• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney [Mafia] |OT| Turnabout Scum

maybe i am remembering wrong, but the way Xam explained it made it sound like a neutral would show up red, it was 'town' or 'not town', so a neutral would show up 'not town' right?
You are remembering correct. The way he described it, he can indeed find neutrals. The point is that if he isn't town, he can just claim everyone he checks is town and no one checked will disagree.

We get reasonable confirmation of Xam when he finds scum and actual confirmation when we catch him lying or he flips. Flipping Stanley can potentially verify there is in fact a cop role, which lends a lot of credence to Xam seeing as no one countered him.

Stanley never stood up for Xam when he was under questioning and didn't know his own supposed role. The claim is extremely convenient except us following a claimed red check from either Xam or Stanley with no verification will likely lose us the game if either are lying.

If I could vote for Stanley again right now, I would.

You are remembering correct. The way he described it, he can indeed find neutrals. The point is that if he isn't town, he can just claim everyone he checks is town and no one checked will disagree.

We get reasonable confirmation of Xam when he finds scum and actual confirmation when we catch him lying or he flips. Flipping Stanley can potentially verify there is in fact a cop role, which lends a lot of credence to Xam seeing as no one countered him.

Stanley never stood up for Xam when he was under questioning and didn't know his own supposed role. The claim is extremely convenient except us following a claimed red check from either Xam or Stanley with no verification will likely lose us the game if either are lying.

If I could vote for Stanley again right now, I would.

...I vaguely remember Stanley responding with a "that was dumb" after Xam claimed, but not much else???

...I vaguely remember Stanley responding with a "that was dumb" after Xam claimed, but not much else???

Other than today, think this may be the only time SP has said anything about Xam?
72dca2b57d007340d0cbe282a126f707.png

RedFalco

I made that claim to explain why I distrusted CB (Because I thought he was breadcrumbing Maya). As a Vanilla, I thought it'd be safe for me to role claim, seeing how my only power is voting. And I'm sorry if my vote for you seemed off; I wanted to have a reason to vote for someone, I forgot Xam cleared you, and I thought it'd be stupid to vote for Salva just because his predecessors were quiet and his opening post was weird. And my "defenses" of TWE were simply me thinking his posts were usual Edge behavior, until he had his Von Karma-tier breakdown, but even I can't deny it's weird he defended me. Again, I feel he may have saw me being friendly towards him (We were Combat Buddies in GAFia 2, after all), and figured it was a win-win for him.

I do apologize for not posting as much as I would like/contributing much substantial, but it's more being at my internship for nearly 10 hours a day (Which appear to be when the bulk of major contributions are made) than me having another role. As a Vanilla, all I can do is deduce, but unfortunately, I'm usually beaten to the punch.
Either you're really good at mafia and you're trying to make people pity you or you really are the real life Gumshoe. You're always late, miss posts, forget stuff, and make jokes that get you in trouble.

nvm on my previous post.

What is this Starskectch part 2?
Seriously...
Speaking in general to everyone, if you're town and are gonna expand on your role then please double check your PM before making your statements. If you're town and mess up then all you're doing is putting unnecessary suspicion upon yourself. How is town supposed to believe you when you keep flip flopping about your role?

Hey, I knew what my PM said when I started talking about my role... I just had a brief misread way before I made said claim.

Anyway, I'm probably not going to be up for day end so:

Vote: StanleyPalmtree

RedFalco

Hey, I knew what my PM said when I started talking about my role... I just had a brief misread way before I made said claim.

Anyway, I'm probably not going to be up for day end so:

wait up, StarSketch. Im formulating something and I want to get it out before everyone goes to sleep/doesn't come back before the day ends. So that people can weigh their opinion on it.

RedFalco

Oh the irony...I just post for people not to be hasty and now I'm the one that's rushing so as to get the post out before everyone is gone.

So I had been thinking about the roles everyone claimed. For sure at least 2 or 3 of you must be lying.
I was looking at them and ever since the beginning Matt Attack's role just seemed off.

So according to Matt Attack he can possess those who have been blackmailed and that will clear them.

What a convenient role to have now that Shelly is gone. Now his role is useless so seemingly he's not gonna be doing any movement during the night phase. So why would a tracker even bother tracking him? According to his role he doesn't have anything more to do.

Then there's the fact that he says he possessed Roy to cure his blackmail. Roy was blackmailed N1. States he was blackmailed D2 so then theoretically N2 Matt Attack should've possessed him. D3 Roy is still alive and doesn't comment that he's no longer blackmailed. (I've looked through all D3 quickly and never see Roy say it[he would've most likely said it as soon as the day began](could someone go over them too so as to verify?), plus why would he hide it? he was town and had already put out that he was blackmailed).

Matt Attack says that he doesn't receive a confirmation of his possession and that he doesn't know if Roy received confirmation. So I thought "I guess, that could be possible".

But then I thought about it some more. "But what if Roy had been a PR?" how would he know that he's now allowed to use his PR again? He would've had to receive some sort of confirmation to know.

Some could say, "but Roy was Vanilla, he had no action and thus had no need for a confirmation that he could use his PR again". I don't think Sorian would be biased like that and only send out confirmations to those with PRs. Plus if only those with PRs would receive confirmation of no longer being blackmailed then by that reasoning only PRs should receive confirmation that they're blackmailed. Roy received a blackmail card even though he was vanilla.

Plus now Roy is dead and has no way to say that he was cleared from the blackmail or not, also convenient.

oh, and smaller(maybe meta) detail: Matt Attack just recently flubbed between the names Maya and Mia.

So with that:
VOTE: Matt Attack

btw, Squidy. this doesn't mean Ive forgotten about you.
If Matt Attack is scum, let's not forget he was defending you the most during this day phase.

What a convenient role to have now that Shelly is gone. Now his role is useless so seemingly he's not gonna be doing any movement during the night phase. So why would a tracker even bother tracking him? According to his role he doesn't have anything more to do.

I want you to to think about Salva's power- he was a scum had the ability to permanently role block anybody he visited (at least until his own death.) Furthermore, he was given two shots on the first night to use his power. Do you really think it's likely that there isn't a role built into the game to counter this? Because from my perspective, it sounds like it would be awfully overpowered otherwise.

Of course, you have no guarantee that Sorian built the game with this in mind beyond my own word. But that doesn't mean that we can't think about how feasible my role is, and I believe it is more than reasonable to believe that I'm telling the truth.

As to your comment about a tracker following me, I'm not really sure how to defend against that beyond agreeing with you? There really isn't a point to tracking me. I abstained from using my power last night and I will continue to do so every night that I'm alive.

Then there's the fact that he says he possessed Roy to cure his blackmail. Roy was blackmailed N1. States he was blackmailed D2 so then theoretically N2 Matt Attack should've possessed him. D3 Roy is still alive and doesn't comment that he's no longer blackmailed. (I've looked through all D3 quickly and never see Roy say it[he would've most likely said it as soon as the day began](could someone go over them too so as to verify?), plus why would he hide it? he was town and had already put out that he was blackmailed).

Matt Attack says that he doesn't receive a confirmation of his possession and that he doesn't know if Roy received confirmation. So I thought "I guess, that could be possible".

But then I thought about it some more. "But what if Roy had been a PR?" how would he know that he's now allowed to use his PR again? He would've had to receive some sort of confirmation to know.

Some could say, "but Roy was Vanilla, he had no action and thus had no need for a confirmation that he could use his PR again". I don't think Sorian would be biased like that and only send out confirmations to those with PRs. Plus if only those with PRs would receive confirmation of no longer being blackmailed then by that reasoning only PRs should receive confirmation that they're blackmailed. Roy received a blackmail card even though he was vanilla.

Take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt, because it's pure speculation. I've been working under the assumption that Roy must have received some indication that he was no longer blackmailed, because regardless of the fact that he was ordinary, he received the calling card in the first place. Roy must have known that he was cured. So why wouldn't he have revealed this fact to town?

We can only guess as to the reason, but I've got a pretty good theory. Salva's role does not indicate the existence of my role, so the scum players should have no clue (beyond speculation of the existence of a counter role at least) that their blackmail can be cured without Salva's death. Roy chose to use his knowledge of the role to his advantage in two ways. The first is that despite being cured, scum would not realize this. This put them at an informational disadvantage, and in a game where scum players usually have the most knowledge, this can be extremely valuable. The second reason is that his knowledge of the existence of my role would allow for him to corroborate me. If I were to have claimed D3, Roy could have backed me up. Keeping these two reasons in mind, we have arrived at a sufficient explanation (in my eyes at least) for Roy's actions in regards to my possession.

oh, and smaller(maybe meta) detail: Matt Attack just recently flubbed between the names Maya and Mia.

Hey, in my defense not only are their names are pretty similar, but the flub happened between the two players who have literally claimed those two names (myself and Zubz.) At the time I had both Maya and Mia on the brain!

btw, Squidy. this doesn't mean Ive forgotten about you.
If Matt Attack is scum, let's not forget he was defending you the most during this day phase.

I would defend squidy again and again if I had to. I won't write off the possibility of him being a godfather as others seem to believe, but I personally think he's shown some pretty strong pro-town play. If he's scum, he's done a damn good job making a fool out of me.

Vote: Matt Attack

Would you care to add anything? I'd be happy to answer any questions about my play or me above defense if somethings eating at you.

I'll try to be on for a little bit longer to answer questions if anybody is around, but I'll probably head to bed soon so you might have to wait until morning depending on how soon I fall asleep.

Gah every single vote on the table seems really dumb I'm having second thoughts.

Both arguments make sense

I need to go to sleep

I'm leaving my vote where it is this time, and I hope it's not a mistake.

well i certainly wont be here for the end of today, so i better make my final vote.

Vote: TheGoddamn

im very suspicious of Zubz and TG, less so of Squidyj and MattAttack,
so in a choice between Zubz and TG, i choose the one least likely to result in my death today.

if i survive then i'll see you all in the mourning
if not, then i guess i'll see you all in hell

if i survive then i'll see you all in the mourning
if not, then i guess i'll see you all in hell
He said hell. Scum confirmed.

But really, I find it easy to believe Matt's role exists. Recall that we didn't even know blackmail was a roleblock until Salva was gone. TWE actually "theorized" it was for whatever reason but it didn't pick up traction. I can think of possible explanations for why Roy didn't know or chose not to reveal it was cured, but for now it's enough for me to believe it exists when there's all these other problematic things to worry about.

RedFalco

I want you to to think about Salva's power- he was a scum had the ability to permanently role block anybody he visited (at least until his own death.) Furthermore, he was given two shots on the first night to use his power. Do you really think it's likely that there isn't a role built into the game to counter this? Because from my perspective, it sounds like it would be awfully overpowered otherwise.
Ascetic Cop.
No matter how many times SalvaPot would try to blackmail him he'd still be able to check during the night phase. Plus perhaps Drago/SalvaPot could've assumed that they may have blackmailed Xam but then the Xam would still be able to check.

Plus RNH(PW) was pretty strong too, he just never got a chance to use his powers. He had "OBJECTION - Turnabout is fair play (couldn’t resist!). While pointing out contradictions, you will become a commuter which means that all actions will have no effect on you during that particular night phase."

Plus Shelly was leaving a paper(technically card) trail, if he had gotten more people blackmailed it would've shown that it's one person doing the blackmailing and eventually he'd probably be traced.
Of course, you have no guarantee that Sorian built the game with this in mind beyond my own word. But that doesn't mean that we can't think about how feasible my role is, and I believe it is more than reasonable to believe that I'm telling the truth.
Sure, it's feasible but as stated above we do/did have ways to combat Shelly. It's also feasible that Sorian(or you) may have made up this fake role specifically to make it sound credible for this scenario.
As to your comment about a tracker following me, I'm not really sure how to defend against that beyond agreeing with you? There really isn't a point to tracking me. I abstained from using my power last night and I will continue to do so every night that I'm alive.
We can't prove that you didn't do anything during the last night phase since as far as people have claimed nobody tracked you that night. From now on you might start abstaining yourself from using your possible Mafia power or you could also just be a goon with no night ability.

Take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt, because it's pure speculation. I've been working under the assumption that Roy must have received some indication that he was no longer blackmailed, because regardless of the fact that he was ordinary, he received the calling card in the first place. Roy must have known that he was cured. So why wouldn't he have revealed this fact to town?

We can only guess as to the reason, but I've got a pretty good theory. Salva's role does not indicate the existence of my role, so the scum players should have no clue (beyond speculation of the existence of a counter role at least) that their blackmail can be cured without Salva's death. Roy chose to use his knowledge of the role to his advantage in two ways. The first is that despite being cured, scum would not realize this. This put them at an informational disadvantage, and in a game where scum players usually have the most knowledge, this can be extremely valuable. The second reason is that his knowledge of the existence of my role would allow for him to corroborate me. If I were to have claimed D3, Roy could have backed me up. Keeping these two reasons in mind, we have arrived at a sufficient explanation (in my eyes at least) for Roy's actions in regards to my possession.
Taken with a grain of salt indeed.
Yeah, why wouldn't he reveal it? You talk about leaving scum in an informational disadvantage but that would have also left the rest of Town at an informational disadvantage. Roy had no PR, his only ability was talking and letting Town know what he knew. Plus he also ran the risk of dying and not telling us that he had been cleared from being blackmailed or having the chance to "corroborate" you.
I bet you wish he was here to "corroborate" you now, huh? Too bad you probably killed him. Conveniently he died during the night phase right after Shelly died(when we find out how Shelly's blackmail works) and Roy was no longer blackmailed.
So you probably killed him to cut any possible loose ends and be able to use this role easier since without him around you can say that you cleared his blackmail and he has no say about it.
Or perhaps you were afraid that Roy had an ability and now he'd be able to use it again.

Hey, in my defense not only are their names are pretty similar, but the flub happened between the two players who have literally claimed those two names (myself and Zubz.) At the time I had both Maya and Mia on the brain!
Plausible. As i said, small detail I noticed but that's it.
I would defend squidy again and again if I had to. I won't write off the possibility of him being a godfather as others seem to believe, but I personally think he's shown some pretty strong pro-town play. If he's scum, he's done a damn good job making a fool out of me.
Admittedly, he has done actions that I've considered Pro-Town, I agree. Plus he has the check from Xam. But lately he did feel suspicious and aggressive. But I guess we'll see what happens at the end of this day phase and after the night phase. From then we'll follow what seems like the best path.

Sorian

Banned
Current Vote Count:

StanleyPalmtree (5)
CornBurrito
flatearthpandas
EzekelRAGE
Zubz
StarSketch
StarSketch
CornBurrito

TheGoddamn (3)
flatearthpandas
CornBurrito
Xamtheking
ScraftyDevil
StanleyPalmtree

Zubz (2)
EzekelRAGE
Matt Attack
Xamtheking
StanleyPalmtree
CornBurrito
squidyj

squidyj (1)
ScraftyDevil
Xamtheking
RedFalco
CornBurrito
Xamtheking
TheGoddamn

Matt Attack (1)
RedFalco
StarSketch

EzekelRAGE (0)
EzekelRAGE

7 votes are needed for majority

Day 4 ends in:
blu_1457539200.png

Xam, let me type up my thoughts on today before you do anything drastic. We still have 9 hours left in the day; no sense in wasting them considering we could potentially be in MYLO tomorrow.

Sorian

Banned
Xam, let me type up my thoughts on today before you do anything drastic. We still have 9 hours left in the day; no sense in wasting them considering we could potentially be in MYLO tomorrow.

2 hours, day phase was shifted this time, it'll be moved back to normal slot for next day phase.

As we draw closer to the deadline, I'm feeling less and less convinced that Stanley is guilty. It's the same problem I had during Star's trial yesterday: everything feels too clean, too easy. For perspective, here's what will happen if he turns out to be innocent:

-We enter the night with 11 remaining
-Xam is almost certainly killed due to his inability to be protected
-Star is likely killed too unless there's another protector out there who's lying about their role
-We enter the following day with 9 remaining, including at least two villains and a neutral killer

In the scenario in which the killer is allied with the villains, they have the potential to hold one-third of the vote tomorrow which could very easily swing in their favour if we let our guard down for an instant and force us into a final day in which they hold half the vote.

They're going to want a scenario like that more than anything else. But to do that, they need numbers, and I really don't believe that they'd let one of their own bite the dust so close to the finish line.

I truly do believe that Zubz, Squidy or especially TheGoddamn would make for better choices today. Of these three I'm convinced that one is injust and another is potentially our killer, whom judging by their chosen targets is not on our side.

If Stanley does end up being lynched and turns out to be innocent, I implore everyone closely scrutinize the above three in case I'm not around tomorrow to make a stronger case.

Once again, if Scrafty is not around tomorrow CB is a policy lynch. I still believe better confidence in our cleared town will be the best consequence of a possible ML today if we're unfortunate enough to have one. I think Stanley and TG are both good targets, but I think Stanley is our best bet in our current position.

Before things end, I would like to request TheGoddamn to track Ezekiel tonight. I would also like to request that no one vote tomorrow until TheGoddamn gives his results. Even if Ezekiel dies his steal goes through so we can verify TG either way.

If you guys lynch stanley, and he is innocent, please lynch FEP tomorrow, for my sake.

If Stanley is innocent I get cleared along with you unless we really want to risk the game on MYLO. Unless we think there are multiple godfathers, hunting green checks is a dangerous road when there are other likely scum targets. My entire argument for Stanley is the benefits of his flip either way so I hope we don't get into anything so silly tomorrow.

I'm incredibly hesitant to clear TG based on what results he gives tomorrow. It'd be incredibly easy for him to BS results without scrutiny, so I think we should move forward under the assumption that he's guilty and disregard any results he gives entirely. Don't get caught in his rhythm; don't let him craft a WIFOM scenario on the off-chance that he's telling the truth and there truly are two trackers on our side.

He would be the only tracker and he can only BS results if he or another scum are in fact a tracker. More important than clearing him, if he can't give us the results tomorrow we can lynch him with confidence.

Sorian

Banned
Current Vote Count:

StanleyPalmtree (5)
CornBurrito
flatearthpandas
EzekelRAGE
Zubz
StarSketch
StarSketch
CornBurrito
Xamtheking
EzekelRAGE

TheGoddamn (3)
flatearthpandas
CornBurrito
Xamtheking
ScraftyDevil
StanleyPalmtree
Xamtheking

Zubz (2)
EzekelRAGE
Matt Attack
Xamtheking
StanleyPalmtree
CornBurrito
squidyj

squidyj (1)
ScraftyDevil
Xamtheking
RedFalco
CornBurrito
Xamtheking
TheGoddamn

Matt Attack (1)
RedFalco
StarSketch

EzekelRAGE (0)
EzekelRAGE

7 votes are needed for majority

Day 4 ends in:
blu_1457539200.png

He can still be a watcher/tracker, just scum. So that would really change nothing. Keep that in mind if I die and he still gives the right result.

He can still be a watcher/tracker, just scum. So that would really change nothing. Keep that in mind if I die and he still gives the right result.

Again, it isn't about clearing him. We can't trust anything he tells us but if he can tell your target before anyone votes, we'll at least know there is a tracker of some alignment. His claimed actions were so convenient I'm not convinced he can track and if he can't tell us your target we can basically turbo him immediately.

Ascetic Cop.
No matter how many times SalvaPot would try to blackmail him he'd still be able to check during the night phase. Plus perhaps Drago/SalvaPot could've assumed that they may have blackmailed Xam but then the Xam would still be able to check.

If Phoenix got roleblocked N1 that wouldn't have helped him at all. And an ascetic cop is a crappy counter because that wouldn't help any of the other roles at all, let alone help us find Salva's "paper trail" you mention.

VOTE: The Goddamn

If it's not gonna be Zubz today, I'll put my weight here for whatvever it's worth (like, 2 minutes lol). If two more people want to lynch him, go for it; I agree with Scrafty.

Sorian

Banned
Shunned and defeated, Ema looked down sadly.

ema-disappointed(a).gif

"I just wanted to be a forensic investigator. I just wanted to help."

Godot slammed his coffee cup down on the prosecutor's table.

"...Add the pureness of milk to the perfect, clear darkness of coffee. Stir. Who better to hide in with the guilty than one of the most innocent amoung us?"

Apollo wanted to object. He knew this was wrong, but his chords of steel failed him. Ema was taken away and he knew that she would disappear by morning just like Gregory Edgeworth had.

StanleyPalmtree has been removed from the game

Welcome StanleyPalmtree!

You are Ema Skye, Forensics Detective

Your role is the Town Deputy Alignment Cop

A sharp mind and younger sister to Lana Skye, you seem to be one of the first people to bring forensic investigation techniques to the beautiful country-state of Japanifornia. Still a student, you are unsure of your current investigation capabilities but each day you learn more and more.

You currently have no night abilities, however, there is another player in this game who has an investigative role. If this player is ever lynched or killed, you will inherit their investigative abilities. I will let you know when this has occurred and from that time forward, you can PM me the command INVESTIGATE: <playername> to check the alignment of a living player. You will receive a response of “town” “not town” or “no result”

You win when all non-town players have been eliminated from the game and there is at least one town player still alive.

Vote sheet will be updated to reflect final votes in a few minutes. Going forward, day phases will be 72 hours and night phases will be 48 hours. To help transition to this, the following night phase will be slightly shortened to allow us to get back to the regular time the game had been running on.

Night 4 ends in:
red_1457733600.png

Sorian

Banned
There was a time where I was trained with all of my brothers and sisters. We learned to smell things, to find things, and to chase things. It was fun! But hard sometimes. I liked eating and cuddling more though! Eventually the humans gathered all of us together. They put little blue hats on us and stuck little badges to our chests. They all seemed really happy for us and it was so exciting!

That's when he showed up to take me. He was there while we were training, when none of the other humans were looking he would scratch my favorite spot behind my ear and give me belly rubs. He was my newest friend and we spent time together everyday from then on. Sometimes I would get to go out to different places and try to find something he was looking for. Other times, he would just take me out for a W A L K and I would get to run ahead of him and make sure there was no danger.

It wasn't always fun though. I could tell there were some times he was sad. There was a lot of nights where he would go out and get me something to eat but he ended up having nothing for himself. I always tried nudging my food bowl towards him but he always looked at me with a smile and a small scratch behind my ear before making sure that I had my fill. He was my friend and I always made sure he knew it by tackling him and laying on him.

We had a good routine. A lot of the time he would go into this big building where he had to stand in the center of the room and talk to a man with a hairy face. I tried sneaking in once but I got in trouble :( so I started waiting outside instead. Everyday, he would be inside for awhile while I slept outside. He would come out and I would greet him with a bark! Everyday for years and years, if he ever had to go into that building, he would always come back out to greet me.

He was taking a lot longer than normal this time. But it's ok! I know he will come back out to greet me any minute now! And I'm not moving from this spot until I get to see him again! Because he is my best friend!

CornBurrito has been removed from the game.

Welcome CornBurrito!

You are Dick Gumshoe, Clueless Detective

Your role is the Town Fruit Vendor

A lovable buffoon, you are constantly getting pay cuts from the prosecutors that you work under. All you wish to do is help both the defense and the prosecution during their investigations and today, you’ve brought all the tools anyone would need to solve a case.

During the night phase, you have to give one item to a living player of your choosing. The player will be alerted of the item they have received if successful and you will be alerted if the command fails for any reason. You must continue trying to give out your items until none remain. There are four items, none of which do anything. The four commands you can send me each night are: METAL DETECTOR: <playername>, USELESS EVIDENCE: <playername>, BURGER: <playername> or FISHING POLE: <playername>

You win when all non-town players have been eliminated from the game and there is at least one town player still alive.

As said previously we are moving to the 72 hour day phase and 48 hour night phase set-up going forward because we are now at 10 living players. 6 votes are needed for majority. Also, some people are experiencing daylight savings time this weekend so you'll notice that the time is an hour different for some of you, please keep that in mind.

Day 5 ends in:
blu_1457992800.png

I was waiting for the person I blocked to post before I say anything, but if they're our Vig, then they know already and I can't catch them out like I expected.

Top Bottom