• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeku

No worries, I know! It's my fave and I just wanted to offer a legit response since I had one!

Just so you know, enthusiastic Quick Looks work. I got Dragon's Dogma on 360 not long after launch and could only get an hour into it because something about the black bars and the FOV gave me headaches. Now, years later, you have re-sold me on the game and it's looking fine on PC.

I'm more surprised Taco Bell in the US doesn't have fries. Up here in Canada, the shitty cheese covered fries are a core part of the experience.

Literally the only time I had Taco Bell in my life was here in Canada and it had garbage-ass fries and never again.

strafer

what in actual fuck

ouvX5Hh.png

Part 2 of the Phantasmagoria Random PC Game goes places, that is for sure. Part 1 was amusing but is pretty tame. Part 2 is rape scenes, gardening shovels to the mouth, people getting impaled, heads getting twisted off, ripped apart and chopped in half. You come in expecting disturbing gore, it lulls you with wacky characters and terrible acting then, boom, rape. That was easily one of the most awkward moments on a live stream.

FluxWaveZ

Part 2 of the Phantasmagoria Random PC Game goes places, that is for sure. Part 1 was amusing but is pretty tame. Part 2 is rape scenes, gardening shovels to the mouth, people getting impaled, heads getting twisted off, ripped apart and chopped in half. You come in expecting disturbing gore, it lulls you with wacky characters and terrible acting then, boom, rape. That was easily one of the most awkward moments on a live stream.

This is why I wanted them to continue Phantasmagoria 2. I know nothing of that game except for what was shown on the live stream but, going by the pacing of the previous game, I'm sure it gets much more insane later on.

Gotta either watch a LP of that somewhere else or play it for myself.

This is why I wanted them to continue Phantasmagoria 2. I know nothing of that game except for what was shown on the live stream but, going by the pacing of the previous game, I'm sure it gets much more insane later on.

Gotta either watch a LP of that somewhere else or play it for myself.

Hopefully they get Jeff again and return to it, it would be a shame if they didn't go backalar.

popo

Been too long IMO, they won't even remember what happened last time. I can see them doing less full playthroughs. I enjoyed LIS but if you don't care for that game then 90% of GBE premium content for the last few months will have had nothing for you.

Tubobutts

you actually watched any gundam?

that might be my next project after utena. watch a gundam series.

Nope, never seen a real Gundam show. I used to whatever Zoids was on Toonami ten years ago and I played LBX a few months ago.

What I would really want would be things like gunpla, but instead of building anime robots you make a knight or a cool dwarf.

FluxWaveZ

Been too long IMO, they won't even remember what happened last time. I can see them doing less full playthroughs. I enjoyed LIS but if you don't care for that game then 90% of GBE premium content for the last few months will have had nothing for you.

Well, the same goes for many other kinds of non-general, recurring features that GB goes for like Castlevania, Kerbal, fighting games, Metal Gear Solid, etc.

I might be misremembering, but wasn't there talk about the original Endurance Run being one of the most popular features on the site at the time? And that was at a time when GB was smaller and there had to be a new episode every weekday for 7 months, which naturally impacted other content output. I remember that specific ER being a big boost to GB's renown when it was happening.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

And if you didn't care about persona 4 a majority of gb's early content are not for you for months.

Why should they care about catering everybody?

Well, the same goes for many other kinds of non-general, recurring features that GB goes for like Castlevania, Kerbal, fighting games, Metal Gear Solid, etc.

Yup, also GBeast's friday slot was previously used for both Contradiction and Vinnyvania so it's not like LiS came out of nowhere and stole a slot that added variety to GBeasts content output.

popo

And if you didn't care about persona 4 a majority of gb's early content are not for you for months.

Why should they care about catering everybody?

Is it catering for everybody or providing variety? If they find a game they want to finish then I am all for it - nothing worse than unenthusiastic content - but they have shown signs that they don't want to be locked in to finishing every game they start. Hence them making COOA a one shot deal with the possibility, but not the promise, of continuing any games as play dates.

Phantasmagoria 2 is a good example as a fair few people asked for it and would like them to play more of it - but when it comes up Vinny really doesn't seem in to it.

Yup, also GBeast's friday slot was previously used for both Contradiction and Vinnyvania so it's not like LiS came out of nowhere and stole a slot that added variety to GBeasts content output.

Can you see the other side of it though. If you really didn't like LIS, can you see how disappointing the full playthrough could be. Like I fell off of MGS after 3 and while I don't begrudge the people who are still enjoying it - or Drew and Dan for playing it - I do feel a little left out and find myself hoping they move on to something new soon.

