• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heist [Mafia] |OT| Snakes on a Train

Ty4on

Kawl is weird. I kinda see why some find me suspicious looking at his post because he just does some prodding and soft reads. He's also stayed out of this.

Kawl_USC

Yea I was busy with stuff at the end of the day and wasn't able to stay updated on these last minute shenanigans. Sorry.

It had to come to this. You wanted to say that you were surprised, but you weren’t. Even after all those years together, pulling impossible jobs and risking everything in each other’s hands, it had to come to this moment.

Slowly, deliberately, and with painstaking clarity, you realised one truth: They never understood you.

Time seemed to slow down. You observed each of the crewmember stood up, not swiftly, not slowly, but with a kind of determination in their eyes. They reached into their jackets and axes appeared at their hands. They took a step forward, weapons at the ready.

You backed away.

They crowded into your space. You wanted to say something, to fight this…! But it was too late.

A thief spat to one side, “Sorry, mate. It had to be you. I can smell it on you. My SickReads™ app said so!”

You flailed, desperately. “No! Not me!”

“I never liked your face, Mazre! Aeeeeee!!!!!!”

Another thief cackled out loud, sharpening an axe, “Well, personally, I… I like your face. So I’m carving it out for my own!!!”

Colours drained from your expression. “Not my face!!!”

You put your arms up, a final instinctive urge to protect yourself. The last thing you saw was a blur of sharpness and stark eyes and somewhere in between all of those shouting and gritted teeth, you glimpsed ...a few smiling.

Kq0hhYY.gif

Mazre has been removed from the train.

Welcome Mazre!

You are A THIEF WITH HONOR. You are aligned with THE CREW.

You have always been a professional with principles and you stick by your people, through thick and thin. You hardly can believe it that some of your pals are actually considering killing you in the name of money and personal gain. The crew was sacred, is it not? After all, you risked everything together! How could they do this to you?! You will not let them get away with it.

You have the power to VOTE out a fellow passenger off the train during Day Phases with the command, Vote: <Player’s Name>.

Your train can be found here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1158386

Good luck!

You win when you’ve eliminated ALL TRAITORS.

“Well, good. He was probably the one you lot thought as the scummiest?” The Client commented brightly. “More for the rest of you, I say.”

Each person’s share is now: 1.07 INTERNET BILLION DOLLARS

Emerging from Tunnel in:
bla_1450735200.png

Night 1 Begins

UOj5hQP.png

Effective immediately:

CzarTim will be replacing cabot
Sawneeks will be replacing Burbeting

PSA: Remember the rules pls

2. Unless your Role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, discussion about this game is strictly confined to this thread.

zUYyYSX.png

Now emerging from Tunnel!

Cabot checked his watch impatiently, he didn't know why but he felt he was in wrong place at the wrong time. "This trip has been a mistake. I shouldn't have boarded the train. Aids."

An announcement from the train speaker. "Is there any doctor amongst you?"

The passengers looked amongst each other but none of them stood up. A few minutes passed. Finally someone stood up, Cabot. "I have some previous experiences with trying to save people."

The train’s steward looked at Cabot and raised his eyebrow, "Trying?"

Cabot scowled. "Hey, it's not my problem if the nurse switched my medication. I gave them the right diagnosis."

The steward was unconvinced but he didn't have any other choice. "Right, could you come with us then, we need to hurry. A bear is in a dire condition."

Before Cabot could leave with him, another thief grabbed his arm. "Wait, what about the mission? Especially, what about your share?"

Dr. Cabot shrugged. "Duty calls. Don't worry, I have aids. You can give my money to CzarTim instead."

Immediately after hearing the name, a few of the thieves' faces became very pale. "WHAT?! Did you just say .... CZARTIM? CzarTim, … wasn’t he a delinquent from Despair Academy? The FightClub mastermind? THE CZARTIM?!"

By this time, Cabot was already out of hearing distance, as a doctor in mind, soul, and spirit, he had to do his duty which was to exit immediately from the train and attend a bear in trouble.

"Ah well. At least, we'll get CzarTim. He'll be a real help to us." Some of the thieves were quite happy with this announcement, but a few looked at each other with terror in their eyes. Secretly, they nodded to each other. As soon as the train went dark inside the tunnel, they separated themselves from the rest and went to a secret compartment. Keeping their voices down, they whispered to each other urgently.

"So this CzarTim guy..."

"He's too dangerous. I can't predict what he's going to do. He might do all kinds of unnecessary gambits."

"That's right. Didn't you know that last summer he caught several wolves by himself?!"

"No, that's not what I've heard. I heard he bribed millions of dogecoins for the hunting privilege."

"But he still killed the wolves, no? My point stands. He's too dangerous to board this train. Agree?"

The traitors looked at each other and slowly, they all nodded.

"Okay. You know what to do."

j9QiXUi.gif

CzarTim has been removed from the train.

Welcome CzarTim!

You are A THIEF WITH HONOR. You are aligned with THE CREW.

You have always been a professional with principles and you stick by your people, through thick and thin. You hardly can believe it that some of your pals are actually considering killing you in the name of money and personal gain. The crew was sacred, is it not? After all, you risked everything together! How could they do this to you?! You will not let them get away with it.

You have the power to VOTE out a fellow passenger off the train during Day Phases with the command, Vote: <Player’s Name>.

Your train can be found here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1158386

Good luck!

You win when you’ve eliminated ALL TRAITORS.

“Oh, dear. CzarTim? I had never known that he was considered such a threat to be taken out as early as possible. Very manly.” The Client commented, slightly hungry.

Between all the commotions, a cape-hooded figure slipped into the train. She scanned her fellow compatriots and decided to sit where the bear used to.

“And welcome aboard Sawneeks. Didn’t realise you were with us! We look so much alike that I had thought you were me. Well, well, I wonder what’s for lynch. I mean lunch. Yes.”

Each person’s share is now: 1.2 INTERNET BILLION DOLLARS

-

The Client checked the horizon and saw the Tunnel was approaching faster than before!

“Looks like it will be a nice, long, dark break next time, thieves! Enjoy your Christmases!”

Tunnel approaching in:
gra_1450908000.png

Day 2 Begins

7 to achieve majority

squidyj

That was an interesting kill. Killed 'cabot'. Why would they do that? I hardly believe it would reflect significantly poorly on me to do so.

Anyways, Unless Ty flips scum I feel like the flippers are probably all town and that we should probably try focusing on people who avoided the whole debacle at the end of the day.

Sawneeks

Banned
Wow, the scum team really are thieves with no honor. Poor Tim. :(

Also

Corn what the hell was that at the end of Day 1? I had you pinned down as like 54% Scum and then you pull votes out of nowhere and flip-flopped so much I got whiplash by just keeping up. Can you run through your thought process there and why you followed squidy and changed your vote 3 or 4 times??

redhood56

Banned
I want to begin this post in song
We are all doomed(inspired by Batman Arkham Knight)
Take me home on the death train
In day 1 our corny friend was slain!
He was a townie
But went out with a frownie!
But look whos going to die now!
Yes all the townies, wow!
Squidy made a big fuss
But in the end all he did was lie to us!
Look who’s going to die now!
Yes all the townies wow!

But a new come to play!(lol czar)
But look who’s dying now!
Yes all the townies wow!
But in day 2 I will go
Because everyone wants me gone!
Sorry lady and gents but it’s time
That this day is mine!

DRUM SOLO TIME
b8pJA2c.gif

Now that the song is over, let me explain my flip. I thought squidy wouldn't push for someone so hard because if they flipped town he would look real bad.

FluxWaveZ

Damn, and I was all ready to greet my good buddy CzarTim, too. Traitors must have had a real chuckle when they sent in that kill command.

Anyways,

Vote: CrimsonFist

I don't really care what happens today in relation to this vote; it probably won't change.

I think the best guess for the amount of scum is 3. 4 in the worst case scenario, as someone mentioned before, but that seems a bit much when we started with 15 and there are no PRs in play.

I don't think I need to explain how that Day 1 end was a real mess. Here we have:
Is it tie?

I'll break it.

VOTE: Mazre
CornBurrito putting in a literal last minute vote when there actually wasn't a tie. Plus, he was talking about "final votes" and such, despite being one of the people to actually switch his mind the most.

And then we have:
Fine

Vote: Mazre
CrimsonFist, the one to break the tie and end up lynching Mazre, a townie, in a literal last minute vote after also switching votes a bunch.

Nah, son.

Ourobolus

Banned
Wow, the scum team really are thieves with no honor. Poor Tim. :(

Also

Corn what the hell was that at the end of Day 1? I had you pinned down as like 54% Scum and then you pull votes out of nowhere and flip-flopped so much I got whiplash by just keeping up. Can you run through your thought process there and why you followed squidy and changed your vote 3 or 4 times??

I want to hear this too. I mean, it's not unlike Corn to be a flip-flopper, but still.

I doubt scum would sit around waiting for the end of the day to force a lynch, a least D1, but there was a lot of voting shenanigans in that last fifteen minutes that I think it at least bears looking into.

I also want to hear Splinter's thoughts on this turn of events.

Damn, and I was all ready to greet my good buddy CzarTim, too. Traitors must have had a real chuckle when they sent in that kill command.

