• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan (Platinum Games) art.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takao

Banned
Did you said CUTE FACED TURTLES ???

5QwFQOO.png

"Half-Shell Heroes: Blast to the Past" platinum game please

2K3 almost did baby turtles
iOArmKm.jpg

http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot.ca/2011/07/tmnt-overload.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_wQ8Xt8GN0

Platy

almost? they did. Back To The Sewers episode where Serling from Fassst FOOOOWARD tried to create a time portal to return back to his time. Ended up altering history because he ended up back when the turtles were babies
http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Incredible_Shrinking_Serling

Yeah but Baby turtles (and everything in after they went foward in time in that cartoon) sucked hard

The designs on the new 2d special are much better

Awesome. Hope you enjoy it!

As time went on and towards the end of their original TMNT run, Konami started using designs from the figure line and the Archie run.

And thankfully so, because the Slash designs they used in Manhattan Project and Turtles in Time were wholly superior over the one used in the Fred Wolf toon.

Yeah, pretty sure almost all the characters from the original 1989 arcade game as well as Turtles in Time were based on the Playmates toyline. Even Tokka and Rahzar were based on thier movie toyline likenesses.

tmnt-image27.png

c1fe69939a8e9238b4f92f0543e338ab.jpg

turtles-iv-rat-king.jpg

P1230810.JPG

FootCruiserWithBe-BopRocksteadyandShredder3.jpg

images

(from the original arcade game)

Platy

Now I just really want a Turtles game that incorporates all of these styles.

Well, just a whole bunch of character skins.

They are not just skins ... each focus on a diferent style and aspect of the character.

Some are more goofy, humorous, sci fi, gritty, serious, parody...

which is why inter-series TMNT crossovers like Turtles Forever are so fun

Talking of good Turtles games, Turtles Smash-Up for the Wii was a pretty badass Smash Bros clone. Made by the same team who made Smash Brawl too!

TMNT_Smash-Up.jpg

They are not just skins ... each focus on a diferent style and aspect of the character.

Some are more goofy, humorous, sci fi, gritty, serious, parody...

which is why inter-series TMNT crossovers like Turtles Forever are so fun
A Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions type game with the Turtles would be pretty awesome, but I'll settle for something that has a ton of skins for the characters. Even as DLC.

Talking of good Turtles games, Turtles Smash-Up for the Wii was a pretty badass Smash Bros clone. Made by the same team who made Smash Brawl too!

TMNT_Smash-Up.jpg
I need to get that game, but it's pretty rare/expensive now, IIRC.

Platy

TMNT_Smash-Up.jpg

Too bad it suffered from the WORST ROSTER OF CHARACTERS EVER ON A FIGHTING GAME

dykQV12.png

THREE RABBIDS !!!!

How do you even BEGIN to fuck up a roster like that ?

It don't even feature the main villain from the movie it is based of.
(or any tmnt movie villains because it kinda has the same continuity of it)

And TMNT has LOTS of awesome characters and you give me 3 ubisoft joke characters ? HOW ?

Russ T

Banned
Hahaha I knew about those rabbids once upon a time and forgot and now that I'm reminded I'm just sad all over again...

CamHostage

Is there like any particular time to expect them to announce this? ... Especially since the trademarks/ratings whatever leaked before The Game Awards/PSX even...

Hey yeah, this wasn't at PSX/TGA, I thought for sure it was going to be a featured title at either of those shows.

That being said, people get hung up on anniversary or special event announcements. It's a product. Activision likes big pops, but it has no qualms announcing its minor products like its licensed brands (which this ends up being just by virtue of it not being COD or Skylanders or Destiny) any time the product's ready to promo. (It was a nice surprise that they treated Transformers Devastation as a key property at E3, but I'm not sure they got such attention from that showing that they feel they need that level of exposure again.) GDC and CES aren't the right events for this, so I'd expect this to get announced through a standard trailer release with maybe a IGN First / Next Big Game showcase in the quiet Jan/Fen announcement period.

TreIII

THREE RABBIDS !!!!

We'll likely never know the full extent of the truth, but I can't help but blame Ubi. Either they didn't give the team enough time to realize at least 1-2 new character models and movesets, or actually insisted that TMNT fans wanted their game to be invaded by Rabbids.

Not even Leatherhead couldn't make the roster, and he's pretty much a universal mainstay. Plus I couldn't imagine either one of his 2K3 VAs not being available at the time.

charsace

ROFL at the revisionist history for the Turtles. The comics are what took off first and made the Turtles popular. As a kid I got into the comics first, but still ate the show up because I was a kid. My teenage cousin at the time hated the show and stuck with the comics. It wasn't until I got older that I realized the the show was bad.

The new comic is the best thing done with the Turtles and I love the original comics. Glad the game is based off of the new comics.

