• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also not to say that this is how human life should be equated but there are a lot more people in arcadia bay I'd rather see not die.

edit: uh, LiS spoilers btw for ToTP.

Look, I'm going to be honest and straight to the point.

People who chose the ending other than the one the beastcrew got, are bad people.

They are terrible people.

They are so bad I feel sick in their presence.

You make me want to puke from how bad you are.

I can't wait to get the LIS limited edition so I can jump on this bandwagon of puke and badness.

danm999

Also not to say that this is how human life should be equated but there are a lot more people in arcadia bay I'd rather see not die.

edit: uh, LiS spoilers btw for ToTP.

Yeah I think you are right honestly, but I really like the tension the ending created for me.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Arcadia Bay sucks without the kinda qualifier. It's town mascots are the Otters and Bigfoots. Seriously it's a lost cause.

Dontnod made a game to record people who chose Sacrifice Chloe and forwarded the results onto local law enforcement to put them on a watchlist. Of this I am certain.

That's why australia passed those metadata laws!

hamchan

How I think Ranking of Fighters should go is that they put a bunch of names into into a hat, draw it, then that's the fighting game they will be covering in the next ep (to allow for them to actually find the game).

This way there's a chance they can actually cover a good fighting game for once.

Jintor

started LiS 2.

every second of this game is causing me severe social anxiety again, but since i played a lot of keep talking and no-one explodes today, it's not quite as painful

Yeah I think you are right honestly, but I really like the tension the ending created for me.

You chose the correct ending. Don't be swayed by the other sides tricks, they need people to join them so that they can feel better about the fact that they are the biggest monsters.

Xater

How I think Ranking of Fighters should go is that they put a bunch of names into into a hat, draw it, then that's the fighting game they will be covering in the next ep (to allow for them to actually find the game).

This way there's a chance they can actually cover a good fighting game for once.

But bad fighting games are funny.

daydream

Banned
one fighting game per episode is a terrible idea, they already improved on this bit by mixing it up with a second game halfway through

also, a third person wouldn't hurt, jeff x jason is a bit dry. dan would shake things up, for example

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

How would you even know what a good fighting game is, when the science is still out?

Xater

one fighting game per episode is a terrible idea, they already improved on this bit by mixing it up with a second game halfway through

also, a third person wouldn't hurt, jeff x jason is a bit dry. dan would shake things up, for example

Yes, just the two is a bit too sparse. 3 or 4 people might be better, but I don't think they have other people on hand who also actually know about fighting games. So sadly it will probably never be as good as Friday Night Fisticuffs or Saturday Morning Scrublords.

If they didn't play these off brand shit-tier cash grab fighters, and had a four man group to rotate rounds through, it might be interesting. Hell the shitty fighters might be interesting if they were at least funny while playing them. See: Super Best Friends Friday Night Fisticuffs/Saturday Morning Scrublords.

^ Xater knows what's up.

daydream

Banned
hm, yes, shame it will never be as good as

"saturday morning scrublords"

tumblr_nlbwqiY6Pi1u5eu8ao1_250.gif

popo

Well... Gout it is... Oh well

too much fancy wine and cheese.

also, was your doctor wearing white adidas?

Anonymous asked:I tried to google the answer to "why do all my cables keep getting tangled" and the answers were all mathy probability bullshit. Can you tell me what the real reason is please?

Jeff: Your cables have gout.

He did a very short periscope trying it out and declaring that he liked it.

Dan is finally growing up :p

Seriously though good on him for actually trying it and deciding rather than dismissing it outright with no basis.

The first 53 seconds felt like Spring Breakers.

EDIT: This is UNREAL.

EDIT2: Ok, this is now one of my favourite things.

Yep its something.

Boy that was a damn good UPF this week.

Indeed.

Jeff's reactions, Dan's game, the new set looking massive without the boxes, Gang Beasts still being fucking hilarious.

was pretty great

Fireblend

Banned
LiS ending spoilers

Chloe wanted Max to sacrifice her. Sacrificing the town instead would have been ridiculous because the point the episode is trying to make is that Max has to let go manipulating people to suit her interests and let people take their own decisions. Sparing Chloe just negates the whole thing.
That other ending feels seriously like an after-thought by the developers at most.

IMO the final decision should have been either
Sacrificing Chloe or Max
somehow. That way I would've had much more trouble coming to a decision.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Vinny seemed like such a prude in the last Playdate. Pointing the camera away from like every single kiss. So American.

Zaph

The first 53 seconds felt like Spring Breakers.

EDIT: This is UNREAL.

EDIT2: Ok, this is now one of my favourite things.

Yup, it's an easy hole to fall down. He has location shoots too https://youtu.be/cCl6dv4cudE Dan needs to up his periscope game

edit: I guess Ubisoft really wants the Division to be their Destiny huh http://www.polygon.com/2016/1/17/10782420/the-divisions-map-wont-include-brooklyn-at-launch
Still cautiously optimistic about it though

LiS ending spoilers

Chloe wanted Max to sacrifice her. Sacrificing the town instead would have been ridiculous because the point the episode is trying to make is that Max has to let go manipulating people to suit her interests and let people take their own decisions. Sparing Chloe just negates the whole thing.
That other ending feels seriously like an after-thought by the developers at most.

IMO the final decision should have been either
Sacrificing Chloe or Max
somehow. That way I would've had much more trouble coming to a decision.

Yess make it like Butterfly Effect. Max goes back in time and
kills herself in the womb.

Look, I'm going to be honest and straight to the point.

People who chose the ending other than the one the beastcrew got, are bad people.

They are terrible people.

They are so bad I feel sick in their presence.

You make me want to puke from how bad you are.

I read this in Donald Trump's voice.

Fireblend

Banned
Yess make it like Butterfly Effect. Max goes back in time and
kills herself in the womb.

Here's how I would've done it:

Max and Chloe are at the lighthouse, they realize Max has to travel back to that first photo in the bathroom and let Chloe die. There's no decision here. Max travels back, and then realizes that at the time she took the picture she could've intervened, just not using her power. Then the decision prompt comes in, and you decide whether to let Chloe die, or intervene, in which case you die taking the bullet for Chloe.

FluxWaveZ

Life Is Strange 2 should be a prequel with Rachel as the main character.

Ew.

And the same goes for those proposing it should be a direct sequel featuring Max. Like, do those people really want to devalue the story of LiS1 that badly? And time powers returning would make absolutely no sense unless the mechanic was drastically changed and, at that point, they could just use a new power anyways.

Here's how I would've done it:

Max and Chloe are at the lighthouse, they realize Max has to travel back to that first photo in the bathroom and let Chloe die. There's no decision here. Max travels back, and then realizes that at the time she took the picture she could've intervened, just not using her power. Then the decision prompt comes in, and you decide whether to let Chloe die, or intervene, in which case you die taking the bullet for Chloe.

But the problem here
is that if Max didn't have her time powers, Chloe WOULD have died. No ifs or buts about it. Any situation that arises where Chloe lives is because of Max having manipulated time, at any point in time. If she sacrifices herself, that still means she's dead, and then a tornado happens anyways that destroys Arcadia Bay.

neshcom

Banned
But the problem here
is that if Max didn't have her time powers, Chloe WOULD have died. No ifs or buts about it. Any situation that arises where Chloe lives is because of Max having manipulated time, at any point in time. If she sacrifices herself, that still means she's dead, and then a tornado happens anyways that destroys Arcadia Bay.
But that assumes Chloe goes through the same motions in life if Max is dead and that doesn't make any sense at all. How would she get shot by Max? How would she uncover Jefferson? Plausibly, Frank could finally go after her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom