• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan (Platinum Games) art.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Via Wario64

CXb-A8MVAAEFCFZ.png:large

CXb-BxGUoAAmlBb.png:large

Comes from a Twitter account that describes itself as "XBLA watcher", so this most likely is a Xbox LIVE store leak of some kind.

Neoxon

Looks like a mix of the comics & the recent cartoon on Nick. Not bad, Platinum.

That being said, I am curious to see the actual in-game models.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
"Art" my ass, this some basuraaa! But can't wait to see gameplay footage since Platinum of course.

Warxard

Banned
Thank god it's not 80s Turtles. Show ruined the Turtles' image. Turtles can get crazy brutal and it's a shame that the 03 cartoon is the onyl thing that could remotely capture the essence of the comics.

Need gameplay screenshots before a full overreaction. Is it cel shaded? Are they going to lean into the comic look? Or are we talking more cartoony?

Exile20

I like platinum but most of the time the art looks better than the ingame models so I don't have hope for this one.

TI82

Banned
Hate platinum games, so I never played their Transformers one. But love TMNT so... maybe it will have unlockable skins for the different eras?

DSix

Banned
What the fuck was wrong with the 80s Turtle design? Why all those companies keep changing it for the worse?

TreIII

FUCK YES, IDW.

After hints on the Technodrome about the IDW comic writers being involved in a "secret project" started going around, it all started to come together once the copyrights were found. Now, we just need to see how the game itself will play out~!

Seems pretty good if they can capture it well ingame. I've seen the original cartoon as a kid, but I don't mind them not going for it. Something like this has a bigger chance of being a cool ninja game in general, the show's style seems outdated even compared to Transformers.

Warxard

Banned
What the fuck was wrong with the 80s Turtle design? Why change it for the worse?

1) The Turtles have been around since the 80s, and their designs have been going under redesigns repeatedly.

2) The tone of the 80s cartoon wouldn't match what (I would assume) Platinum/Activision want out of the IP.

Sou Da

FUCK YES, IDW.

After hints on the Technodrome about the IDW comic writers being involved in a "secret project" started going around, it all started to come together once the copyrights were found. Now, we just need to see how the game itself will play out~!

Kindred spirit.

Is there like any particular time to expect them to announce this? Transformers was supposed to be on Keighley's stream at E3, but there doesn't seem to be any events until next E3 that'd make sense for it. Especially since the trademarks/ratings whatever leaked before The Game Awards/PSX even...

Is there a Turtles anniversary coming up?

I dont like the baby faces, but could be worse.

I see Shredder, Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady and the Technodrome, so i suppose its based on the 80's cartoon in spirit, just with different art no?

Adult April with yellow jumpsuit then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom