from an interview of theirs where they showed amazing chemistry. That horrific episode D: I also like all your avatars!)

Mission volunteer list, in order:
Mazre (perfect attendance!)
Kristoffer
Gorlak (willing to unvolunteer if needed)
cabbeh (will unvolunteer so that Ezekel can move up in line)
---
(Volunteer backups)
EzekelRAGE

squidy, we've already got a place for you in the mission, so please volunteer. Everyone else, please chime in.

Another possibility I see with the plan is if squidy is actually KGB+role cop. In the event that Haly flips mafia, we might believe that squidy is town-cop, so he can bide his sweet mafia+role cop time. However, this falls under the bussing theory, which is highly unlikely (discussion of which I saw begin here). Still, it's possible, so if Haly does wind up being mafia, squidy isn't quite off the hook yet. However (yes, another "however"), in the event that squidy is mafia+role cop, he will be on the mission, and will be another suspect if someone not-squidy dies on the mission. Plus, if Haly is mafia and squidy is mafia+role cop, that's two KGB we net! :D

Of the people who support the plan, only YNNNY has a vote for Haly (I also have a vote for Haly). I know that we don't want to end the day yet by reaching majority, so Darryl, cabbeh, and gorrlak, I'd like to request your assurance that you'll vote for Haly when the mission list includes Ezekel and squidy.

Ourobolus, could we have an updated vote list?

I want to check Haly's posts before I commit to this, but assuming nothing stands out to me, I'm willing to go along with this. You also need to get squidyj to volunteer for the mission and sort all of that out.

Palmer_v1

When you are saying ''We're the ones'', is it just you ER and Mazre or all you four together?` And who did you guys think it was?

The former. It's something we've talked about a little in each chat so far, but nothing has stood out. Even if it had, why the fuck would I tell you who I think the Cop was?

squidyj

Oh Enker, I didn't investigate you or septimus or topo because like I already said I wasn't looking at the scummiest players, but the players that could easily be scum but might otherwise skate by.

I'm assuming he thinks there is another doctor or protective role that will protect him tonight. This will allow him to inves someone else w/o making it obvious with him going on a mission with them as well.

IF there is another doctor or protector role, he can protect squidy w/o coming forward. But if we go thru with our plan of having squidy on a mission and inves ppl 1 by 1, eventually we would run into a KGB who would just go ahead and kill squidy on a mission neway.

I'm assuming he thinks there is another doctor or protective role that will protect him tonight. This will allow him to inves someone else w/o making it obvious with him going on a mission with them as well.

IF there is another doctor or protector role, he can protect squidy w/o coming forward. But if we go thru with our plan of having squidy on a mission and inves ppl 1 by 1, eventually we would run into a KGB who would just go ahead and kill squidy on a mission neway.
Assuming there is another doctor is daft on his part. Switcher, possibly. It's much better to have squidyj on the mission because he can validate your roleclaim (and then I will trust you forever), and then we can keep him on the missions and send people on them to get investigated. If someone does sneak on and kill him, then we have 3 very good candidates who did it, as opposed to a whopping 16. This is exactly what the missions are for.

AND FURTHERMORE. If squidyj is KGB, that is one less scumbag out in the open killing people, so it will have to be a different person making the kill. And we'll know through Haly's lynch whether he is or is not.

Assuming there is another doctor is daft on his part. Switcher, possibly. It's much better to have squidyj on the mission because he can validate your roleclaim (and then I will trust you forever), and then we can keep him on the missions and send people on them to get investigated. If someone does sneak on and kill him, then we have 3 very good candidates who did it, as opposed to a whopping 16. This is exactly what the missions are for.

AND FURTHERMORE. If squidyj is KGB, that is one less scumbag out in the open killing people, so it will have to be a different person making the kill. And we'll know through Haly's lynch whether he is or is not.

ER said that you believe his is town-aligned and that you don't believe that he is BP. Having Squidyj inves ER won't make you trust him forever since Squidyj said he only gets alignments

Top Bottom