Kamina777

Banned
Platinum turtles? We have lift off!

ROFL at the revisionist history for the Turtles. The comics are what took off first and made the Turtles popular. As a kid I got into the comics first, but still ate the show up because I was a kid. My teenage cousin at the time hated the show and stuck with the comics. It wasn't until I got older that I realized the the show was bad.

The new comic is the best thing done with the Turtles and I love the original comics. Glad the game is based off of the new comics.
Kids made the turtles mega popular, the toys and the cartoon which led to the movie.a dark black and white comic was not what propelled them to stardom ( i love the comics way more than the show, own original prints of the origin)

the show toned down a lot of the grit but still kept the gist which was brotherhood/family, I am too old for tbe show and the bonkers personalities displayed, but even I respect the place it has in my memories and thr turtles success, its funny because the new shows are so far removed from the original pace and tone, especially the newest, yet hipsters eat it up like it gold.

dykQV12.png

THREE RABBIDS !!!!

It don't even feature the main villain from the movie it is based of.
(or any tmnt movie villains because it kinda has the same continuity of it)

And TMNT has LOTS of awesome characters and you give me 3 ubisoft joke characters ? HOW ?

Kids made the turtles mega popular, the toys and the cartoon which led to the movie.a dark black and white comic was not what propelled them to stardom ( i love the comics way more than the show, own original prints of the origin)

the show toned down a lot of the grit but still kept the gist which was brotherhood/family, I am too old for tbe show and the bonkers personalities displayed, but even I respect the place it has in my memories and thr turtles success, its funny because the new shows are so far removed from the original pace and tone, especially the newest, yet hipsters eat it up like it gold.

Why do you have to be a hipster to enjoy the new cartoon? That's a weird statement.

Nobody's trying to rewrite history - it's impossible to deny the 80s cartoon made TMNT mainstream, no matter how big the comics might have been - but the quality of that cartoon is not good. It does NOT hold up at all.

And besides that, TMNT has changed, so holding on to the 80s cartoon does the modern audience no good.
There's no denying that's true, but the Nick TMNT toon DOES do the audience good. Hell, I think it's the most successful TMNT thing out there right now(more than the Bay-produced movies and the IDW comics). If this is the case, shouldn't we be getting a GOOD Nick TMNT game(not like the crappy ones) instead of one based on the IDW comics?

Russ T

Banned
But the IDW comics also do the modern audience good. The 80s cartoons are straight up bad and only survive through nostalgia. Today's turtles are either Nick, IDW, or the Michael Bay movies. Two out of three ain't bad, and choosing IDW over the other hurts no one.

Wonko_C

Platinum turtles? We have lift off!

Hace you actually seen the new cartoon? It actively keeps a balance between the funny tone of the 80's cartoon with the more serious tone from the 2000 one. There is enough for both kids and adults to enjoy. And as far as I know, I am not a hipster, I honestly know next to nothing about them except the "you probably have never heard of it" meme, so I have nothing against them either.

TreIII

I disagree in that it only dances on the tone 2003 has.

And I'd just disagree on the principle that the Nicktoon just doesn't have good storytelling or utilizes characters well, any longer.

4 seasons later. The "love triangle" between Don/April/Casey STILL hasn't been resolved. Karai is once again "MIA", after being through a revolving glass door that goes between her being a heel or face. And so far, Season 4 is starting out almost exactly like 3 did, only instead of being exiled to Northampton, the kids are in outer space instead. Oh, and here's more retro throwbacks like Mona Lisa, Lord Dregg, Neutrinos and so forth, because why not~!

yoshiunity

That's a pretty awesome style to work with. To be honest, I'd love a TMNT game that used the original black and white turtles more than anything, but I'm fine with with most versions of the turtles in the end of the day...

Except for this one...

tmnt%20donnie.jpg

No more Out of the Shadows. Never ever again...

Tizoc

Out of the shadows just needs a group to make a mod that makes the turtles look like...well anything but what they look like ingame.
I know there's a mod forum for it but sadly no one has stepped in to work on such a thing.

Peff

Ooh, so it is retail after all. Nice. Sound un-Platinum as fuck, though? All these repeatable mission types and separate stages really make it sound like an open-world game. We'll see.

EDIT: Or maybe not. Hmm.

Not sure what you're saying, perhaps you've just proved my point

Anyway. I really dig this that was posted a few pages back
TMNT-30th-Anniv-Special_Cover-RE-Heroes-Haven.jpg

Since I'm not a true fan it's all good. They should try to go that hardest core growing up in the 2000s or those comic book readers.

I prefer the turtle design with black pupils of the 80's pilot and OP, but I wouldnt mind this design, of the whole thing, at all.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Meh not really fan on certain characters in 80's.

Like Leatherhead.

Also I'm one of those few people who never, ever liked Bebop and Rocksteady.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom