• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda Mafia |OT| A Lynch to the Past

nin1000

Banned
just to make it clear.

I was not at the end of Day 2 is because something came up and i could not follow up to even post. Yes, i know this sucks, adding to that was of course my low activity and my less than average posts.

I can of course understand your vote on me Cabot but i will try to show you that i am indeed a true Townie.

Bronx is just following along but i can also understand that fellow.

a mad list will follow as soon as a wake up.

Sophia

Is there anyone you town read?

cabot slightly, due to the fact that he's taking initiative.

Somethings I looked over observing day 1:

Melon's read list and her vote on CCS:
  • We see she has Acohrs as a neutral/others. We know that's wrong. He was scum.
  • We see she has Kyanrute as no read. Easy observation to make.
  • We see two confirmed town (CCS and Natiko) in her scum list
  • We see two confirmed town (Kawl and Sorian) in her null list.
Stanley's read list and vote on Pop (Now Terra):
  • We see he gives Acohrs an effective pass for his behavior. We know now that Acohrs was scum.
  • We see him give Sorian a pass for aggression, while attempting to discredit Sorian. We know how that Sorian was town.
Stanley's reads, and vote on CCS.
  • We see him lump Acohrs and Ty4on together. We know Acohrs is scum. At the time of this vote, Acohrs had two votes, and Ty4on had one vote. Where did this comment of Ty4on come from, I wonder?
  • We see him give a pass to Acohrs not being scum with flimsy justification.
  • We see him give a pass to the argument for Ty4on.
Ty4on's vote of acohrs
  • Could be a bus attempt? Yes I'm aware this could be applied to myself, but the commentary about CCS is interesting given we know CCS is town and Acohrs is scum now
Bronx-Man's vote on CCS:
  • CCS flipped town. Would Bronx still have voted for Acohrs? Bronx was on the vote for CCS in Day 2, but jumped off to... yell at Nin apparently.
  • Justifies not voting for acohrs because he's apparently not playing how he played in Pop. Fallacious argument.
Ynnek voting for CCS
  • Thinks both CCS and Acohrs look pretty bad, but that CCS looks worse.

I didn't finish, but sadly health issues are bothering me right now so I'll get to more later.

cabot slightly, due to the fact that he's taking initiative.

Somethings I looked over observing day 1:

We know how that Sorian was town.
[/list]
Stanley's reads, and vote on CCS.

• [*]We see him lump Acohrs and Ty4on together. We know Acohrs is scum. At the time of this vote, Acohrs had two votes, and Ty4on had one vote. Where did this comment of Ty4on come from, I wonder?
  • We see him give a pass to Acohrs not being scum with flimsy justification.
  • We see him give a pass to the argument for Ty4on.

hold on what? i didnt make any connection between achors and ty4on?

or is your point that i just talked about about them both in the same post.

Sophia

hold on what? i didnt make any connection between achors and ty4on?

or is your point that i just talked about about them both in the same post.

You lumped them together as the two people that everyone seemed to have the most suspicious of. A quick glance at the vote count suggested the opposite, however I did not read into that particular page to recall the full conversation at the time.

Sophia

Also seeing as you're here Stanley, what do you make of the votes on you? You came close to being an alternative lynch to CCS.

You lumped them together as the two people that everyone seemed to have the most suspicious of. A quick glance at the vote count suggested the opposite, however I did not read into that particular page to recall the full conversation at the time.
so not only do i not remember the content of my previous posts, but i cant even read them properly either.

Also seeing as you're here Stanley, what do you make of the votes on you? You came close to being an alternative lynch to CCS.

meh.

a few people clearly genuinely suspect me, and with good reasons.
others seemed to more be voting me because they though i was a better target that CSS.
iv gotten no particular impressions that any push against me has been nefarious in origin.
so yeah, meh.

cabot

That's a hit. Damn. Didn't Natiko even hint this was a possibility?

Cabot, I'm not scum. I'm town. Frustrated town and I disliked how CCS was playing.

