• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney [Mafia] |OT| Turnabout Scum

You and myself are the only two who remain unchecked. I am town. Either there's literally only a single scum left on the game with no neutral role present, or we have two roles who investigate as town despite not being town-aligned. So let me revise my statement to saying that I'm like, 99% sure you can't be town.
I can dig that then. I feel the same about you.

RAGE, would you switch your vote to squidyj if I made a convincing enough case, or do you have MA squarely in your sights like a stubborn bull?
Maybe? I mean his defense against the voting accusations made sense. Only knock I have against him is his low posting, which Zubz has been way worse at. As far as his rude/jerkish behavior, tbh he did the same thing in Archer. So I can't really knock him for that.

Also, who is really being stubborn here? You/SD are the only ones who feel like we should go godfather hunting atm while the remaining players think it should be between me and MA.

Stopped playing in that I stopped engaging you directly with those mega post breakdowns. Until just earlier. As for my actual defense, it's right above you.

Overall, I don't think my behavior makes sense as scum play. Especially being the last one left. I would want to lay low and let you guys ML. All I'm trying to do is mitigate the possible damage of a ML while all but guaranteeing a non-town Lynch in the next two days if there are indeed two non-town left to chase. That is not scum play.

There is no scum plus side to lynching you today. One ML is as good as another for scum at this point. My neck isn't on the line but I'm sticking it anyway to help town make the safest decision possible as far as I can figure.

Overall, I don't think my behavior makes sense as scum play. Especially being the last one left. I would want to lay low and let you guys ML. All I'm trying to do is mitigate the possible damage of a ML while all but guaranteeing a non-town Lynch in the next two days if there are indeed two non-town left to chase. That is not scum play.

There is no scum plus side to lynching you today. One ML is as good as another for scum at this point. My neck isn't on the line but I'm sticking it anyway to help town make the safest decision possible as far as I can figure.

I outlined in post 2350 how your behavior makes perfect sense for scum play. I even picked everything said apart piece by piece. Also caught you in a lie about Star being a feasible option for you.

The scum plus side to lynching me is removing the risk I could still a scum vote, especially since I pointed out it would be you who got their vote stolen.

Would also like to point out SD/Xam/RF seem to trust me enough with my power that I won't use it. FEP and MA are the only ones that have made it such a point of discussion today.

Would also like to point out SD/Xam/RF seem to trust me enough with my power that I won't use it. FEP and MA are the only ones that have made it such a point of discussion today.

It is a valid concern because it is a dangerous ability- especially at this stage of the game. I'm not in the habit of blindly trusting people who possess such an ability and say they don't intend to make use of it despite having used it at literally every opportunity possible thus far. No matter how much they may trust you with it (do you guys?), it is still worth being concerned about.

It is a valid concern because it is a dangerous ability- especially at this stage of the game. I'm not in the habit of blindly trusting people who possess such an ability and say they don't intend to make use of it despite having used it at literally every opportunity possible thus far. No matter how much they may trust you with it (do you guys?), it is still worth being concerned about.

Just an observation lol. 2 100% townies trust me enough with it, not to threaten a lynch on me.

Any thoughts on what I said in post 2350 regarding FEP?

I outlined in post 2350 how your behavior makes perfect sense for scum play. I even picked everything said apart piece by piece. Also caught you in a lie about Star being a feasible option for you.

The scum plus side to lynching me is removing the risk I could still a scum vote, especially since I pointed out it would be you who got their vote stolen.
Stealy my vote, dude. Whether you're scum or town you're going to anyway. And unless we lynch you or scum tomorrow, we'll lose the game because of it.

All the rest of my energy today is for everyone else.

I think everyone ought to post a reads list today. Ideally you want two suspected scum and six suspected town.

Stealy my vote, dude. Whether you're scum or town you're going to anyway. And unless we lynch you or scum tomorrow, we'll lose the game because of it.

All the rest of my energy today is for everyone else.

I think everyone ought to post a reads list today. Ideally you want two suspected scum and six suspected town.
Dodge everything in the post. Especially the part about you lying about Star. Ok.

Anyway, I'm cool with dropping off you for the remainder of the day. Hope you are prepared to answer those questions next day phase from someone else.

As to reads lists with your limits.
2 Scum - FEP/MA
6 Town - Xam/SD/SJ/RF/Zubz/ER

SJ, can you choose between me and MA? Although I'm confident I stole the vote of scum sk today, the votes are spread out. I don't want to risk the remaining scum trying to cause a tie at the last minute.

Just an observation lol. 2 100% townies trust me enough with it, not to threaten a lynch on me.

Any thoughts on what I said in post 2350 regarding FEP?

Just read through D3 and D4 again. FEP's behavior those days gives me more town feelings than not. Your scenario for his motivations (as scum) technically can be true, but I don't think it's the only valid interpretation.

You bring up the possibility that FEP could be trying to go after you because you mention that you may steal his vote. I can't really argue against this because I suppose it could make sense for him to be concerned.

I think the two most suspicious players right now are Ezekel and Zubz. I think the possiblity that Ezekel has lied about his alignment in combination with his vote-stealing ability make him a no-brainer for today's lynch. The green-checked players are not going anywhere, unless they die tonight (which is probably unlikely), in which case we'll have an even smaller pool of lynch candidates tomorrow. Regardless if their number is the same tomorrow as it is today, we should not risk our vote count becoming smaller- this is a risk I firmly believe we cannot take.

Zubz

Banned
So, uh... Wow. That's a dense wall of posts. Sorry if I haven't been too active, since I've been trying to work on 2 papers, but I've been trying to drill through it all. Unfortunately, however, I'm not sold on any of FEP/MA/Zeke's theories; the only thing I can confirm is that it made reading this page a pain. I kinda feel that, if we do have a Neutral Killer, they're among one of these 3, if only because of how fervent you all have been. Zeke's been one of the most adamant, but we also know that he has a vote stealing power; he wouldn't be a NK too... right? I'm leaning for MA being the most suspicious out of that trio, but it's more that a couple of things aren't sitting right with me (Continuing to draw things back to me making Dahlia jokes until Xam vouched for me, and asserting that Zeke has a power on top of stealing votes). I dunno, I just don't like it.

However, I'm still convinced that SJ's a godfather. He's always voted in a way that favored scum, and the most he's done to defend himself was just remind him of how little room for error we have. I dunno, it feels like he's poking his head in to deflect, then trying to keep it back down. I think it's worth the risk, and frankly, I don't want to miss the buzzer again.

VOTE: SquidyJ

So, uh... Wow. That's a dense wall of posts. Sorry if I haven't been too active, since I've been trying to work on 2 papers, but I've been trying to drill through it all. Unfortunately, however, I'm not sold on any of FEP/MA/Zeke's theories; the only thing I can confirm is that it made reading this page a pain. I kinda feel that, if we do have a Neutral Killer, they're among one of these 3, if only because of how fervent you all have been. Zeke's been one of the most adamant, but we also know that he has a vote stealing power; he wouldn't be a NK too... right? I'm leaning for MA being the most suspicious out of that trio, but it's more that a couple of things aren't sitting right with me (Continuing to draw things back to me making Dahlia jokes until Xam vouched for me, and asserting that Zeke has a power on top of stealing votes). I dunno, I just don't like it.

However, I'm still convinced that SJ's a godfather. He's always voted in a way that favored scum, and the most he's done to defend himself was just remind him of how little room for error we have. I dunno, it feels like he's poking his head in to deflect, then trying to keep it back down. I think it's worth the risk, and frankly, I don't want to miss the buzzer again.

VOTE: SquidyJ
In the hopes of stoning a possible no lynch today, I would like to point to this post by squidy on his voting.

Matt Attack said not defending myself was anti-town which I sort of agree with so I'm going to try to defend myself somewhat here. You called me out for my not voting on scum. I didn't vote on TG because he was going down anyways and if you think that was a scum tactic you're insane, he was literally deader than dead and all I wanted was to allow for some conversation instead of hammering and ending the day early. Salvapot likewise became a train while I was sleeping, it wasn't something I had any real chance to interact with. Hell, worthy blew himself up with a modkill before we could even finish voting on him.
I'm of the opinion that we have too many green checks right now, I know I'm town but I think at least one of xam's greenchecks is not. I thought zubz would turn out to be the SK but I'm not entirely convinced the SK would be detection immune. IF there's someone who's attitude and thought process has been very strange to me in that cleared group it has to be FEP.
We should remember that we have 8 and no blocker anymore. This means we only have 1 mislynch in the rest of the game, we have 3 lynches and we need to hit scum twice.
If I am lynched we will need to hit 2/2 scum in the next 2 lynches.

(Continuing to draw things back to me making Dahlia jokes until Xam vouched for me,

This has nothing to do with Xam's check. Rather, it's because of TGD's flip. His role doesn't seem to allow scum to learn of the actual details of my night action, and I simply don't think it's very likely that there's room for another scum role that focuses on learning details of the night actions of others. I still think you have a decent chance of flipping scum, personally, but your jokes (however absurdly coincidental they may have been) are no longer sufficient evidence for that conclusion.

Sorian

Banned
Current Vote Count:

squidyj (3)
Xamtheking
ScraftyDevil
Zubz

Matt Attack (2)
EzekelRAGE

Zubz (1)
squidyj

EzekelRAGE (1)
EzekelRAGE
flatearthpandas

5 votes are needed for majority.

Day 6 ends in:
blu_1458162000.png

Fuck it!!! I'm impatient as fuck.

Gonna trust Xam and SD. If SJ's lynch is green or he isn't last scum. Plz trust me 2mrw and lynch MA or FEP. I know it's a lot of big ass posts to go thru. But if I don't make it. Soldier for and remember post 2350 in regards to FEP and how he lied about Star. I think RF can handle MA.

I lied about my power, I must steal a vote at night. So either way I have to screw up the vote. Sorry.

I have too much power, I have to hammer! Curse you sorian!!! The temptation is too great!
Vote: SquidyJ

tumblr_ncdgouY2IK1suekw5o1_500.gif

latest

giphy.gif

Sorian

Banned
Von Karma was gone.

Dahlia Hawthorne was gone.

Even my hired assassin, de Killer, was gone.

I stood alone in the courtroom. Afraid. Alone. I had so much power. I had the entire world in the palm of my hand. But it was all gone now. No one was there to support me anymore.

The smug demeanor of Matt Engarde had changed to fear ever since de Killer had left and that fear became pure terror as the realization that he had lost finally kicked in. It was over for him and though he stood in the courtroom completely alone, he knew that no one had to be around to take him away. The choice had been made already and there was no reversing it.

He had lost.

Moments later, Maya and Pearl walked into the courtroom. Pearl had forgotten her magatama. No one was in the room to greet them.

squidyj has been removed from the game.

Welcome squidyj!

You are Matt Engarde, Innocent Until Proven Guilty

Your role is the Mafia Godfather

A simple actor known for your titular role as The Nickel Samurai. Unbeknownst to those around you, a dark secret lies beneath the surface. You are a man willing to bribe, blackmail, and even kill to get what you want. As those around you begin to be silenced, you seem to become more brazen with how far you are willing to go to win.

If investigated, you will show up as “town” to any alignment investigators that may be in this game. In addition, you have an accomplice on your team, Shelly de Killer, who is able to blackmail other players each night. Depending on the number of blackmailed players currently alive in the game, you will gain various passive benefits:

2 Players Blackmailed: You will be able to perform the mafia faction kill even if you are not the last remaining member of your team.
3 Players Blackmailed: You will become Bulletproof and it will be impossible to night kill you.
4 Players Blackmailed: Your personal kill action will be upgraded to Strongman status which means that it will automatically punch through any protective, redirecting, interfering, or role-blocking actions that may be in this game.
5 Players Blackmailed: You will be allowed to sacrifice your faction’s night kill to instead perform an immediate day kill by PMing me the command SWISH WINE GLASS: <playername>

You will be unable to be the person to perform the mafia’s faction kill until you are the last player left alive or the above requirement is met. Once you have met any requirements, you may submit your factions kill by PMing me the command KILL: <playername>.

Your partners are: [REDACTED]. Your mafia chat room can be found here.

You win when your team makes up at least 50% of the living player list, and there are no other active killing abilities remaining.

The client previously redacted from Salva's role PM was Matt Engarde

I'll fix up the vote spreadsheet in a few minutes. We are going to try something and this night phase will be fairly short. If it looks like I won't get the night actions in time then I will extend the night phase by 24 hours. With that being said:

Night 6 ends in:
red_1458162000.png

Sorian

Banned
Pearl stayed up late that night. She had found a book that she assumed was written by her favorite author, Elise Deauxnim. She had no reason to make this assumption but Pearl wasn't always the brightest little girl in the world. To blame her though would be incorrect. The book itself had a power around it and she was already succumbing to its whims.

She had noticed the leather-bound book suddenly in her hand. She had not found it in a corner of the courthouse or under a desk. No, it had just appeared where it had not been before. No one else could see the book. She tried to show it to Maya but Maya didn't know what she was talking about. After everyone else had fallen asleep, she decided to read the book, hoping there would be clues to solve this mystery. It was written in a language she had never seen before, but she was still able to understand parts of it somehow. From the parts she could read, she could tell the book was describing how to use magic.

There were five spells she could understand in the book. Secret correspondence, protection, the ability to pacify a person, the ability to have more sway over others. The fifth. The fifth was the most interesting. She started speaking the words to the spell out loud.

The next morning, everyone woke up hoping that this would be the end. 20 people had been locked in the courthouse and 14 were dead or gone. Time was running out.

ScraftyDevil has been removed from the game.

Welcome ScraftyDevil!

You are Mia!Pearl, Busty Spirit Medium

Your role is the Town Innocent Child

These clothes are much too tight.

You do not have any special actions, but when the game begins, I will post your name and role PM to the game thread. Everyone will be made aware that you are a town-aligned player. This is Gafia, they might lynch you anyway.

You win when all non-town players have been eliminated from the game and there is at least one town player still alive.

Scrafty's real PM can be found at the start of day 1. The edits here are a joke

6 players remain. 4 votes are needed for majority.

Day 7 ends in:
blu_1458421200.png

NOW GUYS!!! Before we win this game and waste a lot of time with MA and his arguments about why I have to be the killer. Hear me out.

Ignore the fact that I hammered 3 mafia, a potential 4 before TWE's suicide.(Also Ignore the fact that SP/SJ's hammers were the luck of an impatient stubborn bastard)
Ignore the fact that you risk a bunch of big ass posts like last day phase from me arguing til I'm blue in the face if I'm still seen as scum. I know none of you want that.

Any argument MA can make against me is cleared with ONE simple action.
Vote:Matt Attack

When Sorian posts the vote count, you will see that my vote is only counted once. I don't have to use it each night. So I lied about lying. Why you ask? It was the safest for town. At the time I didn't know SJ was scum so wanted to make myself a possible target. Figured I could dangle the carrot of scum taking out my vote and another vote. They would take me out, saving Xam or SD. In hindsight SJ probably wouldve taken out SD and MA couldn't take me out because that would prove he is the killer the next day phase. I had to hurry up and send the no steal command to Sorian. The temptation to steal was so strong.

If I was any kind of scum, I would've stolen a vote.
======================================
Reflections
FEP, I think this can sum up ystrday nicely.
HICoqAz.gif

Redfalco - What were you thinking when you saw my hammer post? I like to think it was something like "This guy, I can't take one break w/o him hammering away like fucking John Hentry" Gun's blazing worked this game, luckily.

Xam/SD - Good job, you guys made good calls all game.
90.gif

To town as a whole. You guys don't realize how different this game couldve been. That day 3 vote on SP was pure luck. I just couldn't contain my power once given the opportunity to hammer lol.
bmc3tu.gif

Damn to think, I couldve hammered all mafia. This game couldve been totally different if they killed or blackmailed me after my reveal.

Did SJ check out like he did after SP died? Instead of reaching SSJ 4 he was forever stuck on Yamcha level.
tumblr_mrobcrTRTS1sfapxzo1_500.gif

Gratz to all town and thanks to all mods for a fun season 5.

Hoping for a vigilante role in the S5.5 games.
lhjhbB9.gif

Wouldn't be surprised if I'm policy lynched day 1 on the next game. I'm too unpredictable if I have an active role or because ppl don't want to see me resort to arguing with myself.
Michael-Jordan-laughing.gif

To begin: Vote: EzekelRage
I have doubts that I have a vote, but this is where it would go.

The role blocks were super powerful. I believe more than ever town had a way of countering them and MA is town.

More importantly, we will 100% lose the game if Zeke is our last killer and we don't lynch him right now. We are 5/1 now. If Matt flips town we are 3/1 the following day. Zeke steals a vote and stalemates or hammers a ML and either way town loses.

On the slim ass chance Zeke is town, we can still hit Matt the following day for a sure win.

I hope to god no one wants to seriously consider a second godfather.

Zeke has lied multiple times about his role, hammered someone he claimed to believe was innocent, and is still alive with his dangerous power

Fake edit: Xam, results?

Depending on the number of blackmailed players currently alive in the game, you will gain various passive benefits:

2 Players Blackmailed: You will be able to perform the mafia faction kill even if you are not the last remaining member of your team.
3 Players Blackmailed: You will become Bulletproof and it will be impossible to night kill you.
4 Players Blackmailed: Your personal kill action will be upgraded to Strongman status which means that it will automatically punch through any protective, redirecting, interfering, or role-blocking actions that may be in this game.
5 Players Blackmailed: You will be allowed to sacrifice your faction’s night kill to instead perform an immediate day kill by PMing me the command SWISH WINE GLASS: <playername>

Yeah, I'm pretty sure my role needs to exist. Would anybody like to argue otherwise?

In any case, Ezekel must be lynched today. His hammer of squidy may have ultimately benefited town (I certainly know that I appreciate the details of squidy's flip), but he's also shown that he is wholly untrustworthy. He claimed to have lied about needing to use his ability, promising to no longer make use of it, then proceeded to reveal that he actually lied about that and he really did need to use it every night- and then proceeded to hammer the vote because he couldn't control himself with his ability. These are not the actions of somebody who should be trusted by town.

But more importantly, the longer he remains, the more likely it becomes that he will gain control of the lynch. Once we hit 4 players, he will be effectively unstoppable.

VOTE: EzekelRAGE

To begin: Vote: EzekelRage
I have doubts that I have a vote, but this is where it would go.

The role blocks were super powerful. I believe more than ever town had a way of countering them and MA is town.

More importantly, we will 100% lose the game if Zeke is our last killer and we don't lynch him right now. We are 5/1 now. If Matt flips town we are 3/1 the following day. Zeke steals a vote and stalemates or hammers a ML and either way town loses.

On the slim ass chance Zeke is town, we can still hit Matt the following day for a sure win.

I hope to god no one wants to seriously consider a second godfather.

Zeke has lied multiple times about his role, hammered someone he claimed to believe was innocent, and is still alive with his dangerous power

Fake edit: Xam, results?
Im just gonna assume u didnt read my post. Short story, your wrong.

NOW GUYS!!! Before we win this game and waste a lot of time with MA and his arguments about why I have to be the killer.

I've actually been pretty adamant that I don't think you have a killing ability. I do believe you are not aligned with town, are a barrier to our own win condition, and possess a power that can be used to decimate town's chances of winning late game.

Xam, Zubz, RF. PLEASE DONT VOTE ME.

FEP or MA are still the main scum for me atm.

MA probably didn't bother to kill Xam because he knew he would check green.
FEP is too ready to lynch me even though nothing adds up he can throw at me.

RedFalco

Matt Attack is Town
Ezekial, what the fuck is up with you
he is?

and Ezekel, I was thinking "WTF, not again, this guy..."
I didn't trust your judgement. You're so gung ho.

Hence why I was delaying my vote, I was afraid you'd do that.

Although with MA apparently being Town this is ridiculous.

You almost deserve to win ER for surviving this long but you're the only unchecked.

Xam, Zubz, RF. PLEASE DONT VOTE ME.

FEP or MA are still the main scum for me atm.

MA probably didn't bother to kill Xam because he knew he would check green.
FEP is too ready to lynch me even though nothing adds up he can throw at me.

I checked green. We have not confirmed not one, but two scum powers that revolve around the concept of the blackmail claim- not only is it a semi-permanent roleblock, but it's useful even if they completely miss power roles because they still serve to power up Matt Engarde's abilities. Considering these factors and how nobody's counterclaimed a role to balance this, I don't see how you can still try to paint me as scum. Hell, even yesterday you claimed that I have a decent scum hunting record. Don't all of these factors point to me being town?

Your actions have taken the trust I dad in you and bodyslammed it

Plz unvote and lets talk this out.

What actions exactly? You wanted me to go with SJ. I did

I tried to make myself a target last night. to save you or SD. SD was most likely lynched because she woudlve sided with me and MA knew you would get a green check on him.

Plz unvote and lets talk this out.

What actions exactly? You wanted me to go with SJ. I did

I tried to make myself a target last night. to save you or SD. SD was most likely lynched because she woudlve sided with me and MA knew you would get a green check on him.
You went with SJ only after you could hammer him

Top Bottom