Anyways,

Vote: CrimsonFist

I don't really care what happens today in relation to this vote; it probably won't change.

I think the best guess for the amount of scum is 3. 4 in the worst case scenario, as someone mentioned before, but that seems a bit much when we started with 15 and there are no PRs in play.

I don't think I need to explain how that Day 1 end was a real mess. Here we have:

CornBurrito putting in a literal last minute vote when there actually wasn't a tie. Plus, he was talking about "final votes" and such, despite being one of the people to actually switch his mind the most.

And then we have:

CrimsonFist, the one to break the tie and end up lynching Mazre, a townie, in a literal last minute vote after also switching votes a bunch.

Nah, son.

Ok, to explain my flip: I misread the vote count. I was going by the vote tally higher up on that page when I placed my first vote, assuming that it was a tie. Obviously it wasn't because CornBurrito took his vote off just after that. When Droplet placed her vote, I assumed that was bringing it back to a tie again, so flipped mine.

Sawneeks

Banned
I want to hear this too. I mean, it's not unlike Corn to be a flip-flopper, but still.

I doubt scum would sit around waiting for the end of the day to force a lynch, a least D1, but there was a lot of voting shenanigans in that last fifteen minutes that I think it at least bears looking into.

I also want to hear Splinter's thoughts on this turn of events.

I want to echo Flux and ask CrimsonFist why the super sudden change to Mazre at the end. Same goes for Droplet because I feel that vote on Mazre felt really bandwagony and it's left some bad vibes.

squidyj

So the way I see it there are two worlds, the world where ty is scum and the world where he isn't.

If Ty is scum then flipping votes at the last minute can keep a scum from being lynched helping out the scum team so there's an incentive for scum who are on Ty to look townie or on another target to flip their vote to Mazre

If Ty is town then flipping votes at the last minute does nothing but make you incredibly visible. Being involved in either of these votes is less likely for scum in this scenario and being a flipper is just so incredibly low.

So I think before anyone gets voted for flipping we would actually want to lynch Ty4on. It determines a lot more information about the state of the game and he was up on the block because he was acting suspicious anyway so we have the additional motivation. That's not to say that Ty4on is necessarily my pick for the day yet but he's a better lynch than pretty much all the flippers at this point.

FluxWaveZ

So I think before anyone gets voted for flipping we would actually want to lynch Ty4on. It determines a lot more information about the state of the game and he was up on the block because he was acting suspicious anyway so we have the additional motivation. That's not to say that Ty4on is necessarily my pick for the day yet but he's a better lynch than pretty much all the flippers at this point.

Ty4on flipping scum would tell us just as much as CrimsonFist or Cornburrito flipping scum, i.e. that at least 2 of the 3 are Traitors. A town flip for any of those who switched votes would tell us just as much as Ty4on flipping town, i.e. practically nothing except for the obvious info we'd get from any lynch from an active player.

I'm not having this be WW2 all over again. We're lynching one of those two.

squidyj

Ty4on flipping scum would tell us just as much as CrimsonFist or Cornburrito flipping scum, i.e. that at least 2 of the 3 are Traitors. A town flip for any of those who switched votes would tell us just as much as Ty4on flipping town, i.e. practically nothing except for the obvious info we'd get from any lynch from an active player.

I'm not having this be WW2 all over again. We're lynching one of those two.

nope, ty4on flipping town tells us that it is unlikely that any of the flippers are town, one of the flippers flipping town flips us no flipping information whatsoflipping ever.

one of the flippers flipping motherflipping scum flips us the bird as well since his flip doesn't tip the flips of the other flippers or of ty4on's flip necessarily. Where'as ty4on's scum flip tips us to watch out for these flippers.

Ourobolus

Banned
nope, ty4on flipping town tells us that it is unlikely that any of the flippers are town, one of the flippers flipping town flips us no flipping information whatsoflipping ever.

one of the flippers flipping motherflipping scum flips us the bird as well since his flip doesn't tip the flips of the other flippers or of ty4on's flip necessarily. Where'as ty4on's scum flip tips us to watch out for these flippers.

I...uh...

I need a translator.

Palmer, get in here.

FluxWaveZ

nope, ty4on flipping town tells us that it is unlikely that any of the flippers are town

Ignoring the rest, you're contradicting yourself here.

Plus, we have:
its cute that you think i know what im doing
And your overconfidence that Mazre was scum. Don't feel too compelled to follow your lead, really, for the possibility that you might actually be a Traitor leading us into nonsense or because you're Town leading us into nonsense.

squidyj

Ignoring the rest, you're contradicting yourself here.

Plus, we have:

And your overconfidence that Mazre was scum. Don't feel too compelled to follow your lead, really, for the possibility that you might actually be a Traitor leading us into nonsense or because you're Town leading us into nonsense.

sorry I meant to say scum there :l

squidyj

Mazre was a relatively scummy dude and the last thing I wanted to see at the end of day 1 was a coronation ( a single real target for lynching ). The likelihood of hitting scum on our first lynch is low regardless, the fact that we generated that race at the end gives us more to work with which was part of the point.
Was Ty a good lynch yesterday? he sure was.
Was it a good idea for Ty to be the only lynch option yesterday? not on your flipping life.

Mazre was essentially an inactive. He was an easy target to go after, and certainly an easy target for scum to lead town into bandwagoning onto.

squidyj

Mazre was essentially an inactive. He was an easy target to go after, and certainly an easy target for scum to lead town into bandwagoning onto.

would he have become a better or worse target today? I think he would be at least as good a target today. so if Ty4on is town why make the move? let town lynch ty day 1 and then push a mazre lynch day 2.

would he have become a better or worse target today? I think he would be at least as good a target today. so if Ty4on is town why make the move? let town lynch ty day 1 and then push a mazre lynch day 2.

I explained why I flipped above. It was a dumb mistake. I misread the votes and didn't want the day to end on a tie, despite having a slight preference to a Ty4on lynch.

squidyj

I explained why I flipped above. It was a dumb mistake. I misread the votes and didn't want the day to end on a tie, despite having a slight preference to a Ty4on lynch.

what?
what part of what I said made you think I was attacking you for flipping? that's some weird connection dude.

My argument was simply if ty is town there was no need to lead a bandwagon.

My top suspects are squid and Flux. However, squid less so. I was expecting him to launch into a huge post about how Crimson and I were scum for our final votes on Mazre. Despite y'know... pushing for a Mazre lynch and there being a possible threat of a tie.

Interestingly, Flux is trying to give me shit for thinking there might be a tie. Yeah you got me Flux, I really wanted to hammer Mazre home. Ty4on and I are scum buddies and I was saving him, despite me saying multiple times I'd prefer a Ty4on or Royal Flush lynch.

The Czar kill is extremely interesting. I suspect it is because they find Czar a threat.

what?
what part of what I said made you think I was attacking you for flipping? that's some weird connection dude.

My argument was simply if ty is town there was no need to lead a bandwagon.

My bad, it was the "why make the move" part that I interpreted like that.

Karu

Fuck that last-minute nonsense.

Here are the flippers/last-minute-voters:

CornBuritto - One heck of a finish! Royal - Mazre - Royal after declaring Royal (first one) would be his final say on the matter.
Droplet - Mazre
Cornburrito - HAHA JUST KIDDING! - Mazre
CrimsonFirst - Mazre
redhood56 - Mazre - Last post before Daybreak

In addition if I'm not mistaken here! (Kill Post should include the final voting list by the way! Or at least... that would be nice :D) these had a vote on Mazre prior to the whole switcheroo

Royal-Flush

+ Ty4on for obvious reasons.

And obviously, last but not least the leader on the whole Mazre-killing: squidyj

Now... while my initial reaction was very much: Mafia forced a Mazre kill, it doesn't seem likely - why would you on Day One? Either Ty4on is Scum, they have rather low numbers (probably 3 scum in the game) or... squidyj is scum and he wanted to make a bold move as you can now see - his line of reasoning checks out. If Scum lead the charge, they will basically be protected by this, if everybody follows. Might be a stretch, but I don't like giving those 5 a blanko check of innocence.

Will certainly be very interesting how everybody reacts in the following hours.

FluxWaveZ

Interestingly, Flux is trying to give me shit for thinking there might be a tie. Yeah you got me Flux, I really wanted to hammer Mazre home. Ty4on and I are scum buddies and I was saving him, despite me saying multiple times I'd prefer a Ty4on or Royal Flush lynch.
T minus 39 minutes
Here's my final vote:

VOTE: Royal_Flush

I'm fine with Mazre or Ty4on going as well, but my top suspicions lie on Royal for now.
T minuse 35 minutes
The way the conversation is going, Mazre and Ty4on are very unlikely to both be scum if one of them is indeed scum.

Not really impressed by squidy's reasoning, but I'll give him this one freebie trust.

T minus 16 minutes
Oh... royal voted for Mazre.

Ok.

VOTE: Royal_Flush

Placing vote back on original desired suspect. And avoiding a tie.
T minus 1 minute
Is it tie?

I'll break it.

Yeah man, not suspicious at all, especially when you didn't actually count the number of votes but supposedly last minute voted because of the number of votes, causing the tie you feared had Crimson not voted seconds after you did.

Top Bottom