An considering how many NKs we've had, you're okay with that mentality?

we've wasted a mislynch on someone who you seemed to believe was a nuisance more than being scum.

You didn't answer my question.

cabot

Why are you even frustrated?

You had one person tunnel on you and it didnt even end with your lynch, there were still a few people clearly disagreeing with my stance?

Why exactly does that frustrate you?

cabot

I'd like to bring up this as well:

I'm not really sure why this is a worry if you think you've found a scum target.

It's very odd to note.

This gained traction, yet your vote still held on CCS. Why didn't you switch?

This is the question

cabot

13 players remain, including a likely SK.

We've also had a lover pair 2-for-1 kill sale.

Based on this information, My current thinking on the game:

• The Item Thief is scum
  • There are probably only 3 scum, instead of 4
  • I'd be surprised if there's another neutral. If there is, it's Item Thief. With that and SK together, that seems too dangerous to Town.
  • I assume we have some form of role that's got some protection from a NK, ...I hope we do

cabot

just to make it clear.

I was not at the end of Day 2 is because something came up and i could not follow up to even post. Yes, i know this sucks, adding to that was of course my low activity and my less than average posts.

I can of course understand your vote on me Cabot but i will try to show you that i am indeed a true Townie.

Bronx is just following along but i can also understand that fellow.

a mad list will follow as soon as a wake up.

My vote is't on you, but I sure hope you step up today, all of my solid town reads are dead.

It's only people I'm unsure of left.

cabot

The best I can muster is a lean to town. I'm very afraid right now.

Town Leans

6. [m] Ty4on
7. [m] AbsolutBro
14. [m] Kyanrute

Null

20. [m] MagnumBoy20xx
1. [f] Sophia
5. [f] Melonrabbit
11. [m] *Splinter
16. [m] Ynnek7

Scum Leans

17. [m] Nin1000
18. [m] Bronx-Man

Scum

2. [m] StanleyPalmtree
19. [m] Pop-O-Matic -> [m] Terrabyte20xx

*Splinter

Kyan's post is wordy and has a ton of filler, so I'm gonna break it down to highlight that.

Asking the question yesterday leaves the door open for "lets wait for the flip and see"
I fail to see the problem here, nothing stopping you pushing for an answer.

or expands the discussion by adding multiple different possibilities to the speculation.
Yes, expanding the discussion would have been just terrible.

Now we have a one thing to consider.
Padding.

Not speaking about CCS here, but you.
Stating the obvious again, this sentence serves literally no purpose.

You entered the sights as a possible busser and were removed from the sights when I concluded that your potential scum play was too good to attack you for. In other words, if you were a bussing scum, you did it well enough for me to give you a free pass, until the flip brought you up again.
Ok so you are pretending that CCS' flip was a surprise. This section also justifies why Kyan is looking at me - something that I don't think ever needs justifying and certainly wasn't questioned in my post.

I really felt that your day two vote was incredibly easy.
I explained at the time how it was simply the right move to make. Yes it was easy, the easiness of D2 vote unfortunately makes it less useful to look back on, but I don't regret it one bit.

You could do so much more, I thought.
This much is true at least. I thought about trying to move the discussion beyond the obvious CCS lynch, but when the lynch target is so obvious it's hard to do and ultimately I didn't bother.

But I waited for the flip and saw.
Again pretending to be surprised, but what I want to point out here is that this sentence doesn't follow on from the previous two, it's pure filler material.

I'll also point out that half of my criticism was (poorly) addressed in his first sentence. Everything since then has been unrelated to my post and entirely superfluous.

I could not contain myself, that is true. Why wait if I can control? By asking, I can force it out of you.
Ok finally we get some more response to my actual post, but what are you telling us here? I already explained the benefit of asking later, your rebuttal is some nice sounding words that mean nothing. Forcing an answer tells you how cooperative am - a terrible indicator of alignment. Waiting to see if I use the information I voted for tells you if I was actually interested in using it - a better indicator of alignment.

By staying silent, the door through which you can flee stays open.
Meaningless, filler, not even true.

"Why did you not ask me this earlier?" asked the Splinter of an alternative universe about 36 hours from now.
Alternate universe Splinter is an idiot, apparently. That question has a clear answer that I already outlined above. Asking later wouldn't even have been scummy, thus avoiding this whole song and dance.

Now you have to provide, either an explanation or something else.
No shit. Do you think that a scum Splinter would be incapable of analysing a scum V town D1 vote?

I wish to see if your words were more than that, if you actually had some substance behind them.
No shit. Do you think that a scum Splinter would be inca- ...Hey, waitaminute!

They are easy words to write, analyze and all. It is moderately harder to turn fluff into content.
Don't worry you're doing just fine 👍

Your increased aggressiveness worries me. It is only few posts, but they stand out. You have been bit on the background in my opinion, you can be more fiery if you want. Why does the flame burn when it sees me?
And I won't break this last bit down, but in short: act scummy and I'm gonna call you on it.

D1 vote analysis coming *when I can be bothered* 😘

*Splinter

The best I can muster is a lean to town. I'm very afraid right now.

Town Leans

6. [m] Ty4on
7. [m] AbsolutBro
14. [m] Kyanrute

Null

20. [m] MagnumBoy20xx
1. [f] Sophia
5. [f] Melonrabbit
11. [m] *Splinter
16. [m] Ynnek7

Scum Leans

17. [m] Nin1000
18. [m] Bronx-Man

Scum

2. [m] StanleyPalmtree
19. [m] Pop-O-Matic -> [m] Terrabyte20xx
How did melon get in to your null list?
When did Terra become scum? I don't remember you mentioning him before.

cabot

How did melon get in to your null list?
When did Terra become scum? I don't remember you mentioning him before.

I'm struggling to see scum keeping me alive when I went so hard on melon yesterday. It could be a double bluff, but it's certainly forced me to reboot my read.

Terra hasn't been mentioned because I've been waiting for him to deliver something of use, all I remember was him throwing shade on me once and Pop's inactivity in D1 which was a scumtell to me.

*Splinter

I'm struggling to see scum keeping me alive when I went so hard on melon yesterday. It could be a double bluff, but it's certainly forced me to reboot my read.

Terra hasn't been mentioned because I've been waiting for him to deliver something of use, all I remember was him throwing shade on me once and Pop's inactivity in D1 which was a scumtell to me.
Maybe I've been misreading the room, but I feel like melon was pretty much the top scum suspect yesterday. She certainly had more than just you suspecting her, I feel like you're just using this idea to excuse your survival.

Also Pop's inactivity is a scumtell? Lover pls

cabot

Maybe I've been misreading the room, but I feel like melon was pretty much the top scum suspect yesterday. She certainly had more than just you suspecting her, I feel like you're just using this idea to excuse your survival.

Also Pop's inactivity is a scumtell? Lover pls

there was reasonable heat on melon, but only three people ended the vote on her, with a significant amount hitting stan instead, that doesn't show me she was the 'top scum' because it wasnt everyone abiding by a CCS lynch.

Could I use this as an excuse for survival? yes.

Could scum keep me alive for 1) I'm wrong about melon and they expect me to tunnel her for a second day in a row and 2) It is beginning to be suspicious that I'm still alive. Also yes.

Not really stronger one way or another there, lover.

Why was Natiko/Tim chosen? (my belief is scum killed one of these two) because one of them had scum in their targets and they were both generally well town read, as opposed to me who has possibly targeted Town.

That's why I think they were chosen over me.

Why is Pop's inactivty worthy of a brush off?

Do you remember love boat? Kawl went AWOL, flipped scum.

cabot

I gave Terra a full day phase out of grace and he offered little real info aside from throwing shade at people without evidence and a shady vote on a now confirmed Town.

I think that's more than adequate.

Oh, now, I'm null to you.

Scum's laughing at us.

An considering how many NKs we've had, you're okay with that mentality?

we've wasted a mislynch on someone who you seemed to believe was a nuisance more than being scum.

You didn't answer my question.

My mentality has nothing to do with NKs. I believed CCS was scum based on how anti-town he was playing. We've been over this. Several times.

Why are you even frustrated?

You had one person tunnel on you and it didnt even end with your lynch, there were still a few people clearly disagreeing with my stance?

Why exactly does that frustrate you?

Get over yourself. I'm frustrated with myself and wish I had a better handle on the game. I've contributed quite poorly overall.

This is the question

My voting for Stan wouldn't have gotten him lynched and last vote shenanigans are frowned upon, no?

I would be more worried about those who chose to withhold their vote, despite being there end of day.

*Splinter

there was reasonable heat on melon, but only three people ended the vote on her, with a significant amount hitting stan instead, that doesn't show me she was the 'top scum' because it wasnt everyone abiding by a CCS lynch.
Most of us where on CCS, I know I'm not the only one who had melon as a top suspect though.

It is interesting that Stan had more votes than melon, however.

Could I use this as an excuse for survival? yes.

Could scum keep me alive for 1) I'm wrong about melon and they expect me to tunnel her for a second day in a row and 2) It is beginning to be suspicious that I'm still alive. Also yes.

Not really stronger one way or another there, lover.
1) Plenty of people were wrong about melon, I don't think killing you would have made her lynch any less likely. If anything killing you would make it more likely as you wouldn't be here to change your mind.
2) Pretty pointless risk for a player of unknown role. Noone had even mentioned this before today.

Skipping your paragraph on Natiko/Tim but I agree and think Natiko was likely the scum kill.

Why is Pop's inactivty worthy of a brush off?

Do you remember love boat? Kawl went AWOL, flipped scum.
Do you think Pop lurked so hard he accidentally subbed himself out of the game? I'm not going to discuss this point further because Terra has done literally nothing to inspire confidence, but mentioning Pop's inactivity just seemed like a weird justification of a scumread to me.

cabot

1) ]Oh, now, I'm null to you.

Scum's laughing at us.

My mentality has nothing to do with NKs. I believed CCS was scum based on how anti-town he was playing. We've been over this. Several times.

2) Get over yourself. I'm frustrated with myself and wish I had a better handle on the game. I've contributed quite poorly overall.

3) My voting for Stan wouldn't have gotten him lynched and last vote shenanigans are frowned upon, no?

I would be more worried about those who chose to withhold their vote, despite being there end of day.

1) I've explained clearly my thinking, if you're Town surely you see the logic? Please shitpost instead though.

2) Please, this isn't narcissism, if you're frustrated with yourself what are you going to do about it? Step up.

3) Garbage. If you think Stan is more likely to be scum, then you'd hit there and yes, you could have brought him ahead:

I'd flip CCS for the anti-town shenanigans, lack of caring or attempting to contribute (even when pushed), sheeping, and other frustrating behavior. Without it we can't close the loop with acohrs. And I recognize it could just be me getting such scummy vibes from this play style.

I will put my vote down for now.

vote: CCS

However, I am willing to switch my vote to Stan, if that gains traction or if there's a tie.

This post is 6.30pm, deadline is at 11.00pm

This is the next vote count:

Current Vote Count:

ccs (5)
kawl_usc 1143
bronx-man 1209 (1644)
*splinter 1546
ynnek7 1654
stanleypalmtree 1689
melonrabbit 1750

stanleypalmtree (3)
ccs 1410 (1604)
czartim 1620
ty4on 1676
natiko 1690

Majority is 8

This is 7.54pm, just over three hours before deadline. You post after this vote count when no one else throws a vote down, which means yes, you could have brought Stan very much into contention, and it isn't a 'last minute vote shenanigan' like you were so worried about.

Also, caring more about how your vote looks instead of who it's targeting? Scummy.

Splinter is (somewhat) defending me? This is the darkest timeline.

Most of us where on CCS, I know I'm not the only one who had melon as a top suspect though.

1) Plenty of people were wrong about melon, I don't think killing you would have made her lynch any less likely. If anything killing you would make it more likely as you wouldn't be here to change your mind.
2) Pretty pointless risk for a player of unknown role. Noone had even mentioned this before today.

Skipping your paragraph on Natiko/Tim but I agree and think Natiko was likely the scum kill.

Do you think Pop lurked so hard he accidentally subbed himself out of the game? I'm not going to discuss this point further because Terra has done literally nothing to inspire confidence, but mentioning Pop's inactivity just seemed like a weird justification of a scumread to me.

Interesting phrasing.

Also, tell me about how pretty my eyes are.

cabot

Last game Pop was town (Pop Mafia), he made a gambit within a couple of minutes of the game starting, then was active up until his death.

Last game he was scum (Pixar), he was mostly completely absent in the game itself.

That's exactly why I scumread Pop, he didn't want to be scum again, so went inactive and was subbed out. Obviously going on a pure meta read is wrong, hence I didn't chase Terra up yesterday. Now I feel I've given him enough time to turn me around, and he has failed to do so.

cabot

Seems your intentionally downplaying the fact I'm the most active player and also hard tunneled into melon yesterday, also the fact she wasn't even second in the final tally counters your theory that my NK 'wouldn't make a difference'. If the town leader can't force a switch to even get her into second place, then I don't think her lynch is likely.

1) I've explained clearly my thinking, if you're Town surely you see the logic? Please shitpost instead though.

2) Please, this isn't narcissism, if you're frustrated with yourself what are you going to do about it? Step up.

3) Garbage. If you think Stan is more likely to be scum, then you'd hit there and yes, you could have brought him ahead.

1.) I don't understand your first point. So, I neither agree nor disagree.
2.) Why didn't I think of that?! You are so much better at mafia than me.
3.) Obviously didn't think Stan was more scummy than CCS or more likely. I don't fucking know now.

Seems your intentionally downplaying the fact I'm the most active player and also hard tunneled into melon yesterday, also the fact she wasn't even second in the final tally counters your theory that my NK 'wouldn't make a difference'. If the town leader can't force a switch to even get her into second place, then I don't think her lynch is likely.

#hubris

cabot

1.) I don't understand your first point. So, I neither agree nor disagree.
2.) Why didn't I think of that?! You are so much better at mafia than me.
3.) Obviously didn't think Stan was more scummy than CCS or more likely. I don't fucking know now.

1) My theory that if you're Town, scum keeping me alive makes sense because I was tunneling on you as a Town. That's an easy lynch to follow and then subsequently put suspicion on me the following day when you flip Town.

2) Uh-huh.

3)
Why did you mention switching to Stan then?

*Splinter

Splinter is (somewhat) defending me? This is the darkest timeline.

Interesting phrasing.

Also, tell me about how pretty my eyes are.
I'm 100% not defending you, you're still my top suspect. I think "wrong" was supposed to be "scumreading", no idea why I typed that.

I would totally lynch someone for that, lol

*Splinter

A wrong town leader left alive will continue to lead, and may change target.

A dead town leader is wrong forever.

1) My theory that if you're Town, scum keeping me alive makes sense because I was tunneling on you as a Town. That's an easy lynch to follow and then subsequently put suspicion on me the following day when you flip Town.

2) Uh-huh.

3)
Why did you mention switching to Stan then?

1.) Since I am town it is either likely correct or you're scum.

2.) You're the prettiest boy in all of Scotland.

3.) Because he was brought up and at the time CCS didn't seem like the direction people were moving in and I didn't think a CCS lynch would go through.

Kyanrute

Kyan's post is wordy and has a ton of filler, so I'm gonna break it down to highlight that. Filler cuz Kyan wanted to have fun. No fun allowed.

I fail to see the problem here, nothing stopping you pushing for an answer. Did not think you were problematic at the time.

Yes, expanding the discussion would have been just terrible. Shade, meant that I find it easier to speculate about more concrete things than n amount of possibilities.

Stating the obvious again, this sentence serves literally no purpose. The purpose is fun.

Ok so you are pretending that CCS' flip was a surprise. This section also justifies why Kyan is looking at me - something that I don't think ever needs justifying and certainly wasn't questioned in my post. Of course CCS was a surprise, meaning that I was not sure what his alignment was. The rest, just me explaining the way I think.

This much is true at least. I thought about trying to move the discussion beyond the obvious CCS lynch, but when the lynch target is so obvious it's hard to do and ultimately I didn't bother. Cool.

Again pretending to be surprised, but what I want to point out here is that this sentence doesn't follow on from the previous two, it's pure filler material. This nitpicking is so scum Splinter.

Ok finally we get some more response to my actual post, but what are you telling us here? I already explained the benefit of asking later, your rebuttal is some nice sounding words that mean nothing. Forcing an answer tells you how cooperative am - a terrible indicator of alignment. Waiting to see if I use the information I voted for tells you if I was actually interested in using it - a better indicator of alignment. Forcing an answer gets the discussion moving. I have felt that it has not been moving enough and for now would prefer to actively move it around instead of looking and thinking.

Meh. Either scum or a major playstyle disagreement up to the point that I do not care if I am wrong.

VOTE: *Splinter

I'm 100% not defending you, you're still my top suspect. I think "wrong" was supposed to be "scumreading", no idea why I typed that.

I would totally lynch someone for that, lol

Mmmhmmm.

Have you come up with a reason for this one, yet?

Really? I give you a nice compliment and that's all you want to focus on.

You said it yourself -- you being alive today looks suspicious.

Either your theory checks or you are scum. The only universal truth I know is that I'm town. But I believe your theory, for the moment.

Do you think Bronx NKed Sorian out of spite?

cabot

VOTE: Terrabyte20xx

Top 2 scum, and top SK candidate.

Any other thoughts and feelings you feel would be useful to say.

cabot

Really? I give you a nice compliment and that's all you want to focus on.

You said it yourself -- you being alive today looks suspicious.

Either your theory checks or you are scum. The only universal truth I know is that I'm town. But I believe your theory, for the moment.

Do you think Bronx NKed Sorian out of spite?

Compliments don't help us win this game, only good pre-dates to get the confidence going.

Being a SK allows you to be like that, Bronx specifically killed me in WWE Mafia as SK because I was pushing him as a lynch target. It's not out of character, though I wouldn't necessarily say it's only true to Bronx's character either. You can kill for whatever you like as SK.

Ty4on

Compliments don't help us win this game, only good pre-dates to get the confidence going.

Being a SK allows you to be like that, Bronx specifically killed me in WWE Mafia as SK because I was pushing him as a lynch target. It's not out of character, though I wouldn't necessarily say it's only true to Bronx's character either. You can kill for whatever you like as SK.

I speculated that scum chose to steal from Natiko N1 because Sorian was their NK target. Sorian is usually a PR magnet. Kinda ballsy tho when you've just lost your ninja.

cabot

That vote justification is garbage but I just remembered you're probably town, so whatever.

So your analysis of his post was what, he's town but made one scummy post?

or he was scum, and this subsequent vote is so poor I now think he's town again?

You're strange, Doctor.

I hadn't considered Bronx being the SK, just possibly on the scum team, but it could explain some of his erratic behavior.

*Splinter

So your analysis of his post was what, he's town but made one scummy post?

or he was scum, and this subsequent vote is so poor I now think he's town again?
He had one post making me think scum versus nothing making me think town.

Then I remembered stuff from yesterday that made me think he's town.

cabot

I speculated that scum chose to steal from Natiko N1 because Sorian was their NK target. Sorian is usually a PR magnet. Kinda ballsy tho when you've just lost your ninja.

I dunno, fran could be a scum target as well, he was active but less prominent than Sorian, making protective PRs hitting him unlikely.

Honestly either N1 kill have reasonably justifications for either SK or Scum. I think N2 is more obvious.

Who's your current scum targets?

Top Bottom