• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elitist1945

tumblr_nzds2ykkkQ1qiaxzfo3_250.gif

Slay.

It's overrated trash. I don't get it tbh. And in my senior high school year I did it quite a bit and looking back idk why
I grew up hearing that weed was a dangerous drug or the gateway drug or whatever but in highschool a lot of my friends starting smoking weed and like they didn't change in any bad ways so i didn't care. I can't stand people that just talk about weed though
weed is like being relaxed and chill and happy and music sounds nicer and time can feel like eternity

you're a yungin tho (17?) so I'm not gonna mention other drugs to you
alexis
I'm 18 tbh
omg :0 what's your name
It's fun for writing/creative stuff or getting lost in music. I tend to make more cool mental associations when I'm high.
Well that sounds nice. I wouldn't mind trying it but it costs $$$ and I'm a cheap bitch.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Well that sounds nice. I wouldn't mind trying it but it costs $$$ and I'm a cheap bitch.

Alternately, you could have something like my experiences...

Smoke it: no effect
Smoke it: no effect so I go get water in the kitchen but then I black out and hit my head on the stove
Edible: no effect, fall asleep on the couch for three hours

I gave up trying to get high after that.

Elitist1945

Smoke it: no effect so I go get water in the kitchen but then I black out and hit my head on the stove

How'd you smoke it? For me it takes like 3 joints for me to get high, but a nice bong rip or two does the trick.

3phemeral

Just saw this Real Future TV episode about someone daring hackers to hack them to see what's the worst they could do to him and it's frightening.

Here's a snippet so you can see how easy it was for someone to socially engineer a way to take over his cellphone account.

LKFMuch.gif

"I've been watching you for two days now. It's taking a picture of you every two minutes. I could have made you homeless."

Crayons

Banned

wait what

I grew up hearing that weed was a dangerous drug or the gateway drug or whatever but in highschool a lot of my friends starting smoking weed and like they didn't change in any bad ways so i didn't care. I can't stand people that just talk about weed though

I'm 18 tbh
omg :0 what's your name

I'm Dan

Yeah weed isn't at all a gateway drug. Even the DARE website took weed off its gateway drugs list.

What...?

How? Bad stuff? Did you smoke oregano or something.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
What...?

How? Bad stuff? Did you smoke oregano or something.

I had a glass pipe. Don't know what variety the weed was, but it was from a friend's stash and she smokes aaaaalllll the time, so it couldn't have been bad. I just never felt anything from it on those four separate occasions. Made me a little sleepy, at best.

Anyway, the whole thing seems pretty stupid in retrospect. I literally peer-pressured myself into trying it after being back in school in my 30s and seeing or hearing about all my classmates smoking since Seattle legalized it back then. Never had any interest before that, and half-heartedly attempting to get into it was dumb since I don't even like feeling drunk. I was still having a lot of issues with depression then, so...

I had a glass pipe. Don't know what variety the weed was, but it was from a friend's stash and she smokes aaaaalllll the time, so it couldn't have been bad. I just never felt anything from it on those four separate occasions. Made me a little sleepy, at best.

Anyway, the whole thing seems pretty stupid in retrospect. I literally peer-pressured myself into trying it after being back in school in my 30s and seeing or hearing about all my classmates smoking since Seattle legalized it back then. Never had any interest before that, and half-heartedly attempting to get into it was dumb since I don't even like feeling drunk. I was still having a lot of issues with depression then, so...

I don't really like being drunk either.

Drugs are kind of weird. Sometimes they can sort of re-normalize your mental state, like reset some stress, maybe even feel a bit refreshed for it. And then there are other times, where, while the line is by no means razor thin, it can become a bit of a hedonic crutch. And I'm talking about the same drug (cannabis), it's mild enough that you could make the argument that it's a sort of valid medicine, even for pretty basic stuff like mild to moderate anxiety or something. And then there are the people that get high every day and it becomes a hobby, and unlike most hobbies that get more interesting with more experience or skill, drugs are basically always the opposite and they get less interesting with time. So in that way they're kind of deceptive, they're like a stranger that seems much more interesting when you know less about them. I can very easily become someone that gets high every day, if I have it, because teenage me was all about that life, so I'm kind of ambivalent about it now.

Meicyn

Gold Member
i read about this yesterday. Why Cait?? Why? is she ignoring the fact that Cruz will immediately reject her for obvious reasons.What evangelical is gonna be associated with a transgendered person. he's not even comfortable with gays being treated equal. i guess i just assumed you couldn't be this ignorant after what she's been through. :/
Jenner's political leanings were laid bare last year before the transition to womanhood was completed. None of this is even remotely surprising, so I was cringing hard when people were making Jenner out to be some kind of hero. Jenner is in it for Jenner, and no one else.

Crayons

Banned
Jenner's political leanings were laid bare last year before the transition to womanhood was completed. None of this is even remotely surprising, so I was cringing hard when people were making Jenner out to be some kind of hero. Jenner is in it for Jenner, and no one else.

I was cringing too man, ugh this woman does not deserve any recognition

Kevyt

Hmm... According to my friend and my ex, I switch when I walk. I didn't know what they meant, but according to them, and urban dictionary, I swing my hands and move my hips the opposite direction when walking, effectively (or stereotypically speaking) walking like a girl... It's so weird because why is walking like that considered a feminine thing?

Sigh... I did check how I walk and I do it a little bit, just a little bit.

I always consider my walking very dude-like... But according to them, well no, not at all.

It's a subconscious thing ffs! I didn't choose to walk this way. Eff them!! Now I'm somewhat subconscious about how I walk...

Sorry, I just needed to vent. :p well not really upset about it. It's not a big deal.

I honestly I'm fine the way I walk, it gives me the most balance. I also refuse to conform to gender expectations as to what's considered a manly way to walk vs a feminine way of walking!

o/

Monocle

You want someone that truly values you for who you are and will always be there for you and just for a night of passion?

Get a girlfriend.

You could also find a guy that meets those qualities, that you are looking for, but good luck with that.

Men are disappointing to say the least.

I wish I was straight truth be told.
That's silly. It's not like women are inherently more dependable or more interested in a long term relationship.

If you're consistently disappointed by men, meet different men. Older men, or men from different places, or men with different interests. I highly doubt you'd have the same experience across the board with guys from, say...

- Grindr in a big city
- a gay bar
- a gay pride parade
- an LGBT social group or sports team
- a queer-friendly college club
- a graphic design class
- a life drawing group

Sounds to me like you need to find guys who aren't after an immediate hookup. I've mentioned this before, but I found several nice, normal friends on Grindr by striking up a proper conversation instead of bringing up sex right away. Cast the net wider.

Ekai

She did bring more awareness to being transgender but yeah, a good chunk of what I heard gives me the impression she is not a great person.

That's more or less my view on it. As far as awareness of trans-individuals go, she helped bring that to the forefront. And I do agree with her on a few things. For instance, I agree with her about transgender rights and how they have been pushed under the rug for a while. That's a basic fact really. Hell, in a sense trans-rights/plights are still ignored to this day. That article actually covers both Caitlyn not being a perfect LGBT advocate and what I'm addressing about general trans-issues fairly well.

She has also attempted, in a way, to set a positive example in terms of coming out and being comfortable with who you are. For that I appreciate her. It's a message more trans-individuals need to see and hear. And with pop media starting to address these matters more, it's potentially only a matter of time before more and more trans-individuals are given relief that it's okay to be who they are. Of course pop media can't do everything and organizations working alongside law makers will need to do what they can to fight for equal rights and equal protections for trans-individuals of all ages. But, at least as far as pop media goes, positive representation is positive representation. So long as the depictions themselves aren't in poor taste, it's all dandy really. This is more of a side-note regarding trans-depictions in general being on the rise and the positive of that than a specific positive that could really be (solely) attributed to Caitlyn. Her being out and comfortable is just one part of a whole phenomenon. I think we can at the very least acknowledge her part of that

That said, as the article I mentioned sort of touches upon, she has certain privileges regarding her finances and social standing that make it easier for her to do the transition and live her life. Black transwomen, for instance, face way more hardships than she ever will and she can't really comment on that experience. Transwomen of all walks of life generally don't have the privileges she does. But that doesn't mean she is worthy of scorn for her privilege. Just that she has a vastly different experience in regards to her starting position. I would just hope she recognizes her extreme privilege on the matter. So far she has not from what I know, which isn't exactly helping, I suppose. But if she supports various trans-rights/LGBT organizations that address the matters facing black transwomen and all trans-individuals at large, then that would be a step in the right direction.

In regards to that front she does have a resources page on her website for those who need: legal help, suicide prevention, equality advocates for trans and lgbt at large, information about trans health centers in the LA area, youth and family centers for the LGBT community, transgender employment training info., and information about a LGBT scholarship. How much she is involved in any various organization I haven't really researched much and I am tired and work early tomorrow so I'm not gonna bother with that now. As far as my knowledge goes, she isn't involved that much but I could be wrong.

However, her comments on offensive Halloween costumes of her (she encourages it and doesn't seem to see how such a caricature is harmful), support of Republican policy makers (whose social and financial views do nothing but harm the lgbt community and frankly society as a whole-they aren't the solution Caitlyn), position against same-sex marriage til recently (the article touches upon this in a more complex manner and I agree with it's message on some levels-it relates back to trans plights being ignored in a way-butt frankly I do support same-sex marriage so) etc. etc. lead me to not agree with her as much as I potentially could. To put it lightly. Those 3 things in particular just do not sit well with me. At all. The support of Republicans in particular tells me how out-of-touch she is and how unaware she is in regards to how damaging her views are to the community she argues to be for.

My best friend found his husband on grindr. Happy, stable, long-term homosexual relationships are not a myth, and heterosexuality and the wonders of the opposite sex are not the necessary answer to everything that ails you. Shitty relationships exist everywhere and with all permutations of sexuality, but so do good ones. Approaching dating with a self-defeating grass-is-greener mindset is absolutely not the right way to go about things, and you'll never be happy doing it.
let her know!!!

praying that i find a loyal boy someday tbh

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
My best friend found his husband on grindr. Happy, stable, long-term homosexual relationships are not a myth, and heterosexuality and the wonders of the opposite sex are not the necessary answer to everything that ails you. Shitty relationships exist everywhere and with all permutations of sexuality, but so do good ones. Approaching dating with a self-defeating grass-is-greener mindset is absolutely not the right way to go about things, and you'll never be happy doing it.

Because I'm basic and a sap, seeing the phrase "his husband" still makes me feel warm inside.

I agree with what you said.

I see Geo's banned.

The possible ghosting from a friend was a false alarm and things seem good still. He got back to me and we've been talking again the past few days. :)

Also Twilight Princess HD is pretty good. I played up to Zora's Domain today. Though I played through the first three dungeons just recently before the HD version was announced, so I expect to be annoyed about doing the next section again since I didn't like it last time.

Talking about relationships, I've been single for a hot minute and I'm pretty content. I'd love a "boyfriend" I guess but non sexual if you get me? Just someone to chill with a lot but that's a tough notion when the only real places to meet guys here are "dating" apps or gay clubs, neither of which lend themselves well that.

I want the opposite of a fuck buddy haha a feels buddy, but it is a lot to ask.

Talking about relationships, I've been single for a hot minute and I'm pretty content. I'd love a "boyfriend" I guess but non sexual if you get me? Just someone to chill with a lot but that's a tough notion when the only real places to meet guys here are "dating" apps or gay clubs, neither of which lend themselves well that.

The d doesn't give you the feel? Oh my

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Gaf is your boyfriend at the moment then. JK

daripad

It's not sappy or basic, you guys. I feel the same way when I see "his husband" or "her wife," like seeing clearly for the first time after wearing glasses for decades. You deserve to find the boys who are right for you just as I deserve to settle down with a girl who is right for me, and those people who desire a rotating series of merry-go-round dicks or vag deserve that too. And you will find it, I know it. It's not a pipe dream. I love you all.
I'm not drunk anymore, but I'm still tipsy.

OMG long time no see, you're so perfect <3

AudioNoir

Banned
Righto, enough lurking :)

Hello hello LGBTQIA+Gaf! Shit that's a lot of letters.

I'm a lesbian married to a fantastic man, and isn't that special? Or that's one word for it, anyway. Nice to meet everyone.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

I'm a lesbian married to a fantastic man, and isn't that special? Or that's one word for it, anyway. Nice to meet everyone.
Welcome AudioNoir! Hope to see you here often :p

DOWN

Banned
Donald Trump is talking at my school today and I wanna go but in the "I wanna see a big deal famous person during an eventful year way" and not as a supporter but no one else I know is going and there's a protest there outside

I've been around for so many threads and I never did the IBQ:
Your gender?
Male

Your sexual orientation?
Gay

Where Are You From?
The DC/Metro area of the United States

Where Do You Live?
Same as above

How Old Are you?
23, turning 24 this summer

Favorite Type of Music?
I never really stick to just one genre

Profession or Career interest?
I would love to become a software/game programmer

Favorite video game(s)?
Loved turn-based Role Playing Games ever since I was a kid. Currently branching out into more action-heavy titles

What are your hobbies (other than gaming)?
2D and digital drawing (although I'm still a beginner)
Language study(currently Japanese)
Started getting heavy into Tokusatsu a few years ago.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Welcome again, Brawly Likes to Brawl!

Welcome! Happy to have you here!

Regarding your marriage, is this something you want?

AudioNoir

Banned
Welcome! Happy to have you here!

Regarding your marriage, is this something you want?

Thank you!

It's a weird one because of what it is, but I'll explain-- we're in our mid-thirties and started dating in high school. Back then, I knew I liked girls, but I also liked boys. Hadn't been with either in any sort of romantic or sexual way, so I guess there wasn't much to base anything off of? Just a "sure I like him/her! He/she is fun and cute!"

Husband and I started dating casually at the end of grade 12. Over the next couple years, I'd have experience with girls (he didn't care) and him. I loved being with the girls :) but didn't meet any I felt "more" for. After a while, husband and I decided fuck it, let's be exclusive. We get along so well, the chemistry is more than I could ask for, he knows what he's doing sexually.

In my late twenties, I had a massive breakdown and we split up. I moved out for a little while (a year maybe?) and during that time was diagnosed with OCD and depression. My head was a disaster, and I more or less decided he could do better, etc etc. I missed him, though, and eventually we started talking about the things I would think and how I felt re: OCD thoughts and the like. I also told him I felt guilty for being in a relationship with a guy when I preferred women overall. He was just... stupidly understanding. I mean, I don't think I've ever met someone that open, and who actually got what I was feeling. We had the best talks we'll probably ever have during that time, because of the situation and stuff. At that point, it hit me that he could have a muppet for genitals and I'd still be with the guy. I told him that, too, and he thought it was hilarious (but knew what I meant).

Essentially, I know I'm in a weird situation, but I'm with someone who's seen me at my absolute worst and was beyond supportive. We'll be together til one of us dies, or til one of us suffers a massive personality change and goes batshit asshole :)

It's been nearly impossible to get into the gay community in our town-- no one seems to buy a girl who prefers girls being married to a male, no matter the story behind it. What I know is that it's made me very aware of how strange relationships and feelings can be. I like to think it's made me more open minded? Maybe. I have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom