• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda Mafia |OT| A Lynch to the Past

Bronx-Man

Banned
Three NKs???

raw

cabot

Alright, with CCS being confirmed Town, I plan to look back on melon with that in mind and do a complete re-read, but for now:

1. [f] Sophia
17. [m] Nin1000
20. [m] MagnumBoy20xx

These three didn't vote.

Sophia was around at day end, didn't have a strong target. Still annoys me though because inherently not voting is cautious and makes reading her more difficult since there are no hard stances. Problem is she's done this in other games and it wasn't ever a scumtell, it was a 'piss cabot off' tell. It's noteworthy, but I can't use it to read her alignment effectively.

Looks like it is going to be CCS in the end.
I certainly can understand why anyone would vote him out since this would clear the air about him.

I still can't decide who to vote for ( I do not want to vote out CCS )

Can anyone put down the vote count for me?
I am on mobile until the rest of the day

nin1000 v3.5 - this is my most suspicious read, especially since he spent most of D2 throwing shade at me for my unvote at the end of D1. He then doesn't vote at all, but says he doesn't want to lynch CCS. He actively could have stopped that from happening, but chose No Action instead. Why didn't you go for Stan to try and save CCS, nin?

Magnum - Sat a vote on AB, rescinded not long before day end and didn't put another one down. This isn't great, but Magnum already garnered some heat from others through the day phase, so I think not voting at all would be the wrong play as scum, you'd try to join a wagon trying to appear forthright.

So in order from most suspicious to least:

nin > magnum > Sophia

Bronx-Man

Banned
Because there was dead air surrounding CCS and I was having difficulty thinking things through regarding another potential target.
This is pretty odd considering you usually get on other people's cases for not voting.

And by other people, I mean me :)

cabot

I'd like to bring up this as well:

Heading out to dinner so I will make this quick.

At the very high risk of sounding sheepy, I am going to

Vote: melonrabbit

for reasons I have stated (and echoed) previously. The cabot tunnel and the early survey that went nowhere except distraction chief amongst them. I will try to be on mobile, but I do not know how long we will be.

I'm not really sure why this is a worry if you think you've found a scum target.

It's very odd to note.

I'd flip CCS for the anti-town shenanigans, lack of caring or attempting to contribute (even when pushed), sheeping, and other frustrating behavior. Without it we can't close the loop with acohrs. And I recognize it could just be me getting such scummy vibes from this play style.

I will put my vote down for now.

vote: CCS

However, I am willing to switch my vote to Stan, if that gains traction or if there's a tie.

This gained traction, yet your vote still held on CCS. Why didn't you switch?

nin and melon's lack of action against Stan despite one declaring he didn’t want to lynch CCS and the other saying she'd switch to Stan if he came into contention (which he did) makes me seriously begin to suspect Stan.

Sophia

One second on your question, Kyan.

This is pretty odd considering you usually get on other people's cases for not voting.

And by other people, I mean me :)

Yeah, I know, and I'm sorry. But not much I can do about it. The end of Day 2 was kind of a drag for mentally.

cabot

Trying to determine the scum kill, I'd guess MAYBE Natiko?

Only reason to kill kawl was if they suspected him to be a PR, I wasn't sure of his alignment coming into this phase after how hard he pushed CCS

Ty4on

Thinking things over, but immediately the votes on Stanley don't look good.

Of them, CCS, Czartim, and Natiko are confirmed town.

So that doesn't make me feel inspired about you and Ty4on.

lol

What's the logic behind that? We don't even know Stan's alignment.

Ty4on

Trying to determine the scum kill, I'd guess MAYBE Natiko?

Only reason to kill kawl was if they suspected him to be a PR, I wasn't sure of his alignment coming into this phase after how hard he pushed CCS

CzarTim is also a good kill. Not as high info as Natiko, but also quite town read. I feel like Kawl was killed by someone else.

Ty4on

Funfact, we now know for sure the first scum to vote for acohrs was... acohrs.

Being serious now, I actually think that can be kinda valuable. This tells us that scum probably didn't expect him to be lynched.

cabot

Right, we don't. But I'm looking at it from the standpoint of "Where would scum be if they knew CCS was town, but didn't want to be on his flip?"

Are you assuming no scum on CCS?

It was made pretty clear yesterday as to why it was a good vote to go for as you couldn't determine motive.

What about the CCS wagon on day 1? Scum vs town.

Sophia

Are you assuming no scum on CCS?

It was made pretty clear yesterday as to why it was a good vote to go for as you couldn't determine motive.

What about the CCS wagon on day 1? Scum vs town.

No I'm not assuming that. It's just there's more voters to look over there then there was on Stanley. I'm currently looking them over right now.

And yes, Day 1 CCS wagon too should be looked at too. Maybe I'll get to it after I finish the Day 2 CCS wagon.

Kyanrute

Thinking things over, but immediately the votes on Stanley don't look good.

Of them, CCS, Czartim, and Natiko are confirmed town.

So that doesn't make me feel inspired about you and Ty4on.

If I push for Ty using the bussing idea and Ty flips town, I have a good chance of dying the day after, since I'd be the only unknown with all the confirmed townies. If this is intentional, I award n #scumpoints for the scum team. It is rather clever.

After CCS's flip I am again considering the possibility that Splinter could be a bussing scum and it's not like Sophia's lack of a vote has instilled me with much additional confidence toward her.

Ty4on

Right, we don't. But I'm looking at it from the standpoint of "Where would scum be if they knew CCS was town, but didn't want to be on his flip?"

Not voting anyone and just going "uuuhh, dunno about this lynch" maybe? :p

Most scum teams will naturally spread themselves out.

cabot

No I'm not assuming that. It's just there's more voters to look over there then there was on Stanley. I'm currently looking them over right now.

And yes, Day 1 CCS wagon too should be looked at too. Maybe I'll get to it after I finish the Day 2 CCS wagon.

Day 1 CCS wagon had Melon, Stan, Bronx and Ynnek who are still alive.

Melon and Stan I scum read more than Bronx who is a scum lean, ynnek is a null

Bronx-Man

Banned
Alright, with CCS being confirmed Town, I plan to look back on melon with that in mind and do a complete re-read, but for now:

1. [f] Sophia
17. [m] Nin1000
20. [m] MagnumBoy20xx

These three didn't vote.

Sophia was around at day end, didn't have a strong target. Still annoys me though because inherently not voting is cautious and makes reading her more difficult since there are no hard stances. Problem is she's done this in other games and it wasn't ever a scumtell, it was a 'piss cabot off' tell. It's noteworthy, but I can't use it to read her alignment effectively.

nin1000 v3.5 - this is my most suspicious read, especially since he spent most of D2 throwing shade at me for my unvote at the end of D1. He then doesn't vote at all, but says he doesn't want to lynch CCS. He actively could have stopped that from happening, but chose No Action instead. Why didn't you go for Stan to try and save CCS, nin?

Magnum - Sat a vote on AB, rescinded not long before day end and didn't put another one down. This isn't great, but Magnum already garnered some heat from others through the day phase, so I think not voting at all would be the wrong play as scum, you'd try to join a wagon trying to appear forthright.

So in order from most suspicious to least:

nin > magnum > Sophia

nin and melon's lack of action against Stan despite one declaring he didn’t want to lynch CCS and the other saying she'd switch to Stan if he came into contention (which he did) makes me seriously begin to suspect Stan.
Taking all of this into account...

VOTE: nin1000

I kept my vote on him all of D2, and he's still my highest scum read right now.

Ty4on

Nin is still Nin to me. Would probably fight his lynch.

Rn my two scum reads are Sophia and Bronx. Not quite feeling melon as scum.

Sophia

Looking over the CCS lynch, we have...

ccs (6)
kawl_usc 1143 (1851)
bronx-man 1209 (1644)
*splinter 1546
ynnek7 1654
stanleypalmtree 1689
melonrabbit 1750
terrabyte20xx 1775
kawl_usc 1860

We know Kawl is town. So what about the other posters?

I'd flip CCS for the anti-town shenanigans, lack of caring or attempting to contribute (even when pushed), sheeping, and other frustrating behavior. Without it we can't close the loop with acohrs. And I recognize it could just be me getting such scummy vibes from this play style.

I will put my vote down for now.

However, I am willing to switch my vote to Stan, if that gains traction or if there's a tie.

Melon wanted to flip CCS for anti-town shenanigans, which is a very easy stance for scum to take. She also decides she wants to flip to Stanley if the vote comes up, without really providing reasoning for it. Doesn't make me feel confident.

VOTE: CCS

I decided a while ago tbh. I'm not super hopeful about him flipping scum, but like Kyan said scum aren't going to remove him from the game and I don't trust the potential neutral to do it either. Only way I could see him being cleared at this point is Kawl flipping scum. Meanwhile the conversation is undeniably stuck on him, and day 1 will be easier to analyse when his role is known.

Similar to Melon, but he points out what Kyan (I presume) pointed out that scum aren't going to take CCS out on their own to keep the WIFOM up. Slightly more positive, I guess?

Doing a read through:

Was a bit confused by this. Do you mean that Natiko claiming to have lost an item would make it less likely for town to lynch him or for scum to ignore him at night? Just not sure of the what the connection is.

------

So it seems like most of today is focusing on CCS. Lynching him today will resolve the acohrs/CCS discussion, and allow us to look more closely at where everyone's votes were placed at the end of Day 1.

As of right now, Kawl and Splinter are voting for him. On top of that, Bronx had a vote until he moved it to Nin, and Melon has made it clear that she intends to vote for CCS as well. Out of this group, the only new person to vote for CCS who didn't vote for him day one is Splinter.

I'm still getting a bad reading of him, but there's also something else that's kind of sticking in my mind about him. Allow me to quote a few posts....

Alright, so there's this movie called "For Love of the Game", a baseball movie staring Kevin Costner who plays an aging pitcher who is playing in his final game. Over the course of the movie, people realize that he's on his way to pitching a no-hitter. In the final inning, the rival coach sends out a rookie pinch-hitter to bat. The reason for this is because the new guy would be the least likely to be intimidated by either a talented pitcher or the significance of their last game being a no-hitter.

To bring it back, I think CCS is the new guy and Sorian is Kevin Costner. The scum team probably went for fran for the reasons CzarTim gave, while CCS may have been the one to go for one of our most experienced players. If that's the case, he's either a neutral SK or vigilante who's cost us a townie while playing pretty anti-town.

Ynnek votes CCS for similar reasons. He makes a rather weird analog, and throws shade on Splinter. Someone else want to read this one over for me?

so you all just kinda fell apart for a bit there this morning, huh?
mafia's one hell of a drug.

anyway, because i kinda forgot to do this earlier.

and going back to the small DADV discussion earlier, i have to agree with Kawl take on it, how CCS has basically dug himself such a spectacular hole at this point, that any attempt attempt from potential scum buddies to defend him would look flimsy at best, and just more like put themselves on the chopping block next.

i wont lie, this got a laugh outa me,
im never helpful.

As for Nin's bizarrely antagonistic play, can we first agree that it is just adorable?
but yeah, town or not he really is nothing but a problem playing like he is, gonna have to go eventually.

Stanley jumps on the vote for similar reasons, I think? Also responds to Bronx.

So I am probably not going to be around for day end so I'll have to leave my vote now.

I'm not entirely satisfied with this choice but the fact that we are back here again goes to show that this will just be a distraction if we don't finish it and move on.

Terrabyte, who provides no real reason for jumping on the vote then the same as the others.

Of those five, based purely off these posts, Melon and Terrabyte give me the worst gut feeling, where as the other three are more null.

Sophia

Not voting anyone and just going "uuuhh, dunno about this lynch" maybe? :p

Most scum teams will naturally spread themselves out.

Naturally, scum will spread themselves out. But scum would also look for places to attach their vote to. The first two votes on Stanley are confirmed town, which makes it an easier place for scum to jump onto.

What was your reason for voting Stanley again?

Day 1 CCS wagon had Melon, Stan, Bronx and Ynnek who are still alive.

Melon and Stan I scum read more than Bronx who is a scum lean, ynnek is a null

Three of those four were still on the CCS vote on Day 2. Hmm.

Kyanrute

Splints, you are on the record for supporting a CCS lynch for information reasons - day one will be easier to analyze when his role is known - that'd be the quote from Sophia's post bit above. Analyze things for me if you would be so kind. What new do you now know that you did not previously know and why? How does this affect your views on different people?

Ty4on

Naturally, scum will spread themselves out. But scum would also look for places to attach their vote to. The first two votes on Stanley are confirmed town, which makes it an easier place for scum to jump onto.

What was your reason for voting Stanley again?.

I've been wary of him since I scum read him on D1:
That looks like "busy work" to me

VOTE: StanleyPalmtree

There's not a whole lot to go which is frustrating and holding my confidence back, but I struggle to read him as town. This is D2 btw:
:D :D :D

My issue with you is I haven't come across anything I find particularly townie and your actions make more sense from a scum PoV.

Kyanrute

my scum self is saying to me that after the day one disaster scummies would've wanted to guarantee a lynch on d2. would think it is likely there was more than 1 scum on ccs train on d2.

Ty4on

Kawl is an odd choice
Cabot being alive is even odder

I played around with me, you and cabot all being town and that's why they're not shy of killing active players.

That presumes they did it with some intent, hitting a lover probably wasn't planned unless scum team is *redacted* OP *screaming noises*.

from my vaugue recollection of events, tyson ((and natiko hes kinda dead now) was about the only vote on me that didnt come from out of nowhere,

not that surprising given how any vote on me kinda explains itself, but still.

Sophia

my scum self is saying to me that after the day one disaster scummies would've wanted to guarantee a lynch on d2. would think it is likely there was more than 1 scum on ccs train on d2.

You think at least two of the remaining scum are on CCS? How many scum do you think are remaining, anyhow?

*Splinter

I played around with me, you and cabot all being town and that's why they're not shy of killing active players.

That presumes they did it with some intent, hitting a lover probably wasn't planned unless scum team is *redacted* OP *screaming noises*.
Natiko is a reasonable pick to be fair. Kawl's death makes me wonder about the second kill's source though.

Kyan I see your question and will get to it tomorrow, but I find you asking it now to be scummy as fuck.

Sophia

Killing Natiko does prevent the function of whatever item he had from being revealed, unless he breadcrumbed it.

Now who silenced him, and if it was even intentional, is a mystery at this moment.

Kyanrute

You think at least two of the remaining scum are on CCS? How many scum do you think are remaining, anyhow?

It is possible. The exact thing that I am thinking is that it is likelier than normal that we can find more than one scum on d2 CCS, thanks to the way day one went. How much likelier, I can't quantify that I am afraid. Just a feel I have, as a former scum.

I haven't bothered to think about the team numbers because that involves math. Was thinking three but if there is a SK three more might be opening the door for a really fast potential ending.

Kyanrute

Natiko is a reasonable pick to be fair. Kawl's death makes me wonder about the second kill's source though.

Kyan I see your question and will get to it tomorrow, but I find you asking it now to be scummy as fuck.

I ask it because I really do not like your votes. If you are town, please stop with the pointless shade throwing. My feelsTM are not improved by the fact that you choose to throw shade instead of even slightly touching on why you find the question/timing/whatever scummy.

*Splinter

I ask it because I really do not like your votes. If you are town, please stop with the pointless shade throwing. My feelsTM are not improved by the fact that you choose to throw shade instead of even slightly touching on why you find the question/timing/whatever scummy.
Your question could have been asked yesterday, unless you're pretending to be surprised by CCS' flip. You also could have waited to see if I ignored the lead that I had supposedly voted for. But you couldn't contain yourself, you had to jump on that (blindingly obvious) lead right out the gate for those tasty town points.

I'm going to bed, everyone's homework is finding breadcrumbs from Kawl.

That's a hit. Damn. Didn't Natiko even hint this was a possibility?

Cabot, I'm not scum. I'm town. Frustrated town and I disliked how CCS was playing.

Sophia

Soooooooooooooooooooooo much fluff and the opinions are really weak. D1, but it looked try-hard.

What about his Day 2 reads and opinions then? Knowing that acohrs was the first scum on his own vote, does Stanley look like a scum who's reacting to the loss of a teammate?

Kyanrute

Your question could have been asked yesterday, unless you're pretending to be surprised by CCS' flip. You also could have waited to see if I ignored the lead that I had supposedly voted for. But you couldn't contain yourself, you had to jump on that (blindingly obvious) lead right out the gate for those tasty town points.

I'm going to bed, everyone's homework is finding breadcrumbs from Kawl.

Asking the question yesterday leaves the door open for "lets wait for the flip and see" or expands the discussion by adding multiple different possibilities to the speculation. Now we have a one thing to consider. Not speaking about CCS here, but you. You entered the sights as a possible busser and were removed from the sights when I concluded that your potential scum play was too good to attack you for. In other words, if you were a bussing scum, you did it well enough for me to give you a free pass, until the flip brought you up again. I really felt that your day two vote was incredibly easy. You could do so much more, I thought. But I waited for the flip and saw.

I could not contain myself, that is true. Why wait if I can control? By asking, I can force it out of you. By staying silent, the door through which you can flee stays open. "Why did you not ask me this earlier?" asked the Splinter of an alternative universe about 36 hours from now. Now you have to provide, either an explanation or something else. I wish to see if your words were more than that, if you actually had some substance behind them. They are easy words to write, analyze and all. It is moderately harder to turn fluff into content.

Your increased aggressiveness worries me. It is only few posts, but they stand out. You have been bit on the background in my opinion, you can be more fiery if you want. Why does the flame burn when it sees me?

Ty4on

What about his Day 2 reads and opinions then? Knowing that acohrs was the first scum on his own vote, does Stanley look like a scum who's reacting to the loss of a teammate?

His D2 read looked weak as well. I can totally see scum piggybacking Kawl and voting CCS. Do you town read him?

Top Bottom