• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mini Mafia I |OT| Why is it so small?

I'll do Fireblend next, i think. He's been in my blind spot.... but imma go do some chores and lunch first. It's Saturday. What are you people doing to my life :<

Sorian

Banned
Lynch me today and YNNY tomorrow after I flip town. Instead of being idle and not accomplishing anything we need to focus on the long-term and better protect the town from scum further causing us to turn on each other. We got really lucky D1 and got hyper and I think they felt the pressure and are now laying the ground to steamroll us.

So what do we know?

There are likely 3 scums. Exact roles undetermined but we at least have some clues about who they are/were --

- Hyper was scum (and needs to stick to the dead thread)
- YNNY is scum or worse
- And now we have to look and determine whom the remaining scum is.

I believe Ty4on’s actions during the last two days have given enough evidence of suspicion. If you want to actually listen to specific again I’ll advise you to my previous posts.

Rereading the thread and giving special attention to how D2 closed. Sorian is there other person that stands out to me. Apparently this town has a short memory given how suspiciously Terra acted and now you’re not even questioning Sorian’s behavior and accept him as town when he basically took control of how the vote when down yesterday and made sure you lynched Sky.

If you recalled we had a 4-3 for Sky, Ty. The two votes for Terra were all but locked in because both Stan and YNNY were asleep.

Sorian swoops in to chats with Ty about how unlikely he was getting lynched:

and then Sorian puts a vote on me (a safe questionable target):

Making sure to mention he’d switch to Sky last minute.

When it became 50/50 between Ty and Sky he was able to seamlessly move his vote over to Sky without anyone seeing that he was helping out his scummate:

We got played.

VOTE: Sorian

I was pidgeon holed into Sky or Ty4on yesterday. I would have just rather stuck on you and flipped votes like I usually do but I was too much of a newcomer to have that much sway in the last hour of the day, I'm not ridiculous about my skill. We can pretend I suddenly swooped in to place my vote when it was tied 4-4 but that wasn't the case, it was 4-4 for awhile and I made it clear that if I was forced into one of those two for my vote to matter then Sky was the likelier scum. I made my bed, I look forward to being hassled if Ty4on is actually scum but as long as YNNNY is telling the truth then it doesn't matter because Ty4on dies before I do in optimal play and with you being scum, me being wrong about him is the end of the game anyway.

Also, I know you don't know me well enough but there isn't a world where I protect a scum buddy like that since that is all short term gain and long term failure. I would have nailed scum buddy Ty4on's coffin shut myself.

*Splinter

Ouch at cabot's post in-between tho:

Like he wants to lynch him.
Lol no

Cabot had been saying all day that Kawl shouldn't be lynched due to activity. That post you've quoted clearly means
"Sure you have a light scum read on Kawl, but would you really lynch him today? Really?"

That was a weird interpretation of cabot's post, I struggle to believe it was accidental.

Kawl_USC

If melon turns up scum just completely disregard anything she says today.

At softball right now should but some time in later this evening though. Probably establish my train of thought as fair as Poe goes.

Sorian

Banned
And? And?

You controlled the vote to save Ty.

You lost hyper and had to save you all from dying out.

Ok, if Ty is scum, feel free to lynch me. Hell, lynch me first if you're into that and if I'm scum, hit Ty next. This doesn't change that there is one scum between you and YNNNY and with only 3 members max, this argument makes no sense.

Sorian

Banned
If melon turns up scum just completely disregard anything she says today.

At softball right now should but some time in later this evening though. Probably establish my train of thought as fair as Poe goes.

((Kawl has gone full on mafia universe, my favorite parts of gafia are fading))

D:

Kawl_USC

Ynny how about you exactly help the town out and look at Ty and Sorian?

If you genuinely think yn is scum you don't ask her to do anything. Come one now. Reads and isos from scum over foster WIFOM which is why anything you say today will mostly be ignored unless you flip town tomorrow.

Ok, if Ty is scum, feel free to lynch me. Hell, lynch me first if you're into that and if I'm scum, hit Ty next. This doesn't change that there is one scum between you and YNNNY and with only 3 members max, this argument makes no sense.

Yes. But there are four roles capable of NKing and four roles that want town dead.

3 of you are scum.

Kawl_USC

((Kawl has gone full on mafia universe, my favorite parts of gafia are fading))

D:

The mafia universe style of play is by far my preferred way to play, that's just my analytical personality coming through.

The personalities are far better here, but I won't lie and say I that I don't mostly prefer their approach.

But I'm still a small small minority so no worries love.

Kawl_USC

Yes. But there are four roles capable of NKing and four roles that want town dead.

3 of you are scum.

You say you worry about town tearing itself apart and her you keep fixating on this imaginary serial killer who has not killed 2 nights in a row.

Melon please.

Ty4on

Lol no

Cabot had been saying all day that Kawl shouldn't be lynched due to activity. That post you've quoted clearly means
"Sure you have a light scum read on Kawl, but would you really lynch him today? Really?"

That was a weird interpretation of cabot's post, I struggle to believe it was accidental.
The tone of your interpretation and his post are worlds apart though. There's not a hint of sarcasm and he adds the "Sure, Kawl has said a few things which bug me" to show he's not disagreeing completely.

Do you have any example posts of why you town read cabot (if you do)? Your D1 town read of him seemed to just be "He agrees with me", but maybe I'm missing something.

I feel like his post justifying his vote on Hyper by Sky's vote is important. Both ways.

If you genuinely think yn is scum you don't ask her to do anything. Come one now. Reads and isos from scum over foster WIFOM which is why anything you say today will mostly be ignored unless you flip town tomorrow.

So you basically want me to stop playing?

OK.

I'm sure that benefits everyone.

Ty4on

What about spewing?

Kawl_USC

So you basically want me to stop playing?

OK.

I'm sure that benefits everyone.

Nah but I'm just explaining that your fractious tone probably won't get you much of any where.

Feel free to post all the reads you want for your "town" flip tomorrow but you don't exactly get to dictate the tone and topics here.

Kawl_USC

What about spewing?
There's a large difference in scum who think they are still under cover or not found, and essentially outed scum.

Whichever of yn and melon are scum I'm going to ignore any post of theirs from yns cop claim today.

Sorian

Banned

3 of you are scum.

As Kawl already said, this SK that doesn't exist. There is a slight chance they've been holding their kills for two nights I guess but I'm not buying that at all. So sure, if you or YNNNY are a SK then Ty and I being partners makes sense.

What about spewing?

In all the MU games I played, spew was all WIFOM non-sense. You can put whatever spin you want on what scum says and someone will be right but it's a weak argument. Spew screwed them up for 3 or 4 out of those 5 mislynches in my champ game.

Ty4on

In all the MU games I played, spew was all WIFOM non-sense. You can put whatever spin you want on what scum says and someone will be right but it's a weak argument. Spew screwed them up for 3 or 4 out of those 5 mislynches in my champ game.
I don't think they had any spew that they thought made you town. I remember Panther's read where he didn't find any link between you and your scummates and explained it as them not wanting to scum read someone so townie.

Kawl_USC

I don't think they had any spew that they thought made you town. I remember Panther's read where he didn't find any link between you and your scummates and explained it as them not wanting to scum read someone so townie.

Can we start deciding who is who here?

I nominate Cabot beck.

I'm confused what you want, Kawl.

You want to post my reads on things but you are going to ignore them.

You accuse me of being hostile and dictating then tone of the thread but I happen to believe there's a SK.

And wanted to talk about. And ynny and ty and sorian.

I get your going to lynch me tomorrow over some dumb "cop claim is always treated as right." Which personal I think is bunk because it basically a freebie for the scum team or sk in this case.

Which you yourself believed there to be one yesterday.

There are plenty of reasons why the SK hasn't been able to kill anyone.

Maybe I am wasting my time. But I've got 18 hours and I'm to keep trying.

Kawl_USC

I'm confused what you want, Kawl.

You want to post my reads on things but you are going to ignore them.

You accuse me of being hostile and dictating then tone of the thread but I happen to believe there's a SK.

And wanted to talk about. And ynny and ty and sorian.

I get your going to lynch me tomorrow over some dumb "cop claim is always treated as right." Which personal I think is bunk because it basically a freebie for the scum team or sk in this case.

Which you yourself believed there to be one yesterday.

There are plenty of reasons why the SK hasn't been able to kill anyone.

Maybe I am wasting my time. But I've got 18 hours and I'm to keep trying.

Yea basically. You can post as much as you want and as town you should. But I'm not going to waste energy engaging with it when I can instead look at people who aren't most likely scum.

The Maths check out here. Going the cops claimed scum always makes sense especially when you have a healthy amount of protection from lylo. It just is what it is.

Actually I mainly just brought it up as a funny what if. There aren't "plenty" of explanations either. A very narrow amount really.

Sorian

Banned

I meant more the inverse, a few of those mislynches were only chosen because of their interactions (or lack thereof) with the rest of my teammates. In hindsight, yes, the tell there was that they failed to interact with me at all but that could have been handled in any way which is why I don't really like spew. A few more bussy teammates and the tell would have been that they hyperfocused me instead of ignored me.

I nominate Cabot beck.

I would say I'm Sorian but Sorian was kind of a dick in that game, can I be Panther?

Ty4on

I nominate Cabot beck.
I feel like Beck.

I wanna make you Panther :p

-----------------------

Splinter's change if heart regarding melon from D1 to D2. An I crazy in finding that a bit townie? He had a reason to keep town reading her, but switched despite stubbornly town reading her on D1.

Ty4on

I meant more the inverse, a few of those mislynches were only chosen because of their interactions (or lack thereof) with the rest of my teammates. In hindsight, yes, the tell there was that they failed to interact with me at all but that could have been handled in any way which is why I don't really like spew. A few more bussy teammates and the tell would have been that they hyperfocused me instead of ignored me.
I've always felt like scum struggle to communicate naturally with themselves.

You can be faZ after that entrance.

Kawl_USC

I feel like Beck.

I wanna make you Panther :p

-----------------------

Splinter's change if heart regarding melon from D1 to D2. An I crazy in finding that a bit townie? He had a reason to keep town reading her, but switched despite stubbornly town reading her on D1.

Didn't panther make it to the champ game?? If so I accept.

Sorian is totally Jaime lannister though.

Sorian

Banned
I've always felt like scum struggle to communicate naturally with themselves.

You can be faZ after that entrance.

Ty4on and I are masons.

Isn't that right Ty4on? Figured you all should know now.

Didn't panther make it to the champ game?? If so I accept.

Sorian is totally Jaime lannister though.

Panther made it to the wild card game, I assume you know this though and are just trying to rile me up. Well it won't work I say!

Sorian

Banned
Splinter, is he town?

I don't know, maybe? He's my long shot if cabot doesn't pan out. We can pretend a lot of good will come from this day and I'd like to keep talking but this is why I'm in favor of turbos in this situation, meaningful conversation is dead without a melon scum flip today or a YNNNY scum flip tomorrow.

*mason chat is only open at night* ^_^

Shhhh.

Oh, I see.

We’re just done playing for the day.

When you have just mislynched me and lose someone to a scum NK and the SK stops holding back this town is going to be headed for an unwinnable state.

Fireblend

Banned
I just had some delicious dim sum. Thanks guys for not being so active that I'd feel guilty about not keeping up with the thread.

Anyway, on the future: If melon flips scum, my head tells me we should lynch Ty next, but my heart wishes it had an override so it could use it on Sorian to discount the possibility of him being scum :p

Just so some progress gets done today. Let’s try and figure out who the SK is.
There’s 9 of us. I know it is not me.

Our remaining 8:

1. Kawl_USC [m]
2. cabot [m]
3. Sorian [m]
4. Ty4on [m]
5. Fireblend [m]
6. *Splinter [m]
7. YesNOnoNOYes [f]
8. StanleyPalmtree [m]

Ty and Sorian are scum mates. Stan is town so we pass on him and Kawl being 1911 doesn’t means he’s you know actually 1911.

Leaving us with:
Cabot, Fireblend, *Splinter, and YesNOnoNOYes.

One of these is SK. Now I don’t have a definite read on Cabot but I believe him to be town. Fireblend seems suspicious in his actions and I have labeled him as scummish, he actions especially with voting have been questionable.

I’ve laid down the case for YNNY already. Miss Cop is liar and even if you disregard everything else I say believe me on that.

*Splinter is on this list because he’s him. That’s enough.

Sorian

Banned
I just had some delicious dim sum. Thanks guys for not being so active that I'd feel guilty about not keeping up with the thread.

Anyway, on the future: If melon flips scum, my head tells me we should lynch Ty next, but my heart wishes it had an override so it could use it on Sorian to discount the possibility of him being scum :p

You lost your override allotments, they kept going unused.

Just so some progress gets done today. Let’s try and figure out who the SK is.
There’s 9 of us. I know it is not me.

Our remaining 8:

1. Kawl_USC [m]
2. cabot [m]
3. Sorian [m]
4. Ty4on [m]
5. Fireblend [m]
6. *Splinter [m]
7. YesNOnoNOYes [f]
8. StanleyPalmtree [m]

Ty and Sorian are scum mates. Stan is town so we pass on him and Kawl being 1911 doesn’t means he’s you know actually 1911.

Leaving us with:
Cabot, Fireblend, *Splinter, and YesNOnoNOYes.

One of these is SK. Now I don’t have a definite read on Cabot but I believe him to be town. Fireblend seems suspicious in his actions and I have labeled him as scummish, he actions especially with voting have been questionable.

I’ve laid down the case for YNNY already. Miss Cop is liar and even if you disregard everything else I say believe me on that.

*Splinter is on this list because he’s him. That’s enough.

I was going to pick at this post but I don't even know. Wouldn't it make more sense for YNNNY to be a part of a team as opposed to being a single enemy? If this were a gambit, she just put a timer on her life and I don't see a SK doing. But ok, even ignoring that logical jump, you spray out a list and didn't actually point to anybody, just said there's bad stuff in here.

Speaking of, why is Stan definite town now? He seems to have gone from "scummish" to "feels good" to "must be town"

Guess I ended up picking at it anyway, there's holes everywhere.

you didnt use it when you had an override, princess jasmine ;__;

back from lunch o7 will do my ISO on febe now~ wheeeee~

and yesh, i agree with kawuru, depending on flip, ignore proven scummie's narrative is a good way to handle things going forward :>

preISO disclaimer: stanley had minimal posts so i was able to do the quote style analysis but for any players with a lot of posts, i will just do the hyperlink style analysis to reduce the length and size of post o7

Speaking of, why is Stan definite town now? He seems to have gone from "scummish" to "feels good" to "must be town"

Guess I ended up picking at it anyway, there's holes everywhere.

YNNY makes the most sense as SK. I don't know why you'd say she would be part of a team.

I never said Stan was scum only that I was interested in him and Kawl. I had a feeling yesterday and know for sure today.

Top Bottom