Fireblend

Banned
I honestly can't think of a single piece of content from GBE I've not been into. Actually, what I find myself skipping through the most from them is the Kerbal videos, and I still enjoy them greatly.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I like that all the item descriptions for that game Dan had on UPF sound like phrases from that weird Wii runner game they played eons ago

Just finished the LiS broadcast from yesterday. Really enjoyed it, my wife watched it all as well. I think they definitely made the right choice. What a great game.

Antiwhippy

Why would you want to eat in a bathtub anyway.

I don't way to risk water and suds ruining a perfectly good grilled cheese.

yami4ct

So, I built a gundam today.

Decided I wanted a finish kit ASAP, so I hand painted the details. First time I've done that in ages. Most of the time I paint, it's masking+air brushing. Either that or I build MGs and other kits where I don't feel the paint is super needed. Was too lazy to airbrush today. Man I'm out of practice, as evidenced by the semi mess if you look up close. Still damn fun. Man model building is the coolest.

On a related note, the Iron-Blooded Orphans HGs are fantastic. There is a bit more detailing work needed to get them perfect than I'd like, but that's just a HG thing. Even OOB they look cool and the build is damn fun. I highly recommend at least the Barbatos to beginners. Going to build the Gusion in the next couple days. That one looks way better in terms of out of box details. Looking forward to it.

TraBuch

Banned
Is it just me or do chicken wings fucking suck? Not only is white the far inferior meat, but there's barely any of it on the thing. It's 90% bone and inedible wing. Fucking pointless.

Antiwhippy

Is it just me or do chicken wings fucking suck? Not only is white the far inferior meat, but there's barely any of it on the thing. It's 90% bone and inedible wing. Fucking pointless.

You have not had a good chicken wing then.

The best chicken wings are the juiciest part of the chicken.

Decided I wanted a finish kit ASAP, so I hand painted the details. First time I've done that in ages. Most of the time I paint, it's masking+air brushing. Either that or I build MGs and other kits where I don't feel the paint is super needed. Was too lazy to airbrush today. Man I'm out of practice, as evidenced by the semi mess if you look up close. Still damn fun. Man model building is the coolest.

On a related note, the Iron-Blooded Orphans HGs are fantastic. There is a bit more detailing work needed to get them perfect than I'd like, but that's just a HG thing. Even OOB they look cool and the build is damn fun. I highly recommend at least the Barbatos to beginners. Going to build the Gusion in the next couple days. That one looks way better in terms of out of box details. Looking forward to it.

I built that one, too, and I have it in pretty much the exact same pose as your photo.

You airbrush? Pro. I've taken a break from building Sazabi, I really want to get clippers since LiK mentioned them, but I can't find any. And I'm too lazy to order them online. As much sense that makes >_>;

Wow, I really am impressed with Tales from the Borderlands. As someone who was completely tired of everything Telltale and never cared for the writing in Borderlands, this thing is nothing but surprises. The cast of characters are all so nice/fun/goofy. Just finished episode 4 and had to resist just rolling to the finish line. The overlong,
fake shoot out
in episode for is one of the dumber things I've seen in a while.

Fireblend

Banned
Wow, I really am impressed with Tales from the Borderlands. As someone who was completely tired of everything Telltale and never cared for the writing in Borderlands, this thing is nothing but surprises. The cast of characters are all so nice/fun/goofy. Just finished episode 4 and had to resist just rolling to the finish line. The overlong,
fake shoot out
in episode for is one of the dumber things I've seen in a while.

I finished it last week and loved every second of it. I really can't recall what was the last time I enjoyed a game having such a big cast as I did TftB; I cared about every single one of them by the end. Loader Bot got robbed for best new character during GotY :p

That scene from ep 4 you mention was great. I really hope a season 2 happens eventually.

yami4ct

I built that one, too, and I have it in pretty much the exact same pose as your photo.

As someone who's kind of crap at posing, copying the box art is never a bad plan for me. That pose really accentuates the best parts of Barbatos as well.

You airbrush? Pro. I've taken a break from building Sazabi, I really want to get clippers since LiK mentioned them, but I can't find any. And I'm too lazy to order them online. As much sense that makes >_>;

I own an airbrush and I try to break it out whenever I can. I'm still absolutely in the learning process with it. It can be a daunting tool to make good use of, haha.

My first time through I went Magick Archer all the way, so I wanted to mix it up this time. (I do wish I'd unlocked Great Cannon for the Mystic Knight by the time of the QL though. That + Antler Toss is incredible).

Also, part of my thinking was that the original DD QL (which is what convinced me to get the game years ago) features Patrick's Magick Archer. I wanted our videos to have class diversity so that players curious about melee combat could see how hefty and powerful it is.

I... put a lot of thought into things, sometimes.

Yours has STINGER and Fuck Off Shield. I mean, MA is MA but people can't knock those two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom