• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Of Gods and Men [Mafia] | Ambrosia In Front Of Me

Sophia

Realistically, I'm not very confident about OceanicAir tho. It seems like he could be town. But there's a possibility he isn't, and there doesn't seem to be enough swing to change for a Seath vote.

*Splinter

Why do you think the scum team is four players? Or are you counting the God in there?

Right now I'm leaning OceanicAir, Seath, and Kyanrute, but I'm hanging onto my vote for now as OA's probably going to be lynched.

I am counting the god. Even if it turns out to be neutral I doubt we would have scum god +4 more scum, thats too much of the vote.

In fact doesn't that make today mylo? Noone has been turboed yet, so we can rule it out

4 OA, 2 Splinter, 2 Seath. Four votes remain, no additional candidate can earn a majority now. Who do we kill?

If all 3 of them are town, scum just won the game. They spread their votes out to disassociate themselves from each other, and prevented any new candidates from being lynched today. If one of these 3 flip town, we'd likely go for one of the others.

It's not mylo today but it sure feels like it.

Sophia

Still haven't heard one benefit to a Seath lynch

Honestly, I think he's a good scum suspect to look at it for future days if we have one. He's been inconsistent, and people who try to gambit like that usually have something to hide. I don't like the fact that he's switched his claim twice now and won't roleclaim again because of something to do with a night kill he's obviously not going to get.

I can't shake the feeling that there's something off about this vote against you and OA, but now we're basically locked in with a choice of one of you three or a no-lynch. Right now Seath has two votes, one of whom I'm pretty sure is either town or a God, the other I'm leaning town on it. It doesn't look like people are jumping on a Seath vote really quickly, which is making me curious.

We should have lynched him on Day 3 too, but look at how many people jumped on his vote there? And then we ended up getting railroaded into voting off LP and a no-lynch.

*splinter (2)
oceanicair 1198
seath 1572

oceanicair (4)
*splinter 1607
swamped 1667
ezekelrage 1677
giant panda 1828

seath (2)
blargonaut 1800
wherearemahdragonz 1846

Majority is 7.

blu_1460754000.png

*Splinter

Sophia I don't doubt that Seath is scum, thats entirely missing the point

No scrap that it just doesn't make sense.

We lynch Seath today, he survives, Zipped or Sophia dies overnight and then we have 1 less town voice during the ACTUAL scum hunting.

I haven't seen any benefit to testing his claim now, it seems to be a case of "well he could be lying, let's find out". Besides curiosity there is no reason to do that today.

Ideally he'll be removed by other means before we ever have to test it.

Come to think of it, we don't even know for sure that we DO have to remove Peripseros.

Sophia

We don't know for sure. Peripseros himself could be included even if the wording would be a little weird.

But if we don't then it makes even less sense to test him today.

Replace "that list" with your own list of suspects.

I really really doubt that Royal lied in the victory condition. I doubt it so much, I'm not even going to waste the CPU power to entertain the idea. =P

We're 40 minutes out and we're the only two really discussing this right now. No one else has anything to say? Kyan, you have something you want to say, or did you just want to chime in with the amazingly generic question of "Who do we kill?" and waltz off?

Sophia

If all 3 of them are town, scum just won the game. They spread their votes out to disassociate themselves from each other, and prevented any new candidates from being lynched today. If one of these 3 flip town, we'd likely go for one of the others.

It's not mylo today but it sure feels like it.

If whoever is lynched today flips town, we definitely need to look at the people who voted carefully. Especially at those who locked in their votes without really bringing big discussion to the table.

Kyanrute

I really really doubt that Royal lied in the victory condition. I doubt it so much, I'm not even going to waste the CPU power to entertain the idea. =P

We're 40 minutes out and we're the only two really discussing this right now. No one else has anything to say? Kyan, you have something you want to say, or did you just want to chime in with the amazingly generic question of "Who do we kill?" and waltz off?

Why do you stuff these words into my mouth so harshly. I know my vote. I know the numbers. OA dies when I vote. I wanted to see if there was still something to discuss.

There was not.

Vote: OceanicAir

That seals it. 5 OA, 2 Splinter, 2 Seath.

I wonder what's more suspicious. GP as the 4th vote on OA, or the two votes on Seath introducing a late 3rd candidate?

Sophia

Why do you stuff these words into my mouth so harshly. I know my vote. I know the numbers. OA dies when I vote. I wanted to see if there was still something to discuss.

There was not.

Vote: OceanicAir

Er. We were kind of having a discussion regarding if a Seath lynch was viable idea for now or not. Admittly we were leaning towards it being a bad idea, but maybe you could have provided some insight on that seeing as you ask "Who do we kill?"

But you apparently don't seem to be interested in discussing it and would rather just vote and end it. :\

*Splinter

OA is locked in but the day isn't over.

As much as I want the flip already, please don't turbo

Sophia & Zipped can have a chance to make their (potential) final post

Sophia

That seals it. 5 OA, 2 Splinter, 2 Seath.

I wonder what's more suspicious. GP as the 4th vote on OA, or the two votes on Seath introducing a late 3rd candidate?

Of the votes that are most suspicious right now, I'd say Kyan and GP are the biggest two, although taking a look at Dragonz's vote might be a good idea too.

Zipped, could you answer this before the day ends, please?

Zipped, was this relevant? I noticed you didn't follow it up.

Kyanrute

Er. We were kind of having a discussion regarding if a Seath lynch was viable idea for now or not. Admittly we were leaning towards it being a bad idea, but maybe you could have provided some insight on that seeing as you ask "Who do we kill?"

But you apparently don't seem to be interested in discussing it and would rather just vote and end it. :\

Why do you stuff these words into my mouth so harshly. Even with the contradictions, it is possible that Seath is P, as long as P has access to the scum team. Perhaps one of the scum members got a dream and that was the way Seath got his word for the kill spell. The possibility that Seath is P cannot be overruled by anything but a test and/or hitting the real P. I am against the test, a no lynch is not a valid alternative.

Like I said, I knew my vote.

Sophia

Why do you stuff these words into my mouth so harshly. Even with the contradictions, it is possible that Seath is P, as long as P has access to the scum team. Perhaps one of the scum members got a dream and that was the way Seath got his word for the kill spell. The possibility that Seath is P cannot be overruled by anything but a test and/or hitting the real P. I am against the test, a no lynch is not a valid alternative.

Like I said, I knew my vote.

Doesn't that make your earlier question rather rhetorical? :\

▶

• [f] StarSketch — THE CHOSEN ONE; Neutral-aligned Specialized Detective, 1-shot Bulletproof & 1-shot 'Deicide' Double-edged Specific Override (D1: ./ N1: . ...) [lynched D1]
  • [m] flatearthpandas — HERETIC, KOMENA; Town-aligned 1-shot 'Heresy' Specialized Roleblocker, at dawn only (D1: No Dictates were enacted, refrained from unleashing power. ...) [lynched D2]
  • [-] Darryl — DREAMWEAVER, KOMENA; Town-aligned Chef (N1: . ...) [lynched D2]
  • [m] CrimsonFist — RHAPSODE, KOMENA; Town-aligned Doctor, unable to self-Protect (N1: Saved . ...) [killed N2]
  • [m] Freakinchair — VILLAGER, KOMENA; Town-aligned Citizen [killed N2]
  • [m] Gorlak — PRIESTESS, KOMENA; Town-aligned Jack-of-All-Trades, 1-shot 'Holy Ward' Protect & 1-shot 'Martyrize' Night-kill & 1-shot 'Sacrament' Roleblock (N1: . N2: . ...) [killed N3]
  1. [m] Lone_Prodigy — THE GOD KOMENA? or PERIPSEROS?; ?-aligned Specialized Deathproof, ?-shot 'Dictate' Daytime Global Inventor (D1: No Dictate issued./N1: ?. D2: Issued 'Eagerness' Dictate, or 'Inactivity' Dictate?/N2: ?. D3: Issued 'Intuition' Dictate, or 'Blindness' Dictate?/N3: ?. D4: Issued 'Honesty' Dictate, or 'Stubbornness' Dictate? ...) revealed D3
  2. [m] EzekelRAGE — ??​
  3. [m] Giant Panda — ??​
  4. [f] Sophia — ??​
  5. [m] Zippedpinhead — ??​
  6. [m] OceanicAir — ??​
  7. [f] Swamped — ??​
  8. [m] Kyanrute — VILLAGER?, KOMENA?; Town-aligned Citizen claimed D4
  9. [f] WhereAreMahDragonz — VILLAGER?, KOMENA?; Town-aligned Citizen claimed D4
  10. [-] Seath — VILLAGER?, KOMENA?; Town-aligned Citizen claimed D4
  11. [m] fengshuifever [m] Blargonaut — ???, ???; ?-aligned ?-shot Lightning Rod (N1: Successfully activated, ?/? shots remaining. N2: ?. N3: ?. ...) revealed D2
  12. [m] *Splinter — ORACLE?, KOMENA?; Town?-aligned Specialized Detective claimed D4
---
8vqh42B.gif
18 players. 12 remain.
8vqh42B.gif

DIVINE DICTATES
D1 - none
D2 - 'Eagerness' (KOMENA: double lynch) & 'Inactivity' (PERIPSEROS: 10-post limit each player)
D3 - 'Intuition' (KOMENA: 1 random Townsfolk learns alignment of another random Townsfolk) & 'Blindness' (PERIPSEROS: N3, all Night actions are Ninja-type/unobservable)
D4 - 'Honesty' (KOMENA: players are free to send 1 140-characters-or-less message via the hosts to another player, until the first half of D4 elapses) & 'Stubbornness' (PERIPSEROS: players can only vote once, and cannot unvote)​

Known Powers
DEICIDE: <Player_name> (Specialized, StarSketch's: during Daytime, target a player to kill; if the targeted player is a god, they die and you assume the godhood. If they are not a god, you die instead)
HERESY (Specialized, flatearthpandas': at Dawn, 1 hour before Day-start, roleblock that Day's Dictates of the gods after the announcement of them)
INVITE: <Player_name_A> and <Player_name_B> (Chef: the Night following your invitation, the invited players will have a private chat session and learn each other's role names, but no alignment or details)
PROTECT: <Player_name> (Doctor: save 1 player from death at Night)
HOLY WARD: <Player_name> (Jack-of-All-Trades: save 1 player from death at Night)
MARTYRIZE: <Player_name> (Jack-of-All-Trades: kill 1 player at Night)
SACRAMENT: <Player_name> (Jack-of-All-Trades: roleblock 1 player at Night)
ACTIVATE (Lightning Rod: redirect all initiated Night actions towards self)​

Victory conditions
Town/Followers of Komena
You win when all Followers of Peripseros are dead.

Scum/Followers of Peripseros?
You win when all Followers of Komena are dead.?

Neutral/Starsketch
You win if you have ascended to godhood through Deicide and are still alive at the end of the game.

Dreams
WIP​

===

Update as you will

Sophia

To me, yes. To others, no. I wanted to see what you all thought of the situation and then someone again accuses me of doing a drive-by.

We were already discussing the situation when you chimed in. Why didn't you just state what you told me earlier instead of doing a rhetorical question then?

*Splinter

If OA is scum, then its also possible I'll die, so here are my thoughts:

All of this assumes OA is scum, since if he's not I'll be alive tomorrow.

Seath is scum, but lynching him is purely a stalling tactic. Consider it in the same way that you would consider a no lynch on mylo.

I trust GP and Zeke enough. Zeke is still possible to be scum but he'd be my 4th choice to lynch and we'd lose before we get that far.

Swamped/Kyan/Dragonz, I still believe there are 2 scum in here, pretty much by process of elimination.

Swamped voted OA early. Call it a gut read, but it looked like a bus to me. She even mentioned how "the votes will be telling" at the time. She wants us to look at the vote because it makes her look townie as fuck. Just my suspicion, with my record from this game I won't blame you for ignoring it.

Dragonz seemed to be looking for an excuse to vote Seath, I don't find her final posts very convincing.

Kyan is probably my pick for the townie in this group.

There is so little to separate these three reads though. I want to see lots of in-fighting in this group tomorrow please. For the one of you thats town you'd be helping us win. For the two of you that are scum its your best way to look townie, which is kind of your job, k? This is your very own thunderdome. Three will enter, one will leave.

Good luck

Of the votes that are most suspicious right now, I'd say Kyan and GP are the biggest two, although taking a look at Dragonz's vote might be a good idea too.

Zipped, could you answer this before the day ends, please?

It was relevant only if he mentioned anything but that word.

How many votes are left?

I thought there were four? 2+3 = 5...

Or are we saying we lynch. I hate no lynch days.

If I survive another night I'll have a theory on the fourth scum member and Seath.

If I die? I say go after my list+Seath.

Sophia

It was relevant only if he mentioned anything but that word.

How many votes are left?

I thought there were four? 2+3 = 5...

Or are we saying we lynch. I hate no lynch days.

If I survive another night I'll have a theory on the fourth scum member and Seath.

If I die? I say go after my list+Seath.

Thanks. Wanted to make sure you said that before the day ends, in case you die.

There's currently five votes on OA, two on Seath, and two on Splinter. Nine out of 12 votes total I believe.

*Splinter

Blarg I'm confirmed as NOT Komena after Zipped checked me on nights 2 and 3.

The Targets things could have redirected him night 3, but night 2 it was on Gorlak

Kyanrute

We were already discussing the situation when you chimed in. Why didn't you just state what you told me earlier instead of doing a rhetorical question then?

Because I wanted to bring up the situation we were in. That was in my mind so I wanted to talk about that. The situation seemed rather important to me and it was something that had not been brought up yet.

Sophia

Because I wanted to bring up the situation we were in. That was in my mind so I wanted to talk about that. The situation seemed rather important to me and it was something that had not been brought up yet.

#1838 "If Seath is a god and we can't lynch him today, who do we lynch tomorrow?"

#1840 "What are we at now, 2 Splinter, 4 OA, 1 Seath?"

#1846 Dragonz votes Seath

#1847 your post.

Not brought up? The hell are you talking about? You literally chimed mere minutes after all these posts...

Kyanrute

#1838 "If Seath is a god and we can't lynch him today, who do we lynch tomorrow?"

#1840 "What are we at now, 2 Splinter, 4 OA, 1 Seath?"

#1846 Dragonz votes Seath

#1847 your post.

Not brought up? The hell are you talking about? You literally chimed mere minutes after all these posts...

YAAAAAAAAWN. The numbers, do you know them. When dragonz voted, no additional candidate could obtain majority. THAT was the hell I was talking about.

Seven votes cast, x has 4, five votes remain. New candidates are possible.
Eight votes cast, x has 4, four votes remain. New candidates are not possible.

Happy?

Sophia

YAAAAAAAAWN. The numbers, do you know them. When dragonz voted, no additional candidate could obtain majority. THAT was the hell I was talking about.

Seven votes cast, x has 4, five votes remain. New candidates are possible.
Eight votes cast, x has 4, four votes remain. New candidates are not possible.

Happy?

No, I'm not. It was literally the focus of the discussion. Which goes back to my original point that all you did was state the obvious and ask a rhetorical question while avoiding adding any actual discussion in.

Kyanrute

No, I'm not. It was literally the focus of the discussion. Which goes back to my original point that all you did was state the obvious and ask a rhetorical question while avoiding adding any actual discussion in.

I see no discussion about the numbers. I am not a fucking mind-reader.

So that's how death felt like. Painful. Scorching. Thought-numbing. Maybe not all death felt like this. Those who were found dead in the morning glided to the other side in their sleep not even knowing they were dead until their soul awoke. Those two who were drowned surely didn't feel the burning lick of the flames that caused OceanicAir's skin to transform into an ugly mess of bubbles. Those who were eaten by the all-knowing spider maybe even learned everything there was to learn or ever will be to learn about the world and all the other worlds there were or were not instead of unimaginable pain filling the entirety of their mind. Those lucky few.

Burning in the holy flames of the eternal fire in Komena's temple wasn't a particular fast death either. OceanicAir's screams full of pain so intense their listeners couldn't fully grasp it, his vaporizing tears and sweat, witnesses of a heat noone ever should have to endure and the almost mockingly joyful crackle of the fire as it slowly but steadily consumed him were heard for almost 20 minutes before at first the screams, then the hiss of vaporizing liquid and finally the unusual loud sounds of the fire slowly silenced, faded away, abandoned this world, maybe following the soul that just got released into the afterworld. Or just gone forever. Who could say for sure?

OceanicAir has been lynched
Welcome!

28.jpg

The others always look down on you for not having some shiny special ability. But you have the power! You can vote! Did you ever think about how awesome that is? The simple people (like you) can influence what happens on the great scale! How can they still laugh at you? You kind of invented Democracy after all, right?

You are an Ordinary Villager.

You are aligned with the Followers of Komena (That's Town).

You win when all Followers of Peripseros are dead.

The game thread is here:

If you have any questions, please send a PM to YesNOnoNOYes or Royal_Flush.

Please post in the thread or reply to this message a confirmation that you received it.

Have fun!

Day 5 begins in

CHAPTER V

"Oh Peripseros, Bringer of Decay, Patron of Despair and Embodiment of the All Swallowing Sea, hear our prayers! Hear our chants! Enlighten us with your presence!" The words' echoed from the smooth surface of the cave's walls, desperately searching their way to the surface but finding only bleak stone which violently pushed them back into the large room, damning them to another one or two reflections before they finally vanished. But while the words, muddled and blurred by their own echo, still had some structure, the sounds that were to follow as the figures in the cave started moving their bodies in old dances and now producing more undefinable sounds than words just swelled into one loud muttering noise.

The hard shadows of their sometimes silk-like sometimes jerking bodies cast by the four torches lit in the middle of the room danced around the caves, creating absurd and at first glance seemingly impossible patterns on the walls, always moving, always changing, never stopping. After almost 10 minutes of relentless dancing and trance-inducing chanting they gathered again around the middle of the cave where a human, still alive but barely breathing, had its arms bound around a wooden pole, its eyes wide open in an expression of pure terror.

Today's dictates are Foresight and Indecisiveness.

During the first half of this day phase, or until majority is reached (whichever comes first), players may send me a PM with the command "Bet: <Player>". All players that correctly bet on the lynched player will receive a secret reward (The rewards vary depending on your alignment)

At the beginning of this day phase votes equal to the number of players alive will be cast at random. The majority this day phase is increased by the highest number of votes on a single person.

The day begins in
blu_1460926800.png

Top Bottom