• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

Finally got a decent setup on my Ranger in Dragon's Dogma and it's just the best. I'm like a human gatling gun of arrows. Now to find a decent longbow.

justjim89

Finally got a decent setup on my Ranger in Dragon's Dogma and it's just the best. I'm like a human gatling gun of arrows. Now to find a decent longbow.

I just got to Gran Soren and I'm torn. I like playing strider, but should I pick one of the more specialized classes to get more out of it, like ranger or assassin? Should I max out my affinity then change jobs? Is strider viable?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I just got to Gran Soren and I'm torn. I like playing strider, but should I pick one of the more specialized classes to get more out of it, like ranger or assassin? Should I max out my affinity then change jobs? Is strider viable?

You should look at the augments for strider http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Augments

If you want to unlock more of them before switching vocations, keep leveling strider. Otherwise, I'd switch to Assassin or something else. Of course you can stick to strider if you like, it's perfectly viable.

People keep saying every class is viable, and I believe it. My strider went from wet paper to killing machine after I got magic daggers and advanced bow skills.

So do whatever you like. You can change vocations with little (no) restrictions.

Tubobutts

I'm going to pretend that I'm happy Dragons Dogma isn't on PS4 because I still need to finish the Witcher and maybe try to go back to DA:I

Anjin M

---------------
Hey everyone! I want to compile a list of full playthroughs as a compliment to Myggen's suggested Premium content list. This is a start, but I would appreciate any help anyone can provide. Thanks in advance.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Good god what an awkward moment @ 1:13:10. Amazing though.

thank god dave has the answers in the comments

Posted by snide - 4 years ago
So. The behind the scenes story on Connor was that I jumped the gun on the Roku prize with him before they actually called it out on the show. Since I had him on the line I just gave it to him, since every time we mentioned Roku Skype ended up crashing anyway.

The reason he was awkward was because I was joking with him beforehand that he shouldn't rat me out. He took it literally and that was the reason for his awkwardness when he was talking with Ryan. Guy was a true sport.

Totally my fault, not his. I told him afterwords it could be worse, because he a Roku box in exchange for a little public humiliation.

Lunar FC

thank god dave has the answers in the comments

Posted by snide - 4 years ago
So. The behind the scenes story on Connor was that I jumped the gun on the Roku prize with him before they actually called it out on the show. Since I had him on the line I just gave it to him, since every time we mentioned Roku Skype ended up crashing anyway.

The reason he was awkward was because I was joking with him beforehand that he shouldn't rat me out. He took it literally and that was the reason for his awkwardness when he was talking with Ryan. Guy was a true sport.

Totally my fault, not his. I told him afterwords it could be worse, because he a Roku box in exchange for a little public humiliation.

Snitches get stitches. Connor redeemed.

Duriii

Does anyone here have an MP3 copy of 02/14/2011 episode of NintenDownload X-press podcast that Jeff did a while back? I'm going through all of the Bombcasts right now, and one of my favorite parts were the Wii and DSiware sections, that were in some of the older episodes. Recently I found out, that Jeff did whole 16 episode podcast devoted to this, so obviously I wanted to check them out, even if they probably run the whole "joke" to the ground ;)

But to be honest, it was really hard to find those episodes, links to them from his blog are gone, since he moved it some time ago, and Itunes page is long dead. Eventually I found this YT playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ocBSVF9WiPGZRSK1lmVAX43glLZbN__ but it`s missing that one episode, due to some copyright stuff...

jaina

Does anyone here have an MP3 copy of 02/14/2011 episode of NintenDownload X-press podcast that Jeff did a while back? I'm going through all of the Bombcasts right now, and one of my favorite parts were the Wii and DSiware sections, that were in some of the older episodes. Recently I found out, that Jeff did whole 16 episode podcast devoted to this, so obviously I wanted to check them out, even if they probably run the whole "joke" to the ground ;)

But to be honest, it was really hard to find those episodes, links to them from his blog are gone, since he moved it some time ago, and Itunes page is long dead. Eventually I found this YT playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ocBSVF9WiPGZRSK1lmVAX43glLZbN__ but it`s missing that one episode, due to some copyright stuff...
You have a PM.

daydream

Banned
Help a poor boy out, daydream. :)

ah, too much work for me now.

well, i mentioned bioforkge. jeff played through adventure on the 2600 at least once at some point. dan played through quackshot. there's the halos. fear gauntlet played through some stuff, if that counts.

dragon's lair, doom 2, intel discovered, streets of rage 2 and many more i can't think of right now

Anjin M

Does Jeff's full read of Space Jam make the list?
I'll think about it...

ah, too much work for me now.

well, i mentioned bioforkge. jeff played through adventure on the 2600 at least once at some point. dan played through quackshot. there's the halos. fear gauntlet played through some stuff, if that counts.

dragon's lair, doom 2, intel discovered, streets of rage 2 and many more i can't think of right now
Very cool. Thanks!

jgminto

I just did the Tojo fight in Yakuza 5 where Kazuma Kiryu
sidesteps a pair of fucking missiles
and it just confirms my belief that Dan should give this series another shot.

Megasoum

Banned
Woohoo woke up with a weird pain in my left foot yesterday. It got worse in the last couple of hours to the point where I couldn't sleep so I decided to go to the ER...

You guys will be my only company for the rest of the day. Health care might be free in Canada but it takes fucking forever. At least I got here super early so probably won't have to wait 10hours like last time.

Haunted

---------------
Hey everyone! I want to compile a list of full playthroughs as a compliment to Myggen's suggested Premium content list. This is a start, but I would appreciate any help anyone can provide. Thanks in advance.
Good work!

That feeling when you realise you watched all of their full Let's Plays already. :(

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Woohoo woke up with a weird pain in my left foot yesterday. It got worse in the last couple of hours to the point where I couldn't sleep so I decided to go to the ER...

You guys will be my only company for the rest of the day. Health care might be free in Canada but it takes fucking forever. At least I got here super early so probably won't have to wait 10hours like last time.

Good luck. Hopefully it's nothing too serious.

jaina

we'll have our eyes on you... all the best

daydream

Banned

get well soon!

this should lift your spirits

Good enough data plan to watch video?
Let a GB ER help pass time at your time .. in the ER.

You can have that one for free, Internet.

Megasoum

Banned
Nah... I don't have unlimited data and also I don't want to put headphones in case they call me.

I've been waiting for like 25min in the actual treatment room now for the doctor to arrive... Progress!

Jintor

Aside from GB Animated what stuff do you think you can show out of context to randoms who don't have a history with GB and they'll find it funny?

danm999

So, finished the Life is Strange play date.

They choose wrong, Austin registered his dissent so he continues to be my favourite duder. Vinny is a monster but I guess I should have known that since he inverts the camera in every game he plays.

Also love that Alex caught onto Larry David.

Pompidou was robbed in the Animal of the Year awards.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Look, I'm going to be honest and straight to the point.

People who chose the ending other than the one the beastcrew got, are bad people.

They are terrible people.

They are so bad I feel sick in their presence.

You make me want to puke from how bad you are.

danm999

I didn't realise androids posted in this thread.

Because that's the only way I can reconcile people advocating the
Sacrifice Chloe ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom