• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT| As in "Go Outside"

big_z

If you download the app on iOS before it's out in your country are you always stuck with that version or can you update the app to your country without losing anything?

Eg US -> CAN

3phemeral

I just bought this external charger:
41tw2l5N6XL._SL1000_.jpg

And this Kevlar USB cable:

Cable is a little long, but it's Kevlar and durable. The charger, though, is amazing. Really compact, same capacity as my physically larger batteries, but has one Qualcomm cert quick charge port for my S6. The secondary port I can use for my other backup phone that doesn't have a larger battery capacity (moto x 1st gen).

Babby vs Pokemans pt.17

Incredibly cute. At the Pokemon event in Downtown last night, I saw two fathers dressed in full-body Pokemon costumes playing the game with their kids.

MisterHero

People on reddit reporting that the Eevee name trick just got removed. No idea how credible that is, but there you go.
Lol if Pokemon Company removed it for referencing the anime

My Jolteon is named Romulus anyways.

Persisting bug: pokemon catch location doesn't work

Biske

Sometimes when a Pokemon appears on the map, I cant catch it at all .. no matter how many times I press on it. Is there something I am doing wrong or is this a bug?

Get used to things not working quite right. You'll be restarting this app a lot, A LOT when something doesnt load right or freezes etc.

Fun as hell experience but yeah...

Any UK'ers playing this? Trying to get it working on sons iPad and it just keeps saying it can't retrieve user data . Are the servers really that messed up?

AdanVC

The launch of this app in general has been an absolute mess I'm surprised the game still managed to be #1 on everything and is now a phenomenom. No advertisement at all, it was released without previous announcement in only three or so countries, no actual explanation of how the app works, just general things very briefly, everything has got to be figured out and that is annoying, etc. etc. etc.

Dat Nintendo influence.

When the servers was back on I took the opportunity to evovle my Eevee (which I named Pyro) and it worked. Lol not sure if pure luck but before that I got two Jolteon.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Any UK'ers playing this? Trying to get it working on sons iPad and it just keeps saying it can't retrieve user data . Are the servers really that messed up?

Game is an absolute mess right now. Severs all over the place. Might have to wait a day or two. The first three days of launch were not pretty either and there was a big roll-out yesterday.

Kade

Game runs flawlessly when I'm on wifi but as soon as I leave home and use my data the game doesn't update at all. When I restart it, the bar stops at around 25% and stays there until a Retry prompt appears. I go back into wifi range and bam, everything starts working fine. :/

I might wait until the servers become more stable but this really puts a wrench in my plans today.

Fox Mulder

Of course that on the one day that I'm off work and running errands the game won't even open. Ffs.

The weekend in general is the worst time to have these issues. People off work and even gatherings planned.

They should have placed server load above everything else regardless of planned updates or country rollouts.

Sorry if the game isnt out where someone lives, but it struggles to keep up for places it has released.

Chaos17

Browsing #pokemongo hastag on twitter has it risk, so aften nude photos that I hope there isn't a limit of how many people I can block >.>

Iceman829

I saw the servers were up so I walked to the park in search of a bulbasaur on my radar. Server crashes at the park. I continued walking to the pokestops that were lured. My game comes back on and squirtle replaced bulbasaur. I set off in search of him and servers died again. What a waste of a walk. I had about .5 km left on an egg and couldn't hatch it

Busaiku

No idea. Every Pokemon is accounted for in some continent at this point except Ditto, the Legendary Birds, and Mew/Mewtwo. Apparently there is a PokeStop in Antarctica because there's an Ingress Portal there, and there are definitely ones in Africa, but I guess Niantic just decided there wouldn't be enough players (certainly true of Antarctica) to justify exclusives? South America is also unaccounted for, unless it also gets Tauros.
Tauros exists in the US.

Top Bottom