• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mini Mafia I |OT| Why is it so small?

*Splinter

Hiya Sorian o/

I've thought about Stan. Nothing worrying from his posts that I've seen though.
Fire I've said why I town read.

Sophia had quite a lot of friction with Hyper in D1 (early on, not long after she joined). What do you think of that?
I guess you mean Sky instead of Hyper?

There was a little friction, I guess I'd be suggesting she bussed both her teammates on D1. Not impossible but it makes me less confident. Now I think about it I remember thinking that only one of Sophia/Sky were scum near the end of D1. I'll see if I can find what made me think.

Sophia

I may be misreading this but isn't this the opposite of what melon was just saying a bit ago about stan?

I thought Stan and I were giving her the willies. But this seems to be saying different. Am I misremembering?

If you don't get the chance due to work today melon I'd appreciate circling back to this tomorrow.

Did a quick search of interactions between Melon, You and Stan. This is what she said a page or two back.

On mobile. Beware typos.

((No worries. None of it is taken personal))

My unpopular reading of things are as follows: I'm still sticking with my vote for Ty, his response to me struck me as off. I also noticed going back through his responses to me throughout the game he always referenced how "my scum team did this" or "we would be scummy in this way." Tell us more about your scum team, Ty.

Kawl aND Stan also interest me.

I have a middle ground read on Sky, he could flip either way. D1 he seemed more town, now D2 seems more scum.

Honorable mention -

*Splinter is also on my list but he's always and forever my list.

My thoughts on Kawl.

I was almost positive he was the cop on D1 and put forth such an amazing strategy day for hia own protection. If he was targeted and NK'd his posts would be the first people probably read in hindsight becausse he stands out because he push for the idea. Obviously, that isn't what happened given we know LP.

So my thoughts turn and I consider why would Kawl all this work?

(I haven't done a throughout analysis as of yet) he is definitely wanting to appear as the townest town and I think the strategy is a bit far out there for scum.

I believe Kawl to be neutral.

I hate talking about Stan when he is in bed. His posts on D1 suggestioned an awareneess that seemed a little more than he should have just starting out. Prehaps from the advantage of usually posting last (because of his timezone) he is able to get a good lead on the room and before comment. Or he has some pre existing knowledge from his PR. I don't think he is Vanilla.

Your memory is correct. She had some stuff to say about Stan before, although not reading him as scum. And now she's getting good vibes from him. These statements don't seem entirely contradictory, but they are a curious jump in logic.

cabot

I laugh at you for bringing that up sorian.

That's all. I doubt I'll have time to read your post before deadline. I need to bleed the radiators

Sorian

Banned
My thoughts on Kawl.

I was almost positive he was the cop on D1 and put forth such an amazing strategy day for hia own protection. If he was targeted and NK'd his posts would be the first people probably read in hindsight becausse he stands out because he push for the idea. Obviously, that isn't what happened given we know LP.

So my thoughts turn and I consider why would Kawl all this work?

(I haven't done a throughout analysis as of yet) he is definitely wanting to appear as the townest town and I think the strategy is a bit far out there for scum.

I believe Kawl to be neutral.

Narrative building as well, reading Kawl posts feels like reading mafia universe posts (had to go back and re-read when I saw the use of the phrase "iso"), I believe completely that he would have offered up the peek strategy regardless of role because this is one of the first times Gafia has played a game where there may or may not be a cop in a semi-open setting.

That's not even the real narrative build either, where the hell did a SK accusation come from all of a sudden? Did you try to kill Kawl and fail?

-------

Also, just got to Sophia posting this morning, she seems her analytical self, slightly townie.

Sophia

This was an odd reaction to have first thing. Sure, it's great from scum perspective because they got an investigative role N1 but as it was for pretty much everyone else at the start of the day L_P was a surprising kill. Assuming L_P played the same way he always does, I'm inclined to agree, even going for a meh no info kill, L_P ends up being very forgettable, he must have done something D1 to draw a kill.

Hmm, I'm not so sure it's quite an odd reaction given it seems like just didn't express his surprise at a night kill.

I feel the same as Splinter on this really, Cabot has given me little reason to distrust him right now. That could change if SkyOdin flips town tho.

Sorian

Banned
Yeah I'm pretty grate

Did you have any more reasons for your vote, or was it just the comment you highlighted? I've been mostly trusting Cabot with only minor things against him.

Mostly that initial day comment and then what I said about the rest of his posts that I read. That could entirely be a shit vote based on day 1 but just taking day 2 in a bubble but reading him and melon so far, it just seems like throwing things out there and seeing what sticks, I have 45 minutes, figured I'd add my hat on a new player and see what happens.

Sophia

That's not even the real narrative build either, where the hell did a SK accusation come from all of a sudden? Did you try to kill Kawl and fail?

I believe Kawl was the first one to bring up the fact that he might be an SK in one of his earlier posts, even if he's not scum. Of course, as I noted earlier, I can't fathom why SK-Kawl would suggest that so...

*Splinter

No, Hyper.

Looking back it happened later than I realized at first. Well after Kawl's post.

The back and forth started around this post:
hTtp://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?p=211472868#post211472868
Already covered, you'll have to click through to see the posts I was quoting:

Sophia:
Your argument against Hyper was off the back of Kawl's case, which could easily have been you positioning yourself in case you needed to bus.

At first you said:

Not unreasonable, but you wanted to be visible on this issue before you even had anything to say about. This could also be:

You didn't actually cast your vote until after SkyOdin criticized you for not voting. Declaring suspicion without placing a vote is a pretty common scumtell, so you would need to correct this after having it pointed out:

Your next post:

Fairly poor excuse for not voting all day.

In that same post you start to set up a narrative of me defending Hyper. Now I admit my posts could have been interpreted this way, but if you knew Hyper would flip scum then it was a good way to try and link a townie to him.

(As a slight aside, my "justification for not doing the work" was that I was "busy". We don't lie about real life and we don't question it, that's the deal, so I'm not sure what part of that you were "sceptical" about.)

You also leave a window open for voting LP in both this AND your next post, despite your extensive back and forth with Hyper leading up to this point.

Then Ynnny casts her vote, and you use this as a reason to unvote. Possibly testing the waters for a vote swing under the guise of "paranoia". I already mentioned yesterday that your complaint of Yn's vote didn't really make sense.

This post was immediately after your unvote.

Making an excuse, making sure you can return to a Hyper vote quickly if things don't pan out.

Things don't pan out.

If this was a bus, it certainly started strong. But the later posts were much less convincing.
Her response didn't do anything to make me feel better either.

SkyOdin

I am currently trying to decide whether or not it is better for town for me to resign to my fate with grace, or to go out kicking, screaming, and biting. The latter means that I *might* get lucky and elbow scum in the face, but I just don't read Ty4on as scum right at the moment.

Sorian

Banned
I believe Kawl was the first one to bring up the fact that he might be an SK in one of his earlier posts, even if he's not scum. Of course, as I noted earlier, I can't fathom why SK-Kawl would suggest that so...

Did he? Am I missing it? I don't see Kawl talking about himself and SK until after melon's first mention of it in the post I quoted. I clicked into a few of his posts from day one as well that have "SK" in them and he is mostly talking about general set-up it looked like.

*Splinter

I am currently trying to decide whether or not it is better for town for me to resign to my fate with grace, or to go out kicking, screaming, and biting. The latter means that I *might* get lucky and elbow scum in the face, but I just don't read Ty4on as scum right at the moment.
If you're town there's really no reason NOT to put up a fight.

I don't think you'd have a reasonable chance of surviving anyway, but this isn't really a valid concern.

Sophia

Go out kicking, screaming, and biting. If you're truly a townie and you're on the ropes, you have nothing to lose now. But if you give up, you can't win.

Did he? Am I missing it? I don't see Kawl talking about himself and SK until after melon's first mention of it in the post I quoted. I clicked into a few of his posts from day one as well that have "SK" in them and he is mostly talking about general set-up it looked like.

One second, let me find it. He made a big post on it, of which I don't remember the full details.

Kawl_USC

My first large post last night I get into how me being bullet proof serial killer is only reasonable case I see is being in a 5T set up with only one death. Obviously I know that isn't the case so I discarded it but others should be less sure.

Sophia

Here you go Sorian

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=211658955&postcount=545

Quoted the relevant bit.

So, for those of you so quick to write me off as 100% town, keep in mind we could very well have a neutral SK who's plan from the get go was to play as pro town as possible. I think it's safe to say I'm not scum, obviously I know I'm not the SK, but from yall's point of view, I'd probably wait until tonight and see if there is a 2 kill day tomorrow before giving me a complete clean bill of health. Just from a healthy dose of paranoia, ya know? (Okay, self analysis complete).

Sorian

Banned

How is this a question? Really?

------

Missed this before.

Paragraphs and paragraphs on his past scummy life and we aren't talking about it? He is doing it again people! Riding that helpful townie wave...

And how is this an issue against Ty4on? Giving insight into how someone plays scum and seeing if that matches current behavior is somehow a bad thing now? Get out of here with this.

Sorian

Banned
My first large post last night I get into how me being bullet proof serial killer is only reasonable case I see is being in a 5T set up with only one death. Obviously I know that isn't the case so I discarded it but others should be less sure.

Hmm fair, guess that's one notch off of melon then, wasn't a completely out of left field accusation though I can't fathom why the "towny-town" SK would bring up their plan so meh.

Ty4on

This was an odd reaction to have first thing. Sure, it's great from scum perspective because they got an investigative role N1 but as it was for pretty much everyone else at the start of the day L_P was a surprising kill. Assuming L_P played the same way he always does, I'm inclined to agree, even going for a meh no info kill, L_P ends up being very forgettable, he must have done something D1 to draw a kill.
Time for another scummy comment of scum life, but I struggled to talk about the NK. It was so hard to put myself in those shoes and speculate about it. I was very bad at lying though.

I don't really have anything on cabot, but I've noticed he's in my blindspot. Most of my reads have ended up in "Well, he made a good vote" and settling.

Bad idea to make anything of Sorian, but I got a good vibe from his post. The Fireblend part especially and the general jokey tone. My impression from MU Sorian was that he was kind of cold.

Sophia

Hmm fair, guess that's one notch off of melon then, wasn't a completely out of left field accusation though I can't fathom why the "towny-town" SK would bring up their plan so meh.

Yeah, that was my thought basically. Kawl had a very strong argument against Hyper, only one body showed up dead on Day 2, and (as I said) there isn't much logic for a SK-Kawl to even bring it up. People would suspect him the moment Drowning Pool starts playing and the bodies hit the floor. Or when the game isn't over after three scum die.

Sorian

Banned
And how is this an issue against Ty4on? Giving insight into how someone plays scum and seeing if that matches current behavior is somehow a bad thing now? Get out of here with this.

Piggybacking on this as a I read more, the fact that Ty4on isn't changing behavior at all tells me he gives no shits about this accusation so either he is town with nothing to lose or he isn't worried about melon getting the lynch.

Ty4on

Already covered, you'll have to click through to see the posts I was quoting:

Her response didn't do anything to make me feel better either.
Those are not the same posts. I'm taking about Sophia and Hyper discussing who brought up the "everybody has to peek" bit and general friction with Sophia calling his posts a bunch of nothing.

*Splinter

We're only 30 minutes from deadline, let's see some votes people.

Currently 4 Sky, 3 Ty4on, and a couple of sleeper votes on Sorian.

Piggybacking on this as a I read more, the fact that Ty4on isn't changing behavior at all tells me he gives no shits about this accusation so either he is town with nothing to lose or he isn't worried about melon getting the lynch.
With the amount of suspicion on melon it could be either, in fairness.

Ty4on

Melon has one vote and only Sky really going after her...

I... I don't think she's getting lynched :p

SkyOdin

If you're town there's really no reason NOT to put up a fight.

I don't think you'd have a reasonable chance of surviving anyway, but this isn't really a valid concern.

Go out kicking, screaming, and biting. If you're truly a townie and you're on the ropes, you have nothing to lose now. But if you give up, you can't win.

How is this a question? Really?

Well, in that case:
Vote: Ty4on
Nothing personal, but I can't rule out the possibility that you are scum. At the very least, a tie gives better chances of killing scum than just giving in and surrendering, even if the odds are still statistically low in an absolute sense.

*Splinter

Those are not the same posts. I'm taking about Sophia and Hyper discussing who brought up the "everybody has to peek" bit and general friction with Sophia calling his posts a bunch of nothing.
They might not be posts I quoted but they are exactly the posts I was talking about: Sophia's friction with Hyper following Kawl's long case on him.

Sorian

Banned
So what is this now? 4-4 Sky and Ty4on? So we aren't extremely surprised here, I'm voting Sky if we come down to that, I'm not seeing scum Ty4on here. Sky is more likely if not my first choice. My first is fluctuating between cabot and melon. I'll change to this though for now.

VOTE: melonrabbit

The penalty for being wrong is a lost less with melon than it is with cabot considering that cabot seems to get his content in well enough.

Ty4on

When I say melon getting the lynch, I mean her garnering votes to get you lynched.
Oh, right, sorry.

Her case doesn't have a lot of merit to me. Feels like just "Ty is too nice, must be scum".
I also felt like I was a crappy scum in DP. Just got lucky with a town over suspicious of those standing out and the investigation.

SkyOdin

It feels like most have gotten over their suspicion, but I might be over-indexing the reads from me and Kawl.

Have people? I still have my suspicions about melonrabbit, at least. I think you need to justify that claim more. Saying that suspicions have eased can be a way to just reduce suspicion on someone artificially.

batsnacks

DAY 2 VOTES:

skyodin (4)
cabot 468
sophia 512
kawl_usc 553 (704)
*splinter 617
ty4on 727

Sorian (2)
yesnononoyes 528
skyodin 566 (735)
stanleypalmtree 611

ty4on (4)
melonrabbit 565
fireblend 702
kawl_usc 704
skyodin 780

sophia (0)
fireblend 567 (702)
ty4on 610 (703)

melonrabbit (1)
skyodin 735 (780)
sorian 784

cabot (0)
sorian 750 (784)

DAY 2 WILL END:
red_1469739600.png

IMPORTANT POSTS:
OP
D1 Start
D1 Final Vote Count / Flip
D2 Start

Ty4on

Have people? I still have my suspicions about melonrabbit, at least. I think you need to justify that claim more. Saying that suspicions have eased can be a way to just reduce suspicion on someone artificially.
I'm pretty sure Kawl mentioned her being too bold for scum with her neutral theory.

Ty4on

So what is this now? 4-4 Sky and Ty4on? So we aren't extremely surprised here, I'm voting Sky if we come down to that, I'm not seeing scum Ty4on here. Sky is more likely if not my first choice. My first is fluctuating between cabot and melon. I'll change to this though for now.

VOTE: melonrabbit

The penalty for being wrong is a lost less with melon than it is with cabot considering that cabot seems to get his content in well enough.
What's keeping you from voting Sky?

Fireblend

Banned
Me too, but in the event of a tie the lynch is randomized between the tied players, no? Both Sky and Ty seem scummy to me so I'm confortable with the situation for now.

Kawl_USC

I believe both to simply be asleep and not maliciously avoiding the vote decision by the way. Although since Sorian has stated he will break sky it's unofficially 5-4 sky.

Ty4on

They might not be posts I quoted but they are exactly the posts I was talking about: Sophia's friction with Hyper following Kawl's long case on him.
I didn't catch that.

I'm interested in the friction. They seemed to dislike each other's posts.

Sorian

Banned
What's keeping you from voting Sky?

Time and seeing who, if anyone, was willing to sway if I offered a fresh perspective.

We can make it officially 5-4 now though since GAF just went down for me for a few minutes and I don't want to accidentally be locked out of voting.

VOTE: SkyOdin

Top Bottom